Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sevarin Posa
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sevarin PosaYour feedback matters!
Im 19, I used melacare ointment for 3 months. Now my face became black and some portions are so black. Now I am getting on with chemical peels but no change and I am using medicines from 2 months. But theres no change.
I am student of 19 and my face is mixed type should I prefer any type of face wash or what type of things I should prefer to get rid out of it.
I have too my little skin spots bulged on my hands and feet. Are these due too excess environmental heat or any type of infection?
Mere pair we mawad a raha hai ye kaise tik hoga mera pair toot gaya hair jiske karan shukha nahi hair.
My skin is too oily. Also many pimples and dark circles on the face. Please suggest me medicine or any solution.
I had chicken pox. 3 months passed but still I have spots on my face and on body parts. What should I do. Please suggest me any natural way.
I have acne and acne marks on my face . I used tretinoin for a month but no use . I am using melacare for skin whitening. My skin is oily even if I doest eat oily food that much. Please let me. Know what to do to get rid of acne and acne scars.
I have dark complexion for sometime. My face skin getting darker with days I want some glowing and fairer skin Pls recommend any cream which one I can use in daylihht without sticky appearance.
When i wash my face the complexion of my face is fair after some time the complexion of my face is turning to black can i know the reason for this
I have to much dark spots because of pimples. This spots are below the screen. Please tell me how to remove this spots quickly?
6 Mistakes in Self-Treating Acne
Acne is a very common problem that affects people, mostly teenagers worldwide. The problem of acne can be extremely annoying, making most of the people to opt for self medication. However, it is advisable to consult a dermatologist to avoid unwanted complications. The following common but serious mistakes should be avoided while self-treating acne:
1. Fight acne the dermatologist way: During adolescence, hormonal imbalance is one of the major factors resulting in acne. However, factors like prolonged illness, pollution, dermatological problems cannot be sidelined either. It should be noted that acne is an inflammation which needs proper investigation. A dermatologist should be consulted at the very onset. Use of any medicated lotions or creams without proper recommendation can aggravate the problem.
2. The lesser the better: Using too many products at a time will do you more harm than good. Use one product at a time. If you think a product can magically treat your acne in a day, then you are in for some disappointment. Optimism is good, but being realistic is better. Not all products show positive results in a day. One needs to have patience. Use the product diligently for a week before trying out a new product.
3. Complete what you started: It is a crime to stop any medications mid way. Complete the full course of the medication, even if your acne is fully treated.
4. Popping away to ugly spots and scars: Popping or picking only worsens the inflammation and acne. It will leave your face with some really ugly spots. When the acne head turns white, do not try to squeeze it out. Show some resilience. It is a very common mistake that should be strictly avoided.
5. Exfoliants should be chosen carefully. Understand your skin type well. Micro-beads-enriched exfoliants are the best to use. Avoid scrubbing or over washing the face. Always use a sunscreen before stepping out in the sun. If you are into make-ups, remove them before retiring to bed. Use make-ups that suit your skin type. Minimal application of make-up is advisable in case of acne.
6. Many well wishers might suggest innumerable acne treatments. Listen to all, but choose what you feel and know is the best.
A flawless and acne-free face is very much achievable.