Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Shahnawaz KhanYour feedback matters!
Hello doc. I got red spots but not getting bleeding.In my usual cycle I used to get bleeding after spots but dis tym I got at 42 day. But no bleed. Nd I even not getting symptoms of pregnancy. Last 19 Nov I got periods wr are planning baby. After missed abortion, nd after 2 months we are trying for baby nd November month 3 Rd attempt. M worried. please suggest.
I am 25 years married girl. I have PCOD for past 3 years. I need to get pregnant. Give me some advice.
I am 33 years old, married in feb 2015, and my last periods was march 31st and still I have not got my periods and I have all the symptoms of pregnancy that is have giddiness, fully tiredness, feeling whole day sleepy, vomiting, very often using restroom all those things and still I have not done any tests due to my mother-in-law not letting me go out and do any thing, she is one money minded person and she doest want this to happen, so she is planning in all the ways to make me not to carry. This morning it started slight bleeding, im worried very much. Can you please tell me is there any problem, and at this stage can me and my partner have relationship and can I have only wheat flour chapatti as im increasing weight everyday as we are using only boiled rice at home. Please guide me in all these stituations.
Amenorrhea is a condition when a woman of childbearing age fails to menstruate. A woman normally menstruates every 23 to 35 days.The part of the brain called the hypothalamus regulates the menstrual cycle. The hypothalamus stimulates the pituitary gland. The pituitary gland lies just below the hypothalamus at the base of the brain.
There are two types of amenorrhea:
- Primary amenorrhea occurs when a woman has not had her first menstrual period (menarche) by age 15 or 16. This condition is also called delayed menarche. It is most often due to late puberty.This is fairly common in teenage girls who are very thin or very athletic. These young women are typically underweight.
- Secondary types of amenorrhea occurs when a woman has experienced menstrual periods, but stops menstruating for three or more consecutive months.
Secondary amenorrhea can be caused by:
- Pregnancy (the most common cause)
- Breast feeding
- Menopause, the normal age-related end of menstruation
- Emotional or physical stress
- Rapid weight loss
- Frequent strenuous exercise
- Hormonal birth control methods, including birth control pills, the patch and long acting progesterone.
- Polycystic ovary syndrome, a condition is associated with a tendency to be overweight, excessive body and facial hair and hormonal irregularities.
- Premature ovarian failure (menopause before age 40)
- Hysterectomy (surgical removal of the uterus)
- Abnormal production of certain hormones, such as testosterone, thyroid and cortisone.
- Tumors of the pituitary gland
Symptoms of Amenorrhea:
Hormone imbalances may cause amenorrhea together with:
- Excess body and facial hair
- Lowering of the voice
- Altered sex drive
- Breast milk secretions
- Weight gain
In order to diagnose your condition your doctor will ask you about:
- The date of your last menstrual period
- Whether you are sexually active
- Your birth control methods
- Your pregnancy history
- Your eating habits
- Rapid weight changes
- Obesity or extreme underweight
- Your typical monthly menstrual patterns
- The age when your mother entered menopause(In most cases it has been seen that, both mother and daughter will enter menopause at the same age)
- The amount of stress in your life and how you deal with it
- The types of medications you are taking
Treatment for amenorrhea:
The treatment for secondary amenorrhea varies depending on the underlying cause of your condition. Hormonal imbalances can be treated with supplemental or synthetic hormones. Your doctor may also want to remove ovarian cysts, scar tissue or uterine adhesions that are causing you to miss your menstrual periods.
I am 2 months pregnant. I ate King Mackerel fish (seer fish or vanjaram fish) during lunch today (approx 200 grams). Only after I ate it, I happened to see in internet that it is bad for baby due to high mercury levels. Now, what can be done to reverse the effect of that? Is it something serious to worry about?
Doctor, please tell me the name of regular contraceptive pill. We are doing intercourse regularly without condom. We don't want to use condom & ipill, unwanted-72 etc items.
My periods are delaying so much. Because I took I pill before 20 days. I cannot see any symptoms of pregnancy in me. So pls suggest me anything because it's more than 1 n half month now.
Is wife pregnant or not. We have taken home pregnancy test but second line appering lightly . Please advise
I love my friend n she to love's me .we both have interest to do sex but she is fearing about pregnancy she wants to do with me n is it safe to do sex . ? In which safe days we should participate with protected sex ?
its due to sex hormone changes in your body during that time mainly estrogen & FSH.
try to control your emotion by doing yoga- it acts like miracle. eyes closed & deep breathing in & out in the early morning makes you calm & control your sex steroid releasing hormones through hypothalamus.slow body twisting improves your circulation in lower abdominal organs.
for abdominal/breast pain-try to use home remedies like cold compress/ cold cod oil massage.
diet- raw onion and pumpkin seeds. flaxseed oil, evening primrose oil lavender and tea in the evening. try to have vegetables and fish- avoid meats.
**do not let your hormones to control your mind**
in severe cases, you may need medicines, consult your physician- we are always their to solve your problems.