Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. ShaminiYour feedback matters!
I am 55 and having high sugar especially in the morning (fasting) ranging from 110 to 140. I have been given Januvia medicine od for the last 7 days but sugar level has merely affected. During the day the sugar level is normal ie upto 140-145. Earlier I had taken Glyciphage tablet OD for a period of few months but sugar level remained more or less same. Pl. Advise.
M having redness in the vaginal region. I always feel wet and itchy dre! If I do fingering. Sometimes sensation reduce bt sometimes it bcme more itchy. Vulva are also enlarged. What to do?
Adding giloy satva with prawal pishti, sitopaladi powder, chanderkala rasa etc and giving with different vehicles (e. G. Honey, gulkand, milk, water etc) have different kind of effects and are selected on the basis of condition and current symptoms.
Usual dose is 1/2 gm to 1 gm.
Very safe. No side effects.
We seem to be making wrong choices unwittingly when it comes to facts. An egg yolk may be high in cholesterol but it is rich in vitamins a, e, k and d. Egg yolk is also a rich source of iron phosphorus foliate and vitamin b6 and b12. Similarly prawns and crabs are rich in protein and other nutrients good for the body
In this series of sections on Weight gain - We will discuss Basic Rules to follow for Muscle Building
Gradually increase your calorie intake
Eating 5 to 6 meals a day. In order to gain weight, start eating 5-6 meals a day by breaking them into parts. Eating a lot at once may cause indigestion if the body fails to absorb all nutrients. Eat in small amounts, even if you are not hungry and there will be an increase in appetite from day to day.
- Eat healthy and timely
- Have a balanced diet with heavy foods like - starchy vegetables, dense fruits, added oils and creamy soups
- Have foods rich in protein, avoid watery fruits and veggies
- Avoid trans-fats
- Do not binge, pace yourself through your diet regime
- Have dietary supplements and protein shakes
- Start weight training, Workout your entire body
If you build your muscles through weight training, it will convert the extra weight into lean body mass and also stimulate your appetite. The extra muscle increases the rate of metabolism.
When you start exercising you will often experience extreme muscle soreness but it goes away in 3-5 days.
A lot of people focus only on training the muscles on their arms, chest, and shoulders and this is a grave error. Firstly, it will give you a disproportionate body; and it will make you prone to injuries. Therefore, it's important to work out the entire body for a complete and balanced look.
Be patient and believe in yourself
Gaining weight quickly in a healthy manner is unrealistic. Every body type is different and it takes months to gain weight. Living healthy by eating the right diet will increase your strength. It is also important to keep following the routine even if you don't see any gains.
Things to remember
- Stop eating junk food, eat healthily
- Hydrate yourself well
- Rapid weight gain may cause stretch marks
- Be careful when choosing fatty foods as overindulging in them can lead to heart diseases and type 2 diabetes
- Overeating may cause bloating, stomach aches and cramps
Remember, all through the process of changing your body to what you wish requires great hard work, dedication, and motivation. With the right attitude and the overall aim of building a healthy body rather with patience pays out well than short term gain or synthetic means.
Hi doctor, I am a girl and of age 17. I had spent private time with my boyfriend but we didn't have sex. We were naked and he was naked over me and to some extent I think that his wet penis got rubbed in my vagina. So is there a chance of me getting pregnant? please help me I am really very worried.
My sister is 21 year old. She is suffering from jaundice. Her last bilirubin test report was 2.66. Her previous report was 8.64. Which got lowered to 2.66 she was having medicine sorbolin n liv52. She didn't have fever in this whole period of 20 days. Suddenly today she is having 102 fever. Way can be done now? Can paracetamol be given in this jaundice with fever phase? Require help as soon as possible.
I am 13 week pregnant. My report say my Trisomy T21 is 1: 264 & Trisomy T18/T13. <1: 100000. It's my screening test report kindly suggest what precaution should I take.
Hello Dr. I am having unprotected sex with my wife from almost 9 months but from some days I am getting some itching problem in my penis and there is white white type something comes on forehead of penis. please suggest.
After masturbation, a blister or tumor arises around the outer vaginal part, is there any home remedy for this? What is the reason for such prblm?
