Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shah Tushar ArvindYour feedback matters!
It is common to go nuts when your newborn begins moaning! You'd need to have the nerves of a bomb-squad professional not to give it a chance to get to you. In any case, with a little experience, that is exactly what you'll create (or near it).
Likewise, don't accept that your baby is crying since she's genuinely tragic or upset. "It's anything but difficult to feel along these lines since that is the reason we cry. Nonetheless, newborn children do it to impart a wide range of things - that they're drained, icy, wet, exhausted, hungry, or overstimulated. Instead of stressing that something is truly wrong, consider crying her method for conversing with you." As you build up a routine with your baby, you'll slowly have the capacity to make sense of what she needs just by the sound of her cries.
Numerous new moms may feel overpowered and ponder:
Take comfort; numerous new moms feel a similar way. These worries are basic and superbly ordinary. You can find a way to deal with the stretch of being another mother.
Rest: Get as much rest as you can, wherever and at whatever point you can. Rest when the baby dozes. Get a brisk rest in the traveler's seat amid an auto ride.
Eat Healthy Foods: The right foods can give you more vitality. Do whatever it takes not to overburden on caffeine. Rather, eat healthy foods and drink lots of water.
Work out: You might not have sufficient energy to do long workouts. In any case, even a couple of minutes here and there spread for the duration of the day can help you have more vitality! Take baby for a walk.
Expect an influx of emotions: Absence of rest, included stretch and stress can abandon you having an inclination that you're on an exciting ride of emotions all around the same time. Relax because of realizing that you're not the only one! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
I hv pcos problem. So im not conceiving too nd im proper periods. hormonal im balance. Pls help out hw. Dis pcos will solve. Pls doc.
Hello. I did sex with my girl friend without condom. Is there any chance of pregnancy to her if I intercourse without condom and ejaculate outside at the time of climax. Thanks.
Hello Doctor, I'm 44 years old and got married 2 years back. my hubby is younger to me. We want kids. I have no gync problem I consulted a doc she gave me some folic acids and checked me internally all was well she said but still could not get pregnant also I tried all fertility days. I use gel cause I am very dry. and I don't enjoy sex everyday. Can you suggest some medicine for me. Also I am in usa now. And some medicine called conceivesafe you get over the counter. Please advise for them. Cause I'm not sure of the Docs here. So please if you could help me.
Hi I'm pregnant 22 week so yesterday stereo vomiting and I have burned in my stomach please give me advice.
Meri delivery date 11 January hai maine aaj doctor ko check krvaya tha doctor ne bola ki bache ke birth ke liye rasta Bhut tight hai ye to dwai dal kr hi hoga .Mai kya Kru ki rasta Khul jaye? Kya ye dwai dalne se dard Hoti hai? Or ye dwai konsi Hoti hai?
According to WHO a third of the world population is obese, obesity is caused by overeating, lack of physical activity, age factor, hereditary and sometimes malfunctioning of the endocrine glands causing excessive fat accumulation. Food is meant to generate energy in the body so as to enable each and every organ to discharge its individual functions. To avoid overeating one has be careful about portion control and eat at a fixed time. Each meal should have a combination of carbohydrate 50 to 60 % of total calories + protein 35 to 40% of total calories and fat 20 to 25% of total calories. Dietary fibre of 25 to 30 grams a day can obtained from whole grain, fruits and vegetables should also be taken in sufficient quantities as it imparts a sense of satiation and reduces the food intake.
Indian diets are usually high in carbohydrates leading to higher incidence of diabetes. This can be countered by increasing proteins in each meal along with fibre,which gives a controlled balance to sugar levels in the body. Use unsaturated vegetable oils like olive, rice bran, soyabean and sunflower oil to maintain and reduce cholesterol and maintain heart health along with Omega-3 from flax seed, nuts (almonds and walnuts) or fish oil supplements, including vegetable juices in your daily diet improves the antioxidant level and fibre in the body and helps in weight loss.
How to make meal plans customized to your BMR
Step 1 - Calculate your BMR
|Women's BMR||Men's BMR|
|+ (9.6* of your weight in kilos)||+ (13.7* your weight in kg)|
|+ (1.8*your height in cm)||+ (5*your height in cm)|
|- (4.7*your age in years)||- (6.8*your age in years)|
|= ___________ Calories per day||= ___________ Calories per day|
Step 2 - After calculating your BMR ,and to start weight loss cut 200 kcal from your BMR.
For example if your BMR is 1600 kcal choose a meal plan that is 200 kcal lower I.e is from 1200 to 1400 calorie meal plan.
The main meals should be three meals like your breakfast ,lunch and dinner and the in between meals should be like fruits ,veg juice ,dry fruits,dry bhel , roasted chana, a slice of cheese ,which are not very dense in calories and high in nutrients.
STEP 3 - Eat every two hours with three main meals and three small meals.
STEP 4 - Drink plenty of water through the day at least 8 to 10 glasses.
