Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Shrivang TendulkarYour feedback matters!
I am 18 years old. I want to ask how do I whiten my tooth either by naturally or medical treatments?
My teeth not so white and not yellow. Please suggest me to how can my teeth whitening and brightening.
I am 20 years old and I am suffering from mouth ulcers please give me a remedy as quick as possible.
Hello sir, it it safe to use Listerine Original Mouthwash - 500 ml? I do not have any gum disease can I use this mouthwash. And it also contain alcohol. Please tell me can anyone use this Listerine Original Mouthwash - 500 ml? I am 21 year old boy. Please tell me should I use this or not?
How to free from sudden tooth pains? It pains when drinking water and sleeping and there is a gap between teeth.
My third molar (wisdom teeth) seems to be coming out and the pain is severe. The skin at the end has swollen up like a pimple and the whole jaw & ear on the right are paining severely. Due to Ganesh Nimarjan, no dentists are available. I tried gargling with lukewarm salt water with turmeric but there's no difference. Can anyone suggest me any remedies to decrease the pain or tablets? Urgent suggestions needed plz.
I am having rct from previous week and facing a prob from fewdays that Iis my mouth is notopening to a large extent at which it previously use to open
My son is 9 yrs old and his teeth r not in order, i took very good care when he was getting of his teeth no cavities till.
Hi is there any remedy apart from removal of wisdom teeth. Does wisdom teeth cause pain in jaw line n below the year. N my wisdom teeth grown horizontally. The thing is that am busy with my exam perpetration upto January. Can I postpone it. please give me suggestions.
Hello doctor my self sara I am salini I am 42 year old female and I have gums bleeding problem last five months what should I do.
My teeth gets very sensitive when it connects with cold or normal water.& I can't tolerate the pain.
Removal of teeth is gradually not the first option for a lot of dental issues. However, a large number of dental infections and other causes end in extraction. The front teeth, because of their visibility, are more likely to be replaced. The back teeth often go un-replaced, though they play a higher role in terms of food digestion and function. In many patients, reasons for impaired bite and crooked tooth are traced back to failure to replace a removed tooth. (Learn more to maintain healthy teeth)
Let us look at the some of the issues as a result of not replacing a missing tooth:
- Reduced chewing/digestive efficiency: The back teeth play a significant role in chewing the food and contributing to the initial stage of digestion. The salivary enzymes play a significant role in digestion when the food is chewed and removal of back teeth tends to make people swallow food faster than if good amount of chewing were to happen. Studies show that loss of each posterior tooth (molars especially) reduces tooth efficiency by 10%.
- Malocclusion: A malocclusion happens due to the empty space created, into which 3 teeth are trying to move. The tooth before and after the empty space tend to slowly tilt towards the empty space in between. Also, the opposing upper or lower tooth supra erupts into this space. Each tooth plays a critical role in maintaining the adjacent and opposing tooth in place, which is lost when a tooth is not replaced after removal.
- Bone loss: The tooth also is essential for maintaining healthy bone, and if not replaced, it can lead to accelerated loss of alveolar bone. Good bone support is very essential for construction of dentures, especially in old age, when complete dentures which are almost always removable need to be done. This is true especially in the lower teeth, where denture retention is a big challenge.
- Extra pressure on other teeth: Not replacing a tooth puts additional pressure on the remaining teeth, leading to accelerated bone loss and wearing off of the enamel.
- Esthetics: There will be a sinking in of the face when back teeth are not replaced, leading to a puckering.
So, the next time, tooth loss is inevitable, ensure you plan how to replace it in the earliest possible time period. The more it is delayed, the more difficult it is to replace it and the more expensive it will turn out for the patient. Fixed dentures or removable dentures can be the options, depending on age, food habits, finances, etc. Implants also could be another option, which is the new-age solution for replacing teeth. A detailed discussion with your dentist, ahead of removal will help you plan better. (know more for Nutrition and Dental Health)