Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. SharvanYour feedback matters!
What do I do to moisturize my vagina as I hav dry vagina so because of dryness it is too much itchy in night.
Last periods were on 10aug- 15aug. Had UNPROTECTED sex on 27th august and took ipill 6 hours after intercourse. Started bleeding on 1st September and bleeding continued for 4 days. Had a urine pregnancy test on 18 september which came NEGATIVE Again had a test on 25 September that also came NEGATIVE. Do we still have to worry about pregnancy and we don't want any pregnancy. Please help and answer as soon as possible.
Meri age 30 years hai mera 9 months ka baby boy hai. Delivery k 7 months k baad mere period strt hue pr regular date me nhi rhta please mai kya medicine lu jisse mere period jaldi aur regular rhe aur isse koi side effect bhi na ho.
I have anal and vulvar itching, at time and I also have vaginal itching? What should I do? Please help.
I am 23 yrs I have pcod problem and bad acidity problem and my weight is 65 I want to reduce it wht can I do?
I have my last menses on 29-05-15 I did not get date till now. I have a 2 years boy and we dont wont to commit a one more child now what shall we do please suggest us thankyou.
My wife's last period's first day was on 2nd of feb, can you tell me in which period I can do sex without any precautions to avoid pregnancy.
Hi I am 20years old me and my husband trying for baby since 3months my period is on 20th on 21th I had bit spotting like bwrn and pinkish could toady there is no spot in I have taken pregnancy test but its came negative. Could I be chance to get present?
Sir my sperm motility is o.Could u plz me dat is it curable or not.If not then plsz suggest me d way to have baby or any other treatment or surgery
Hello Dr. My wife use to suffer from unbearable pain in periods fr first two days. What all home remedies can be taken to give her some relief. Please note that she is a working women n has to go to office during these days which worsen the situation. Her information: Age: 24 Weight: 68 Height: 5 feet 11 inch Thanks you.
I'm married for five months and I calculate my ovulation using BBT and P Tracker. It said my ovulation was on 7th nov. We had contact on 5th, 6th and 9th nov. Now I found some white discharge in small. Is it mean that every thing came out. Can I get pregnant.
Tuberculosis happened to be a life threatening disease till some years ago. Now, it is curable with medication, however there is very little awareness about the same. It is crucial that awareness is spread to put a stop to this disease. TB spreads through infection, so a simple sneeze or a cough can also be hazardous. Here is how you can stop the spreading:
1. Curb the Spread - If someone already has tuberculosis, they need to cover their mouths when coughing or sneezing. This is actually a habit everyone should follow, as there are many people in whom the tuberculosis virus exists but is dormant.
2. Don’t let it activate - If you have latent tuberculosis, where you have none of the symptoms yet have been identified, you need to take the medication prescribed so that it doesn’t become active.
3. Complete the course - TB is curable but only when medications are taken regularly, strictly, and as prescribed.
4. Avoid exposure to the infected people - People who have been exposed to TB patients should get themselves tested. Remember it spreads through infection; patients need not be kept in isolation if taking proper care and medication.
5. Boost your immunity - Ensure that your own immunity is strong. People with low immunity are at extreme risk of contracting tuberculosis. Take special care if you are a caretaker of someone being treated for tuberculosis, if you do drug and/or alcohol abuse, if you live in crowded spaces like shelters, etc.
6. Improve your lifestyle - Lead a healthy lifestyle by eating healthy, exercising often, reducing alcohol consumption, sleeping well and maintaining good hygiene.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
Hello respected doctors. My cousin had Papp-a less during 1st trimester. Now her baby is 8months old but she is lean. What diet can be given to her to gain weight? Her birth weight was 2.26 kg Wight chat Day 1- 11/7- 2.26 (200 per week) 16/7- 2.04 20/7-2.22 29/7-2.44 10/8-3.00 27/8-3.6 26/9-4.5 68 7/10-4.83 67 29/10-5.0 7/11-5.1 21/11-5.5 hc - 45 height 65 17/12-5.8 26/12-5.8 11/1/16-6.2 26/2/16-6.7 What kind of diet can be given to put on weight? Thank u.:)
1. What is Intrauterine Insemination (IUI)? When is it recommended?
IUI is a procedure where semen is instilled inside the uterus of a woman after it has been processed in the laboratory. IUI is done at the time of ovulation.
It is recommended in cases of male factor infertility like low sperm counts or motility and also in case of unexplained infertility so as to improve the chances of pregnancy.
2. How does IUI increase the chance of pregnancy?
In IUI, the washed sperms are deposited directly into the uterus at the time of ovulation. By this, there are more chances for gametes (eggs and sperms) to fertilise and cause pregnancy.
3. What is the best period to do an IUI?
The best period to do an IUI is immediately after ovulation (egg release).
4. How is it performed? Or Description of IUI procedure in brief?
IUI is a simple, non-painful procedure. Firstly, the husband's semen is collected and then prepared in the laboratory so that we can get the maximum number of good motile sperms. Thereafter the woman (wife) is positioned to lie down and a speculum is inserted in the vagina. Semen wash in loaded in a sterile plastic catheter and introduced through the cervix into the uterine cavity and is then injected slowly.
5. What are the pre-IUI treatment steps?
1) Screening tests for both husband and wife is done.
2) Tubal patency test of a wife is desirable.
3) Ovulation induction with medications
4) Follicular monitoring by ultrasound.
5) Timing of ovulation by giving an HCG trigger injection (for egg release) when the follicles are mature (greater than 20 mm).
6) 36-40 hours later, semen is processed and IUI is done.
6. Are there extra precautions to be taken after IUI procedure?
A woman is asked to lie down for 15-30 minutes after IUI procedure, thereafter she can resume her routine activities. She is asked to take prescribed medications on time as advised.
7. Can the sperm fall out?
No, sperms don't fall out after IUI.
8. Where is the sperm accumulated? How long sperm survive after timed intercourse of IUI?
Sperm accumulate in cervical crevices during intercourse and can survive for 72 hours
9. What is the method for sperm freezing, if a partner is not available at the IUI procedure time?
The semen sample is processed first in the laboratory and the semen wash is then frozen by putting this in liquid nitrogen. Thereafter, this frozen sample can be used anytime, like on the day of IUI even when a husband is not around.
10. How long frozen sperm can be stored?
Frozen sperms can be stored as long as desired.
11. Can using of frozen sperm increase the likelihood having a child with birth defects?
No, using frozen sperms does not increase chances of birth defects.
12. Do I need to take extra precautions after IUI?
No extra precautions are needed after IUI, just take the medicines on time as advised by the doctor.
13. How long does it take for fertilization and for implantation?
Fertilization takes roughly 12-18 hours and implantation occur around the 5th day after ovulation.
14. What kind of examination is usually done for an IUI cycle?
Ultrasound monitoring (transvaginal probe) is usually done in IUI cycles.
15. How long prior to an IUI should the couple abstain from intercourse?
An abstinence period of 2-3 days is advisable before IUI to get the best sperm sample from a partner.
16. What is 'washed' sperm?
'Washed sperm' is actually the processed semen prepared in the laboratory using various media. By this process, toxins and dead sperms are removed from semen so that it can be put directly in the uterine cavity.
17. What is donor IUI?
When husband semen has no sperms (azoospermia) then, sperms can be taken from sperm banks and IUI can be done, this is called a donor IUI.
18. After an IUI, how soon can I have intercourse?
After the IUI, there is no restriction to have intercourse.
19. Can IUI be used for gender selection?
NO, IUI cannot be used for gender selection.
20. Is the process painful?
NO, IUI process is not at all painful. It is equivalent to a gynecological examination.