Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SheetalaYour feedback matters!
June is known as the Brain Tumour Month worldwide. It’s worthwhile to raise public awareness and educate people about brain tumour, a disease which, though is rare is but can be really deadly. More than 500 new cases are diagnosed with brain tumour every day worldwide. The number of patients with secondary tumours are even higher than 500. However, it is common across all ages. A primary brain tumour is a tumour that begins in the brain. It can be either malignant, which means it contains cancer cells or benign i.e. does not contain cancer cells. A secondary or metastatic brain tumour is usually cancerous. It starts elsewhere in the body and sends cancerous cells which grow in the brain.
Here are a few facts that each one of us should know about this dangerous disease
- Brain tumours can occur at any age.
- We don’t know what causes brain tumors. Family history and high dose radiation like X-rays increases your risk.
- Doctors group brain tumors by grade which means the way the brain cells look under a microscope. A higher grade number means the cells appear more abnormal and the more aggressively the tumour usually behaves.
- Brain tumors are graded as grade I, grade II, or grade III, or grade IV.
The symptoms of brain tumour depend on the size, type, and location of the brain tumour. Some common symptoms which should not be ignored are-
- Problems with vision
- Mental and personality changes
- Balance problems and trouble walking
- Problems in speaking
Brain tumours are diagnosed by the doctor based on the medical history and physical examination along with a slew of specialized tests of the brain and nervous system.
- Radiation therapy
- Anti-seizure medicines
- Ventricular peritoneal shunt
- Combination of treatments
How can you safeguard yourself?
The primary tool to prevent brain tumours is by controlling your lifestyle. This means eating healthy, exercising, avoiding known carcinogens in your environment, and reducing stress.
- Sleep: Sleep is a friend for brain health. An adequate amount of rest with eyes shut keeps your brain health.
- Frankincense oil: Along with yoga, meditation, and breathing exercises to reduce stress, inhaling frankincense oil can help alleviate inflammation in the brain.
- Anti cancer diet: Consuming a diet rich in cancer-fighting nutrients like antioxidants is critical in preventing brain tumors.
- Ketogenic diet: A ketogenic diet is a high protein diet. It reduces oxidative stress and inflammation in the brain which is associated with brain tumours. It also shuts down the nutrient supply to tumors.
- Calorie restriction: Dietary restriction, especially fasting has anti-carcinogenic properties just as the ketogenic diet.
- Limit exposure to mobile phones: Cell phones use increases risk for brain tumours. So restriction prevents these tumours. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurologist.
What diet I have to take to regularize my period as am a pcodic also. Please adive a perfect diet plan for me.
I am 22 years old. I was married I have irregular periods. I went hospital. This problem three months clear again it started. I have doubt is it pregnancy?
Some time before I asked a question about early period. Which is within 10 days of previous period .for which I got answers that may be hormonal change (due to birth control pills) it might happened. Bt yesterday again my period started within duration of 15 days to my previous one .this tym I haven't taken any pills or had sex. Then what it may b .this month I had 2 periods (1st period: 10 Aug - 17 Aug. 2nd period: 29Aug -3sept .3rd period: 18sept - ongoing. Please help this is really scary.
Respected Sir/Madam, I am a female of age 17 From India. I am in very tensed situation. I had an unprotected sex on 29th April but I took ipill within 2 hrs after intercourse. After 5 hours of intercourse I had little bleeding but that stopped after a while. No doubt my man didn't ejaculate inside still I took my pills to lower the risk. But a fear inside me got started that I am pregnant. Please help me what to do to not to get pregnant.I am not virgin. It was my second tym. I had my last periods on 2 April.Please suggest me something please so that I can be tension free.
My question is that will I become pregnant with scanty period. My lh is low prolactin insulin and fsh is normal. I m on medication for renal stenosis. I m taking beta lock. Stamlo 5 and tg gaol regularly. I m just of 25 yrs old. I have scanty period from last five yrs and I m not medication more than two yrs I have done my usg also it is normal. What I will do that that my everything will become normal. I m so worried.
I had date with my guy last night n my bf cummed on my tits and we cleaned everything after half an hour of talk I just rubbed his cock to my pussy thats it do I get pregnant im really scared.
I am 19 years old. I missed my period for 20 days. I am having dull pain my left butt cheek and stomach. Is it normal? I am to weak. Please help me.
