Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dentists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Partial Dentures Treatment
Dental Bleaching Procedure
Cleaning Tartar Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Smile Makeover Procedures
Invisible Braces Treatment
Preventive Dentistry Procedure
Laser Depigmentation Treatment
Amalgam Removal Procedure
Mouth Guards Fitting
Damon System Treatment
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ShraddhaYour feedback matters!
My sister has bleeding from the tooth for the past two and a half months. She cleaned her mouth once. She is using chlorhexidine mouth wash. We took an opg, the report is normal. We took blood tests (bt-3min 15sec, ct-6min 45sec, platelet count-1.60, haemoglobin-12.1, blood sugar-91) everything came normal. But till bleeding continues. What we have to do now? is there any reason for this bleeding from teeth? please answer me thanks.
Hello, I am 34 years old male and I have a dry mouth for last 4 months. When I drink water after 30 minute I need to water. What should I do?
I have a problem with my mouth. Whenever I am brushing my teeth blood is coming. Can you give me any suggestion for this.
My Friend is suffering from toothache, when he take some cold items severe pain occur in his teeth? Advice what he should do?
I am suffering from ulcers in my mouth day by day. I tried many vitamin tablets and remedies the physician recommended for me, but still there is no change. Due to this I am not able to eat food also. What should I do to get rid of these?
I have started to drink warm water with turmeric powder before brush at morning from 4 to 5 days ago but I am getting digestion problems, is it really beneficial to do that because read it on net then I started doing it, previously my digestion was good so shall I continue doing that or follow my previous routine?
My small brother have cavities in his teeth I was gone to many doctor BT didn't get solution for his teeth . So you please tell. What should I do ?
Bad breath, also known as halitosis, can occur due to a multitude of reasons and is quite disconcerting. Chewing gum, using breath mints and mouthwash are just temporary solutions as they do not address the problem. Read on more to find all about the different causes, symptoms of bad breath and also about their prevention.
- Food: If food particles, which are stuck in and around your teeth start decaying, they promote bacterial growth, which causes a foul odor in the mouth. Eating certain foods, such as spices, onion and garlic also cause foul odor.
- Tobacco products: Smoking and chewing tobacco not only causes gum disease, but also causes a foul odor to be present, thus causing bad breath.
- Poor dental hygiene: If you do not brush daily, food particles in your mouth get stuck in your mouth between the teeth in particular, which decay and cause bad breath. A form of bacteria known as plaque forms over the teeth, which over time decays teeth and also causes foul breath.
- Dry mouth: A medical condition known as dry mouth, also known as xerostomia can contribute to bad breath as in this condition; the amount saliva produced from the salivary glands is reduced. This results in the growth of bacteria, which causes bad breath.
- Medications: Some medications can cause foul breath in an indirect manner as they cause dry mouth as a side effect, which in turn causes bad breath. Other medications break down in your body and the chemicals, which the medicine contains can be carried on your breath.
Dentists would usually rate the odor from your mouth either by smelling or by using certain sophisticated odor detectors. The back of the tongue is often the source of smell and the dentist is also likely to scrape the region and rate its odor.
- Maintaining oral hygiene: If the bad breath is due to the formation of plaque, brushing and flossing on a regular basis will prevent its growth, thus reducing or eliminating bad breath. Using mouthwashes also kills bacteria, hence eliminating the bad breath causing bacteria from your mouth.
- Treatment of dental disease: Gum disease can also cause bad breath as in this disease, the gums pull away from the teeth, which gives scope for bacterial growth causing bad breath. Treating gum disease, thus would also eliminate the scope for bacterial growth and eliminate bad breath at the same time.