Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
I am 3 month pregnant hb is 12.40 I am jst taking folic acid do I need to take any other medication for wellness?
If a person having unprotected sex. And after 6-7 hours his partner have periods. Then how much there be a chance of being pregnant?
My follicle not rupture, I am trying last two year, my age 33, but not get pregnant what should I do. My another reports are normal.
Choose your white foods carefully
- Avoid white rice, bread, pasta. These refined foods promote weight gain as they are digested quickly and cause your blood-sugar and insulin levels to spike.
- Making the switch to wholesome wholegrain varieties will help you maintain a healthy weight and keep you full for longer, as they are rich in fibre and help keep your blood-sugar levels balanced.
- Includes whole grain choices like whole oats, quinoa, brown rice, daliya, buckwheat, whole grain pasta and grainy bread add in your main meal.
Drink 2-3 litres of water a day
We often forget to keep our water intake up during winter, yet it is important to drink plenty of water all year round for good health. Don't forget air conditioning and heaters can be very dehydrating.
Try to drink at least two litres a day. Herbal teas count too.
There are many wonderful health-promoting teas to choose from such as ginger (great for improving circulation), green (a powerful antioxidant and can help promote weight loss), and chamomile (helps calm your nerves).
Eat protein with every meal
- One of the best ways to maintain a healthy weight is to eat good-quality, low-fat protein at each meal.
- Protein foods have a low gi and help to stabilise blood-sugar levels, which in turn will help curb sugar cravings and prevent you snacking on sugary carbohydrate foods.
- A good guide is to keep protein servings to the size and thickness of your palm. Some healthy protein choices include nuts, seeds, legumes (and legume-based foods such as hummus), egg white, fish, lean meat, chicken, low-fat dairy and soy products.
- Protein foods also help to create a feeling of fullness, preventing you from overeating.
Fill half your plate with fruit and veg salad
- At least half of your diet should be made up of fresh fruit and vegetables (including legumes).
- Fruit and vegetables are an excellent source of important vitamins and minerals including vitamins a and c, folate, iron and calcium.
- Purple, red and orange varieties are particularly high in potent health-promoting antioxidants.
- However, if you are watching your waistline, don't overdo higher-gi veggies such as potato, sweet potato and pumpkin.
- Aim to have about three pieces of fruit a day. Try adding fruit to your porridge, and make stewed fruit have with muesli or natural yoghurt in the morning.
Start your dinner with soup
- Have a small bowl of low-calorie mix veg soup before your main meal to help manage your weight.
- Doing this is not only a great way to increase your vegetable intake, it can help reduce the amount of food and calories you consume in a meal.
- To save time, make a healthy vegetable-based soup at the beginning of the week and freeze portions.
- Don't forget to add immune-boosting ingredients such as garlic, ginger, onion and miso to help protect yourself from colds and flu.
Hi doctor, I underwent my iui on 9th of march and today is my 13th day after iui. I got few drops of blood when I urinated. Is that normal or does it says that my iui didn't work. Please advise. Thanks
Ginger juice. 1 cup
Garlic juice 1 cup
Apple cider vinegar 1 cup
Lemon juice 1 cup
Take a pan and mix all juices in it. Boiled it until it remains 1 cup. Now enjoy this drink daily early morning empty stomach 1 teaspoon with honey. After 2 months you will see removal of stone.
The ovaries are the egg producing organs, an essential part of the female reproductive system, they are responsible for the production of estrogen and release an egg every month. If the egg is fertilized with a sperm it can result in a pregnancy.
Ovarian cysts are quite common among women. Ovarian cysts are known to be small sacs filled with fluid that are situated in the ovaries.
Causes of ovarian cysts: Among ovarian cysts, the most common one is called the 'functional cyst'. This type of cyst is generally formed during the process of ovulation, wherein either the eggs do not successfully release from the sac or the sac (follicle) fails to disintegrate properly after the release of the egg.
