Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Neurologists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shehna Manchanda
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. Shehna ManchandaYour feedback matters!
Can I take MRI tests to diagnose dementia ? What are the other tests to diagnose it ? I am 18 year old I have a doubt that I may have a kind of dementia?
I am having migraine problem, and my blood pressure mostly remains 130/90, What should be done, bcoz it made me restless.
Hi. From past nearly 6months I'm not getting proper sleep at night. From past 3 months it got worse I'm not at all getting sleep till 5 r 6 in morning. I hardly having 4 - 5 hrs sleep in a day. When I consulted physician he suggested me zolasma 5mg to have it at 10pm for 14days which will reset my sleep cycle. But when I'm having that tablet I'm sleeping for 14 - 16hrs a day which is making me feel numb whole day. Can someone tell me whether this things causes any affect for my health? And what should I do to get back to normal sleep cycle?
Having migraine problem from few months every time I go outside in Sunlight I get paining in my lower brain and sometime even worse and I can't concentrate on anything studies and cannot able to remember things properly.
My child of 7 years having epilepsy since 2.5 years and taking continue medicine but sezuires are not stopping and have changed doctors also suggest what to do to stop sezuires. Taking care also. But problem occurs when it happens in school. School also takes care but how to stop sezuires.
Is there any best treatment specially in Homeopathy about Epilepsy suffering from the last 12 years.
Lady in the house contacted viral fever prevalent rainy season had temperature104 with shivering was treated at a local shop 2 bring down temperature. temperature down but even after 7 days she has pain in entire length of legs.
Dear Dr. I have continuous snoring during my sleep and insomnia also and have sedation in morning when I wake up. Please guide me how to recover from this.
I'm a 16 year old girl. I suffer from sleep paralysis. I feel suffocated, helpless, and I can't move at all when I wake up from sleep. I can see everything. My eyes are open. But I can't move at all. I try a lot to scream and call my mom or someone to wake me up but all in vain. I can't even move a finger. I shout internally in the hope that voice will come out. But it doesn't. I have to remain like that only. I get scared and helpless. Its terrifying. I don't wanna go to sleep sometimes because I'm scared that this will happen again. Please help me.
All parents expect their child to start going to school, learn writing and learning and do well in academics. However, children with dyslexia may not be able to progress at school at the same pace as others. The good news is that there are early pointers that can help a parent to identify dyslexia in the early stages. This can be helpful in training and support the child socially to learn and socialise normally. Dyslexia is a disability that affects both spoken and written language. They have a different learning style and when supported and encouraged, instead of mocked and insulted, they can become avid readers. The following are common 10 indicators of developing dyslexia in children, in general, and at school.
10 Behavioural signs to watch for in general:
- The child usually has difficulty concentrating and following instructions
- The child is easily distracted, seems to daydream, and tends to forget words.
- Poor personal organisation skills and is not very good at time keeping.
- May get confused between today, tomorrow, yesterday; east and west; right and left; up and down.
- Has difficulty remembering seasons, months and days.
- Tends to be doing something to avoid work.
- Seems distracted, and ‘daydream,’ does not seem to listen
- Requires a lot of effort focusing on things at hand and is constantly tired.
- Slow pace of processing in terms of spoken or written language
- Often appears withdrawn or lost in his own world.
10 Behaviours to watch for at school:
- Poor standard of writing and written work in comparison with oratory skills.
- Poor handwriting with badly formed letters.
- Confused easily between similar looking letters like m/w, n/u, b/d.
- Usually, messes up work by using close but wrong spellings and rewriting the same
- Mixes up words by using similar-looking words – quiet and quite, tired and tried.
- Same word is spelt differently at different times
- Poor motor skills and pencil grip leading to slow, inaccurate writing
- Produces a lot of phonetic spelling which does not change with repeated corrections
- There is difficulty in blending words together, and struggles a lot when asked to read out loud, can miss out or add words that are familiar in between
- Has difficulty connecting the story that is being written or read
As noted, these children have very inconsistent behaviour with very limited understanding of nonverbal communication. If these symptoms go on increasing as they grow, it is advisable to seek professional help so that support can be provided and the condition can be arrested at the early stages. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.