Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sharada KulkarniYour feedback matters!
Last month my periods was late for 5 day s had cycloreg on 5th day n got my periods this month my periods were late for 8 days had cycloreg once on 8th day had my periods is there any side effects for this.
We must have always heard that maida (white flour) and products made from it are very harmful for our health. However, use of maida its products usage is increasing rapidly in our day-to-day life. Sometimes, we are consuming it in form of bread at our home and sometimes, in the market/food joints in form of fast foods.
Known as white poison, white flour is becoming necessity for all of us but it impacts our health drastically. It is very important to understand why it is bad and how much it can harm us so that we can improve our eating habits.
What is missing in maida (white flour: during processing of maida from wheat, endosperm of the wheat is removed from the germ (wheat germ) and the bran (wheat bran), which is very crucial for digestion. As all necessary nutrients are lost during processing of maida, foods made from it utilize nutrients from the body for absorption. As a result, our body gets depleted of vitamins and minerals. Few manufacturers attract customers by labeling their products as enriched flour, which is nothing, but adding 3-4 vitamins at the cost of 10 lost vitamins during processing.
White flour is tasty but not healthy: though foods made from maida like pizza, burger, donuts, bread, samosas, noodles, momos, panipuri, pastas etc are very tempting and tasty however, at the same time, consequences can not be ignored.
White flour regulates glucose/sugar in your body: whenever you consume foods that are made from maida, it releases sugar into your bloodstream quickly. Because of high glycemic index (gi) of maida, it spikes up your sugar levels. To match up with the sugar spike, pancreas has to over work to release insulin in sufficient quantity. If maida consumption is once in a while then pancreas can manage it however, in case of frequent consumption, insulin production will reduce gradually, finally making you diabetic.
As glucose loiters into your blood, it gets attached to proteins, which is called glycation which cause inflammation in the body and leads to many diseases like arthritis, cataract, heart diseases and the list goes on.
Eating maida also raises bad cholesterol (ldl) resulting many health issues like weight gain, high blood pressure, mood swings. Too much consumption of white flour its products leads to weight gain and you will soon progress toward obesity. Also, it keeps you feel hungry and makes you crave for sweets.
White flour is acidic: acidity is another problem. During refining process, all nutrients are removed and it becomes acidic in nature. As per research, diet high in acidic foods (e.g. Pizza, pasta, burger other white flour products) forces the body to pull calcium from bones to keep the things even, which affects bone density. Over-acidity is one of the major causes of chronic inflammation, and a major cause of arthritis and other chronic illnesses.
White flour creates digestive issues: white flour has been called the & glue of the gut. In today's world, so much food is made from white flour: breakfast food, snacks, pasta, bread, cereal and the list just continues. And it all turns to glue in the intestines. It is without fiber, it congests the system, slows down digestion creating a sluggish metabolism, and can often be the cause of weight gain, stress, headaches and migraines.
Follow these alternatives: for better health in longer run, you should completely avoid consuming white flour foods made from it. Instead, you can use some alternatives like for samosa, use wheat flour. For naan, mix one portion of millets (like jowar bajra) flour with wheat flour. Opt bread, noodles, pasta and macaroni made of wheat flour, which are easily available in food stores.
In case of any query or to book an appointment with dt. Silky mahajan please send us a mail at info@foodsandnutrition. In or call on 08067417780 (dial extension: 778)
I am 43 years old female. I had 4 miscarriages in the past, the last being in May 2015. DnC done on all cases. I have a fibroid as well but not disturbing me (except during pregnancy). In 2014 post my 3rd miscarriage, I was diagnosed with borderline hypothyroidism (i had a daily dosage of Thyroxine 25 mg). But in Jan 2015, the doc said my problem has been'corrected for life I feel alright now. But I have a swelling behind my left ear and on the left shoulder blade. Kind of glands. Is there anything I should worry about?
Liposuction is a process of fat removal from the body through means of suction. This process involves insertion of thin, small and blunt tubes through cuts and incisions on the skin. These tubes are then used to suck out the fats from your body.
There are multiple liposuction techniques such as:
- Laser assisted liposuction: In this technique, low energy waves are used to melt the fat which is then removed via the tubes inserted in the body.
- Tumescent liposuction: This procedure initially involves administration of local anesthesia to the part of the body where the tube will be inserted. A large amount of anesthetic solution is then injected into the fat tissues in the body before embarking on the traditional liposuction procedure. General anesthesia is not required for this procedure.
- Ultrasound assisted liposuction: In this technique, the fat is liquefied by using ultrasound waves. Using this technique, it is easier to remove fat from the sides of the body, upper abdomen and the back.
General info: The procedure is an outpatient procedure and generally does not require an overnight stay at the hospital. Usually local anesthesia is used in this procedure unless it is large amounts of fat that need to be worked on.
