Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Shetali PanditYour feedback matters!
My GF is very offensive during her periods. She irritates and argue with me for no reason in those days. please helps me.
After sex when I go to washroom on next morning or after some time of sex some whitish sperm like matter come out from vagina .so please tell me that is sperm or not .why they come out.
Hi. I have already 3 children but now I had tubactomy so I want another child please what I do for conceive again please suggests me I do tubal reversal or ivf. If I go for ivf doctor give me injection for making egg it will be side effect for that injection ya in future period will be irregular what wil be side effect please let knw.
I am now 20 years. And I did sex from 3 years before now my ques. Is did any problem from sex I mean on periods bcoz my periods are irregular now I worried about that. please hlp me.
I am 31 weeks pregnent my cervical length is 2.8 is it a risk of premature delivery please advice me tensed doctor ?
My age is 30. I am widow. I have lot of work burden and stress. How to control white discharge problem? What food take control white discharge problem?
If I had a sex with a girl with using condom and a girl is having aids what are the chances to that I will be suffer by aids.
One tube of My wife had removed due to ectopic pregnancy 4 years ago.Now we r facing challenges in conceiving as other tube is also weak.Pls guide whether it is curable or shud v go for IVF?
Hello, I am pregnant (9 month). Dr. Will check vaginal infection if it then will be normal delivery? Doctor is Saying have chances of operation. It's my second delivery. First was normal.
My wife is pregnante and we had first baby 06 years back through operation. What are the chance of normal delivery if scar is 3 mm ?
Hello doctor , My wife is 3 months pregnant just now we visit our doctor for monthly checkup , she prescribed progesterone i.p.200 mg twice daily , so is this safe in pregnancy ?
Hi, I am 29 years old. I have chocolate ovary cyst 35cm, 38cm 28cm 23cm. Is it incurable disease? endometrosis. doctor prescribed me leupride injection. But I had read so many side effects of it. Another doctor gave me endosis, relace, microdox, becozem c forte. Suggest me please What is better for me. So confused. please reply soon.
Today is the. First day of periods but blood is not coming while washing my private part it shows other wise blood is not going continuously why this can? From what problem I am suffering?
Is it safe to have sex (with using condom & without condom) immediately the next day after the periods are over? Are there any chances of pregnancy?
Uterine cancer is also known as endometrial cancer and it mostly affects the middle aged women. The uterus of a woman is a muscular organ. The cancer can affect any part of the uterus and is more common in women having obesity, diabetes and hypertension. In most cases, the cancer starts in the endometrium, hence called endometrial cancer. Uterine cancer can be cured using any of the following methods:
- Surgical removal of the uterus along with ovaries, lymph nodes and fallopian tubes
- Radiation therapy
Although uterine cancer is curable, it's always a better option to prevent it. You cannot control all the causes for uterine cancer like those related to heredity. But other than that, here are a few ways in which you can prevent suffering from uterine cancer:
- Control body weight: Keep your body weight in control. Obesity can pose a huge risk of getting affected with uterine cancer. The fat in the body produces estrogen, which promotes the growth of uterine lining that is the Endometrium and may lead to Endometrial cancer.
- Breast feed: If you are lactating, then the risk of the cancer decreases, as breast feeding decreases ovulation as well as estrogen activities.
- Treat abnormal bleeding: If you are suffering from any type of abnormal bleeding, be that heavy periods, bleeding even after you reached menopause or if you start bleeding between two period cycles, consult your doctor immediately. Abnormal bleeding is the symptom of endometrial hyperplasia, which might eventually turn cancerous.
- Exercise: As already said earlier, keep your weight under control to avoid uterine cancer. Exercise to avoid increase in weight leading to obesity. It also reduces the estrogen level in your body.
- Healthy food: Healthy food is the key to avoid any disease, be that a common cold or uterine cancer. Eat a healthy and balanced diet everyday to be fit and bouncing.
- Birth control pills: It is believed that the intake of birth control pills helps to keep uterine cancer at bay.
So eat healthy, exercise and adopt healthy habits. Then nothing can stop you from enjoying life to the fullest.
Dyspareunia is a phenomenon noticed in both males and females, but more frequently in females. It refers to recurring pain during or after sexual intercourse. Such kind of pain affects female genitalia usually the vagina, clitoris, or at times the depths of the pelvis. This pain is often accompanied by a burning, itching or throbbing sensation which can prove to be extremely discomforting if left unattended. Thankfully, a careful examination of symptoms leading to Dyspareunia and its early diagnosis can improve a person's sexual health.
Indicators of this deep rooted problem
- Pain can occur during penetration in and around the vagina, urethra or the bladder.
- Pain can be a new occurrence after earlier instances of painless intercourse.
- It can be felt throughout intercourse in places, such as deep in the pelvis or even after intercourse.
- The intensity of the ache is sometimes sharp and at other times, it is as piercing as menstrual cramps.
- It need not necessarily be associated with intercourse; pain can be experienced during any kind of penetration. Thus, using a tampon or a moon cup can also result in soreness.
- Skin diseases can either be a symptom or a root cause leading to the problem. Skin problems, such as Psoriasis or Lichen Sclerosus should not be taken lightly.
- Tightening of vaginal muscles at the beginning of intercourse may or may not be superficial pain. In most cases, it is identified as Vaginismus but it can also be a symptom of acute Dyspareunia.
Ways to nip the pain in the bud
- While, usually, pain during sexual intercourse is a result of adolescence or a traumatic sexual history, it can also be the result of a physiological problem contracted at birth. However, treatment in any situation is necessary to enable smooth functioning of one's life.
- Injectable corticosteroids might prove to be helpful.
- There are oral medications to remedy the problem; antibiotics and antifungal medicines.
- Increase in estrogen levels through the use of the drug Osphena helps in curing frailty of vaginal tissues.
Precautionary measures to be followed at home
- Taking a warm bath before intercourse can lead to betterment.
- It is best to avoid sex when in stress. Both partners should be relaxed to ensure a complete lack of pain.
- After sex pain can be relieved by applying an ice pack around the vulva.
- Urinating before sex can be helpful. It is also good to use water soluble lubricants for stimulation.