Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shubhangi ShindheYour feedback matters!
Certain diseases are a major cause of concern as often these diseases can cause severe health complications. Various campaigns and awareness have been spread both by the government and NGOs for practicing safe sex to fight against these sexually transmitted diseases.
Here are a few tips on how to avoid contracting sexually transmitted diseases:
- Selective Abstinence: Selective abstinence is when people indulge in certain sexual activities, but limit in what they do to avoid the chances of contracting sexually transmitted diseases. People who do practice selective abstinence run a lower risk of contracting sexually transmitted diseases, which is also dependent on the type of sexual activity they indulge in as certain sexual acts have a higher chance of spreading STDs than others.
- Using condoms: Using latex condoms decreases the chances of contracting sexually transmitted diseases. If you use lubricants, make sure that they are water based. Condoms are however not 100% effective at preventing sexually transmitted diseases, but reduce the chance of infection to a great extent. It is highly advised to learn how to properly use condoms.
- Mutual monogamy: Another way to avoid getting infected by STDs is to practice mutual monogamy. If you and your partner do not have sex with anyone else, then it greatly reduces the chances of getting infected with sexually transmitted diseases.
- Getting tested: Getting tested for sexually transmitted diseases as well as asking your partner to do so decreases the chances of transmitting sexually transmitted diseases. Refrain from having sex if either of you test positive.
- Avoid alcohol and recreational drugs: Avoiding the usage of recreational drugs and alcohol reduces the chances of contracting STDs. Indulging in sexual activities while being highly intoxicated can both cause you to forget practicing safe sex.
- Practicing healthy habits: Practicing certain healthy habits also reduces the chances of contracting sexually transmitted diseases. These include avoiding sharing towels and undergarments, washing before and after sexual intercourse and getting a vaccination for hepatitis B.
- Low risk and high risk activities: Certain sexual activities such as open mouth kissing and hand to genital contact have a lower risk of infection. Other activities such as oral sex, vaginal intercourse, and genital to genital contact have a higher chance of infection. Understanding the risks better would allow you to avoid contacting diseases easily.
Charming Health - March 2017
- Importance of immunity cannot be under played under any circumstances.
- It is immunity which protects humans against all ailments.
- However, unfortunately it is going down due to pollution, wrong food habits, and misuse of antibiotics.
- It is now proved that immunity levels can be improved by several methods, namely Exercise, Right food habits, Scientific Fasting etc.
- Among all of them Fasting is definitely the most important and effective tool.
- One good occasion for fasting the Navaratry period. Celebrate it as Health Festival. This News letter has suggested the ritual to be followed, every time the Navaratry is around.
- The Vasant Navaratry this year is commencing from 28th March 2017.
- For the convenience of new members and for those who might have forgotten, the ritual is being again repeated in this News Letter under Health Tips. Follow it and prepare to protect against ailments lurking round the corner to attack, as soon as the Summer and Monsoon seasons arrive.
Observe Navaratry as suggested below:
NAVRATRI HEALTH TIPS:
DIET DURING NAVARATRY:
Depending upon the personal body constitution the procedure is divided in 4 Sections as follows:
A. Obese and Non Diabetic: Just stop all foods and start on plain Water or Lime water or Coconut water. Use a mix of these, for first seven days. Change to Fresh Fruit Juice or sugarless Juice, for two remaining days. On the tenth day take a light meal and then gradually come back to normal food in 2-3 days time. (Expected Weight Loss, 4-5 Kgs)
B. Obese and Diabetic: Stop all food. Start on Fresh or Sugarless Fruit Juice, preferably citrus, for all nine days. Divide the fruit juice in 4-5 equal parts. Take a light meal on tenth day. Come to normal food in 2-3 days time. (Expected Weight Loss, 3-4 kgs)
C. Normal constitution: Stop all normal food. For first three days take nothing but water, lemon water or coconut water. From the fourth day onwards start on Fresh or Sugarless Fruit Juice. Take a light meal on tenth day. Come to normal food in 2-3 days time. (Expected Weight loss, 2-3 Kgs)
D. Under weight and first timers: Stop Normal Food. Start on 4 to 5 Medium Bananas and one liter of pasteurized cow milk. Divide this food in three or four parts. Continue for nine days. Take a light meal on tenth day. Come to normal food in 2-3 days time. (Expected weight Loss, Nil)
Other parts of the Therapy, (For all four sections):
- Take fresh water Enema every day. (Arrangement available at the Charming Yoga Center). Alternatively, buy the kit from the center and take enema at home- Training is provided free. For those who cannot take enema, take a big cup of Spinach soup every day. Though less effective, it is the best alternative.