Its been 1 year 3 months of my marriage and I am not getting pregnant please answer me what's the problem.
Does unusual bleeding means pregnancy. If contraceptive pills was used for. The bleeding is just after 12 days nd mensuration cycle is on 24 to 27.
Sir, I am 35 years old & I am pregnant 18 weeks 1 day. My ultra sound scan report is -- 1. Cervix -- internal os is closed. 2. Placenta -- anterior wall. Lower end of placenta closed to internal os. Sir, I request you to please give me solution for me & my baby.
Period has been missed for two months from february checked through scan urine test and blood test negative pregnancy result had came so doctor advised to take tablet for periods to come after taking tablet periods came on 5 th may my question is vil try for baby on this cycle or else need to wait for next months periods? and another question if may 5th is start of period which is the right date to try for baby formation means when ovulation occurs.
I was late this time by 12-13 days. After that I got my periods on last Sunday 6 nov. But for first 2 days, they were extremely light only with only very light spotting. Afterwards some blood clots were observed. And now 16 Nov the period still hasn't stop though flow is light. Can you suggest if it's normal. I am sexually inactive. Had taken primolut n in August but Sep periods were normal .I have always been very regular. This is the first time.
I am a 23 year old female and my partner and I have unprotected sex every time we do it. Since September, I have not had my period but there was the occasional discharge. Now I am having an increase in this discharge starting towards the end of April. Also I took a pregnancy test and it showed nothing. Am I infertile? Please help. Its been 8 months since ive missed my period.
Miscarriage is a spontaneous abortion that occurs around the first to second trimester of pregnancy; wherein the foetus is automatically expelled from the uterus due to its inability to survive because of environmental influences or chromosomal abnormalities.
Unless the miscarriage occurs due to a severe health issue, the fertility of the woman may not necessarily be compromised. Studies show that one miscarriage doesn’t predict the possibility of a future one. Once the bleeding and pain subside, it is the emotional trauma that must be addressed to begin with which poses a greater threat than the physical one.
The fertility of the woman remains unaltered and the body can be ready after the menstrual cycle returns to normal. However, it still requires some time for the woman to be physically and emotionally prepared to go through another pregnancy. The medical history and reasons behind miscarriage must be evaluated before the couple decides to try again.
Complications after miscarriage only occur if the woman is above 35 years of age or has a rather unhealthy lifestyle. The concept of fertility varies from person to person and it isn’t possible to pass a common judgement about fertility in this scenario.
The gynaecologist mostly suggests couple therapy after the trauma of the miscarriage. The psychological loss is given more importance before considering another attempt by most doctors. The fertility loss only occurs with age and unhealthy lifestyle and it is widely accepted and proven that a miscarriage has little or nothing to do with it.
Ways to Increase Fertility
If a couple is certain they are ready to conceive again, there are a few things a woman can do to help her chances of becoming pregnant-
- The first thing to do is to stop any unhealthy habits. These include smoking, drug use, or alcohol abuse. It’s reported that high consumption levels of caffeine are detrimental to conception so that should also be limited.
- Eliminating stress can also help. Eliminating stress is one of the most important factors in having a successful pregnancy. So, it makes sense that getting over-stressed can reduce fertility levels.
- Eat healthy. If depression was experienced due to the miscarriage, it’s possible that the woman’s diet has not been the healthiest. It’s common for women who have experienced a miscarriage to have a loss of appetite and not eat enough or to eat out of sorrow, eating too much. More attention should be paid to the diet and more healthy foods added to meals.
Talk to a Doctor
If a couple is having issues with fertility after early miscarriage, they should talk to a doctor. There are many options available. More than likely, the first thing the doctor will do is to test fertility levels of both the man and the woman. If you don't want to visit a doctor for this, there is a new at-home kit available called Fertell. This test, retailing for approximately $100, measures fertility levels for both a man and a woman.
If it is found that there is a loss of fertility after early miscarriage, fertility drugs or therapies may be prescribed for a period of time.
The doctor may report that there are no issues with fertility. At this point, it would be a good idea to use an ovulation predictor in order to time effective intercourse. This isn't the most romantic idea, but it may well be one of the most logical ways for a couple to conceive.
