Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Shreelata GuptaYour feedback matters!
She is my wife we had sex after marriage first time she has pain in her vagina what medicine should I provide her any ointment for relocation.
Hello doc. Firstly I have irregular periods. I had missed my periods last month ie in July n in this month I had got it on 9th n got over on 13th. On 16th I had an unprotected intercourse thus took a pill on same day. The problem is ,now again I have got my period. Ie twice in a month. My periods r preponed by 15 days. Why is it so? I'm unable to understand anything. Is it that I'm pregnant or my periods cycle got messed up cos of the contraceptive pill?
Recently I got married ,we are trying to conceive from three but it's not working, getting white discharge is there any problem?
Hi. I am 24 years old. Ever since I got my 1st period (I.e at the age of 14). My periods wer irregular. I would hardly get them monthly. The problem persisted for years. Last year I took up yoga, brisk walking and had a very healthy diet free of junk and sugar and white rice. I lost weight considerably, Became flexible and my periods became very regular. It would not even get delayed by a day also. I had a blood test in Aug 2015 that showed negative thyroid. And a scan in Sept 2015 that showed polycystic appearing ovaries (I dint do any further testing or treatments for this ). And from Dec 2015 for almost 9 months my periods wer regular but they became very scanty. Lasting only 3 days instead of 5 with light bleeding. Now due my busy schedule I stopped yoga walking and can not really focus on good diet since last 2 months and I haven't got my period since 2 months. I went to a gynecologist she said this is Pcos and once I start with my healthy lifestyle again and lose 5 more kgs it ll help me a lot. Along with this since a Month I have the following problems. 1. Lower back pain not very severe though 2. Vaginal dryness and itching. There is no lubrication or discharge. 3. Mild acne on forehead I will again visit a gyno and get detailed tests done and will restore my food habits and start with yoga asap again. But I have question that is really bothering me. I just badly need an answer to this. I read about pre-menopause and pre mature ovarian failure on the net. The symptoms are totally same! I asked a classmate about this and she said its true bcuz her mother got menopause at 39. I am very scared. Is this true? Do I have menopause? The other day I felt some kind of warmth in my upper back and I sweat a bit from palms n feet is this hot flash? Or is it my psychology becoz I have been obsessing abt menopause ever since I read all that. I know only tests can confirm all this and only then a doctor can give an opinion but just based on your experience is it possible to have menopause at 24? I don't drink smoke other wise healthy not sexually active If a doc could confirm on this I 'll really be relived. Thank you.
We all heard some where that fiber is good for health and one should eat food which is rich in fiber. But how fiber help us to live healthy?
1 fibers form bulk of stool so it help in regulation of bowl movement. So help in constipation.
2 it gives us satiety value. Means high fiber food is not easy to digest, by eating small amout your hunger get satisfied and you will not become immediately hungry. So overall you eat less. Which help to maintain your body weight
3 it is also help in absorption of nutrients
4 it reduces post prandial plasma glusose and increase tissue insulin sensitivity. Which is very helpful in diabetes.
Food rich in fibers are
Whole wheat product, bajara, ragi, maize, green leafy vegetables, fruits with skin, seed
Also oats, whole pulses, isabgol, whole grain are rich source of fiber.
I had intercourse first time on sept 5 and I was having periods on that day and then on sept 19 again I had intercourse and now its oct 6 I didn't have perdz. Does sex delay the periods a bit? Please help me out.
My girl friend and me had participated in sex on 26/06/16 even tough we used condom but at one point just two time I just inserted without condom, her before period date was 10/05/2016 am afraiding that she will become pregnant now am making her to tensed too as the date was arriving I made her to eat three papaya Fruits in this time and will papaya will obert her in case if she did not get periods what should we do.
Hi, I am 17 weeks pregnant and I got some pinching like pain in left side near by lower abdomen. Shall I know the reason. I am worrying about this.
My periods get delayed because of doing yoga-maharasanam before doing yoga my periods is regular after doing yoga only my periods get delayed what should I do.
Hello Doctor, I am 28 weeks pregnant now. Yesterday I had a scan and after which doctor told that baby's AC is little lower. It is around 236 mm. She told that it is because of baby not getting enough nutrition and she prescribed to drink HERMIN ORAL (1 sachet everyday in one glass of water) until I go for next check up (15 days). When I google about HERMIN ORAL I read that it is not safe to use during pregnancy and it has got side effects too. Please clarify me if I shall drink HERMIN ORAL at this time.
Respected mam. My age is 26 married 2 years ago planning for kids since 8 months. Periods are irregular since 4 months. I went for tvs bt intolerable it did not go inside. Tight introitus. My husbands semen count is 12 million. We lost all d hopes and we are in severe depression what should we do now? Please do needful for us. thanks all fr giving wonderful advices.
Is it safe after taking i-pills at age 18? Me and my partner had sex. And periods finished before 1 day. And he is 21. We are not sure that sperm goes in or not. I take i-pills for our peace. Is taht safe for me?
Hie, I got married in may 2016. Till date you can't conceive. Doctor said that your follicle size is bigger and we need only 10 mm both side. And we did all tests and doctor gave us diana medicine for 3 months+ sum other medicine ,now a days when we intimate and I got blood clots in the morning.
Sir/ Madam, I am 30 years old. My menses period is lagging two weeks for every months. This is happening for last 4 months. Why this happens? I have two children and stopped the pregnancy.
A birth control pill is commonly referred to as an oral contraceptive pill. A form of hormonal contraception and is a highly effective method of birth control. Only 1% of women experience unintended pregnancy when on the pill.
Birth control pills are of two types i.e combination pills and mini pills. Combination pills contain synthetic forms of the two hormones called oestrogen and progesterone. The mini pill only contains the hormone progesterone and is called progestin.
However, the pill does have some side effects to it. These include the following:
- Intermenstrual spotting: Within the first three months of starting the pill, women experience vaginal bleeding between the two period cycles.
- Nausea: Although the symptoms subside after some time, some women till experience nausea for a while after taking the pill. If one consumes the pill with food or before going to bed, this can help lower the likelihood of feeling nauseous.
- Breast tenderness: The breasts might feel tender and enlarged after taking the pill. However, anyone who finds a lump in the breast or feels continuous pain needs to seek medical help.
- Headaches: Migraines and headaches are a very common phenomenon of the birth control pill. Different types and doses of these pills may result in different headache symptoms.
- Gaining weight: Experiencing certain fluid retention in the hip or breast area is very common. It also affects the fat cells of the body because of the oestrogen present in the pills.
- Mood swings: Those with a history of stress or depression might start to feel the same again. If one has that kind of a history and starts to feel emotional changes, she should consult a doctor immediately.
- Missing periods: It is a common side effect that after using the pill, one's period might get skipped. This is influenced by several factors including stress, depression or thyroid dysfunctions.
- Decreased libido: The sex drive can be widely affected by the birth control pill. Although many other factors could result in a decreased libido, but if it remains after having the pill and is persistent, one should seek medical help or consult a specialist.
- Vaginal discharge: There could be an increase or a decrease in the vaginal lubrication. Some people might experience vaginal discharge since it is very common. Changes in vaginal discharge never turn out to be harmful.
- Changes in the vision: Fluid retention due to the birth control pill can result in the swelling of corneas. Because of this, even contact lenses do not fit comfortably. Contact lens wearers should consult an ophthalmologist if their vision or lens tolerance is disturbed.
Although there are certain side effects to taking birth control pills; however, one should not abstain from taking them in the fear that they might cause certain side effects. These pills are a precautionary measure along with other protection methods and should be taken in case someone wants to avoid pregnancy at the time being.