- Under no circumstances, consume any fried food, or spicy food.
- Do not eat any so called Phalahri foods prepared from Kattu, Singhara/Rajgira Atta, Saboodana etc. Do not eat sweets made from milk or above mentioned attas.
- Drink lots of water. Total fluid intake should be about 3 liters per day.
- Do not stop your Normal Exercises or other Physical activities. Those who devote long hours on Pujas etc., and find no time for exercise, should add 40 minutes of walking every day.
- Those who chant sacred texts like Chandi Path or Durga Shapt Shati etc., sometimes feel drowsy during the chanting. They may, therefore, do their chanting along with walking. This will help chanting without getting drowsy. As a bonus, they will be bestowed with a healthier body.
- Those who cannot follow the whole course may do so for lesser number of days and increase gradually in subsequent Navaratry periods.
- The first timers and others should remain in a positive mood.
- Keep away from discouraging words and worried long faces.
These steps will definitely improve the immunity levels. And better immunity will help everyone remain healthy and active.
Let Maa Durga bestow good health upon all the readers.
- The winter is now gone.
- Vasant the king of all seasons is here.
- Be careful of Mosquito which are now already visible.
- Although the peak season of fruits and vegetables is going some summer fruits will replace them soon.
- Grapes are already here. Kinnows and Oranges are in plenty. The humble Melons and Water Melons are also ready to appear.
- Even the Ber is a fruit, full of nutrients. Do not ignore it.
- Bati is a popular food item in west Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh. In eastern India its other version, Litti is equally popular.
- In the past bati was baked upon half burnt cow dung cakes.
- It was a cumbersome process. Therefore though popular, it was a rarity.
- It can now be made in a much easier way.
- Prepare hard Dough from whole wheat atta and roll in round balls of the size of big lemons.
- Boil them in a pressure cooker for about 10 minutes.
- Then grill them in an oven till the colour changes to slight brown. Frequent turning them during baking is very important so that baties are evenly baked all around.
- For those who can eat fats may break the bati and sink it in ghee. Others can just roll them in ghee without breaking.
- Eat with any dal of choice.
- It is also possible to stuff the baties with mashed Potato, or Paneer, or Tofu etc.
- Baties can also be finely crushed and mixed with Gur and ghee.
- Prepared this way, baties are not only delicious but are also very healthy.
- Some people fry the dough balls. This must be avoided because frying destroys all nutritional values of wheat, otherwise available in Baties.
ADOPT NATUROPATHY FOR PERPETUAL GOOD HEALTH
IMPORTANT NOTE: This News Letter is being sent to you free of any cost or obligation. If you feel that your Friends/Relatives/Neighbors etc. can benefit from this News Letter, kindly provide their E-Mail addresses. If however you feel that this is an unnecessary encroachment upon your inbox, you can send a mail to the editor and it will be stopped.
I'm 36 weeks pregnant. As per the ultrasound reports, in my last pregnancy during 36 weeks t started Grade 2 and now it says Grade 3, rest of the things are normal. My gynae has confirmed that all is well. I wanted to what's this Grade 2 n grade 3 impacts and results in. I had my first baby via c-sec n medically it states that it was due to fetal stress. Please advice.