Fertility is not normally decreased after miscarriage. A woman's fertility levels return to normal as soon as her menstrual cycle returns. Fertility may be decreased due to emotional issues as a result of the miscarriage. However, if a couple is ready, both physically and emotionally, there should be no physiological hindrances to conception.
The decision to try again is not an easy one. However, fertility won't typically be an issue.
Hello doc, Can anybody pls tell me what actually is vaginitis. I get multiple responses. How can my doc confirm that I am suffering from fungal?
Sedentary lifestyle? welcome sex problems with open arms
Modern lifestyle has led to a sedentary lifestyle, which has already made way for several health problems. While problems like cervical, back and neck pain, diabetes, blood pressure, cancer, heart ailments etc are some of the most common, sex problems are also on a continuous rise due to this lethargic way of living.
The sedentary lifestyle that most young couples live has restricted their physical movement to almost nil and thus making them so sluggish that they just don't feel like performing the sexual act with much enthusiasm. As a result, they can suffer from sex problems like erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation.
The main reason behind this sedentary lifestyle and subsequent sex problems is the working conditions. Young professionals usually spend most of their hours at workplace either sitting or doing least amount of legwork.
Here are some easy clues to let you know if you are also a victim of this sedentary lifestyle. Take a note of these and make sure you do not let them hinder your sexual pleasure...
1. Seating stress: if you continue to sit in one posture throughout the day, you end up taking the undue strain on your back. Either your back position is too erect or it bends a little too much. This may put you at a risk of having some spine troubles, which would further cause sex problems. As spine muscles are used to a large extent while having sex, such a lifestyle would never allow you to enjoy an interrupted pleasure. Those who suffer from such spinal and back problems would, in most cases, end up getting up in between the sexual act and hence leaving their partner unsatisfied in bed.
2. Exercise exertion: it's believed that walking few minutes and leading an active lifestyle and exercising our pelvic muscles is beneficial for sex. Lack of this exercise may lead to sexual problems like infertility or impotency. It has been medically proved that there has to be a proper exercise routine not only for your body but for your sexual organs too
3. Thinking tension: with a continuous concentration on your work and other career related anxieties, this will lead to your sexual senses failing to get aroused easily and thus you may not feel emotionally and physically attached to your partner. Also, when you cannot focus on your sexual performance, sex problem like erectile dysfunction (not getting a proper erection) is sure to harm you.
4. Physical pressure: as you remain deskbound and do not get involved in much of moving, your lower body, especially legs become very slothful and you would find it tough taking any pressure while performing sex as well. In such cases, you fail to experiment much with sex positions, as you cannot move your leg freely fearing some pain or strain and thus sexual problems like premature ejaculation can ruin your sexual performance. Due to this sedentary lifestyle, you keep sitting on the chair most of the hours during the day and this leads to a low physical stamina, which shows its adverse effects while you are performing sex.
5. Weight woes: weight gain is the foremost consequence of living a sedentary lifestyle. As you remain inactive for more than required time, you tend to put on extra weight and even become obese in extreme cases. Under such circumstances, you are more prone to developing sex problems and an overweight person anyways also finds it uncomfortable to perform in bed with ease. Imagine with your weight troubling you already, you would never want to bear that additional weight of your partner, so your sexual relationship can go for a toss.
6. Bad blood circulation: do not forget that more you walk and get yourself involved in physical activities, better would be your blood flow in the body. But as modern individuals have to cope up with their professional and academic preferences, they get very less time to focus on any outdoor activities and they don't indulge much in the legwork. As a result, there is a lack of blood circulation in the entire body. Even the blood that is circulated to the sex organs is not proper, hence chances are high that you face problems while erection or intercourse.
7. Cardiac crisis: lack of physical stamina leads to lack of blood circulation, which further leads to cardiac problems and they can, in turn, make way for several sex problems and vice versa. So this is a vicious cycle and the ignition point for all these problems is your lifestyle, which is less of moving and more sedentary. Also, you often fail to understand the reasons behind sudden heart problems, minor heart attacks, and chest pains but it's important that you should know that it's your sluggish lifestyle which may be leading to all these cardiac problems.
Therefore, I suggest you immediately change your lifestyle pattern and incorporate a regime of exercise in your daily life and reap the benefits not only in your day to day life but energize your sexual energy too