Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shah Suresh Fulchand
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shah Suresh FulchandYour feedback matters!
Asthma is a condition that can flare up anytime; be it at your child's soccer practice or during the middle of the night. Whenever the condition sets in, it leads to your child struggling for breath. For a parent to witness this situation can be hard; but you should know the techniques to keep the situation under control.
Here are a few tips on how to manage the situation:
1. Find out the triggers in your home: Asthma is triggered due to substances that your child may be allergic to. Examples are cigarette smoke, fur of pets and dust. If possible, keep your child away from the known triggers so that the condition does not flare up again.
2. Keep records of the following: It is good to have an action plan ready for your child when the bouts of asthma strike. When you visit the doctor to discuss about your child's condition then make sure that you have these records at hand.
- The triggers that caused the bout of asthma
- How many times did your child have wheezing episodes?
- The number of times your child has been admitted for the same reason
- The medications that your child is currently taking, dosage and/or whether they have been changed
- How often does he/she need medications if he/she has acute symptoms?
3. Knowledge of the test your child may require: Asthma control test is a type of test that allows parents and children to grade asthma symptoms without a doctor. A pulmonary function test is used to detect the capacity of the lungs and flow of air.
4. See how your child responds to the treatments: You should consider changing the treatments for your child if he/she has recurrent symptoms of asthma attack and require frequent visits to the Emergency Room even after taking medications for an extended duration.
5. Long term treatment plans require patience: Any asthma treatment plan requires patience as they might not immediately cure symptoms. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
My daughter is 2 years & 4 months old & they don't eat food properly so some one suggest me pediasure So my question is is pediasure safe or good for my baby.
What is viral fever?
Viral fever refers to an acute infection caused by the action of viruses. Flu or influenza is the most common form of viral fever. Since viral fever is contagious, when an infected person sneezes or coughs the virus spreads and comes in contact with other people. Children can remain contagious for about 10 days if they get the early symptoms of viral fever. Children who are younger than two years are at an increased risk of developing complications pertaining to viral fever. Controlling the symptoms of cold, fever and cough can cure viral fever.
Symptoms of viral fever
Fever and chills are the early signs of viral fever. Children suffering from viral fever will feel pain throughout their body. Other common signs and symptoms involving viral fever include cough, cold, runny nose, sore throat, nausea, fatigue, vomiting, headache, diarrhea, and stomach ache.
Certain preventive measures against viral fever
- Keeping your child away from anyone who is sick is advisable. To prevent the germs from spreading ask everyone to use tissues while they sneeze or cough. Make sure that your family member maintains good hygiene habits if he/she is suffering from diarrhea or is vomiting.
- To prevent coming in contact with germs wash your and your child's hands properly
- Seasonal changes are the thriving phase for viruses so take precautionary measures during those periods of the year
Tips for quicker recovery of your child
1. Offer enough drinks - A child gets dehydrated through fever, vomiting, and diarrhea. Oral Rehydration Salts can be given to little ones as it contains all the essential nutrients. This can be given to a baby even if he/she is just in breastfeeding stage.
2. Feed them special food - Soft and semi-liquid foods can be given to your child if he/she older than 6 months. Foods like dals, soups, and curd with sugar are advisable for your child. As he/she gradually gets stronger thicker foods like mashed vegetable can be added to his/her diet.
3. Ensure that your child gets adequate rest - Since viral fever is contagious it is advisable to let your child sleep in a separate room. Since the fever causes fatigue adequate rest is required for recovery. This will also prevent him/her from getting the other family members infected.
4. Sponge your child's body - Sponging your child's body with lukewarm water can control high fever.
5. Maintain proper hygiene - It is essential to wash your hands before and after touching your child to prevent the infection from spreading to the other family members.
Sugary foods should be consumed in limited quantities as the bacteria in dental plaque changes them into acids.
My 18 months old daughter is suffering from cough. Whenever the season changes she gets the cough and it took a long to heal. It started when she turned one on feb 2015 and she went down viral for a week. The cough disappeared after a month, but it was on and off for a long time. Got some relief after trying homeopathy, but during this monsoon it appeared back. And now she is coughing miserably.
My child is hyperactive. What should l do? which food is good for him? what is the restoration? help me please.
I’m Dr Mehul Chawla, practising, in Gurgaon. I’m practising dentistry since 2011. Since inception, I was always into two things, first was root canal treatments and second is dental implants. Both these fields are closer to each other. Root canals help to save the tooth the implants help to replace the tooth that is spoilt. So let me just tell you briefly about root canal treatments. So root canals, a root canal is a procedure of aeronautic and causative department of dentistry. So it is a procedure to save a tooth for a long time that has been decayed due to the past neglect of the person.
In root canals, they clean the canals of the tooth with an instrument so that to make sure there is no microorganism remaining. Finally, the root of the canal is filled with dental filling material. So let's come to implant now. See implants are not very recent procedures. They are in the market for the past 30 years now but these days they are very famous in India now because the implant cost has drastically decreased.
Implants is basically a procedure to replace one or number of teeth with better than before fixed prosthesis. Also, the implants are more promising replacement options than others because it gives a success rate of more than 98%. So replacement of one tooth to the number of teeth is actually possible with the help of dental implants.
So thanks for watching me. If you wish to see me again or wish to know more about dentistry, just put on the Lybrate. You can email me, you can call me. You can go online and do the video chatting with me.
I will be very happy to share my knowledge with you.