Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shah Tushar ArvindYour feedback matters!
The moment you realize that you are going to be a mummy a lot of people start advising about healthy eating. What exactly is a healthy plan for pregnant women? It is very important for the mother to eat a balanced diet. Aiming to eat a healthy and balanced pregnancy diet that includes- one third of most meals should be starch-based foods (such as cereals, potatoes, rice, and wheat pasta), with fruit and vegetables. Keeping it fiber rich, good sources are wholegrain breads as well as fruit and vegetables. Eat some protein foods such as fish, pulses, chicken, etc, every day. Choose lean meat. Try to avoid adding fat - for example, by not frying food. A total weight gain of 11-16 kg over the pregnancy is normal.
Include Foods with plenty of Iron, Calcium and Folic acid -
- Iron is mainly found in non vegetarian sources, pulses, dried fruit, green leafy vegetables, soybeans and fortified cereals.
- Calcium is mainly found in dairy products such as milk, cheese, and yoghurt, green leafy vegetables, soybean and seeds.
- Folic acid is mainly found in green vegetables, brown rice, and fortified cereals.
- Fish- in general, fish is a good source of protein and other nutrients. However, there are some important exceptions. Some types of fish contain a high level of mercury which can damage the developing nervous system of an unborn baby. Because of this, the Food Standards Agency (FSA) advises: Not to include eat any marlin or swordfish. Limit tuna - eat no more than 140 g or two fresh tuna steaks per week.
- Oily fish, includes- mackerel, sardines, salmon, trout and fresh tuna- not more than two helpings in a week.
- Foods and drinks to be avoided
- Food sources high in Listeria. Listeria is a germ (bacterium). Pregnant women are more likely to become infected with listeria and it sometimes causes complications. Foods which are most at risk of carrying listeria are: Undercooked meats and eggs, raw shellfish and raw fish and unpasteurized milk.
- Limit the amount of Caffeine to no more than 300 mg per day.
It is recommended that you visit a nutrition expert who can understand your daily requirements and activities and suggest a nutrition diet plan as per the same. The expert shall also consider your medical history and understand if you have a tendency to put on weight. A comprehensive pregnancy diet plan helps a woman relive stress and the right balance of antioxidants helps balance the body.
I am married since 4 years. I tried not to concieve for 1 year and than I tried to conceive buy till date not succeeded. Need an advise a proper way to to conceive a child.
I have an irregular period and intercourse was done nearly very close to the date of periods. The 2 nd and the 3 rd semen was consumed. What are the symptoms of pregnancy. Is the chances to get pregnant very less? And when does fertilisation occur and when is it okay to find the accurate pregnancy result. What's the percentage of getting pregnant as the semen consumed wasn't removed after intercourse.
I am not pregnant but I am producing milk from breast also I am never doing sex. I do not know why this happened pls consult me, also pls tell me the medicine name if required.
I am 19yrs. But my periods are not continuing since 5 months. I tried many things but did not work. I didn't had sex so I am confident of not being pregnant. I am worried if this will lead to something worse please help with some good remedies and suggestions. I can not inform my parents because they are quite hypocrites. Hope you understand the problem and help me. v
Doctor My daughter is 9 years 6 months and she entered her puberty cycle. Is this normal and also we are strict vegetarian.
I'm 23 years old. While doing romance with my boyfriend we do everything except intercourse. He use jerk and sometimes soon sperm comes out. He uses tissue to wipe. On that time he used to finger me with same hand without washing it. I was afraid to get pregnant with his act. Is it possible? Accidentally to get pregnant? I'm still virgin.
The sciatic nerve is one of the largest nerves in the body. It goes from the lower back all the way down to the base of the leg. When there is a disorder associated with the sciatic nerve, it is known as Sciatica.
Sciatica, however, does not necessarily need a surgery or a very elaborate procedure to fix the problem. Most commonly, it is treated simply by practicing a number of simple exercises. Here are some of the most common exercises prescribed to treat Sciatica:
- Reclining Pigeon Pose: There are three main forms of the pigeon pose. These are sitting, reclining and then forwarding. It is recommended that if you have very recently started your treatment for Sciatica, then certainly you should go for the reclining pose. In this pose, you are supposed to hold your left leg in the air at a right angle to your back. Then, hold your ankle against the knee. Finally, repeat this stretch with the right leg as well.
- Knee to Opposite Shoulder: In this stretch, the starting position is on your back side. You have to have your legs out and feet upwards. From this position, try to bring your right leg towards your left shoulder. Hold this for 30 seconds and then release and relax. Repeat this activity three times and repeat the whole procedure with your other leg. Only take your leg as far as it goes.
- Sitting Spinal Stretch: At the start of this exercise, sit on the ground with your legs going straight outwards and your feet flexed in the upward direction. Pull your left knee and put it on the outside of your right knee. Finally, place your right elbow on the left knee, so that your body turns to the left. Hold for 30 seconds and then relax. Repeat the procedure with the other knee.
- Standing Hamstring Stretch: Put your foot on an elevated surface such that it is above the floor, but not above hip level. Flex your toes forward such that your feet and legs are nearly in a straight line. Bend as far towards the foot as possible. However, do not stretch so far that you feel pain. Finally, repeat this procedure on the other side after release.
Related Tip: "Non-Surgical Treatment For Sciatica"