Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Shakifa AnsariYour feedback matters!
My wife is diagnosed by PCOS. We came to know this week when we went to a see a gyno. I am worried about her health n know any complications as Google and forums are scaring a lot.
This my friend and actually she as low hemoglobin and now add to it she got low BP I don't What to do feeling a lot and she is A-. She be coming tried sooner and not eating properly please someone help me.
I have pcod. M taking metmorfin 500 mg 2 times a day and krimson 35. The day before yesterday my 21 day pill pack ended and yesterday my partner rubbed his unprotected penis on my butt. Is their any possibility if he didn't ejaculate to get pregnant? Is it possible if there was sperm in precum (though he went for toilet many times before the act) to flow inside vagina and m on pill and still can get pregnant? I was taking krimson 35 from november and I generally got my menses on the third day after stopping the pill for the month of nov. But today is the fourth day and I still haven't got any menses. I had cetrizine along with krimson as well as my skin treatment is going on (tab minoz er 65 & patadin) will these medicine reduce the effectiveness of krimson? Do I need to worry at all?
I'm 25 years old, i'm trying to conceive in 3 years but no result and my reports are all normal, like FSH, HSG, TSH and my husband reports sperm count is 75%. And what's my problem? I'm so worry about this.
I have a long standing greenish yellow discharge problem that itches but without smell. Tried different antibiotics and vaginal pessary but it comes back. It's been almost two years now. I'm 27 years female. Please suggest me effective cure and home care and diet too. Thank you.
I am 27 years old married, In April 6th I had my periods then again on 28th I got it, but that time the bleeding was somewhat dark and dusty and it continued for 2 days only, normally it goes till 5-6 days. I visited the gynecologist, she suggested for an ultrasound, and in the report it was a" dominant follicle in left ovary" so she told there is no problem, if the periods happens within 21-35 days then nothing to worry. But today on 12th May again I got my periods (after 15 days), and this time the blood is red only, is there anything to worry about? What should I do? And one more thing to notice I have pain in my breasts after 28th April, doctor examined that too and told there is no problem, is that normal?
Doctor, I made an unprotected sex with my girlfriend during the second last day of her period. "But I didn't ejaculated. During that time she had consumed pills to due the periods. Next day after sex she was menstruated. That was her last period. After that last periods, she is not getting menstruated. 10 days of delay happened till this date. I'm afraid of pregnancy due to pre ejaculation. Can you please clarify my doubt? Is there any chance of pregnancy? How can it be tested with homemade method? Could please give a CLEAR answer. Please.
How to avoid severe menses pain after marriage without pain killer because I got married on sep but last month I am taking pain killer during menses time. Will it affect pregnancy? IS THAT THE REASON THAT I AM NOT GETTING PREGNANT YET. Please help.
I am 33 years old. And we are searching a baby. I have been married for 9 yrs. We took long time to have baby as for settlement. My period is irregular. What should I do for get a soon pregnant? thank you.
Hi. I want to know, what should girl do when she get pregnant and 1month had passed unfortunately and she want to do abortion without telling to her family secretly? Tell me about home remedy or some medicine for this problem, please.
Recently for the first time experienced breast milk she has been undergone family planning surgery at the age of 28 years has 2 children. Recently had a breast infection with pus formation. And have taken antibiotics for same. Now she's concerned about the unusual breast milk for the first time is it common or to be taken to Dr? Please answer.
Promotes digestion: apples are rich sources of insoluble fiber. So, it is no wonder that eating apples during pregnancy help in promoting digestion and providing better metabolism in pregnant women. It also helps in reducing intestinal disorders.
* power food: apples are nature's own power food. The benefits of eating apples during pregnancy include providing the body with quick energy due to its carbohydrate content. An added benefit is that apples have very less calorie content.
* healthy heart pregnant women run a risk of heartburn due to the high blood pressure and acidity. Eating apples during pregnancy ensures the health and strength of your heart and reduces the risk of heartburn.
During periods my daughter is suffering from acute pain acute to acute (which doctors call endrowmetrosis and adinomyosis combined) since four years.She is not able to conceave. No chidren. Married on 12.04.2003.No parental family history since last almost 60 years. Total vegitarian. Any remedy
The usage of “9 months” with pregnancy is almost universal. However, it is not always that all women go through the entire 9 months with the baby. Most often, delivery happens during the 37th to 40th weeks. This allows for the complete growth of the baby within the mother’s womb. When delivery happens before the 37th week, it is known as preterm delivery or premature labour. These babies may not be completely formed and may have temporary or long-term difficulties after birth.
There are many reasons which can induce premature labour, and while some are preventable, some may be inevitable.
- Smoking: One of the first things to do when planning a pregnancy or as soon as you realise you are pregnant is to quit smoking. It is way too damaging for the mother and the baby within.
- Alcohol consumption or street drug usage: These again can cause not just premature labour but also developmental abnormalities.
- Multiple pregnancy: Women pregnant with twins or multiples often have premature labour.
- Health problems: Medical conditions like hypertension, diabetes, infections, etc.
- Abnormalities: Developmental abnormalities in the newborn like Down’s syndrome, chromosomal abnormalities, etc.
- Weight: Being either obese or underweight can cause premature labour.
- Prenatal care: While preparing for pregnancy or as soon as you confirm it, ensure you put yourself in the hands of a good gynaecologist. This will ensure you (and your baby) get the required care.
- Less gap: Reduced gap between subsequent pregnancies can also induce premature labour.
Warning signs of premature labour
In some women, the doctor might be able to predict the chances of a premature labour and give enough suggestions to look out for warning signs. This will help the woman to be mentally prepared when it is time.