Certain factors that can cause ovarian cysts are:
- Age that is ovarian cysts are more likely to occur in women who have reached menopause
- Being overweight or obese
- Consumption of fertility drugs
- Hormone replacement therapy
- Family history of ovarian cysts and cancer
- Early menstruation, that is, the onset of the period before the age of 11
Symptoms related to ovarian cysts: Generally, ovarian cysts show no specific symptoms and are generally located during a physical examination or an ultrasound. But, in case you suffer from large cysts or those that have ruptured, you may experience certain signs like:
- Pain while having sex. Great discomfort may be felt, particularly when deep penetration is attempted.
- Pain in the lower abdominal and pelvic region. This pain may be intermittent or persistent. It can also vary from being mild to quite sharp.
- Irregularity in the menstrual cycle.
- An uncomfortable pressure in the lower abdominal and pelvic area.
- Acute pain in the pelvic area and the lower back all throughout the menstrual period.
- Pain in the pelvic area after a session of vigorous exercise or strenuous physical activity.
- A feeling of discomfort or pain while urinating or during bowel movements.
- Nausea, followed by vomiting.
- Pain in the vaginal area, or light bleeding.
- Problems with healthy bowel movements.
My wife delivered a male baby by surgery two months ago please suggest food habits for her what to not eat and what to eat .
Hi, My friend took ipill for the first time and she is 24, will it have adverse effects even though she was not pregnant n she took I pill.
Respected Doctors. MY wife age 29 years we have 2 sons and I am 45 years old. Today morning after sexual intercourse MY wife found little pain inside vagina few hours. I want to know why this kind of problem happened? Please help.
I had unprotected sex 3 days before my periods n consumed I pill within 24 hrs. My periods are 10 days late please suggest what to do.
Hi sir, my mother is suffering from some uterus problems . After some days later she fall ill and cure . The next day she feels tumors like something in her stomach and their is pain in her stomach where there are tumors please doctor suggest me what should I do!
I have white discharge problem without consulting doctor shall I use clindamycin cream and or else other prescription given to others.
Me had sex with my bf 6 oct and took ipill with in 1 hr. Den 12 oct I was heaving bleeding. Nd. On 17 oct it stopped. I wana knw I am pregnant? (nd. Is dis bleed was my new menes cycle?) or I will bleed once again?
Sometimes, my answer is "Yes" - after all, our thyroid hormones play a huge role in regulating our metabolism and how we use nutrients.
And research shows that even small changes to the thyroid function can cause weight gain. In fact, many women who have been told their thyroid test results are "normal" may still have a reduced thyroid function (subclinical hypothyroidism) that's enough to cause weight gain and other bothersome symptoms.
At the clinic, I work with women suffering from a wide range of thyroid issues from those just starting to suspect they have a thyroid problem to those already taking medication. And I tell each and every one of them how they can benefit from natural thyroid support and a holistic approach that considers thyroid function as part of overall hormonal balance.
The thyroid and unexpected weight gain: an early signal - Unexpected weight gain and difficulty losing weight may be one of the first noticeable signals that you're struggling with hypothyroidism (a sluggish thyroid) or subclinical hypothyroidism. Many women tell me about their frustration with gaining five pounds every year and not being able to figure out why!
Reduced thyroid function may be the result of the thyroid's impaired ability to produce hormones, or the body may have difficulty using the thyroid hormones. Either way, problems with your thyroid hormones may cause the rate at which you use nutrients (your metabolic rate) to slow down.
We are especially prone to thyroid issues and weight gain as women because the thyroid is linked to other systems that affect weight including the proper functioning of our neurotransmitters, reproductive hormones, and adrenal glands.
Thyroid issues affect women of all ages - While we see women of all ages with thyroid issues, there are times in your life when your hormones fluctuate more and when the development of thyroid issues may be even more likely.
If you have any questions related to thyroid, ask me by clicking on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.