Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ShaminiYour feedback matters!
I am having problem of pcod for last 8 years .i got conceived in years 2012 with the medicine but suffers miscrage after 3 months of pregnancy since then unable to conceive now my hsg test shows blockage of both fallopian tubes. My gyne gives us two options either we go for laparoscopic surgery or go for ivf directly instead of surgery .i wanted to know which is better option or is there any complications in during pregnancy if I conceive thru ivf by avoiding surgery. Pls advice as earliest?
An recent ultrasound revealed that I had bipolar polycystic ovaries. Does this syndrome cause weight gain? If it does how can I lose weight? My menstrual cycle is regular.
Boy having sex with 2 girls or more. Any problems to having sex with more girls. Without wearing condom from long time. Please suggest.
I got my baby delivered 9 month back but since then I lost my energy and stamina in me. Get exhausted very. Please provide me solution to my problem.
Many women experience unusual vaginal bleeding between periods at some point in their lives. It is also known as metrorrhagia. Vaginal bleeding is thought to be abnormal in the following cases:
1. When your menstrual period is not expected
2. When your menstrual flow is lighter or heavier than normal
3. At unexpected stages in life. For example, when you are pregnant or after you have attained menopause.
Bleeding during periods is not a normal condition. Usually, the duration of the cycle is about 21 – 35 days. Abnormal vaginal bleeding has numerous conceivable causes. Independently, it doesn't show a genuine condition.
- Mid-cycle bleeding can be caused due to ovulation.
- Two hormones that regulate the menstrual cycle are progesterone or oestrogen. A condition of hormonal imbalance which is known as Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOs) causes interference with normal ovulation. This results in problems in thyroid glands as well as causes dysfunctional ovaries.
- Medications such as birth control pills are capable of causing abnormal bleeding, especially with the irregular intake of such medications.
- Infections or inflammation caused in the pelvic regions such as uterus, vagina, cervix, ovaries or fallopian tubes are capable of causing abnormal bleeding. STIs (Sexually Transmitted Diseases) and PIDs (Pelvic inflammatory disease) are often the cause of such a condition.
- Although Cancer is not one of the primary causes, cancer in organs such as the uterus, vagina, cervix and ovaries are capable of causing abnormal bleeding during periods.
How it can prevented
- Maintaining a healthy diet. Women who are either underweight or overweight tend to have more problems with abnormal bleeding
- Relaxation practices should be followed so that stress is reduced. Stress can cause abnormal bleeding.
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAID) should be consumed to reduce menstrual bleeding. Examples are ibuprofen or naproxen.
- In case of consumption, birth control pills should be taken as per the prescription only and regularly at the same time.
- Hormone therapy (using external hormones in a medical treatment) can be used in order to regulate menstrual cycles, stabilize the endometrium which is the lining of the uterus as well as to rectify hormonal imbalances. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.
Hello Ma'am, I am planning to conceive from last Feb 16. 3 months back I was detected with thyroid, I have no irregular periods, My thyroid levels are normal now, then my scan shows I have hydrosalphinx in my left fallopian tube, it is dilated, then I had taken Xray to find our my tubes are blocked or not. They are open. Will I become pregnant.
Can anyone make sexual relationship with his wife, when his wife pregnant and is it harmless ,how many times he can make this relationship during this time?
I had intercourse with my girl yesterday morning.I used two condoms jst as a precaution.I dint completely insert myself into her i was near the brim.But i found a whittish slimy fluid on the outer layer. It thought it was my sperm at first but when i examined the condoms they were not deffective.She says tat she has been suffering from mild stomach aches near her belly bottom since that morning.I wasnt aware of this and so we had intercourse today evening again.It was later that she called me and informed me that her stomach ache had aggrevated.Today i found slight traces of blood on the condoms.She says that she is having mild bleeding and a stomach ache.I was wanting to know what to do!
Sir I had a sex with my 20 years old girlfriend and I have kissed her at her private parts (pussy) I had a oral sex with her some of her liquid sperm I gulp into my mouth and she also did the same . Actually apart from sex we had a oral sex also. Is there any problem?
As my friend and her boyfriend doesn't have sexual intercourse but is their any chance of getting pregnant with inserting finger and she had period last month but this Month she missed her period and she gain weight also please suggest.
I had mtp in 20 days of pregnancy after that my bleeding was not stopping till 1 month I bleed for which I took trenaxa now my bleeding is stopped but there is some brown color fluid coming out means 1-3 drops in a day and sometimes I feel mild stomachache .My ultrasound and CBC report is normal Which I have earlier shown to my doctor .Can you please help me out with this I am scared of if it is associated with cancer and why it's not stopping. If it could be an infectious condition please tell me some medicine.
Mujhe period aane ke ek do din baad pet me left side niche ki taraf dard hota hai. Sath sath pairo m bhi dard hota hai. Kya ye gaistic ka dard hai ya kuch or. please help.
Calcium Defiency in women
Diet is a well balanced food combination which should be tailored according to personal needs and as circumstances changes specially. The wrong food can fail to nourish us, can keep us awake at night, make us sluggish and overweight or tense us up;
Major points to be kept in mind to plan our diet are:
- Personal Needs.
- Stages of our life.
- Genetic and temperament conditions.
- Clinical condition.
- Personal needs are likes, dislikes and your time availability
- Stages of our life we are in is very important as age plays a major role. So, supplement and manipulation of food group depends on our age.
There are many health problems those arise because of lifestyle we follow:
- Posture-related problems.
- Mental health disorders, like depression and anxiety.
- Heart disease.
- High blood pressure.
- Abnormal heart beats.
- Menstrual problems.
- Acne and other skin problems.
Common deficiencies noted in women are:
Vegetarian and non - vegetarian diet have their unique role in maintaining bone mineral metabolism of body.
- Calcium Deficiency in women makes entire matrix of the bone week, therefore keeping check of calcium in our diet can prevent women from osteoporosis in later ages after menopause. Calcium is the most abundant mineral in the human body, with over 99% of the amount present is being found in the bones and teeth. After the age of 35, both men and women start losing calcium from their bones. During menopause, however, the rate of loss increases rapidly for women. It also has a role to play in nerve function, blood clotting, muscle health, and other areas.
- Source of calcium
- Seeds-sesame ,sunflower , cheese
- Soya bean and their products
- Sources of protein: like fish, meat, Poultry, eggs are also important.
- Source of vitamin-D: Vitamin D can be obtained from sun exposure, food like eggs, mushrooms, orange and fish.
- Source of Phosphorus: Phosphorus is found in high amounts in protein rich foods such as milk and milk products and meat and alternatives, such as beans, lentils, nuts, Sunflower Seeds and Broccoli.
Common menstrual problems faced by women are cramps, pcod, menorrhagia, and amenorrhea.
Certain foods like caffeine, alcohol, caffeinated tea and high salt diets increases intensity of cramps. Include 'Ca' rich foods like broccoli, low fat yoghurt, high fiber diets and omega-3 rich foods to help you during your menstrual cycle.
Working women should Try to include energy booster snacks like nuts for mid meals and plan carbohydrate rich diets with more of complex carbs in form of roasted grains and cereals bars. Keeping a check on amount of water intake is also very important. Replace caffeinated drinks with herbal infusion and buttermilk for detoxification of the body.
Ultimately we have to overcome the fatigue, lethargy and all the clinical condition by planning our meals and having a well balanced diet for a healthy body.