Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Sir, I did my root canal In the month of Jan this year but now it pains slightly and swells sometime at the side I showed some doctor they told me that root canal failed so now what I will do?
Hi good evening DR's I have problem I often get badly smell from my mouth , how to cure this problem , kindly suggest for home remedies , or any tooth paste come for curing such problems, at present m using himalaya tooth paste I brush once a day.
I brush 2 times per day , and I am using mouth wash, but still the problem bad smell from mouth remains , what is the reason for that?
My father suffering teeth pain in before 3 days to up to now. Medicins are also use, but there is no use that. One teeth is too pain. So, please give me best tablet medicine.
What is best activity to prevent happening of mouth ulcer because I have much problem of mouth ulcer.Please tell.
My teeth is decaying. How much prize wanted to do root canal. Also. Doing root canal is any pblm to our body.
My teeth is yellow and yellow spots. I take brush daily with colgate. Sone times come blood in my teeth.
I am 45 years old female. I have pain on right side of my chin continuously. I have pain in my wish tooth also but no problem in eating and pain in that side tonsil also. I have sugar in range 140-180. Pl guide.
When I ate something or chew. My mouth bones get locked and it annoyance me that hurts me too much when I ate something please suggest me something.
Sorry I have questioned about mouth ulcers. Kindly tell me the best medicine to remove ulcers from my mouth.
7 years back I hurt my front tooth. 3 years back I dropped my mobile phone on the gums of the same tooth. Slowly the tooth color changed. One month back pain started in the root of the same tooth. I've taken an x-ray, the abscess appear to be spreading to the root of next tooth. Can this be treated without disturbing the shape of my tooth from outside?
Dental problems can be very painful and take the smile off your face completely. Those who have experienced sensitivity would vouch for it. It just will not allow you to enjoy the hot coffee or a favourite sweet or a cold smoothie. The pain that shoots down the tooth after any of these would leave the person shuddering.
The tooth has 3 layers, from the outside in these are the enamel, the dentin and the pulp. The outermost enamel is mineralized and the hardest structure in the body. The next layer, dentin, has fine tubules and when the enamel is worn off exposing the dentin, sensitivity sets in. The enamel is thinner in some portions of the tooth like the neck and the roots, therefore sensitivity onset is quicker in these areas.
Some of the common reasons for sensitivity are listed below:
- Tooth decay: As caries progresses from enamel to dentin, sensitivity sets in, especially to hot and cold foods.
- Wear and tear: Excessive brushing of teeth can lead to wearing of teeth, especially near the neck areas, leading to loss of enamel and resulting in sensitivity.
- Dental damage: Chipped or broken tooth can lead to sensitivity.
- Gingival disease: This leads to loss of gum cover over the tooth, leading to exposure of dentin and therefore sensitivity.
- Bruxism: Clenching of teeth, common in people with high levels of stress, can lead to enamel wearing and subsequent sensitivity.
- Dental treatment: Some dental procedures like scaling, crowns, root planing, and some fillings can cause transient sensitivity.
- Highly acidic food items: Citrus fruits, tomatoes, tea, etc. can lead to tooth sensitivity.
- Bleaching agents: Most tooth whitening agents result in sensitive teeth.
- Excessive use of mouthwash: The mouth rinses contain high amount of alcohol which can also lead to tooth sensitivity.
Management: As with all health conditions, the first step in management is to identify the problem. Whether it is dental decay or recent dental treatment, food habits or tooth whitening agents, the cause needs to be identified and then treatment begun accordingly.
- For lost enamel, be it decay or damage, the tooth again needs to be restored to its original form to cover the dentinal tubules and reduce sensitivity.
- For habits, be it food related or bruxism, in addition to treating the tooth, the habit per se needs to be addressed to prevent recurrence.
- For associated dental products like whitening agents or mouth rinses, talk to a dentist to switch to a less harmful product.
- De-sensitizing pastes are also available that can be used on a regular basis to reduce the problem.
Tooth sensitivity is annoying but there are ways to manage it effectively.