A low backache, which is constant and does not go with usual relief measures.
- Frequent pelvic contractions (about every 10 minutes)
- Vaginal leaking (fluid or bleeding)
- General ill-feeling with symptoms of nausea, cramps, and vomiting/diarrhoea.
- Inability to hold down fluids for a full day
- Abdominal cramps, similar to a period
- Pelvic pressure, a feeling of the baby descending down
What to do?
As mentioned earlier, if your doctor had warned you of the chances of a preterm labour, watch out for them after 35 weeks.
- With any of the above symptom, do not indulge in any activity and rest on the left side for a while.
- Drink about 2 to 3 glasses of juice or plain water.
- If the symptoms get better, continue to rest for the day.
- If they do not, call the doctor. Usually, the doctor will ask you to come to the clinic.
- In some cases, the baby might be delivered and require neonatal care for some days (to weeks) depending on development and symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
I am 19 years old. My boyfriend and I had romance for sometime but after that we crossed our limits. He ejaculates on my breast I touched it and after few minutes I touched my vagina. I took niel72 pill after 24 hrs will there be a chance for my pregnancy.
My wife's periods stops from last month. We checked there is no pregnancy. Can you please tell us what is, the problem.
Indian diet plan for mother after cesarean delivery is made after considering the following points. The menu for a mother after a c-section is planned after taking in to consideration the needs of the mother and the child. The meals should consist of the following nutrients
Eating a protein rich diet is a great way of healing the tissues and it is very important for the healthy growth of your baby. Proteins also help in maintaining the muscles after the surgery. Eggs supply zinc and proteins to your body. Fish is also rich in omega-3 fatty acids which are very beneficial for your health.
Sources of protein – include foods such as eggs, chicken, fish and meats if you are a non-vegetarian. Vegetarians should eat dairy foods like milk and cheese, dried beans, peas, and nuts
Vitamins should be taken in sufficient quantity since they contain lot of antioxidants which help in repairing tissues. It also helps in producing collagen in the body which helps to build new scar tissues, tendons and skin.
Sources of vitamins- eat fruits and vegetables that are rich in vitamin c, such as melons, oranges, papayas, strawberries, grapefruits, tomatoes, sweet potatoes and broccoli.
The mother loses a lot of blood during and after childbirth and thus the iron reserve in the body needs to be replenished. Lack of iron can make you weak and lethargic. Eat foods that are rich in iron. Take care not to eat excess quantities of iron since it can lead to constipation.
Sources of iron – include walnuts, red meat, oysters, dry fruits, figs, beef liver and dried beans.
Calcium helps in relaxing the muscles, promoting bone and teeth health, in blood coagulation and in preventing osteoporosis. Milk should be had sparingly since it is a very good source of calcium and facilitates the production of milk for the baby. Yogurt is another way to supply calcium to your body. Yogurt also contains zinc and the most advantageous thing about it is that it can be consumed with a variety of dishes.
Sources of calcium – the mother should include milk, cheese, yoghurt, spinach, kale and tofu to supplement the intake of calcium.
Fiber is required so that you do not suffer from constipation. Constipation can put undue pressure on the wounds. Fibrous fruits are not only very nutritious, but they also help to avoid constipation.
Sources of fiber – eat lots of raw vegetables and fruits as salad in order to add roughage to your diet.
Water and fluids:
Breastfeeding can make you exhausted and thirsty. The mother should take plenty of fluids in order to ease bowel movements and to produce sufficient quantity of milk for the little one. You can drink low-fat milk since it is easier to digest. Take special care to avoid caffeine. Caffeinated drinks include cold drinks, coffee, energy drinks, tea, carbonated drinks.
Sources of fluids – Non-citrus fruit juices, soups, coconut water, herbal teas and buttermilk. Green teas are allowed too if you consume the decaffeinated ones.
Foods that increase milk production in lactating mother:
Garlic (lehsun), fenugreek leaves and seeds (methi), fennel seeds (saunf), cumin seeds (jeera), sesame seeds (til), almonds (badaam), bottlegourd (lauki), ridge gourd (torui), spinach (palak), orange lentils (masoor dal), oats and daliya.
Foods to avoid after c-section:
- The activity level is low after delivery since you are advised to rest. Avoid all fatty foods and junk foods. These will only add on to the weight. Avoid eating spicy foods since they can cause gastric trouble. Your baby might also get the flavor in his milk.
- Citrus juices and carbonated drinks should be kept at bay since they can cause flatulence and gas.
- Caffeinated drinks such as tea and coffee should be taken in moderation only since these are diuretics. These drinks are high in caffeine and can cause problems in your baby’s growth.
- It is better to stay away from alcohol as it can impair the mother’s ability to breast feed and can cause developmental problems in the baby.
- Avoid gas forming foods like urad dals, chola, rajma, chawali, channa, besan, pickles, green peas, dry peas. Vegetables like cauliflower, cabbage, bhindi, broccholi, onions are better avoided for the first 40 days. Later on, they can be introduced in the mother’s diet slowly.
- Avoid any sort of fried food. They are very difficult to digest in the first 40 days and can lead to gas and stomach ache and burns.
- Avoid ghee and rice for the first 3-4 day after c- section. After 4 days you can start eating rice once a day. Unlike the myth that says you should not eat rice as the scar will not heal. This is true in case if the mother is diabetic, as high blood sugar levels will interfere in healing of scar, but for a non – diabetic average indian women this does not hold true.
- Very cold food and drinks. This restriction is imposed on mother just for precaution. If the mother catches cold, treatment becomes hard if she is breastfeeding. The medications are excreted in breast milk and the baby’s health gets affected too.