Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. ShafficaYour feedback matters!
Hi m 9th month pregnant m not able to breath normally if I sleep straight even scan was so difficult for me now also. Why does it happen? Can I have normal delivery?
Hi, I would like to know that my wife has missed her period in this month, last month we have intercourse, so may be sign of pregnancy? Or what I would be do?
A week ago me and my girlfriend had sexual activities and not sexual intercourse Soon after that act she started feeling nausea and headache next day she had fever and vomiting. I am afraid that my sperms have entered her vagina by my fingers actually because we did not had intercourse. And I never ejaculated inside her or on her body I did it in my pants My hand were dry like my finger did not not had ejaculated semen just had wetness of precum I ejaculated after the act was over in my pants. We had oral sex. But my girlfriend is feeling weakness and sudden headaches. Also her face is bit swollen Her breasts have become bit bigger today. Her date of menses is 11th of may that is 4 days later. Can she be preg? What do I do if she misses her period and gets prg. How to terminate it I cnt go to clinic please help me with home remedies please its urgent and m scared.
Hello I am 23 years old. I am single. I always get my periods one week before the previous date. Why it happens with me? it should be 2-3 days before but it is not so tell me what should I do?
Being the first to be noticed, every person (especially woman) tries their best to make sure that the face does not show signs of ageing. As soon as dark circles or pigments appear or the skin begins to sag, people start to look for ways to control this and reverse the ageing look.
What is a thread lift?
A thread lift is a convenient and safe method that is less invasive and can help in reducing the sagging skin around the jawline and neck. The results are far better than conventional surgical methods and with much lesser risk too.
What is done?
Tiny incisions are made in the marked areas of the skin through which special threads are inserted. They are left in place for a while so that they can attach to the skin. The threads also have small cones or hooks embedded in them, which stimulate collagen production when the thread is left in place. This increases the duration of producing a youthful appearance. They are then lifted off, bringing with them the skin too, giving it a literal lift. This helps in repositioning the skin and surrounding facial tissue, giving a facelift that is almost immediately noticeable.
It does not require anaesthesia and the patient is usually awake during the procedure. The patient can even see the results and ask for further lifts to get the desired results. The threads are then knotted in place and left behind in the skin. The threads may or may not dissolve over a period of time. If not dissolvable, they need to be removed. The threads are usually of clear polypropylene and are used along the contour lines that are naturally present in the face. They can be absorbable or nonabsorbable.
Who is it for?
Anybody with good quality skin, usually in the 30s to 60s age group, where the sagging is just beginning to set in and is not very visible. There is still sufficient collagen deposits in these people to allow for regeneration. They also can be useful in younger people to improve facial contours or correct asymmetry.
Referred to as lunchtime facials, there are multiple benefits to this magical procedure.
- These help restore a youthful appearance, especially in the brows, cheeks and neck areas.
- Less commonly, they are also used on the breasts, buttocks and upper arms.
- They can help in improving muscle tone and improving aged appearance.
- They are also useful in shaping and lifting sagging areas.
- The results can last from 1.5 to 4 years, depending on skin care routine and type of treatment done.
- Talk to your surgeon about what to expect before going ahead with the procedure. A well-trained surgeon can definitely do wonders with these threads.
Tulsi - a **miracle** plant
Tulsi is regarded as an 'elixir of life' and believed to promote longevity. It is considered to be an adaptogen, balancing different processes in the body. It has also been suggested to possess antifertility, anticancer, antidiabetic, antifungal, antimicrobial, hepatoprotective, cardioprotective, antiemetic, antispasmodic, analgesic, and diaphoretic actions.
1. It is considered as a tonic to retain youth and avoid aging. Vitamin c, vitamin a, phytonutrients and the essential oils in tulsi are excellent antioxidants and protect the body from nearly all the damages caused by the free radicals.
2. It is anti-carcinogenic and it found to be effective in healing nearly all types of cancer and tumors.
3. It reduces total cholesterol levels and blood pressure. Thus, it is useful for heart disease patients.
4. It is useful in the treatment of respiratory system disorders. A decoction of the leaves, with honey and ginger, is an effective remedy for bronchitis, asthma, influenza, cough and cold.
5. It can protect from radiation poisoning and also heals up damages caused by radiations. It acts as a vaccine against pox if consumed regularly.
6. It is used as a mouth wash. It is very good for maintaining dental health, counteracting bad breath and for massaging the gums. It is also useful in pyorrhea.
7. It also cures ulcer in the mouth. It is also known to help inhibit the growth of oral cancer caused by chewing tobacco etc.
8. It is an excellent antibiotic, germicidal, fungicidal and disinfectant and very efficiently protects our body from nearly all sorts of bacterial, viral and fungal infections.
