Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SheetalaYour feedback matters!
Next month I am going to marry so my question is how to protect from getting my wife pregnant bcoz I do not want baby for at least 1 year.
I read on Internet that load of people have got pregnant from there man coming in them 3 days before they released a egg and still got pregnant so I has sex on wednesday and I release a egg on friday so does the cum from wednesday stay Alive in me to hatch my egg on friday or not need no before tomorrow friday.
I had taken unwanted 72 after 24 hours of sex but my periods are 7 days late m I pregnant but I had not done complete sex m still virgin.
I have sex with my girl friend 4.4. 2016. And she got periods on 5.4. 2016. Is it possible to get pregnancy.
Hi, I m 28yrs married women, In this month after my monthly periods over I was feeling pain while urinate and nothing else what happen to me. Should I only drink lots of water then it will be fine or have to do other things also.
Hi im 9 weeks 4 days pregnant. My ultra sound report is Placenta cp: posterior upto os and grade - My cervical length 3.8 CMS (tvs) internal os closed This is my first pregnancy. Im so worried about my pregnancy please Dr. tell what I do Its save or not and what will I do Dr. lme take a rest otherwise bleeding will start please suggest me what I do Can I take full bed rest Thanks.
Or some may find burning pain during defecation/urination or bleeding piles. (heavy menses)
Medical condition like jaundice. These are pitta dominated disorders.
Those are very well managed by authentic ayurveda pitta virechan and rakta detox and rasayan therapy.
Hyperpigmentation too managed by the same this will reflect on entire health as well.
Even condition like accelerated bp/hypertension, diabetic retinopathy/ macular oedema /stroke/ peripheral neuritis have significantly getting benefit by just adapting special detox advocated in October heat.
Hey mam or sir. M prgnt of 8th month it mean 31 weeks on 24th I have went to scan. My fetal biometry is BPD 32 weeks 5 Days and AC 28 weeks and FL 31 weeks 5 days. My gyno said everything is fine normal .bt I am really worried of it. please help me. Wht to do is it fine or I should do something. Hlp.
I am a breast feeding mom. I used to take eldoper for diarrhoea before. I heard its harmful for baby. Please suggest an alternative to be used for emergencies ?
I am a breast cancer patient. I have completed the treatment on 31.5. 2014. Follow -up check up going on. Please suggest the exercise. I have also plan a walking just 20 minutes daily or two days once. Please tell me.
Hi doctor. I am 19 years old female. My periods have always been normal until I missed in the month of April. My last period was on 11 march 2016. I had a lot of exam stress so I attributed it to the same. However I did an ultrasound which did not show any abnormality in my ovaries whatsoever. Then on 4 june 2016 I took tab estrogen and progesterone and got my period on 10 june 2016. I again missed my cycle in july and went for a hormonal profile which showed that my LH waz 26.47 and FsH 7.07 and PRl 28.09. My endocrinologist said you have PCOS although I do not have any other symptom other than a bit of weight gain. He started me on metformin 500 mg and gave diving 10 for 7 days to induce periods which I did not get even after waiting for 15 days. So today I went to an ob/gyn and he said to increase metformin to 1 g and take krimson 35 for a month or two and check. I am really worried. Is this a very big issue? Will it affect my fertility in any way? Web makes PCOS look like something very evil. Please help. Also If I missed my period then in which phase am i? As in FP or what? The report shows my lh is 26.47 and fsh 7.07 and prl 28. During fp there has to be this lh surge right? So how much lh is needed for ovulation. Please explain me this with reference to normal ranges. Ill be highly obliged doctors if you help me with this and explain all the questions. Thank you.
Hi Doc, I am having a pain inside the Vagina for the past 7-8 months once or twice every month. I visited few gynecologist and did lots of tests but always saying everything is alright. I take medicine for almost 1 years but still there is no improvement. Now, I am really depressed and don't know what to do and I cannot concentrate on my study too. Please suggest me.
I am a 19 year old female and I am suffering with heavy stomach pain during the time of periods. what is my remedy to get rid of this pain.
Leukorrhea is a very common problem among women. It refers to a thin or thick, whitish or yellowish vaginal discharge that may occur in between menstruation cycles or during pregnancy and usually lasts from a few days to weeks.
