Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sharmila Kulkarni
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sharmila KulkarniYour feedback matters!
I have 36 days cycle but this time 47 days over light spotting become next day more then I took hcg test is 23. 4mIU/ml after that no symptoms of pregnancy after a week I took urine test is negative. Now I'm pregnant or not.
My period misses very often. Sometime it crosses almost 2 months of time. But sometime it happened on time. I have low bp, low hemoglobin, low blood level in my body. Kindly suggest what to do? What diet I should maintain?
I had my period on 15th July last month. After 2-3 days of the completion of the period I had some kind of foreplay with my boyfriend. We haven't done the intercourse but he rubbed his genitals against mine. Is there any chance of getting pregnant. I am worried. Please help.
I am 30 years married female. This month my period is continuing since last 22 days. Its bleeding continuously since 22 days. I hvn't taken any OCP. Kindly suggest allopathic medicine for this.
Consuming a thing repeatedly turns into a habit and leads to addiction. Nowadays, most of the people including the youngsters are consuming the alcohol and tobacco which is really harmful to health. Once they start consuming and make it a habit they start depending on it and get addicted to it. This addition later becomes so difficult and impossible to end up. The more they try to end up with the habit, the more feeble they turn out. It is very much important and essential for us to know what are the sequels and effects of tobacco and alcohol.
BAD SEQUELS OF THE ALCOHOL
It destroys the inner coating of the intestines, liver and stomach
Elongated intake of alcohol leads to dysfunction in some cases
It decreases the ability, power of the muscles and circulation which leads to depression of the heart
It mitigates the powers of intellectual and memory
BAD SEQUELS OF TOBACCO OR SMOKING
Intake of excessive tobacco or smoking leads to disease such as
Ischaemic heart ailment which is a cardiovascular problem
Respiratory problems like Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease(COPD) and Chronic Bronchitis
Thromboangitis Obliterans and impotency
MEASURES TO OVERCOME ALCOHOL ADDICTION
In order to decrease the crave for alcohol drink a glass of orange juice before having breakfast or eat two to three oranges
Have two to three big cups of milk on a daily basis
Make tea using angelica herb three times in a day daily after having your meals
Take four to five dates, crush the dates and mix them in half a glass of water and drink this water twice daily for some months
Eat two or three apples in a day which will lessen the intoxication feeling which is caused by the alcohol
MEASURES TO OVERCOME THE DRUNKEN EFFECTS
Intake of frequent cold water
A tablespoon of honey three times in a day
Apply the cold cloth on the abdomen and head which reduces the intoxication
For those cases who vomit after consuming alcohol give them black coffee hot as much as he can drink
Mix three spoons of bitter guard juice in the buttermilk and drink it every morning for about a month
As we read this article we get to know that there are so many ways to overcome tobacco and alcohol addiction. So, it is never late even now. Follow the above tips and come out of the addiction though it may be a bit difficult but will give you the best results by making you lead a happy and a healthy life.
Doctor my wife is suffering from some white liquid is coming out from her vagina after periods & usually between 3-4 days gap.
I don't get to climax during sex with my partner. While he ended up with proper satisfaction. It's been 9 months to our marriage. Guide me.
Im 24 years old, my periods is delayed for 11 days. Should I hav nerothindrone or wait for them to occur naturally?
I have got baby through C section. On 7th day after delivery I had sex with my husband. Will that affect anything internally or externally?
Oh, it is that time of the month again! There are a lot of women (and men who deal with the women) who would have repeatedly said this when they are experiencing the premenstrual syndrome. Most women (and men!) get used to it and know how to deal with it. As the adage goes, this too shall pass!
The female body and mind are controlled by a whole lot of female hormones which affect her health. During the premenstrual phase, when there is a surge in the hormone levels, there are a set of symptoms which any woman dreads. These include increased mood swings, irritability, abdominal cramps, migraines, breast tenderness, food binging, and back pain to name a few. About 80% of the woman experience these, so it is common, yet easily manageable. Some of the best ways to deal with the PMS are listed below.
- Stay active: Moving in any way to keep the body in motion and energy flowing is the key to managing PMS. Whether aerobic exercise, dancing, jogging, swimming, or walking, whatever works for you, go ahead and take your pick. Getting at least 30 minutes of physical activity can help get rid of the anxiety and manage stress.
- Deep breathing: This is not just a way to give your body more oxygen and therefore energy, it also helps manage the abdominal bloating that is commonly seen during PMS. Deep breaths help in releasing the held up air, which causes the belly to soften.
- Quit smoking: Smoking women are twice as likely to experience PMS symptoms as nonsmokers. Period. Reason enough to quit smoking??!!
- Soak in the sun: The sun not just gives vitamin D, it also relieves PMS by soothing the effect of the hormones.
- Get creative: The reproductive organs are the ‘creators’ in you, so when the hormone levels are higher, your creative energies are higher too. Check out for yourself and you will find that you will be extra-good at drawing, singing, writing and painting during these days. They also take your mind off the stress and symptoms of PMS and make you feel good.
- Yoga: Yoga does wonders for PMS symptoms, and staying upside down works wonders for the woman’s body.
- Healthy diet: Eat clean, green foods during your cycles. Whole grains, leafy vegetables, fresh fruits, legumes and nuts should find their way into your plates. Reduce the whites – sugar, salt, white rice, and even dairy if possible. Drink loads of water and keep above-average hydration levels.
- Limit alcohol and caffeine: They may boost your feeling temporarily, but do a lot of harm, so avoid them.
So, while PMS is not rare, there are simple effective ways to manage it too. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!