Find numerous Physiotherapists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Shreya GhagYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from lower back pain since 3 years and having hypothyroid problem (high tsh). Therefore taking medicine of 2x50 mg of thyroxine since long time.
I have pain in my right venus dimple. By venus dimple I mean the two indentations or small holes which are present near the sacro iliac joint. What could be the reason for it? I have consulted a physio and he is telling that I have anterior pelvic tilt on the right side. Can someone please explain properly to me the entire thing in detail?
I am 17 years old. And my right leg upper back is paining from 1 week and it pains a little only when I walk.
I have always back pain by this I am not able to sit for long time because its start pain how can it can be resolved please suggest me.
My mother is been suffering from severe pain in left upper arm and the back area on the same side. What should be done for that?
Every morning I wake up with the stiff back, it goes away once I take shower and freshen up, but every time I lie down for a quick nap even, my back has a pain. Please help me?
Male 47 years 79-80 kgs on regular morning walk and exercises fr one hr but whenever I climb steps there r crack crack sounds in my right knee. Aftr meeting orthopaedician, I took tendowell tablet twice fr two months but nothing improved. Pl advice.
Head and limbs pain me so much pain that I do and sometimes the whole body is rigid, so all told me that treatment should be erased.
I need a good doctor who can cure heel related problem. I have a severe pain in left heel and am unable to walk freely. Please suggest a specialist who can cure heel problems ?
Dear doctor it is possible prostatitis at the age of 25 due to masturbation I have lower back pain and prostate inflammation. Urine report are normal.
My mom is 50 years old and she has frequent knee and leg pain . What is the reason for it and is there any cause in climbing stairs? Tell me some tips to recover soon.
Mere ghutne k neeche pindli main bahut dard rehta hai or standing and sitting main bahut dard hota hai kai baar khada bhi nahi hua jata.kya kare?
Hello doctor I am 54 year old man I have bones and points pain problem last one year what should I do please tell me doctor.
Sciatica pain arises from the sciatic nerve which is the single largest nerve in our body. It consists of individual nerve roots, which branching out from the lower back of the spine to the back of each leg and combining together forms the sciatic nerve. The origination of the sciatic pain lies in the lower back of the body and radiates down the buttock to the sciatic nerve.
Causes of the sciatica pain
- Arthritis: If an individual is diagnosed with arthritis, then he or she can expect a throbbing pain or numbness down till the leg.
- Herniated disc: Another cause could be a herniated disc in the lower back of the body.
- Spondylosis: Spondylosis in the lower back would also be a reason for the development of the sciatica pain.
- PIVD/DISC bulge
Other causes are a spinal injury, diseased degenerative disc, infection on and around the lower back. The pain would worsen, if an individual is in an occupation where he or she has to stand or sit for hours at length. The lifting of heavy things would strain the sciatic nerves as well.
How to identify sciatica pain?
Sciatica pain varies from infrequent to a constant throbbing down the lower back. So initially it is difficult to detect whether it is sciatic pain or not. But when the constant pain in the lower back leads right down till the toes and foot, it is really time for an individual to get in touch with a doctor. The pain can give a burning sensation almost searing making it difficult for the person to stand up or walk properly. Along with the pain, one can feel fatigued. An involvement of the spinal cord is rare in the sciatic pain but is possible.
Treatment for sciatica pain
Sciatica can be treated in both surgical and non-surgical way. Surgical treatment is rare as sciatica tends to respond well with non-surgical treatments. If the pain continues for over a month despite treatment, surgical treatment will be considered. The non-surgical pain treatment would include physical exercises and oral medications along with natural treatment.
- Medications: Painkiller medications prescribed by the doctor can be used to reduce sciatica. Medicines like aspirin, non-steroidal or oral steroids can help reduce the pain.
- Steroid injection: Epidural steroid injection acts faster as it is injected in the affected area, thus providing relief from the pain quickly.
- Exercise: Early morning exercises can be quite helpful.
- Percutaneous Endoscopic Discectomy: The surgical treatment of Percutaneous endoscopic disc dissectomy constitutes a large part of interventional pain physicians and it has evolved considerably in terms of surgical technique and instrumentation. Percutaneous endoscopic discectomy is a relatively new technique for removing lumbar disc herniation. It involves using an endoscope to visualize the disc removal. The discectomy is performed through a posterolateral approach using specially developed instruments. The advantage of percutaneous endoscopic discectomy is that the disc is approached posterolaterally through the triangle of Kambin without the need for bone or facet resection thus preserving spinal stability. The procedure is day care and is done under local anaesthesia.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!