What is the objective?: The main purpose of the procedure is not to reduce weight, but to reshape certain parts of your body by getting rid of the fat. It is generally preferred for areas in your body which do not respond to either exercises or diet, such as the buttocks, upper arms and the legs. In some cases, it is combined with other procedures such as face lift, breast reduction and abdominoplasty.
What does it take care of?: Certain medical conditions such as fatty tumors, complications in fat metabolism and enlargement of the male breasts are treated by liposuction. You may notice an improvement in your body shape immediately after the procedure. The skin around the area where the procedure has been performed may turn loose and it may take a few months for the area to be normal again. After the procedure, a course of antibiotics may be prescribed to treat any infection that may occur. The recovery period is around a few days to one week. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
My daughter is 15 years old and 5 years back she started having periods. She got her last period after 50 days and now it is again late. It was due on march 22 and today is 2 April. She has not not been having any such problem before this. Pls suggest.
Is ED and PE curable. How i M 35 n suffering from both .m do a lot of work out.But somehow I have fear for sex whether I ll be able to perform. What is the best medicine sildenafil or tadalafil. I have performance phobia. As m patient of IBS I don't drink milk and use ssrl drugs peiscibed by doc. What are it's effects on my sex life and how to counter it's side effects. please suggest me the remedy as it's spoiling my self esteem and I am getting dependent on sildenafil and tadalafil. Will I get addicted to them. please help.
Why some mother's do not get normal milk production for breastfeeding like other mother's & have to giv top up milk?
I am 22 years old girl, I had an injury near my left breast 4 years back. But now I feel pain in that area I have painkillers bt no relief I get. I feel the pain while sleeping also. There is no mark but a very small lump I feel in my breast whenever I press that injured area. Please suggest me wht should I do or which specialist should I consult because nowadays m feeling the pain more frequently. Is there any tests required to detect the actual cause behind the pain? Please suggest me what should I do.
Libido or sex drive means the desire to have sex; there are a number of reasons that can lead to low libido. There are a number of methods by which you can increase your libido, some of them are:
- Exercise: Exercise is one of your major weapons against low libido; make sure to exercise on a regular basis as it helps in improving circulation in the body. Do various exercises such as squats and push-ups to improve your strength and endurance. It is known to increase production of sex hormones and endorphins in the body.
- Limit Smoking: Smoking cigarettes causes complications in the body as it is known to be a vasoconstrictor. The blood vessels tend to narrow, thus leading to damage in the arteries and veins. The veins of the penis may be damaged leading to sexual problems.
- Stress Reduction: You may adopt various techniques such as meditation and yoga to reduce stress levels in the body. Stress raises cortisol levels in the body which can hamper your sex life.
- Sleep: You need to sleep adequately and sleep sound as sleeping deficiency has been linked with erectile dysfunction. Sleep also revitalizes your body and releases beneficial hormones in the body.
- Restrict Alcohol Consumption: It is important that you restrict alcohol consumption as alcohol in excess may lead to obesity and other related disorders. It may also lead to mental health problems such as anxiety which can impair sexual drive.
- Cut Down on Coffee: Coffee is a known vasoconstrictor as it tends to narrow your blood vessels. It limits blood flow, thus may reduce your sex drive. Make sure you limit coffee intake to 1 or 2 cups of coffee to avoid the complications.
- Diet: Include plenty of vegetables and fruits in your diet to get the necessary nutrients in your diet. Vegetables such as cabbage and broccoli contain antioxidants that protect your body against free radical damage. Include oily fish such as salmon that is rich in omega 3 fatty acids because they help in improving sexual drive.
Hello, I and my partner have intercourse on 13 June, 1 Pm, but due to some reason protection failed, so because of fear she took ipill on 14 June, 9 AM, her period r regular on 22 but as today is 22 ipill is showing no reaction, her period does not come today I know we should wait but is there any chances of pregnancy after taking ipill within 20 hrs - - please tell I am worried please And I have calculated about safe period so does it make chances less.
I camplit 1.5 years married life but my wife not pregnant. Sir tell me Any mentally tension will effects to pregnancy? Give me solution,& what is the perfect timing of contact before period to get pregnancy.
Respected sir, mai puchna chahta hu ki kya period start hone k thk 3 din pahle bina precaution sex krne k bad lgatar agr period 3 months tk apne time s aye or 4 mahine agr miss ho jaye to kya pregnant hone ka khtra h( in 4 mahino m sex nhi kiya gya) please help. Thank you.
Benefits of eating sprouts early in the morning
Sprouts can be home-made and they make one of the healthiest breakfasts to begin the day with.
Top 4 reasons to start your day with a bowl of sprouts.
- Beneficial in weight loss: Sprouts are high in fiber content and hence beneficial in weight loss because they help in breaking down the fat in our bodies and flushing them out.
- Rich in vitamins: Most of your required dose of vitamins can be fulfilled by sprouts since they have vitamins a, b-complex, c and d.
- Add vigor: Sprouts are also known to be rejuvenating foods and add vigor to our bodies.
- Easy to digest: They are easy to digest and can be eaten by the young and the old too.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on consult.