Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best ENT Specialists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Shashikant K. MhashalYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor, I am 25 year old. In the left nossle of my nose my bone is access. How much it will cost me if I get it operated from any reputed hospital. Can it be operated through laser treatment. If yes please tell me the estimated cost. Please also tell me what are other ways of operation apart from laser. Like they will cut it from knife or scissor. Please give me estimated cost of every mode for hospital like Apollo and forte. Thanks.
I have tinnitus problem in my right ear, I hear continues high sound, and in having this issue over four years. Is there any remedy?
I feel something stuck like a very tiny lamb bone or a very small spice particle or something. I don't have any discomfort while speaking, breathing or swallowing. But I still feel it sometimes. It's been an hour now. Just wanted to know what to do so that the particle is dislodged And also if there is anything I have to worry?
One of my ears are closed even if I try to open it gets closed. How can it be cured? Yawning helps to open ears but still in my case it doesn't help.
Sinusitis is an irritation or swelling of the tissue covering the sinuses. Healthy sinuses are loaded with air. But there are times when they get blocked and loaded with fluid. In such cases, germs can develop and cause an infection. Due to this infection, your nose gets heavily blocked along with you sinuses and might make it difficult for you to breathe.
Conditions that can bring about sinus blockage include the following:
- Common cold
- Allergic rhinitis (swelling of the lining around the nose)
- Little developments or growths in the covering of the nose called nasal polyps
- A deviated septum (a shift in the nasal cavity)
Here are some of the ways you can get rid of sinusitis naturally:
- Soups and warm water: Drink warm water, soup or broth, and hot tea. These liquids will disperse bodily fluids and drain it from the disturbed sinuses.
- Turmeric/Ginger root: Turmeric root is an excellent fragrant spice found in most Indian and Middle Eastern dishes. Turmeric not only contains the regular calming and anti-inflammatory curcumin, it is also an antioxidant. When it is mixed with hot ginger ale and blended with hot tea, this mixture can remove excess fluid from the clogged nasal sections, ease sinus pressure and make you feel better.
- Spicy food: Spicy ingredients such as mustard, hot peppers, curry, horseradish, and masala in one’s food may help in clearing severely blocked sinuses. In case you like spices, think about including some hot flavours to your food to open your nasal entries.
- Apply warm packs: You can use a warm pack to keep the nasal tissues damp. Also, fill a round bowl or pot with steaming water and place your face over it with a towel around your head to inhale the steam in. This will open up your sinuses and make an easy path for fluid drainage.
- Take a steam: High temperature water vapour can saturate the sinuses. Sprinkle a couple drops of eucalyptus in the shower or bath and steam up your bathroom. A hot shower can also relax the bodily fluid as well as the mucus and debris that are stuck inside your nose.
- Apple cider vinegar: Apple cider vinegar is not only powerful in disposing off sinus issues; it can also be used for different skin and hair issues. What it does essentially for sinus infection is that it clears up the nose so that the bodily fluid can be removed quickly. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
I am 25 years female, from last 5/6 months, I was suffered by noise in my ear, it is mostly in night. I did thyroid hormone test, it was negative, I have cleaned wax. Bt it did not improve. So just want to know the cause for this sound (tinnitus) as we as treatment Protocol.
Sir I am 23years old. My ear hearing capacity is reducing day by day. I have having little problem. On talking phone. I find difficult to listen low sound. I can hear loud sound, problem is not very serious but I m worried about future. So give me some tips to protect my ears..
Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo is among the common causes of vertigo. It is the sudden sensation of the spinning of your head which occurs with the change of position of your head. It is a disorder of the inner ear. It occurs when calcium carbonate crystals accumulate in large numbers in any one of the ear canals and stimulate abnormal fluid movement in the inner ear. This sends false signals of head movement to the brain. This can also crop up post head injury. Rolling over the bed or quick head movements like when sitting up in bed can also trigger this condition.
The common symptoms of benign paroxysmal positional vertigo are as follows:
Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo may be treated in the following manner:
- Medication to get relief from the spinning of your head.
- Epley's Maneuver involves transportation of the calcium particles to a different part of the ear which will no longer cause any problems.
- Brandt-Daroff exercises.
- Sometimes watchful waiting can help a person to recover without having to undergo any other treatment but it is a long process and often involves risk factors.
- Surgery: This option is used rarely when other treatments fail.
A very important thing to remember is that vertigo can lead to falls and driving should be avoided. The patient will need support during an episode to avoid injuries.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!