Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
What is the formula of wait losing and how I am take care of my eyes please give me a sedation. I am very thankful to you sir.
I have recently suffered with headache from last 3 years, when I am reading a books and see a computer the headache will start, or my eyesight is totally correct, there is is no problem in my eyesight, please give me a right solution about this. Thank you.
I scratched my eye while taking out a contact lens. My thumbnail was longer than I expected, and somehow I scratched the white part of my eyeball. Whom should I consult?
How to avoid day time sleep. Even though having enough sleep at night, I get sleep after having breakfast. Because of this am not able read in the morning, what's the solution for this, can I skip breakfast to avoid sleep.
Sir mere eye ke pass chot lagne se eye laal ho gaya h and eye ke niche kala kala ho gaya h kya kre ki eye ka lal or uske niche ke kala dag mit jae.
Headache and eye problem. When I read there is water in my both eyes. Is this a weakness or I need some power glasses?
This question is for ayurveda doctor Can you tell how to use trifla water to wash eyes to cure weak eye sight.
How we can increase our eye sight through eating fruits and vegetable. And how we control our mind from other activities and concentrate on own thing?
Sir This is my eyes problem I seen double vision every time and also tear fell every tome please solve my eyes problem.
I have been suffering from headache since some one year or so. The occipital part ache the most. As I got some suggestions from friends I got my eyes check up very recently (some 2-3 weeks back) and result was 6/6. Right now if I studied for some 1 hour continuously, I got a very stress eye and a aching head. I got sleepy very fast. Sir I'm finding difficulty to concentrate. Please help.
I have both eyes -2.25 number. And I do work on computer daily approximate 6 to 7 hours. Thus I felt that I eyes slight become low and increasing eye slight number continuously. What can I do for improve my eye slight?
To reduce eye sight what I have to do and what kind of vegetable and non and I have and what kind of food I should avoid? Please send methe details.
I always have baggy eyes and dark circles around my eyes. I had allergy. But it's fine now. But to I have those dark circles. I applied honey and lemon, I have no bad habits. What to do?
LASIK is a corrective eye surgery that aims at repairing the vision impairment. It is known as laser in situ keratomileusis. This surgery is typically used to fix nearsightedness, farsightedness and even astigmatism.
So can this surgery help in removing your spectacles and giving you crystal clear vision? Let us find out!
- Definition: The LASIK procedure basically works towards reshaping the cornea, which is the clear portion that coats the eye. This is responsible for proper travel of light to the retina where it must focus in an appropriate manner so as to reach the back of eye.
- Corrective Technique: With its cornea reshaping technique, this procedure is effective in correcting vision and removing spectacles for at least 96% of the patients who go through this treatment.
- Convenient: The LASIK surgery is a highly convenient one that hardly creates any pain. Numbing drops are used to minimise the pain that may be felt during the procedure. Also, the time taken for the correction is very little with most procedures commencing within a day or two. Further, this procedure does not require any bandages or stitches and usually works with a powerful laser beam.
- Eyeglass Dependence Reduction: Most patients have a dramatic improvement in the quality of their vision and do not require glasses, while other patients usually have a reduced dependence on eyeglasses once the surgery is done.
- Preparing for the Surgery: To prepare for the surgery, it is imperative to meet and coordinate the details with the ophthalmologist who will examine your eye carefully and seek to determine the risk of any kind of side effect. Also, the doctor will ask specific questions regarding the medical history of the patient before conducting the surgery. As a part of the preparation, the doctor will also take measurements of the corneal thickness and other such factors like refraction, corneal mapping, pupil dilation and air pressure, so as to carry out the surgery in the most effective manner. Do not wear your contact lenses for at least three weeks before this evaluation so as to get the correct reading which will make the surgery much more effective due to the correct settings applied to the pulses.
- Procedure: During the procedure, an instrument known as a microkeratome laser will be used to lift the flap of the cornea which will be peeled back while the corneal tissue is reshaped. Then the cornea flap will be put back in its position.
Remember to be prepared for some amount of dryness in the eyes once the surgery is over. Talk to your doctor about other side effects.