I was married before 2 years ago. I am in service of Indian army. My wife is not getting pregnant. So what is problem.
I am diagnosed with endometriosis cyst which is of 4.5 cm in right side and around 4 cm in left side. Should I go for surgery?
Hi my wife is 32 Week pregnant and feeling sometime little water discharge after using washroom she feel it 2 Times in a week. We are afraid is this serious or its normal please suggest. As per our consulting doctor its not serious as its our second baby. As per 10 Days back ultrasound baby is fine and baby weight is around 1500 Gram.
I did sex with 2 guys with in a week without precautions. But also they both not insert semen in me. And they both are clean. Is there any risk of hiv. I dnt want to go for hiv test. Please tell the chances of risk.
Life is full of challenges. We all have our own ways of dealing with stress and strains of life. But, a strong sense of resilience can make you different from others. Winners don’t do different things, but they do it differently. That’s what you need to keep in mind. While there are hundreds of strategies to deal with stress, you need to learn the best ones to increase your sense of resilience. The more resilient you are, the better is your chance of succeeding in life. Your power of resilience is like an armour that will guard you in the battlefield of life.
Here’s all that you need to know about how to become more resilient. From personal tragedies to occupational hazards, you will be able to deal with everything under the sun by following the tips below:
1. Acceptance towards change: It is important for all of us to accept a simple fact that life is dynamic in nature. Nothing in our lives is permanent. Situations and events change in our lives, bringing occasional bliss or sorrows. Therefore, if you realize the fact that change is an indispensable part of life and be a little flexible, you will automatically become more resilient.
2. Be realistic: You must have a realistic outlook towards life. Don’t let your mind be preoccupied with fanciful ideas or build castles in the air. Realism and pragmatism are the fundamentals to a healthy living. If you have a pragmatic mind and understand the real problems in life, you will not lose hope too soon. Therefore, you will be more resilient than others as you have already prepared yourself for the worst things in life by understanding the reality.
3. Control your emotions: It has been often noticed that when scuba divers drown, they are still left with enough oxygen in their tanks. It is because they have pulled off their oxygen masks at the time of danger. Researchers believe that most of us, when in danger, lose our senses and start panicking. This worsens the situation and aggravates the problems in our lives, destroying harmony and peace. Therefore, a person with better sense of resilience has better control over his emotions as well. Don’t freak out or panic at the time of danger or get depressed over an issue for long. You must have a fighting attitude in life and be prepared to face the worst.
4. Be a good communicator: It is quite true that most of our problems can be sorted out by communication. If you maintain proper communication with people and yourself and keep all channels of communication open, you will have solutions to various problems in life. This boosts your confidence and sense of resilience.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
HiMy mother (age 62) has been done Ultrasound scanning of abdomenthat report was ovaries: Right ovary measures: 36*28 mm.(Increased in size) left ovary measures: 28*16 mm.(normal) PLease let me know info about this report except this everything is fine.
Hello doctor. I got my ivf treatment embroys transfer was done on 2nd feb 2017. On 16 th feb my beta hcg was 1165.0 then after 48 hours it was 3333.0 now I am 6 weeks pregnant. In transvaginal scan doctor saw only G sac and foetal pole but no heartbeat yet. I am so worried what can I do. Plzz help me.
Lymphogranuloma venereum (LGV) is a STD caused by the three different types of the “Chlamydia trachomatis” bacterium. LGV is generally a disease of the lymphatic system. It is characterized by small, asymptomatic skin lesions along the pelvis or groin region. It has been noticed that men are more prone to this than women.
What are the symptoms of lymphogranuloma venereum?
The symptoms may start within a few days or months after coming in contact with the bacteria. Some of the common symptoms are:
1. Pain during bowel movement
2. The growth of small painless sores in the genital area
3. Your skin might swell and turn red.
4. There can be drainage from the lymph nodes in the groin.
5. Blood and puss may pass from the rectum as well
What are the possible complications related to lymphogranuloma venereum?