9. Consumption of tulsi leaves decoction helps prevent and heal fever.
10. It has a hypoglycemic effect, so it reduces blood glucose levels. Thus, it is useful for diabetics.
11. It helps in building up stamina, hence used to prepare herbal tea.
12. Its regular consumption can protect eyes from all the damages done by the free radicals, such as cataract, macular degeneration, glaucoma, vision defects, opthalmia etc. Due to its high antioxidant properties.
13. Recent studies on tulsi proved to be a useful medication for people living with human immunodeficiency virus (hiv), and acquired immune deficiency virus (aids).
14. Tulsi, being a detoxifier and mild diuretic in nature, can help reduce uric acid level (main culprit as far as kidney stones are concerned) concentration in the blood as well as helps cleaning of the kidneys through urination.
15. Tulsi oil application on the body keeps mosquitoes and other insects away.
B. How to use-:
1. Tulsi leaves extract (swaras)-
- how to prepare - take some fresh tulsi leaves, wash them, then crush them well and squeeze the pure extract.
- dose - 2tablespoon in adults empty stomach in the morning.
- beneficial in cold, cough, fever, oral ulcer, liver disorders, indigestion, bronchitis, insect bites, cancer ((bacterial and viral infections).
- extenal application of tulsi leaves extract- in fungal infections, ringworm, insect bites.
2. Tulsi leaves decoction (kaadha)-
- how to prepare - take some fresh tulsi leaves, wash them, boil with 4cups of water. Boil this until 1cup of water remains.
- dose- drink half cup (lukewarm) in the morning on empty stomach and a half cup in the evening.
- beneficial in pyorrhea, cold, cough, influenza, rheumatoid arthritis, gastric disorders, tuberculosis (bacterial and viral infections).
- a decoction of the whole plant lowers the blood sugar (glucose) level and is said to control diabetes mellitus.
- a decoction of the root of tulsi plant is given as a diaphoretic in malarial fever.
- the regular consumption of tulsi leaves extract or decoction helps prevent viral fevers, cough, cold and many other diseases.
She had set with her boy frnd like 4 days back and is saying that she her periods are delayed by 4-5 days. Though she has been down with viral for a week now, are there possibilities of she getting pregnant? If yes what are the measures to be taken?
Hello. Mai suru se ab tk ki puri detail likh rhi hu. Phle k qtns me maine clearly nhi likha to mai isme mai apni saari problems likh rhi hu. M 6 to 7 week pregnant. and maine jb se conceive kia hai muje tbi se brown discharge ho rha hai. Kbi bht light to kbi bht dark. 2 aug ko maine ultrasound krwaya jisme baby bht chota sa aaya to de. Ne kaha k abi kuch khna mushki h.kuch time baad fir se ek baar ultrasound krenge fir dekhte hai. then maine 22 aug ko fir se ultrasound krwaya jisme aaya k baby growth to puri kr rha hai but abi heartbeat nhi aayi. To Dr. Boli k abi 50 50 chances hai. 10 days baad aap dubara krwao ultrasound. Yo muje yhi puchna hai k muje discharge hone se koi dkkt to nhi hogi meri pregnancy me. Or abi ye b nhi pta chla k bleeding ho kis wjh se rhi hai. Or hearbeat kb tk bnti hai. Kya in 10 days me heartbeat bn jygi? Maine isme saari prlblm likh di hai. Pls ek baar aap isey read krke again ans kr dijiye. Thanks.
Hello doctor. I didn't had my periods. 2 months passed I had my last periods on July 5th I had some intercourse on the June and in July I had my normal periods. After my last periods I don't have any intercourse. Asyou told I had taken the home pregnancy test and I can't understand whether it is positive or negative. First a very little pink Colour appeared near T but it was a not a line so I thought it was invalid and after a long time I had seen a single line on C. So please help me I want to know whether it is negative or positive. Should I take the test again.
Laparoscopic surgery is also called minimally invasive surgery. It leads to a lesser amount of pain after the surgery, and therefore requires less medication also. It reduces the possibility of hemorrhage, thereby lowering the possibility of requiring blood transfusion. The smaller length and depth of the incision also means that the patient recovers from the surgery faster than usual. There is also a lesser chance of contracting infections because a larger number of organs remain unexposed. Laparoscopic surgeries also cause smaller, lighter scars once the surgery wound heals completely.
However, as with any surgery, complications may occur during the course of Laparoscopic surgery.
- Wound infection: Even though laparoscopic surgery is minimally invasive and the possibility of contracting infections is considerably less, the wound is capable of getting infected. Hence, it is essential to maintain cleanliness and hygiene recommendations provided by the medical staff concerned. It is also assumed that the surgeons would prevent this possibility by maintaining strict protocols regarding this issue on their part.
- Bruising: After surgery, depending on the type and duration of the procedure, the patient is always advised to follow certain restrictions regarding mobility and restriction of normal day-to-day functioning. These rules must be followed in order to prevent the possibility of bruising after a Laparoscopic surgery.
