Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shelley JainYour feedback matters!
My lips remain chapped always from last 12 years. and my corners of mouth are cracked from both sides that's too from last 12 years. Please suggest me.
I have bleeding gums and it gives bad smell while speaking. A doctor told I am just brushing hard and no problem and cleaned my teeth, told to use soft brush. Now I'm using my fingers and some tooth powder with salt. But no improvement. And I do oil pulling occasionally.
I am surfing from mouth blister from 10-12 year. In my mouth multiple white blister in my tong and inner the chick. I had not ate the proper food.
Aged 54. Diabetes patient. Three teeth fell down up and down side. I cant take hot or cold drinks.Often i affected gum swelling either right or left side. Using herbal tooth paste and soft brush only. Recently one doctor given prescription as: Tab ZERODOL sp ; T. METROGYL 400gm ; cap TRESMOX LB 500 mg & T. CYRA-D all for three days. But on that day i can have no problems. But again its giving problems. I only take chicken monthly once. Please give permanent solutions. I belongs to lower middle class family.
I feel pain in my teeth sometime. and i'm brushing my teeth regularly. So please tell me what is the problem?
My teeth become slightly yellow nd some teeth which r situated at behind become brown. I brush twice a day nd also use mouth wash. I wanna make my teeth healthy nd white help m.
My teeth was paining and I am using many colgate but this all are not useful to me so please help ke.
These conditions can be changed by night brushing which removes the food debris and reduces the germs that cause cavities.
A healthy set of teeth is essential for good living. However, teeth problems are widespread and you are susceptible to it at any age, at any time. Though there are medications available for tooth problems, sometimes extraction of the tooth remains the only plausible solution.
You may have to undergo tooth extraction for multiple reasons. Some of them are:
- Unaligned teeth: In case you are suffering from unaligned teeth, chances are that you may suffer from what in technical terms is known as "crowded mouth." In such a situation you have difficulty in eating as there is not enough room for the teeth in the mouth. Extraction of tooth, in this case, is the only way to rectify it and align the teeth in a better fashion.
- Infection: Sometimes if you suffer from a tooth infection, it tends to quickly spread to the pulp, affecting and damaging the blood vessels and different nerves. Though medications are available, if the intensity of the infection increases, extraction of tooth remains the only option.
Procedure: There are different steps that are involved in the extraction of teeth. They are:
- Local anesthesia: Like all other surgeries, administering a local anesthesia is the first step. If you are undergoing a tooth extraction, the dentist or the surgeon will inject anesthesia that will create numbness and soothe you of the ensuing pain.
- Cutting away gum and bone tissues: After the anesthesia, the dentist will proceed to extract the infected tooth. In order to do this, the doctor cuts away the gum and the tissues covering the tooth. After the root of the infected tooth has been exposed, the dentist would then with the help of forceps, sever it from the jaw.
After the surgery, you must observe certain precautions to expedite the recovery process. Some of them are:
- Take painkillers: After the tooth extraction, the possibility of suffering from an ensuing pain is incredibly high. Therefore, in most cases the dentist prescribes certain painkillers and you must take them regularly.
- Change the dressing: The operated area will be covered with bandages to preclude any infection. However, the dressing must be changed from time to time. If the same dressing remains for a long time, chances of an infection increase.
- Complete rest: After the extraction, you must take complete rest and not engage in any form of physical activity.
- Avoid certain foods: Just after the surgery, the operated area remains tender. Therefore, you must eat food that requires less effort to chew like soup, pudding, ice cream etc. You must also abstain from smoking and drinking for some time.