Exercise - Lack of physical activity means there is no energy output and this results in weight gain over the period of time because as we age our BMR reduces (basal metetabolic rate : that is total number of calories your body requires for normal body functions excluding any activity factor like exercise, BMR is the energy used for metabolic process of maintaining life itself and usually accounts for two thirds of total daily expenditure ). To maintain a healthy weight increasing the BMR is essential and this means increasing the muscle mass over the fat mass as 1 pound of muscle burns 6 calories at rest and 1 pound of fat just 2 calories. Increasing muscle mass can happen only through physical exercise and adequate protein in the diet thereby, increasing fibre and reducing fat in the diet.
Advantages of Physical Activity
- Helps to keep digestive system in optimum condition
- Improves cardiac rhythm and output
- Maintains flexibility of body
- Energies blood vessels and does not allow cholesterol deposits and improved heart health as it does not allow fat accumulation
- Improves peristaltic action of intestine and rectum and removes constipation
- Helps in improving insulin resistance in the body especially in PCOD and PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome)
- Maintains the sugar levels in diabetic patients
Other Causes of Obesity
- Age factor: Obesity is generally prevalent in the middle age as the BMR reduces as a person ages especially if he or she does not exercise, but weight gain can be gender specific as women have more fat mass and the weight gain during pregnancy is common due to increase in fat in the diet, but in recent years there has been a rapid rise in obesity in children and teens due to over indulgence in junk and fast foods, which have high amounts of refined carbohydrates and hydrogenated fats. Heredity also plays an important role in fat accumulation. Children of obese parents do have high chances inheriting obesity from their parents as genetic factor could be a contributing factor rather than excessive food. In such cases physical activity plays a very important role for weight loss
- Untreated Hypothyroidism: Hypothyroid causes a drop in the BMR and increase in fat percentage and if untreated can cause weight gain, but once on medication they have improved metabolism.
- Drugs: Use of oral contraceptives, steroids, insulin and phenothiazines is generally followed by weight gain to stimulation of appetite.
- Alcohol: Alcohol is just empty calories and 1ml of alcohol gives 7 calories and this causes weight gain along with the fat laden food eaten while having alcohol, overeating is usually a consequence of drinking leading to weight gain and drinking coupled with smoking increases the lipid levels in the body affecting the heart health
- Fasting and Yo Yo Dieting: The process of losing weight and gaining weight several times throughout a life time is often characterised by increased fatness with each cycle (Krause food and nutrition therapy). Fasting is dropping calories to less than 600 to 800 over a period of time, which causes starvation and breakdown of muscle mass and lowering of BMR and once one gets back to normal diet there is sudden surge in weight which then gets difficult to rid off.
- Water: Incredible as it may seem water is a very important catalyst in weight loss,water suppress the appetite naturally and helps metabolise stored fat. Drinking water is best for fluid retention caused due to excessive intake of salt, the more water you take, more it dilutes the excess salt and reduces the fluid retention. Eight to twelve glasses of water in a day is the optimal intake.
- Stress: Stress is a another precipitating factor for weight gain which causes damage to the heart. Excessive stress causes an increase in cortisol and thereby, increase in fat percentage in the body and weight gain. An emotionally charged and highly strung nervous system can adversely affect the coronary arteries and deteriorate the heart. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
The main symptom of genital herpes include occurrence of blisters around or near the rectum. These blisters do break eventually, but they leave behind sores that are very tender and that take about 2 to 4 weeks to heal when the eruption of blisters occurs for the first time. The subsequent outbreaks are shorter and less severe than the first outburst. The disease can spread easily through sexual intercourse and it is better to consult a doctor, even if no clear symptoms are visible. Genital herpes cause tingling sensation and a lot of uneasiness in the genital area.
Causes of genital herpes
- The genital herpes infection is mainly caused by 2 different types of HSVs or herpes simplex virus.
- The first type of herpes simplex virus most commonly infect the lips and they cause cold sores, which are recognized as fever blisters.
- The first type of HSV type 1 virus can also produce sores in the genital area. The usual cause of genital herpes is the HSV type 2 and that can infect the mouth.
- Genital herpes can be simply transmitted from one individual to another during sex. The symptoms of herpes can be produced on and off in some people as it remains in the nerve cells of the body.
Symptoms of genital herpes
- Burning or itchy feeling in the genital area that lasts for more than 2-3 weeks.
- Pain is experienced in the genital area, legs and buttocks.
- Fluid is discharged from the Vagina, and pressure is experienced in the abdomen.
- The sores appear after few days on regions where the virus has entered like penis, vagina or the mouth.
- The other general symptoms that can occur under this condition are headache, fever, muscle aches and difficulty in urination.
- The glands around the groin area also get swollen at times.