1) The patient may have brain inflammation although this is very rare
2) The patient may suffer from infection in joints, eyes, heart, and liver
3) The rectum may get narrower and scary
4) There may be long-term swelling and inflammation of the genitals
How can you diagnose lymphogranuloma venereum?
1. Generally, doctors suspect lymphogranuloma venereum when the patient is suffering from genital ulcers, swollen lymph nodes and proctitis (inflammation of the rectum and anus).
2. Rectal specimens, genital lesions, and lymph node specimens are taken to test for Chlamydia trachomatis. This is detected by culture, nucleic acid detection, and direct immunofluorescence tests.
What are the treatments available for lymphogranuloma venereum?
People with LGV must be treated with antibiotics and drainage of the bulbous growths may also be necessary for symptomatic relief. Generally, two antibiotics are used to treat such patients:
1. Doxycycline, may be used to treat patients who are not pregnant.
2. Erythromycin is used in other cases and especially for women who are pregnant.
HIV positive patients and HIV-negative patients are treated in the same way. However, HIV patients may have to continue the treatment for a longer period of time due to the compromised immune system. The patients have to abstain from sexual activity till the completion of the antibiotic dose. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Hlo Dr. I want to confirm about hymen broken. Is it possible if penis enters only half in vagina and without any penetration hymen is broken. I notice that some spots Of blood comes form vagina. When my partner try to again m feel pain and penis is not enters in vagina I am notice some spots of blood. Please Help me there is not any complete intercourse and not any penetration hymen is break completely and what is the cause of blood spots.
The thyroid gland within the body plays an important role in regulating your metabolism among many other functions. This is a butterfly-shaped gland located in your neck and plays an important role within your body. However, a common condition that may afflict it is hypothyroidism or an underactive thyroid gland. It is even more of a problem if you are pregnant as it may affect your baby’s development in the womb. It has also been noticed that pregnancy in itself may cause hypothyroidism.
Symptoms of Hypothyroidism-
Pregnant women may also exhibit symptoms common to other patients who are suffering from hypothyroidism. These may include:
Fatigue along with lethargy.
Mild to significant weight gain.
Feeling cold with severe chills
The thyroid gland produces the T4 hormone responsible for regulating many mechanisms within the body such as metabolism. With hypothyroidism, the production of this hormone decreases or stops altogether. This is important as disruption in the production of the hormone may disrupt the normal development of your baby.
Effects of Hypothyroidism on your baby-
Hypothyroidism during pregnancy can affect your child’s developmental abilities. Many studies in this field have shown that such children tend to have learning difficulties and may even display lower IQ scores during tests. It was noticed that sometimes, hypothyroidism during pregnancy wasn’t diagnosed correctly as the pregnant mother did not show much apparent symptoms. This is also a major issue in the early diagnosis of the problem. Hence, it is absolutely imperative to test for thyroid problems early during pregnancy.
Prevention is the Best Cure-
It is thus very important that mothers be screened properly for thyroid issues even before they are pregnant and while they are pregnant. Some of the medically recommended steps that should be taken are –
Screening before pregnancy as this can help to devise a solution for this condition.
Women with goiter or enlarged thyroid should most certainly be screened.
Women with a family history of hypothyroidism should be screened.
Treatments for Hypothyroidism During Pregnancy-
The doctors may suggest thyroid hormone replacement therapy wherein artificial T4 hormone is introduced into the body. This helps to maintain a constant rate of the thyroid hormone within the body. This can be done even before pregnancy as the developing fetus is completely dependent on the mother for its thyroid hormone until at least 12 weeks when the baby’s body can start producing it on its own. Also, the levels of this hormone should be regularly checked within the body through the TSH or the thyroid stimulating hormone tests to ensure that the levels are at a safe minimum.