Find numerous ENT Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shekh
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. ShekhYour feedback matters!
I am experiencing hovering sound in the left ear for the past two days. Secondly I am not getting enough sleep. Woke up several times during sleeping hours at night even in day there is no sin of dizziness.
I am suffering from cold from 2 week. And was saw lite blood in my nose. Can you pls suggest me anything.
I have severe ear pain I can't eat or when I get hiccups it pains a lot and even when I touch it its paining.
Hello, I am 24 years old, I have chronic cough from past few years. I have got my medical check up done in 2011, which shows that I am suffering from sinusitis. However, these days I get the chronic Cough attack every now and then. And I have to take an Antiallergy (Ketasma) pills to control. Please help me with this.
I went to a pool party yesterday I got some water in my mouth and nose and woke up with a sore throat and Hardly could breathe.
I am praveen kumar. 24 years old. Currently working in night shifts. Currently I am suffering with medium fever and cold for the last two days. I taken paracetamol and a single tablet for cold. Now I am not tired but feels the heat of fever high. Throat pain and lite ache. Please help me to overcome this.
What are the causes and symptoms of ear discharge?
Ear discharge is the phenomenon of fluids being expelled from the ear. This condition is also known as otorrhea.
The kinds of fluids that can be discharged from the ear range from blood to pus and other forms of bodily secretions. It is caused by a number of factors, which determine the exact nature of the condition and the diagnosis for treatment.
What are the causes of ear discharge?
Some forms of ear discharge are natural, such as ear wax which is produced by the body as a form of defense against external particles that may enter the ears. Other forms are unnatural and result from anomalies in the health system.
The causes of these include the following:
- Infections: This is the most common cause of ear discharge and occurs when bacteria and viruses infest the inside of the ear and lead to the secretion of fluids, which builds up in the middle ear or at the eardrum
- Swimmer’s Ear: This condition is also known as otitis externa and is caused by staying in water for prolonged periods. It results from excessive exposure to moisture that makes the walls of the ear canal to break down allowing bacteria and fungi to enter and infect the ear.
- Trauma: Excess pressure on the eardrum can cause it to rupture and discharge fluids. This happens due to a number of reasons such as exposure to loud explosive sounds or pressure from flying in aircrafts and scuba diving.
- Skull Injury: Damage to the bones behind the ear as a result of injury can also lead to ear discharge due to infection.
- Tonsillitis: Inflammation of tonsils may cause pain or a repeated infection in the ear leading to fluid discharge.
What are the symptoms associated with ear discharge?
Some of the symptoms of otorrhea are as follows:
- Abnormal and unusual secretion of fluids from the ear
- Swelling of the ear
- Partial or complete loss of hearing
- Pain and throbbing in the ear
- Accompanying signs such as fever and migraine
Diagnosis and treatment of the problem depend on the exact cause and nature of the condition, which also determines treatment and recovery time.