Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shetali PanditYour feedback matters!
Hello sir, my wife doesnt get period on time its always late more the 10 days please suggest ha medicine for her. Her age is 25.
A Brief Introduction to Manage Phobias
Fear of an object or a situation is a very natural human emotion that all of us undergo on a day to day basis. The basic difference between a normal fear and phobia is that, a phobia is kind of an unreasonable fear that is not associated with evidence and that would subside eventually over a period of time. This kind of irrational fear generally does not have an impact on the quality of the person's life. People with phobias try to avoid what they are scared of. If they are not able to ignore it, they undergo various physical and physiological complications.
Types of Phobias
- Phobias related to natural surroundings like storms, lighting etc.
- Animal Phobias: Being scared of dogs, spiders and other creatures.
- Phobias due to fear of causing harm to the body, such as fear of choking, or hurting oneself.
- Circumstantial phobias such as getting caught in the elevator, being scared of flying, heights etc.
- Apart from these, people may also experience major depression disorders, anxiety disorder, stress and extreme anger.
Cause for Phobias
The exact reason is unknown, but it can be related to certain chemicals in the brain and nervous system or can even be due to genetic disorders in the body.
- Shortness of breath, unrhymed heartbeats
- Hot flushes
- Nauseas, dizziness or frequent visits to the restrooms.
- Psychological symptoms such as fear of fainting, choking or dying.
Recommended Ayurvedic Treatment:
1. Lemon: Nausea and dizziness due to phobia can be eliminated by intake of lemon in any form. Even the mere smell of lime is very effective in treating phobia related symptoms.
2. Essential Oils: Oil extracts of herbs such as chamomile, juniper, jasmine, lavender and germanium haven proven to calm the central nervous system as they have sedative properties. They can be used while bathing or by applying some oil in the temple region.
3. Ashwagandha: Commonly known as 'Indian ginseng', it is a unique herb that has numerous properties that are beneficial to the nervous system. It has anti-anxiety, anti-inflammatory and anti-stress characteristics which boosts the physical and mental performance of the human body.
4. Brahmi: It is a well-known herb that is predominantly used for treating memory and concentration problems. When consumed it enhances the recollecting and retaining capacity of the brain.
5. Oil Massage: Rubbing some Bhringaraj or coconut oil on the scalp and soles of the feet during night, is sure to calm down the nerves of the body.
6. Some Home Remedies: Applying ghee into the nose is extremely effective to calm the mind as it has smoothing and nurturing properties.
7. Yoga: Practice yoga postures such as camel, cobra and boat.
Panchkarma Therapies for Stress:
This therapy helps to expel the toxins and harmful substances from the body and also improves blood circulation. Some of the commonly used techniques are as follows:
Snehapanam: Oral intake of herbs such as neem, sandalwood and amlaki along with ghee or butter.
Sirodhara: Warm essential oils are made to flow over the forehead of the person followed with gentle massaging.