Find numerous ENT Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. ShettyYour feedback matters!
Respected doctor. please suggest me proper medicine for tinnitus. I am suffering from one month. .can it be cure .plz help me.
Hello sir my self arjun sinde I am 25 year old son I have nose blooding and etching problem last one months what should I do please tell me.
Hi, I am 16 years old I am suffering from ringing in the ears and fullness in ear what should I do which medication can I take I also took bingko globia tablet what can I do?
I am suffering from throat pain since last 5 days it is very difficult to me to cough so please help me to over come with this problem.
Sir, Me 42 years ka hoon mujhe kuch deno se ankho ke samne chakkar se atte hain or hamesa ghamer se bani rahti hain or jab bhi main khana khata hoon to khana chabate waqt me chhakar se mehsoos hotai hain.
Seasonal allergy causes some symptoms sinusitis rashes sneeze during rainy season what should I do to get rid of it.
Before a year I was removing wax from my ear by earbud, at that time I got hurt by earbud. There was a small scratch due to earbud. After healed doctor is saying that perfect and nothing is there. Is it normal that no. Marks are there on eardrum after got healed? Please suggest, I do not have any problems in ear. I was just confirming that is it miracle or normal to not having any mark after getting healed?
I had accident 3 months ago, in that a small crack in my nose. I also got treatment but now my nose look so bad. what should I do please help me?
I am having severe throat pain, head ache and my whole body is paining suggest me some medicines and some useful home tips to reduce throat infection.
I'm a 28 yrs male and im having a pns problem i, e paranasal sinuses. I have consulted many doctors every one told me for surgery. Is there any problem in surgery or I ll get the permanent relief. Please advice.
I am suffering from ear pain from past 3 days I consulted general doctor they told it's fungal infection and gave the tablets but I am not cured instead I am getting too much of pain old suggest some remedies.
Hi doctor, I have a slight pain in my right ear. It feels as if it is blocked .i had also applied soliwax drops once but their was no wax in my ear. I recently had gone to hill station it was fine their but once I came back this problem started again. Pls suggest.
I Have Been Suffering earache since 3 years. Sometimes I cant here anything and sometimes some kind of water coming from ear.
Ear discharge may occur due to several reasons. Injury or trauma to the ear canal, a ruptured ear drum or an infection in the middle ear may be the most common causes of ear discharge. Eczema, swimmer’s ear and other skin irritations may also lead to this problem.
It is a common phenomenon in children and adults alike. Most ear infection results in discharge from the ear. This ear discharge is medically known as otorrhea, and it is any fluid that comes out of the ear, mainly in the form of pus.
1. Most of the time, any fluid leaking out of an ear is ear wax.
2. A ruptured eardrum can cause a white, slightly bloody, or yellow discharge from the ear. Dry crusted material on a child's pillow is often a sign of a ruptured eardrum. The eardrum may also bleed. Causes of a ruptured eardrum include:
- Foreign object in the ear canal
- Injury from a blow to the head, foreign object, very loud noises, or sudden pressure changes (such as in airplanes)
- Inserting cotton-tipped swabs or other small objects into the ear
- Middle ear infection
- Other causes of ear discharge include:
3. Eczema and other skin irritations in the ear canal
While there are some simple home remedies to treat this disorder, always consult an ENT specialist if the discharge does not stop after the application of those treatments. Let us look at some common ways to treat this disorder.
- Ear Drops: There are antibiotic ear drops, and there are antiseptic ear drops. Antibiotic ear drop will dry your ear and stop the discharge in your ear. It mainly kills the bacteria that have caused the infection. There are certain side-effects of using antibiotic ear drops, which include dizziness, itching in the ear, earache or yeast infection. However, these side-effects are extremely mild and go away as soon as you stop using the antibiotic drops. The antiseptic ear drops are not as effective as the antibiotic ear drops, and hence, these aren’t used that much to treat any infection.
- Antibiotic Tablets: Antibiotic tablets are also an option to treat ear infections, but again these are not that effective as the antibiotic ear drops have proven to be.
- Surgical procedures: An operation called myringoplasty or tympanoplasty is conducted to repair the hole in your eardrum which has been discharging the pus. This operation has a greater chance to improve your hearing abilities. Doctors resort to this option only when your infection cannot be treated by ear drops.
When to Contact a Medical Professional
Call your health care provider if:
- The discharge is white, yellow, clear, or bloody.
- The discharge has lasted more than 5 days.
- The discharge is the result of an injury.
- There is a loss of hearing.
- There is severe pain.
- The discharge is associated with other symptoms, such as fever or headache.
- There is redness or swelling coming out of the ear canal.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!