Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Shami GoyankaYour feedback matters!
I'm having severe toothache, filling came out and infection is very high. I am taking cap-mox and tab- crocin which gives me mild relief for 2 3 hrs only. I am 4 months pregnant. Can I go for tooth extraction or RCT at this stage? Will it affect my baby?
My teeth is very yellowish what type purpose for whiteness please give some giedlise for white teeth also pain in teeth.
I am male 31yrs. I have bleeding gums and they frequently bleed. One time I had fever and was given antibiotics. Surprisingly my bleeding stopped during that time. But now it has started again. Can you please suggest me any antibiotic toothpaste or mouthwash which can be purchased in INDIA. Betadine doesn't solve the issue. Thanks.
I had percutaneous injury while extracting molar tooth of HIV positive child (Child's CD4 count is 650 and is on ART). Injury is superficial but was bleeding, I immediately removed gloves and washed in running water for about 2 mins. Do I need PEP ?
1) Heat applied to hair
2) No moisture
3) Tight hairstyles
4) Overuse of chemicals in the form of Shampoo and dyes.
5) Wrong combs.
I lately developing brown colour plag or dot in base of lower front teeth? That looks creepy and I don't smoke or not even gutkha and all.
M aged 52. Full scaling done but after 3 months there seems bleeding in gums. Gums are very weak. What to do ? Please suggest.
I am suffering from teeth pain and loose gums problems, my some teeth are moving sometimes, I tried my toothpaste, suggest me some toothpaste which can make my gums grip strong.
Bad breath, also known as halitosis, can occur due to a multitude of reasons and is quite disconcerting. Chewing gum, using breath mints and mouthwash are just temporary solutions as they do not address the problem. Read on more to find all about the different causes, symptoms of bad breath and also about their prevention.
- Food: If food particles, which are stuck in and around your teeth start decaying, they promote bacterial growth, which causes a foul odor in the mouth. Eating certain foods, such as spices, onion and garlic also cause foul odor.
- Tobacco products: Smoking and chewing tobacco not only causes gum disease, but also causes a foul odor to be present, thus causing bad breath.
- Poor dental hygiene: If you do not brush daily, food particles in your mouth get stuck in your mouth between the teeth in particular, which decay and cause bad breath. A form of bacteria known as plaque forms over the teeth, which over time decays teeth and also causes foul breath.
- Dry mouth: A medical condition known as dry mouth, also known as xerostomia can contribute to bad breath as in this condition; the amount saliva produced from the salivary glands is reduced. This results in the growth of bacteria, which causes bad breath.
- Medications: Some medications can cause foul breath in an indirect manner as they cause dry mouth as a side effect, which in turn causes bad breath. Other medications break down in your body and the chemicals, which the medicine contains can be carried on your breath.
Dentists would usually rate the odor from your mouth either by smelling or by using certain sophisticated odor detectors. The back of the tongue is often the source of smell and the dentist is also likely to scrape the region and rate its odor.
- Maintaining oral hygiene: If the bad breath is due to the formation of plaque, brushing and flossing on a regular basis will prevent its growth, thus reducing or eliminating bad breath. Using mouthwashes also kills bacteria, hence eliminating the bad breath causing bacteria from your mouth.
- Treatment of dental disease: Gum disease can also cause bad breath as in this disease, the gums pull away from the teeth, which gives scope for bacterial growth causing bad breath. Treating gum disease, thus would also eliminate the scope for bacterial growth and eliminate bad breath at the same time.