Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shila DeriyaYour feedback matters!
Doctor my husband is asking me for anal sex but I'm afraid what to do how to overcome pain is there any lubrication we have tried once because of pain I didn't allow him how to do it.
Decline in muscle strength and flexibility, slower balance reflexes and some vision problems are some of the prevalent causes of falling down amongst elders.
Being at the peak of optimal health should be the goal of every individual. As the saying goes, 'Health is Wealth'. Certain food items will help you to reach the pinnacle of health if they are consumed regularly. These foods will not only keep you healthy and fit, but will also help the body to function properly with the nutrients it receives from them.
Given below is a list of foods that you should be eating for optimal health:
- Garlic: Garlic contains a compound called "allicillin", which is the major component to make garlic a healthy food item. Garlic is very effective to cure common colds and flu. Garlic also helps reduce high blood pressure. It reduces bad cholesterol and improves good cholesterol levels in the blood. Garlic also helps to detoxify your body. Treating osteoarthritis is another great benefit of eating garlic.
- Yogurt: Yogurt contains probiotics, which control bacterial growth which is harmful to your body. It also provides your body with calcium.
- Broccoli: Broccoli contains sulphur, which makes this green vegetable a cancer fighter. It contains sulforaphane which gives it this property.
- Oats: Oats help to control blood pressure and cholesterol level in the blood. They are also a great source of fibre for the body. Oats help keep your heart healthy.
- Beets: Beets are a rich source of multivitamins. They help to lower blood pressure and also lower the risk of any cardiovascular disease. Beets also help detoxify the body.
- Cabbage: Cabbage helps reduce the risk of having cancer. It also prevents heart diseases, gastrointestinal problems and Alzheimer's disease. Cabbage is loaded with vitamin A, vitamin C and vitamin K, which help it prevent osteoarthritis.
- Fish: Fish helps to control blood pressure. Fish oil can help slow down mental aging. The Omega-3 fatty acids present in fish are very important sources of protein.
- Eggs: Eggs are rich sources of proteins. They aid in the bodybuilding process and the repair and maintenance of the body.
- Spinach: Spinach is a rich source of antioxidants, calcium, vitamin A, vitamin K, and Omega-3 fatty acids. It helps fight cancer, and also detoxifies the body.
- Tomatoes: The vitamins and phytonutrients in tomatoes make them such a healthy food option which keeps cancer and heart diseases at bay.
Related Tip: "6 Foods That Help You Lose Weight"
I am 20 years old, female, I had sex with my fiancé and as the condom broke I had to take contraceptive pill and I got my periods on the same day and it's been 10 days and it's continuing even now with heavy bleeding. What should I do?
Hello I got pregnancy check by blood and my result is < 1.20 what does this mean! Some says its negative that I am not pregnant! But then also i'm not getting my periods! And I even got pregnancy check by urine dat was negative as well.
M worried about my periods that whether it will b on time or not please suggest me something if my periods will be late.
Last time my periods came early 16th April 2016 because I took I pill. My period cycle is 25 nd 26 but this time my periods are not coming what should I do please Dr. Suggest me.
I am 25 years old, I am a virgin but few days back my partner kind of touched his penis on my vagina but he did not ejaculate nor we had any sex. Now my periods are delayed from about 8 days and there is no vaginal discharge also. I tested pregnancy at home but it came negative .Usually my periods are very regular so what can be the reason for this delay.
Hello Doc. Im 23 and earlier I had irregular periods so my gums said there might be some hormonal imbalance and said me to take Estranon tabs. For about 6 Months. Now its been 3 months i've been using them and my periods became regular (since I use tabs.) nd the cycle length is 28 days. So recently I had an INCOMPLETE SEX on 19th day from my period date (as 8 to 20 unsafe days) nd had UNSAFE SEX with my boyfriend. Now, 1. Will my periods come in time this month? 2. Will this tab. Estranon prevents from pregnancy? 3. I do not know whether my bf had masturbation before the Sex but he had pee before the sex. And even I urinated after our Incomplete Sex. 4. Are there any chances of getting pregnancy now? please reply.
