Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shriti BhimjianaiYour feedback matters!
I have 4 months baby and breastfeeding my baby boy. As someone told that if we breastfeed then you can loose weight easily. But I m not loosing weight. How to loose my weight by getting enough milk to my baby?
This is for child 4 year old. Studies in Jr. Kg. I feel that my child has difficulty in clarity of speech and speaking in complete sentences. He requires language development. He communicates his needs and is quite good with written work in academics but story telling, language related narration is difficult. Also he communicates only in English. Though he understands our mother tongue Malayalam and Hindi, he communicates back only in English. Is there any way you can help him develop language skills. FYI he was premature 8th month baby, but had all his milestones correctly. His birth weight was 1.8 kg. He is very active and playful child.
My daughter aged 6 years .Since last 3 weeks she has sudden allergy on her body. Red rashes bumped up and itchy. But they vanish soon or sometimes in few hours and skin is back to normal. No rashes or spots after. Has been prescribed antihistamine. Prednisolone steroid. Cepfodixime antibiotics and rantac syrup. But the allergy has been reoccurring since. Some times it's too much and sometimes lesser. Other than these no other symptoms.
My baby is one month old. He is passing motion frequently like one hour once. Sometimes motion is watery? Is it any problem?
My son is passing stools 7-8 times a day especially after eating anything. He is 1.3 years old. I have been giving him walamycin suspension 2.5 ml twice a day. I have started the course. Should I stop it .I want to know for how many days it should be continued. Or you suggest some other medicine.
Few things in life take longer than habits to be inculcated and eventually to die out. Every parent tries in his or her way to teach the child certain healthy habits, those that they wish would be followed long enough to be internalized by them. Certain healthy habits that every child should follow are:
- Include a lot of vegetables in the diet: There is an array of vegetables available in the market, which is replete with rich nutritional values. Though children are generally averse to the idea of eating vegetables, it is your duty to inculcate in them the habit of eating vegetables and constantly remind them of their rich nutritional benefits.
- Never skip breakfast: Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and is often the most ignored. Most children have the propensity to skip breakfast if they are late and generally they are seldom reprimanded by their parents. As a parent, you must make it a point not to take this lightly and severely insist on a healthy breakfast every morning.
- Indulge in physical activities: With the advent and easy access of technology, going out to play in has become a distant reality, one that is never explored. However, it goes without saying that nothing can substitute the physical and mental benefits that a physical activity entails. It not only keeps the body of your child fit but also helps in keeping the mind fresh.
- Read daily: Few things in life can be as rewarding and fulfilling as reading a book. However the habit does not come easy and as a parent it is your responsibility to induce in them this. Try to make your child read a few pages everyday till they take it up themselves out of their volition.
- Drink water and skip the soda: The many flavored sodas, which are available serve as a more palatable alternative to the drab water for the children. Though the choice may seem convenient, it must be snipped off right from the beginning. Sodas are packed with harmful preservatives and should be duly avoided by children. Instead, they must choose the bottle of water to quench the thirst.