Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Shasha KothariYour feedback matters!
Sleep is a natural part of the daily biological functions and we spend some time of the 24 hours sleeping.
Sleep cycles are different for different persons and while 5 to 6 hours of sleep may be enough for some people, others may need up to 8 hours of sleep to feel refreshed. How you sleep is as important as the duration. This is one area which is often neglected by people.
Why sleeping positions are important?
Sleeping positions are very important as you stay in a single position for hours at a time every day, and if these habits are bad, they can contribute to spinal problems. Thus, many of the spinal problems can also be alleviated by sleeping correctly.
Some of the bad sleeping positions that may adversely affect your spine are as follows.
- On your stomach - This position is in overall a bad position as it curls up the spine, especially where the neck meets the spine and can cause spinal deformities over a long period of time. Certain adjustments to this position can lessen the effects, but it is important to try to change habits and sleep in a better position.
- The fetal position - Although this is one of the more natural positions and most babies are crouched up in this form in the mother's womb; as a sleeping position, it has its disadvantages as well. The lower spine is especially put under a lot of stress when someone curls up in this position.
- On your side - Although this is safer compared to the other two, sleeping on your sides straight would cause blood circulation issues and also put a lot of stress on the relevant organs, depending on the side you were sleeping on.
In all of the cases, slight adjustments to these positions will lessen the stress on the spine and also help you sleep better.
Some of the adjustments that you can make are:
1. Sleep with a pillow between your knees to align your hips and cause less strain on the spine.
2. If you don't have sleep apnea, put a pillow under your knees to raise them while lying on you back.
3. If you sleep on your back, try to consciously change your position to sleep on the side.
4. Try and actively change your posture throughout the day to ensure good sleeping position at night.
I am suffering from irregular periods. Its usually come after 30 to 32 days. In this month I got period after 33 days. What should I do?
Female condoms are generally pouches made of latex and polyurethane, which are used by women during sex in order to prevent pregnancy and thereby reduce the chances of infection by sexually transmitted diseases. Each end of these pouches are made of rings that are flexible. They should be inserted deep inside the vagina before sex is initiated and held in the position by utilizing the rings available at the closed end while the rings which are at the open end remain outside the vagina during sex.
Even though it can be safely used by most people, some women would find female condoms to be an inappropriate form of contraception and would not feel comfortable with their genital areas being touched. Thus, it is very important that the appropriate form of contraception be considered for you and your partner. Condoms should be used correctly. In case of need for extra protection, other options of contraception should be considered.
Pros of female condoms:
- Since the exchange of bodily fluids, such as semen and vaginal fluid is prevented, female condoms aid in offering protection against many sexually transmitted diseases such as HIV.
- Condoms can prove to be reliable pregnancy averting methods if they are properly and consistently used.
- Female condoms are only needed during the time of sex. Any form of advance preparation is not required, hence making them suitable for unplanned sex.
- Prescriptions are not needed
- The condoms are usually small in size, disposable as well as easy to carry
- Usually, using condoms does not show any medical side effects.
- Insertion of female condoms can be done up to a duration of eight hours before sex. The responsibility for utilizing condoms properly should be shared by the woman as well as the partner.
Cons of female condoms:
- Even though condoms are generally very strong, they are prone to splitting or tearing in case of improper use.
- Availability of female condoms pales in comparison to the male counterparts and they are usually more expensive.
- The outer ring might produce a cumbersome feeling.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
I recently had laparoscopy on 29th of June .my last period was on 21st June Still I didn't get my period. Hpt says negative. I had mild spotting on 17th of July for 2 hrs. Could I be pregnant should I go for blood test.
My wife menstrual cycle date is 20 date, what is the safe period for sex for not getting pregnancy, and how many condoms should be used for not getting pregnancy.
Papayas are popular all over the world and for good reason. The tropical fruit is loaded with nutrients such as vitamins a, c, and k, as well as niacin, magnesium, potassium, protein, carotene, and natural fiber. Every part of a papaya tree, from the fruit to the leaves, contains some medicinal properties.
In addition to the fruit pulp, the seeds of this fruit are also edible but they have a pungent, peppery taste. They are rich in phenolic and flavonoid compounds, protein, calcium, magnesium and phosphorus. Papaya seeds are also high in fat and should be consumed in moderation.
They help detoxify the liver and exhibit strong antioxidant, anthelmintic and antibacterial effects. You can scoop out the papaya seeds from the fruit and rinse away the gelatinous substance in which they are encased. Eat the seeds as they are or add them to salads, smoothies and other dishes.