In most cases, it is nothing to be alarmed about and is considered normal as long as it does not cause irritation, discomfort, odor and itching.
Leokorrhea, however, can also be caused by hormonal changes, particularly due to an increase in estrogen.
A vaginal infection or std, too, may cause leukorrhea, especially if the discharge is yellow or green and accompanied by foul odor.
There are a variety of foods and concoctions that have been developed for our urban realities and to help us become more fit. Smoothies and juices are the latest craze that has been on the fitness scene for a few hours. There are many people who have taken to smoothies in place of a solid meal because this combines a variety of healthy ingredients so that one gets a wholesome meal which can also be had on the run. But there are many schools of thoughts regarding the efficacy and the health benefits of smoothies.
Are they really as healthy as they are said to be? Let us find out with this article!
- Protein: There is a good dose of protein in smoothies which comes from the large amount of fruit, vegetables and dairy as well as oats and other such elements that are used to create one. Protein is one of the main elements that come from smoothies and it also helps particularly after a workout or for those who are into sports.
- Dietary fibers: Because of the copious amounts of berries and other fruit that is used to create a smoothie, one can gain great amount of dietary fibers also. This helps in clearing out the toxins from the digestive tracts, which can further prevent the generation of kidney stones. Yet, there is something to be said for the ingestion of fresh fruit, which makes for even better levels of dietary fibers. So even if you are having smoothies, you must ensure that you also have plenty of fresh fruit.
- Probiotics: Curd based smoothies is one of the best things that one can have because of the number of probiotics that they contain. Curd contains a number of good bacteria which is very good for the digestive system as well as the metabolism. These good bacteria are called probiotics. This helps in stabilizing the metabolism and the digestive process, which can be very helpful especially for people who are suffering from chronic lifestyle diseases.
- Sugar: If one used sugar instead of jaggery or honey in the smoothie, then it is no better than having a can of coca cola. For this reason, one will need to replace sugar with other natural sweetness that will bring down the level of kilojoules or kilo calories. This will make the smoothie much more healthy so that one can have plenty of fruit without the sugar intake.
- Liquid content: Many people use juice as the liquid content. Yet, this is not always the best option. This contains a lot of sugar, even if it freshly pressed. So, one can substitute the same with water.
- Oats and cereal: You can toast oats and others cereal in order to line the parfait or the smoothie. This will also bring in plenty of protein as well as other vitamins. This kind of a smoothie makes for a crunchy taste even as it gives you a full meal which can be taken at least three times a day. But do check for allergies when it comes to oats and grains before you make such a smoothie. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Let's first get to know what are menstrual cramps?
Menstrual cramps, also known as dysmenorrhea or period pains are throbbing or cramping pains in the lower abdomen.Many women experience menstrual cramps just before and during their menstrual periods.
Who gets menstrual cramps?
About half of women experience menstrual cramps and about 15% describe the pain as severe. It has been shown that women who do not exercise experience more painful menstrual cramps. Certain psychological factors such as emotional stress may also increase the likelihood of having uncomfortable menstrual cramps. Additional risk factors for these cramps include:
- Being younger than 20 years of age
- Starting puberty at age 11 or younger
- Menorrhagia - heavy bleeding during periods
- Never given birth
Symptoms of menstrual cramps include:
- Pain in the lower back and thighs
- Loose stools
- Bloating in the belly area
- Lightheadedness or feeling faint.
How can you 'AVOID' menstrual cramps?
- Eating fruits and vegetables and limiting intake of fat, alcohol, caffeine, salt and sweets
- Exercising regularly
- Reducing stress
- Quitting smoking
- Yoga or relaxation therapy
- Acupuncture or acupressure.
- Apply heat to lower abdominal part.
- Make sure you're getting enough vitamin D.
- Dietary supplements.
10 Ways to treat period cramps:
1. Improve Your Diet to Alleviate Period Cramps
2. Pop a Safe Painkiller
3. Turn to Tea to Calm Menstrual Cramps
4. Try Fish Oil and Vitamin B1
5. Needle Away Period Cramps
6. Massage With Essential Oils for Pain Relief
7. Curl Up With a Heating Pad to Ease Period Cramps
8. Boost Endorphins Your Way
9. Up the Magnesium in Your Diet
10. Lean on Your Contraceptive
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.