Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shilpa
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ShilpaYour feedback matters!
I am a 25 years old female. And the last time I got periods was 16th of march. Since then I haven't got periods. I took the pregnancy test twice but it was negative both the times. Then I consulted a gyno, who gave me some medicines and an injection and told to avoid having fast food and colddrink. I have taken the medicines but still I have not got my periods. What should I do now?
We had sex just after the periods ended of my wife. After 3-4 days. We had sex on dats on 27th of feb. Now she is bleeding which is not normal period bleeding. Blood flow rate is too high. Also having abdomen pain. Is dis any sign of pregnancy? She has polycystic ovary.
Is there any change of pregnancy post withdrawal bleeding (bleed just 1 day) after having contraceptive pill.
I am 22 year old female. having physical relation with my partner last month on 4th and Periods delayed by 8 days. Is there any chance of pregnancy. No other symptoms of pregnancy. If yes. Then how can I abort this easily.
I am girl 21 years old my nipples got cut from one side during rough foreplay its been since 1 week I am very tensed I fear my nipples will fall and its paining a lot some rough skin came over it and again it broke it seems it will not join please help me I am very tensed.
Monsoon is happily welcomed by one and all after a hot summer. But the immunity of the body is reduced in this season as it makes our body defenseless to a lot of diseases that are generally associated with the monsoon season. The temperature at a place goes down when it rains, but it brings along uninvited mosquitoes. Hence, our body immunity must be boosted so that it becomes resistant to any disease. The most prevalent diseases that occur due to a mosquito bite are dengue, malaria, brain fever and filaria.
Methods to treat mosquito bites in monsoon: Water stagnation is caused due to rain and the stagnated water acts as an excellent breeding ground for mosquitoes. Even any pond with still water can produce mosquitoes easily in just 4 days. Mosquito coils and repellents are not that very effective, and they cannot captivate these invaders totally. It is best to make use of home remedies that are helpful as well as harmless than using mosquito repellants that contain chemicals in them.
Effective and simple remedies to treat mosquito bites:
The after effects of a mosquito bites are not only annoying, but also very harmful and it is better that mosquito bites are treated by use of home remedies:
- The most effective anti-itch remedy that can be used to treat a mosquito bite is the use of Ammonia. The acidity or the pH of the skin is changed and ammonia is known to oppose chemical reactions that cause the itching. Dry cotton can be moistened by use of Ammonia and applied to the affected area.
- The other effective method that can be used to treat a mosquito bite is rubbing alcohol on the affected area. Alcohol cures the itch and is even known to minimize the swelling. Alcohol can be poured directly on the affected area or can be applied with cotton.
- Hydrogen Peroxide is an excellent antiseptic that is used to prevent any infection caused due to mosquito bites. It is very important that Hydrogen Peroxide is applied in the right way to reduce the swelling and redness. It is an effective remedy that can be used for kids as well.
- Soap can also be applied on the affected area to provide relief and in case of any irritation, it is better to wash off the area with water immediately.
- To minimize the discomfort caused due to a mosquito bite, toothpaste can be applied to that area. Toothpaste that contains menthol, peppermint as well as baking soda is good for treating a mosquito bite.
There are many other such products that are readily available at home and that can be used to treat mosquito bites like garlic, table salt, ketchup, garlic and cocktail sauce.
Hi, I am 34 years old female 38 weeks pregnant as on date. My due date is 8th March 2016 and my first day of last menstruation period is 2nd June 2015. I'd like to understand that my pregnancy was formed only after the 2nd June 2015. Is this correct?
Disregarding genital tract infections and issues including the symptoms of the same can lead to problems when it comes to fertility. It may also cause problems in your sexual life. Genital problems can also lead to infertility. These days, infertility is a noteworthy and very important occurrence that plagues many couples.
Common Infections: A large portion of these genital tract diseases occurs because of infections. Salpingitis happens in close to 15% of ladies in their reproductive age and 2.5% of all ladies get to be infertile as an aftereffect of salpingitis by age 35. Many times, symptoms of conditions and STDs like Chlamydia trachomatis are usually nonexistent. The real rate of ladies with upper genital tract infections is presumably underestimated.
Infection and Infertility: Infectious agents can hinder different vital human functions, including reproduction. Bacteria, fungi, infections and viruses can meddle with the reproductive capacity in both genders. Diseases of male genito-urinary tract represent around 15% of the instance of male infertility. Diseases can influence distinctive areas of the male regenerative tract, for example, the testis, epididymis and male sex organs and glands. Urogenital diseases at various levels of their advancement, development and transport can affect the sperms themselves in this manner. Among the most widely recognized microorganisms required for sexually transmitted diseases, meddling with male fertility are Chlamydia trachomatis and Neisseria gonorrhea.
Symptoms: If the following symptoms of a genital tract infection are ignored, it can definitely lead to the person being infertile in some stage of life or immediately. These are as follows:
The signs and symptoms in males are
- Changes in the way you discharge
- Bleeding while urinating or discharge
- Thick white, yellow or green release from the tip of the penis along with pain in urethra or pain while urinating
- A hard but painless sore on the penis along with swelling of the lymph hubs in the crotch
- Pain or uneasiness while urinating or discharge from the urethra
- Difficult or irritated red spots and small blisters on the penis
- Chestnut bits on the hair around the penis
- Gentle delicacy around one of the testicles
- Delicate swelling in the scrotum on one or both sides
- Extreme pain after injury to your penis
The signs and symptoms in women are as follows:
- Irregular vaginal discharge with a pungent smell
- Burning sensation while urinating
- Tingling or itching in the outer area of vagina
- Uneasiness and pain during sex
- Sore vagina
- Foamy greenish-yellow discharge with a foul smell
- Light bleeding after intercourse
- Warts in the vagina
Regular check-ups and visits to the gynecologist are very essential. One should always keep the partner updated about their sexual health problems to practice a healthy and honest relationship and to avoid further contagious infections from occurring.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!