Precaution: pregnant women and people with latex allergy or papain allergy should also avoid eating papaya or its seeds.
Sex with my husband he ejaculated inside my vagina the next day I took the pill the following single dose day after 19 hours, it did effect?
My wife has a lump in her right breast since birth of our child and it feels no pain when it is touched. Also it seems no increase or decrease in size. What to do sir.
I am 24 year old girl. I was on Diane 35 pill. I am not sure about PCOD. I stopped taking Diane 35 and now suddenly sebum production has increased a lot. I have pigmentation around my chin and I even got light black spots all over my body. What does all this possibly mean?
I am 32years old married male my wife had medical abortion using pills unwanted kit. Now its 1 year can we try to have kid now. Will this medical abortion cause any problems. Its already year last april we had medical abortion. Please help me is it ok to try for baby now. Will there be any problems. Once we tried this month when we had sex the sperm came out is this a problem. Or its natural some sperm to come out please let me know we are worried about it. As we want a baby now.
My wife skipped her last period which was due 10 days back. Pregnancy test is positive, we already have a 7 month old baby. We are not prepared for next at this time. Kindly advice.
Hello doctor I am 21 years old girl I have done with monthly periods. Its been 7 days. After 7 days .m again bleeding. Last 2 days I have been eating papaya. So ,because of that I am bleeding or something different. What does it means??
Hi Doctor. I missed my periods, since it was on march 12th. But till now I didn't get. I had home pregnancy test on 19th march, 2016 and it was negative. What should I do. I started yoga from past 15 days and is that the reason behind my missed periods. I started using deviry 10mg tablets. Does these tablets avoid pregnancy? Thanks in advance.
Mam. I had an unprotected sex 1st time with my feonce on 13th march and 25th march is my mensuration date. My period is not start yet. I took many times urine test which shows negative and I also test serum beta hcg. It also shows negative. What I do please help my period is not yet starts please what I do. Ultrasound karalu ya ni.
Hii. I miss my period for 17 days but test is negative. Today I went to the doctor. She sad wait for 10 days nd test again. Is it right.
I am experiencing one breast pain followed by the other one of my breast has become darker I have done the test but it was negative many times.
My due period date is on 22 i've had unsafe sex and in emergency had to take I pill twice i.e 2 times within 2 weeks. I have back and abdomen pain and vomiting. Back pain is so severe that I can not even stand for more than 10 min. Pls help? Is it because my periods are about to come? Or because of ipill? Or am pregnant?
When it comes to the brain, simple yet easy to make juices can make a lot of difference. These juices not only improve your memory, but are of great help to the cognitive functions as well. While green tea is a known component of increased brain function, there are other drinks too, which can charge your brain over the long term if consumed daily:
- Beet juice: Apart from being a nutritional powerhouse, beet juice is a great source of nitric acid. The latter helps with blood flow in the body. A smooth blood flow, on the other hand, helps the brain in functioning properly. A study has found that people who consume beet juice have an increased circulation in the white matter resulting from an increased brain activity. This juice is sweet in taste and can be consumed every alternate day.
- Berry Smoothies: Acai is a fruit which has a South African origin and hits the top of the list when it comes to brain assisting food. It increases the flow of the blood and dilates the blood vessels. However, this is extremely expensive. Berries also have a similar effect on the brain, but they are less powerful in nature. What can be done is to mix a little ingredient of Acai in frozen berries juice and drink the same every day. Frozen berries retain the freshness and the nutritional benefits. This drink will improvise your brain and increase blood flow in the body.
- Pomegranate juice: Pomegranate is a great antioxidant and it very aptly limits the free radicals from damaging the brain cells. Antioxidants are also credited with increased blood flow and protection of the heart. A healthy cardiovascular system is synonymous to an increased brain function. What is surprising is the fact that Pomegranate has more antioxidant content compared to red wine and green tea. Pomegranate juice can be consumed daily during the morning or afternoon.
- Carrot juice: Carrot is known for its healthy components that are beneficial for the eyes. Recent studies have revealed that they are great for the brain too. Like other colored vegetables, they are a great source of antioxidant and have a high content of beta-carotene. Carrot juice can reduce the inflammation of the brain cells and improve memory. Carrot juice is not at all bitter and the same can be consumed every alternate day after your meal.
- Cocoa: A Harvard study revealed that two cups of cocoa on a daily basis greatly helps a person in improving memory. Cocoa contains flavanols that keep the blood pressure normal and relaxes the blood vessel linings. Cocoa is also known to be a great antioxidant agent that limits the free radical to affect the brain cells. Cocoa should not be overloaded with sugar and should be consumed hot before starting your day.