- Hematoma formation: A hematoma is an accumulation of blood outside the blood vessel. This is not normal at all and requires urgent inspection and treatment. This is a relatively common complication that happens after a Laparoscopic surgical procedure. Precautions are taken by surgeons to avoid this but it may still occur. It needs to be diagnosed early, and then the bleeding vessel needs to be embolized selectively in order to reduce any further complication of this type.
- Anesthesia-related complications: To prevent anesthesia-related complications during Laparoscopic surgery, it is essential that procedures related to the airways, ventilation, analgesia, anti-emetics are followed in the pre-operative state.
- Injury inflicted: Any injury that may be inflicted on the blood vessels present in the walls of the abdomen or on the sidewall in the pelvic region, as well as injuries in the bowel area and the urinary tract must be avoided. Proper protocol must be followed by the doctor to avoid such complications as much as possible.
Hello sir. Me and my girl Friend played oral sex. Unexpectedly sperm gone inside her. Is it harmful or any chance for pregnancy?
Hello, my wife is pregnant from 1.5 months, but. Me and she also do not want the child now, we want to abort the baby, can she take pills for medical abortion? May it will be harmful or useful, tell me advantage and disadvantage? I m very puzzeled, please tell me suggestion? I m in stress to this matter, please resolve. Thanks in advance.
From few months my periods was getting delayed n it menses remained only for 2 days. Then in June my menses didn't came so I took deviry10 3 tab n then menses started and it remained for a week. And now in this month that is July again my periods hasn't came till date. Please suggest me what's the problem n what should I do?
It was told that I have pro problem. But I didn't take any treatment. But I gained nearly 8 to 10 kg weight I seven to eight months. During my periods I have sever stomach and back pain flow is heavy.
I have problem of vaginal white discharge and due to that I am having pain in my stomach pls tell some remedies to stop this discharge.
Hi m 21 years and got my period on 1st nov 2016 and today 4th nov being 4th day of my cycle I would like to ask can I have protected sex (condom) after my periods is it safe? And also I wanna ask bout ipill I read it somewhere that's it's safe fr women between between 25 and above and m 21 years will it effect my health? And is it necessary to take an pill after having protected sex coz pills do have side effects on body nad this is not my first tym of having sex before also I had taken pills after protected sex but m concerned regarding it's effects in long run please help me with my query ty.
Use seasonal vegetables of different colours such as eggplant cauliflower and bell papers as they are most nutritious. Each of this colours signify phytonutrients which protect skin and hair from damage. Spice it up with tomato sauce with a dash of black pepper to increase your metabolism
Vitamins are very important and essential for the body. Vitamins are a form of nutrients, which must be consumed strictly for proper body functioning and building strong immunity. Vitamin pills are an ideal and easy source of essential vitamins. However, having food items, which are rich in vitamins is a much healthier option. Eating foods rich in vitamins helps your body obtain abundant nutrients as per the requirement of the body. In this manner, you will be able to gain all the required vitamins by eating various types of foods.
Here is a list of the primary vitamins, which are essential for the body, along with the food items where they can be found.
- Vitamins B6 and B12: These vitamins help in proper blood circulation and nerve functioning and can be found in bananas, whole grains, beans, nuts, eggs, pork, fish, chicken, wheat germ and other poultry products.
- Vitamin C: This vitamin is an antioxidant and fights free radicals which damage DNA. It also helps in strengthening the body immunity. The best source of vitamin C includes citrus fruits and citrus juices, red and green pepper, brussels sprouts, spinach, broccoli, kale, strawberries and collard greens.
- Calcium: Calcium is very essential for maintaining bone health, bone density and prevents osteoporosis. All dairy products are very rich in calcium. Calcium is also present in legumes and dark green, leafy vegetables.
- Vitamin D: Vitamin D helps in the absorption of calcium and lack of vitamin D may lead to osteoporosis, type 1 diabetes, multiple sclerosis and several cancers as well. Vitamin D is present in fatty fishes such as tuna and salmon. Major sources of vitamin D are fortified food products such as cereals and milk.
- Vitamin E: Vitamin E functions as an antioxidant and helps in eye health. Enough intake of vitamin E can reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s disease. Foods rich in vitamin E include avocados, vegetable oils like safflower, sunflower, cottonseed, canola and olive oil. It is also found in wheat germ, almonds, sunflower seeds and other nuts.
- Folic acid: The insufficient intake of this vitamin may lead to several birth defects during pregnancy like spina bifida. Deficiency of folic acid may also lead to heart diseases, stroke and cancers. The best food sources of folic acid are leafy vegetables, strawberries, wheat germ, broccoli, asparagus, beans, whole grains and folic acid fortified cereals or breads.
- Iron: Iron prevents iron-deficiency anemia and supports the immune system. The best sources of iron are red meat, clams, egg yolks, fish and chicken. Iron is also found in fortified grains, legumes and cereals.
Vitamins are very essential for the body as they prevent the body from several diseases, which in turn help in healthy functioning of the organs. It is better to eat your vitamins directly, instead of taking vitamin pills. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.