Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shasha Kothari
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shasha KothariYour feedback matters!
I have recently diagnosed with chronic cystitis by ultra sound scan. I already have taken treatment for irritable bowel syndrome. I have problem of loose motion after half and hour of eating. And also when I get nausea or loose motion my testicle got shrinked up. I decided to consult to homeopathy doctor. Is there suitable medicines available for my conditions?
Sir. Me sex ke waqt pinis ko vagina me lagate hi discharge ho jata hu. Aisa mere saath 10-12 saal se hai me kya karu sir. Maine hasth mathun kiya hai. Or17 saal se tambakoo khaa raha hu. Kya me thik ho jaunga.
Hi I am unmarried girl age 26, I am not getting regular periods last month 30th I should get but till date I didn't get. Every month I am struggling for getting periods, kindly suggest me any treatment.
Hallo sir. My wife she is watery white discharge from 3 year many gynology doctor have seen for treatment. Doctor prescribed 3 tab fluconazole 150 mg. candid v gel. And klokid4 tab but not response there are all medicines please know me name of medicine for remove and good treatment for her.
I had a c-section its been 7 months now. I am 80 kgs but I used to be 50 kgs I want to reduce it as fast as I can. Nw I am breastfeeding. What type of exercise and diet should I maintain. I have not started anything. Bcoz I am kind scared about my operation.
She had sex for first time. Even after having protected sex, she is feeling swelling in lower abs, pain and bleeding from last 2 days. What should be done now ?
Prostatitis is only one of several causes of sexual pain in men. If you are experiencing sexual pain, which can include pain in the penis, testis, or pelvis area that occurs during sex, while ejaculating, or after sex, it could stem from a variety of causes.
Sex is supposed to feel good, so it can be particularly worrisome and stressful when it hurts, and it can affect your intimate relationships. The causes of sexual pain can be medical, structural, or psychological. Here’s a look at six causes of sexual pain, also known as dyspareunia:
I am facing d irregularity of menstruation. I m married n I also have thyroid problem..is there any problem in pregnancy due to these problems? If yes then please tell me the solutions.
Hello, my sister having heavy bust, but she is not so fatty. She is only 21 years old and weight is 55 kg and height is 5.3"she is also don't having her periods last 2 months and she is taking medicine levipil 500 mg twice daily, venlite OD 100 mg once at night and sibelium 5 mg once at night. Her period is irregular because of her medicine? How to reduce breast size please help.
There are a number of potential benefits from corn oil, including its ability to prevent oxidative stress, reduce inflammation, lower “bad” cholesterol, protect the skin, boost vision health and minimize allergic reactions, among others. However, there are also some side effects you need to consider, including weight gain, a higher risk of cancer, and potential toxicity. Some of these side effects are heavily dependent on the type of corn oil you use, and the manner in which it was extracted from the corn itself.
Corn oil is derived from the germ of the corn plant, one of the most widely grown and relied on crops in the world. Due to this huge availability, corn oil is one of the most inexpensive vegetable oils, and thus one of the most popular. Corn oil can be acquired through an extended process of expeller pressing, refinement, and steam distillation. While this creates an oil that has a very high smoke point, making it ideal for cooking purposes, it also saps many of the beneficial compounds from the oil, in which case, there are few health benefits. That being said, even the unrefined version of this oil is very high in fat and calories, and is considered less healthy than many other vegetable oils, such as olive or almond oil. If you want to benefit from using corn oil, seek out varieties that have been cold-pressed, and are labeled organic or unrefined. These will have a lower smoke point, but will also possess the monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats that provide corn oil’s various health benefits.
Uses, benefits and nutrition facts of corn oil
- People primarily use corn oil as a cooking oil, due to its semi-neutral flavor and cost, in comparison to other vegetable oils. However, some people use organic corn oil in medicinal or topical applications, and even as a massage oil. The efficacy of this oil for health depends on the source and processing method of the oil. Unrefined, organic corn oil delivers some benefits, as explained below.
- Cholesterol levels: monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats are both needed by the body, as they can help to control inflammation and excess cholesterol. However, these fats aren’t balanced in most forms of corn oil, particularly in refined varieties. Therefore, this oil can reduce blood pressure and balance cholesterol in very limited quantities, so use the oil sparingly when cooking.
- Inflammation: both omega-3 and omega-6 are known to work against inflammation, when consumed in moderation in the body. This can help relieve symptoms of arthritis, as well as headaches, gastrointestinal problems and even inflammatory conditions of the skin.
- Vision health: there are other ingredients besides fats in corn oil, such as flavonoids and antioxidants, such as lutein, which can reduce free radical activity in the body. Specifically, lutein is able to protect vision health and prevent the development of cataracts.
- Antioxidant effects: monounsaturated fats, polyunsaturated fats, flavonoids, and vitamin e all have antioxidant properties, which can help reduce oxidative stress throughout the body. When used in moderation, this oil can help to prevent chronic disease, and even lower the occurrence of certain cancers, while also helping to make the skin look and feel younger.
- Allergies: some of the compounds in corn oil have been known to reduce allergic reactivity in the body, helping to keep symptoms of asthma and rhinitis at bay. Although corn oil is rarely used as a topical oil, it can help allergic reactions on the skin when applied directly.
- Skin conditions: whether you use corn oil directly on your skin or consume small amounts of it, the antioxidants and tocopherols in the oil will help prevent skin infections and help to relieve irritation, blemishes, eczema and psoriasis. It can even help to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and other age spots. However, remember that this oil is very high in fat, and should always be consumed in moderation, no matter how good it makes your skin look!
Although there is some debate about the health effects of corn oil, the nutritional facts of this oil are quite clear, and when used in responsible amounts, this oil can provide certain key nutrients to the body. Monounsaturated fats and polyunsaturated fats can be found in high levels in unrefined corn oil. This includes linoleic and oleic acids, although when it comes to the balance of omega-3 to omega-6 fatty acids in corn oil, the ratio is far from ideal. There are nearly 50 times more omega-6 fatty acids than omega-3 fatty acids, whereas the recommended ratio is 1: 1. You can also benefits from the high levels of vitamin e in this oil, as well as limited levels of vitamin a, xanthins and trace amounts of other antioxidant compounds.
Side effects of corn oil
There are numerous side effects of corn oil, including potential toxicity, increased risk of cancer, increased risk of cardiovascular disease, stomach irritation, and weight gain. Even when used in small amounts, people seeking a healthy vegetable oil are typically directed away from corn oil. If you are going to use this oil, however, be sure to use organic and unrefined corn oil, which will have the highest level of potentially beneficial compounds.
- Heart health – although there are some monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats in corn oil, the balance of omega-3 to omega-6 is wildly skewed, and this oil remains very high in fat. A single tablespoon contains more than 20% of your daily fat allowance. It can cause cholesterol problems for some who use an excessive amount, particular those who are already dealing with cardiovascular issues.
- Cancer – some studies have found a connection between excess levels of omega-6 fatty acid and increased levels of prostate cancer. While certain elements of corn oil can help prevent cancer, others may increase your risk in other ways.
- Toxicity – due to the high level of herbicide and pesticide use in agricultural practices, and the various countries where corn oil can be produced, there is a chance of toxicity in this oil. This can manifest in trouble with your liver and kidneys. As mentioned before, it is important to know exactly where your corn oil comes from.
- Obesity – corn oil may have some health benefits, but it is also very high in calories (more than 120 per tablespoon, compared to 40 per tablespoon of olive oil). As a result, excessive use of this oil can significantly boost your daily caloric intake, and you may not even realize it, easily compromising your weight loss goals.