Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Shetye NandanYour feedback matters!
I have power in my eyes. I am a teenager. Is it curable or it works increase or remain the same for my whole life?
Hello sir, I am 25 years male, working computer related work in 8 hours. So lot of trouble in back pain & eye problems.
I have problem to talkbanybody infrolnt of mirror. When I talk my lips n my voice become sobloudly. And my eyes going off.
Hello, I am myopic having -5.75 no. In both eyes. The problem i am facing is that after studying for 3-4 hours i get a headache and the distant objects become blur. Pls suggest me what to do as i am preparing for civil services and have to study for 10 hours a day.
When the eye does not produce the required amount of tears, a condition called dry eyes may emanate. This condition may cause stinging, pain, itching, redness and a host of other symptoms that make normal vision a temporary problem. Also, one might experience difficulty in wearing contact lenses and may feel as if there is are particles trapped within the eyes. Night time driving and facing glares of light also becomes difficult in such cases. Cases where the symptoms have been going on for a prolonged period, must be referred to an ophthalmologist so as to get the correct treatment.
Let us find out the various types of treatment for this condition:
- Medication: A variety of drugs and medication can be used to bring down the inflammation which is the basic cause behind the lack of tears and oil secretion along the edge of the eye, which leads to poor lubrication of the eyes. Oral antibiotics can take care of any underlying infection that may have led to this condition while eye drops and ointments can be used to bring down the swelling.
- Corneal Inflammation: Many times, the cornea may face inflammation which can be fixed with the help of eye drops that work by releasing their immune suppressing element. These eye drops may contain cyclosporine or corticosteroids which can help in fixing this kind of swelling. One important thing to remember is that these corticosteroids are not good for long term use.
- Eye Inserts for Artificial Tears: A tiny eye insert can be used to create artificial tears in case your condition goes from mild to moderate and is not too severe. This eye insert resembles a miniscule grain or rice and usually dissolves gradually to release an eye drop like substance in the eye.
- Tear Stimulators: This kind of medication like Cholinergics, helps in tear production. These are available as pills, drops and ointments.
- Surgical Procedures: From closing your ducts for bringing down tear loss to using special contact lenses specially designed for people who are suffering from dry eyes and unblocking the oil glands, there are a number of surgical procedures that one can use for fixing this problem.
- Home Remedies: One can also make use of some home remedies in order to combat dry eyes. The use of a warm washcloth for a few minutes every day can stimulate the tear ducts and oil glands, while a mild soap for the eyelids can also remove the particles clogging the eyelids.
Speak with an ophthalmologist about the various options that one can use in order to fix this problem depending on the severity of your case.
If you wish to discuss about any specific eye problem, you can consult a specilized opthamologist and ask a free question.
I'm 17 years old and am suffering continuously from swollen eyelids with pus. It pains a lot and takes at least 3 days to heal automatically and after few days it again happens. I have suffered at least 10 of them. Please help.
I have blank eyes over three days what I do for this this question is for earning money on earntalktime.
Hi I am subrata 18 yers age. My problem, my eyes is defect Right hand power 0.25& left power 1.25. But I am did'n chosma. Can you help now.
Why patient with osteoarthritis been prescribed with aspirin; Tramadol; paracetamol and ondansetron? Patient has undergone surgery for cataract previously.
Your eyes are your gateway to the world. If they are tired, you may not be able to enjoy the many beautiful things around. It may affect your mood as well as your performance at work. Here are some amazing techniques to revive those tired eyes.
1. Ample sleep
Best way to allow your eyes to revive is to regularly get ample sleep for around 7 hours daily. Without proper sleep your eyes will feel tired and stressed. Allow your eyes to rest with regular uninterrupted sleep. Also make sure you wash your eyes before you sleep.
2. Chilled tea bags
Love sipping cups of your favorite tea? don't throw away those used tea bags. Tea is rich in tannins and antioxidants, which have the ability to rejuvenate the eyes once the tea bags are put in the freezer for 4-5 minutes andt then placed on the eyes till their coolness wears.
