Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shreelata Gupta
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shreelata GuptaYour feedback matters!
I am 31 year female I am suffering with problem of whole body joints pain and intolerable headache after every meal I feeling tide after less workout and also upset periods please advice me.
STDs or STIs are usually transmitted from one person to another through body fluids while being in a physical relationship. Herpes, Chlamydia, HIV and gonorrhea are some of the common STDs you may be susceptible to. These diseases are extremely unpleasant and usually cause long term health issues. Sometimes they might even be fatal. Here are a few ways you could use to prevent yourself from getting affected with STDs:
- Abstinence: The best and most certain way of preventing STDs is practicing abstinence. Although abstinence from any type of sexual activities including oral, vaginal or anal sex is a surefire method of prevention, it is not a very realistic method to do so. If you don't want to practice abstinence, make sure you educate yourself about other prevention methods.
- Single partner: Practicing monogamy in terms of sex is the safest kind of sexual activity. Make sure both you and your partner get tested for any STD. If you and your partner are not suffering from any STD and you both agree to practice monogamy with each other, then you automatically cut down on the risk of suffering from STDs.
- Talk: Talk to your sexual partner about his/her sexual health. Inform him/her about yours as well. Avoid having sex with someone who does not inform you with his or her sexual health information.
- Avoid taking drugs or alcohol: Try not to get drunk or take drugs before having sex. They reduce inhibitions which actually tend to make you reckless. You tend to become more adventurous and do not keep the sexual hygiene in mind at that time. Using a condom in the influence of alcohol and drugs can also result in a condom failure. Be sober enough before you have sex.
- Do not indulge with a person with symptoms: If someone shows symptoms of suffering from any kind of STD, do not indulge in any sexual activity with him or her. Refrain from having sex with him or her until he or she is treated by a doctor.
- Take precaution: Use different forms of protection while having sex to prevent pregnancy as well as STDs. But you have to realize the fact that these forms of protection are not full proof and always have a slight percentage of risk embedded in them.
Be extremely careful before you indulge in any type of sexual activity with anyone. After all, your health is in your hands.
Fasting has some super beneficial effects on health. Of late it has become increasingly popular among the health-conscious community. Even dietician and health practitioners have started recommending fasting once a week for the overall good health and well-being. Here is an article that will run through some major health benefits of fasting:
- Fasting helps in weight loss: Many studies have proved that fasting is the safest way to burn calories. It is more effective compared to plain dieting. Fasting helps the body to effectively use the fat cells. Even athletes these days are recommended to fast for a day to keep up the shape of the body.
- Insulin sensitivity: As per a study published in the FlemmingDela Journal of Applied Physiology, fasting has a very affirmative effect on the insulin sensitivity of the body. Insulin becomes more alert and can effectively communicate the cells to exchange glucose from the blood.
- Ramp up metabolism: Fasting occasionally can rest the digestive system. It helps the metabolism to get energized that helps to burn the calories effectively. For people who has a problem with digestion, fasting once a week can pay rich dividends to improve metabolism. Fasting also aids bowel function.
- Fasting improves longevity: Absurd as it may sound, studies conducted by the University of Tokyo have shown that fasting has a direct co-relation with longevity. The study had shown that one of the reasons people age is due to a slower metabolism. Fasting helps a person to maintain an agile metabolism. Fasting once a week can increase the lifespan of a person.
- Fasting enhances hunger: Fasting can effectively manage the hormones of the body. The smooth flow of the hormone helps a person feel true hunger. This is especially true for the obese patients. They do not get the correct signal of hunger. Longer the duration of fasting better are the chances of the hormone sending the correct hunger signals to the neurons. Fasting half a day, twice a week can do a world of good to an individual.
- Improves eating pattern: People suffering from binge eating disorders, find it hard to establish the eating pattern due to work priorities. There is a major chunk of people who do not eat anything till the sunset because of work pressure. They tend to eat quite a lot from evening onwards. This is a dangerous eating pattern. It can result in indigestion, putting on weight etc. Fasting once in a week can greatly help this lot to get their appetite back in the day time.
Fasting can clear the acne: Fasting can greatly assist in clearing acne. This is possible since the body gets freed from the work of digestion and can focus on regenerating the energy to all part of the skin.
What is d meaning of n. T scan and why. Our doctor not recommend the N.T scan. Is it ok. Please help me sir or madam.
Did you know your health could depend on how clean your fridge is? The person's fridge can be the marker of his good health or his bad health. Most of the times, people neglect cleaning their fridge or just randomly stock up their fridge without organizing the food in correct compartments. An unclean refrigerator can contribute to spoilage of food and drinks due to an unhygienic environment.
The following measures can make you healthy:
- Temperature Control: Make sure you control the temperature of your refrigerator from time to time according to the storage requirements of the foods. Lack of temperature control can make your fridge a breeding ground for harmful bacteria and viruses. Milk products and meat have certain storage requirements therefore, temperature control is recommended to prevent spoilage and allows you to use food in the proportion required and store the rest.
- Organization of Foods: Storing the foods in correct compartments can actually keep them fresh for a long time. It is wise to organize the storage of your foods in a way so that the ones which are highly perishable are kept in the coldest area. Keep milk products, vegetables and poultry in separate places to avoid food spills. Make sure you store the foods in proper containers so that they don't drip and mix with other food.
- Prevent Growth of Bacteria: Cleaning your fridge is of vital importance to prevent the growth of bacteria or any other virus. An unclean refrigerator can induce growth of parasites thereby increasing the risk of food poisoning and other problems. Fermentation or frequent curdling of milk products can be a sign of an unclean fridge. Make sure you clean your fridge regularly to avoid contamination of your food.
- Get Rid of Expired or Rotten Food: Cleaning the refrigerator on a regular basis can help you get rid of expired foods and rotten vegetables. It often happens that food gets spoilt inside the fridge due to lack of temperature control, improper storage or simply because it was left inside for a long time. It is best to check the contents of your fridge routinely and get rid of any food which gives out a stink or has changed color in ordered to keep the other foods in good condition.
The above points will ensure you eat more healthy and in turn, will result in a better overall health!
Related Tip: "Why Cleaning Your Fridge Will Make You Healthy"