I have started having an itching problem in private parts. It occurs specially after periods, and persists for longer time. One of my family doctor has suggested to use V wash and surfaz d . Though it works in reducing the itching but problem is not cured. Please suggest.
1. Lead in drinking water is absorbed more completely than lead in food
2. It account for more than 50 percent of the lead that is ingested by children
3. Municipal water supplies are controlled and regulated to prevent contamination at the source
4. However, once the water reaches the home, it is rarely regulated, tested, or treated.
5. EPA action level for lead in water is 15 parts per billion (ppb).
6. Most lead-contamination of household water is caused by copper plumbing that is joined with lead solder
7. Lead pipes may contribute to lead-contamination, but lead plumbing usually is old enough to have its inner surface coated with mineral deposits, which prevent leaching of lead into the water supply.
8. Other potential sources for lead contamination include storage cisterns, sources of water that are outside the municipal water districts, and aging water coolers and water heaters, particularly in areas where the water has a relatively low pH
9. Acidity and elevated temperature increase the ability of the water to leach lead from the solder or pipes, as does standing in the pipes for extended periods of time (eg, overnight).
10. The ability of home water filters or purifiers to remove lead depends upon the type of filter. Ion-exchange, reverse-osmosis filters, and distillation are effective in removing lead, but the most commonly available home filters (glass fiber and carbon) usually include packaging material that specifies that they do not efficiently remove heavy metals.Water to be used for cooking or drinking should come from the cold tap because hot water is more able to leach lead from the pipes. In addition, the water should be run for some time before it is collected; this flushes the water that has a higher lead content (caused by standing in the pipes) down the drain
I am 19 years old I suffered from pcos problem so, I have pimples all over my face and the scars and hair fall also. I couldn't bear it please tell me the best solution.
The body has multiple chemicals called hormones, which regulate many of its functions. Increased or decreased levels of these hormones affect various functions including metabolism, growth and sexual functions. Thyroxin produced by the thyroid (situated in the front of the neck) is one such hormone, which has a significant role to play in metabolism.
Graves’ disease is one of the main causes of hyperthyroidism, where there is excessive production of thyroid hormones. Graves’ disease is an autoimmune disorder, wherein the body reacts against its own tissues. It is very common in women than men, especially after 20 years of age. Family history also has a strong correlation in developing Graves’ disease. The high levels of thyroid hormone increase the rate of metabolism, thereby altering weight, mental energy levels, physical stamina, and also mood.
Thyroid hormone is related to metabolism and more amount of it lead to higher metabolism. This causes the following symptoms.
- Intolerance to heat
- Excessive sweating
- Nervousness and anxiety
- Inability sleep, as the mind is always excited
- Increased appetite (sometimes despite weight loss) due to higher metabolism
- Irregular menstrual cycles
- Palpitations (rapid, loud heartbeat)
- Irregular heartbeats (tachyarrhythmia)
- Fine tremors of the extended arms
- Breast enlargement in men, known as gynecomastia
- Extreme moodiness, causing irritability and anger
- Inability to focus and concentrate
- General fatigue and shortness of breath with any exertion
- Increased frequency of bowel movements
In addition, the eye symptoms are quite diagnostic including:
- Protrusion of the eyes (exophthalmos), giving an impression that they are going to fall out
- Double vision
- Excessive tearing
- Increased irritation in the eyes
Diagnosis: The first symptom would be the presence of an enlarged thyroid gland (front of the neck above the collarbone), and the some of the above symptoms would be present.
In addition, tests to check for thyroid gland functioning including T3 and T4 levels would reveal increased amounts of hormone in the blood stream.
As a confirmatory test, the radioactive iodine uptake test also is done, which will indicate increased uptake by the thyroid gland. This indicates that the gland is functioning at an increased pace and requires additional iodine for the production of thyroid hormones.
Treatment: There are two approaches to it, one to control the symptoms and the other to control the thyroid gland per se.
- Beta blockers are very useful in controlling rapid heart rate and anxiety.
- Prednisone may be used to control eye irritation and swelling
- Antithyroid drugs are used to control the production of thyroid
- Radioactive iodine is given orally to control excessive thyroid production
- In severe cases, thyroid gland may be surgically removed partially or completely
Graves’ disease is not life-threatening and once symptoms are controlled, the patient’s quality of life improves drastically. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a endocrinologist.