3. Cold cucumber slices
Cut slices of cucumber, large enough to cover your eyes and place them in refrigerator for some time. Once the slices are cool, place them on your eyes for quick relief. It's an easy and handy remedies for your eyes.
4. Eye bath
Take clean water or a medical eye wash in a bowl. Place the bowl in front of you and slowing try to dip your eyes in the liquid with them being open. It will give your eyes a quick bath, removing dirt and pollutants off your eyes, thus allowing your eyes a perfect environment to recover.
5. Cucumber soaked eye pads
Cucumber soaked eye pads are easy to use and very effective in providing tired eyes the much-needed relief. You can place the pads on your eyes overnight for even better results. It will also reduce the swelling around the eyes.
6. Potato juice
Potatoes can be very effective in curing dark circles and providing quick relief to tired and puffy eyes. Extract juice out of a potato and cool it for a few minutes in the refrigerator. Once cold, apply the juice around your eyes with the help of a cotton swab.
Massage the area around the eyes to improve blood circulation and improve the lymphatic drainage to relieve puffiness around the eyes. Gently massage around your eyes, making gentle circles with your index finger for quick relief.
8. Eye drops
Use an eye drop prescribed by your ophthalmologist to soothe itchy and tired eyes. Do not, however, use an eye drop that has been kept open for long as using one can lead to infections.
Hello Doctors. From past few days (3-4 days) I am having a throat Pain (may be due to I consumed hot food with cold beverages), My eyes are having a burning sensation (may be due to over use of mobile and yeah I made a welding for my project work 3 days back) and I am unable to get a sleep (same past 4-5 days). I feel that my eyes are tired and need sleep but when I go to bed all I end up with is my brain not allowing me to sleep at all I can feel what's happening surrounding me even when my eyes are closed. Today I will be going to Industrial Visit for 6 days. Please prescribe me some medicines or drop a clinic address near bommanahalli, electronic city, jayanagar or JP nagar.
I am 22 year old. Is Lasik treatment for has any side effects? Please tell me about problems after Lasik. Any solution than Lasik?
Hi. I am female and my age is 25. I have weak eyesight problem. My no is left eye -3 and in right -4 and number is increasing day by day. please help me is any medicine or ayurvedic treatment to decrease no. Or is possible to do laser treatment. please guide me.
The problem of baggy eyes are characterized by puffiness or swelling under your eyelids. Common factors like aging and genetics are often responsible for the development of under eye bags. It makes your eyes appear swollen due to fluid buildup in the blood vessels that are present around your eyes. Since the skin around your eyes is extremely delicate, which makes it prone to the development of puffiness.
The following are 4 ways that can restore the life of your eyes:
- To reduce the fluid retention: Drink at least 8 to 10 glasses of water on a regular basis, as water aids in flushing out the excessive salt from your system that is responsible for the development of puffy eyes. In order to reduce the risk of fluid retention, keep your head elevated while you sleep with the help of pillows.
- To treat dark circle and baggy eyes: One of the simplest homemade remedies to lessen the appearance of dark circles and baggy eyes is through the utilization of fresh cucumber or potato slices. Place the slices of either potato or cucumber on your eyes and keep it on for 5 to 10 minutes; follow the regime on a regular basis. It is proven to provide satisfactory results in lessening the severity of puffiness and dark circles.
- To reduce the swelling: Place frozen tea bags on your closed eyes for 10-15 minutes. It will reduce the persistent swelling in the eye region. Ice compresses or chamomile tea, sage broth and green tea can also be utilized to treat the swelling effectively.
- Long term prevention: A balanced diet and proper rest can help to prevent the appearance of baggy eyes and dark circles in the long run. Incorporate a lot of fresh green and leafy vegetables and seasonal fruits in your diet. Follow a diet that is low in carbohydrate content and comprises of nuts and whole grains, which are rich in vitamin C, vitamin A and vitamin E. Avoid excessive intake of sodium, especially the ones that contain different types of added preservatives. Carbonated and caffeinated drinks tend to increase the risk of developing baggy eyes therefore; it is advisable to keep its consumption to minimum. Get at least 8 hours of sound sleep to ensure proper rest for your eyes as lack of adequate rest tends to aggravate the problem of baggy eyes.