Homeopathic medicines are safe
It is a contagious disease and use of homeopathic remedies is very effective in treating herpes. Remarkable results can be gained by taking homeopathic medicines, and these are extremely safe. There are no side effects caused by taking homeopathic medications, and are of great use in eradicating the condition from the root. The intensity of the genital herpes condition takes a long time to wither and use of homeopathic medicine though provides slow results is very effective and harmless. The best homeopathic medication that can be taken to treat genital herpes is Natrum Mur for both men and women.
I was diagnosed by poly cyst over and now I am getting regular periods. Trying to conceive but over a year still unsuccessful. Please advise me if I did follow any food diet or what I should do.
We both do not feel anything during sex because her vagina hole is so big. Is there any way to tighten the vagina hole?
doctor. My wife did not get his periods from last 2 months and after 2 months she gets his period. But the problem is 1.5 months has gone the bleeding iss continuously going but do not have pain. Will youu please tell me whats the problem.
What do we mean by Polycystic Ovaries?
Ans: Poly means many (multiple) and cysts are fluid-filled areas. Thus, a woman with polycystic ovaries will have a higher number of follicles (immature eggs which look like small cysts) in her ovaries. Because of more follicles growing in her ovaries, these appear larger in size on ultrasound. It is like to accommodate more number of students in a classroom, we need a larger room.
Polycystic ovaries are very common affecting 20 in 100 (20%) of women.
Having polycystic looking ovaries on ultrasound does not mean you have a polycystic ovary syndrome. Only around 6 or 7 in 100 (6 - 7%) of women with polycystic ovaries have PCOS and we need to look at other symptoms and hormones to diagnose this condition.
Hello doctor, I'm 32 years old female and I have a 5 years old daughter who is a normal delivery. I'm getting very less periods. I mean only for one day. That too only for half day as liquid blood and remaining half day as little thick like thread size blood. This condition is since 6 months approximately but the cycle is regular like 28 days. I used to get 1 and half days periods. I checked with doctor 1 years who did all the required tests like breast ultrasound, uterus ultrasound and thyroid tests. She said that there is no issues except there are some polycystic ovaries which are quite common and advised me to walk in order to eliminate those cysts. Since my mom also used to get periods for only three days, doctor said that it would be heredity and she said as long as periods are regular, there wouldn't be any issues. But now I'm concerned a lot because it's only for one day, that too not having good flow for past few months. I never used any birth control pills or any abortion in my life. I have not made any changes in diet, I'm taking a proper diet which includes fruits, vegetables, weekly twice non veg like chicken and fish. Then what could be the reason. For additional information, I have uterus cervix prolapse for past 15 months approx. Please suggest me on this.
I am married in 3 month, my previous period date is 06/02/2016. But till the date I have no period, so please help me, I couldn't give a baby in this time,
I am a 39 yr old and a mother of 2yr old son. I used to have small lump on my left breast and used to get mild bouts of pain 4-5 years back but it vanished itself after sometime. Now after marriage and childbirth I am getting a feeling that the lump is developing again. On checking I don't find the lump that prominent. However, mild pain is experienced sometimes. Please suggest.
Periods, on their own, can be very uncomfortable but sometimes it can also trigger a rash making it all the more uncomfortable. This is a common problem faced by women who use commercial pads or sanitary napkins during this period. This is because they contain plastics, scents and chemicals that can irritate the sensitive skin in your genital area. Here are a few tips to help you deal with these rashes:
Change Your Pads Regularly: Whether your flow is light or heavy, the same pad should not be worn for more than 4 to 6 hours. Change your pads even if your pad does not look full once this time has passed. Along with menstrual blood, sanitary napkins also soak up sweat and bacteria. The groyne area is naturally moist and warmer than the rest of your body making it the ideal condition for bacteria to grow. Changing your pad regularly keeps these bacteria from multiplying.
Consider Alternatives: One of the main reasons pads cause rashes is because they rub against the skin and this friction irritates the skin. Hence, consider alternatives like tampons and menstrual cups that do not rub against the skin. You could also try cloth pads made using natural unbleached cotton.
Wear Right Underwear: Avoid synthetic underwear and use the only cotton while you are on your periods. This allows the skin to breathe and keeps moisture from building up inside the underwear. Also, ensure that your underwear fits well and can hold your pad in place.
Clean Well: Do not use wipes or tissue to clean your genital area but instead wash gently with water a few times a day. Once washed, dry the skin thoroughly before putting your underwear on. Do not use any type of soap, body wash or scents in the area. Also, avoid bubble baths and saunas.
See a Doctor: In some cases, a rash can also be a symptom of herpes or a vaginal yeast infection. If you alternate between pads and tampons, a rash could also be a sign of toxic shock syndrome. Hence, if the rash persists for a few days, consult a doctor. Your doctor can prescribe a topical cream to be used to relieve the itchiness and inflammation depending on the rash. You could also use an anti-chafing cream on your bikini line. Diaper rash cream is an over the counter cream that usually works well in such cases.
If you wish to discuss any Specific problem, Consult a Gynaecologist.