Other than using ovulation kit for ladies to get fertile period. Is there any way to identify from her body sign.
My friend missed her two months period. She checked with the pregnancy kit test twice but it appears negative. What should she do now?
I missed my periods for about 3 days, but still I am feeling pain that is similar to periods. please help me I am pregnant or not.
Hi My fiance wants take Pill to postpone her periods, is there any side effects by taking that pill, and how many Pills she needs to take to postpone the periods? And when she can take this ?can you please suggest me. her last menstrual was 29th ,she wants to postpone her period this month from 23 to 28.
1. Exercise can make you skinny
Not true! If you don't curb your intake, exercise can actually make you more efficient and cause more fat deposition. Exercise is important for maintaining health and strength, but just don't believe the myth that you can lose fat by exercising.
(calories in) - (calories out) = (stable weight)
2. Eating less fat causes weight loss
Another common myth is that low-fat diet causes weight loss. Over 60% of the population is overweight, and about one fifth of the entire population is either diabetic or pre-diabetic! Low-fat diets don't lower body fat.
3. Low thyroid causes weight gain
People who still believe that they are overweight because of a 'thyroid problem', should reconsider that notion. Multiple studies on the effects of thyroid on weight have failed to find a connection and yet the myth persists. There are many medical doctors and other practitioners that perpetuate this myth, telling people, 'It's not your fault, it's your thyroid'. They are then given thyroid hormones to take, but don't lose weight.
4. Diet pills help you lose weight
All of the studies done on diet pills show a short-term loss of weight with a long-term gain. Moreover, they cause brain dysfunction. Why are they still used? Because of public demand. People are trying to appear to be healthy with drugs that are actually harming their health. Diet pills, whether over-the-counter or prescription are not the answer to being overweight.
5. High-nutrient-and-low-calorie foods are expensive!
Of course, ounce-for-ounce you will find that organic foods cost more than those smothered in pesticides, and prepared foods seem to cost less than their unadulterated counterparts, but this isn't the whole picture. Eating smaller amounts of grass fed meat, or wild caught fish maybe twice per week, and having organic fruit and vegetables instead of packaged snacks is actually less expensive. People who are eating nutritious foods don't eat when they aren't hungry, whereas snack foods are eaten for taste and hunger doesn't matter. That's why people get fat on snack foods. Moreover, preparing the food in your home will save lots of money over going to restaurants.
6. Skipping a meal per day can help you lose weight and improve your health
In fact, eating three meals a day may actually help to stave off obesity! Studies show that skipping meals slows down metabolism as the body's tries to reserve its energy stores for daily function. And skipping meals increases the likelihood of overeating or even binge eating later in the day.
7: Body fat is bad for you
Actually, without body fat, your organs would not function properly, your bones would break easier, you would have impaired cognitive ability, and you would be putting yourself at risk for a heart attack. Body fat itself is not bad for you. How much of it, what type, and where a person's fat is stored on their body makes a difference.The Truth About Your Weight and Your Health, fat storage on the hips and thighs is associated with a lower risk of heart disease and Type II Diabetes in both men and women.
8: Being fat is worse for your health than being thin
Here's the biggest shocker, and a fact that sadly goes unnoticed; the risk of death from a very low BMI is greater than for someone at a high BMI! Skinny people die as a result of their weight than fat people do.
Warning, being as thin as this airbrushed model's image may be hazardous to your health."
9: Genetic makeup will not allow an Individual to be lean and fit
Obesity tends to run in families. A genetic cause is indicated; though it must be remembered that family members share not only genes, but also their diet and lifestyle habits. Individuals cannot change their genes, but they can change what they eat and how active they are. Even individuals who are genetically predisposed to obesity need not become obese, they can manage to lose weight and keep it off.
10: Weight gain in women over time is healthy and part of a natural aging process.
Weight gain of more than 20 pounds is not a normal part of the maturation process. It may actually increase a woman's risk of an obesity related disease.