Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dermatologists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sejal SahetaYour feedback matters!
Hi, I have pimple scars on face and wants to get rid of it, I need to know the treatment duration and cost.
(Skin related) Respcted Sir/mam Mai apne chehare se pareshan hu. Is samay mere chehare pe pimples aa gaye haye hai. Dhup se chehare me darkess badh gayi hai. So please mujhe uchit medicine aur cream bataye. Aur uska upyog bhi bataye. Dhanyavad.
Studies have shown that those who inculcate a habit of wearing sunscreen at all times while stepping out during the day have younger and healthier looking skin than those who don't. Sunscreen acts as a layer of defense against sun radiation and keeps it from causing any damage. Skin is, thus, protected from accelerated aging.
These are the do's and don'ts you need to follow before you apply sunscreen the next time:
Do: Apply sunscreen 15-30 minutes before going outdoors - For the product to be most effective, it needs to be fully absorbed by the skin before exposure to the sun; the reason why applying approximately 30 minutes before you step out of home is a must.
Don't: DON'T buy sunscreens with ridiculously high SPFs - SPF means the number of times the skin will be protected against the minimal damage to skin by UV rays. SPF of 30 and above is good for Indian skin. Sunscreen should have broad spectrum coverage to protect against UVA UVB and visible spectrum. Sunscreens with an SPF of 100 can cost about twice as much as the same brand with an SPF of 30, but it doesn't provide three times the protection. SPF 30 blocks about 97% of harmful UV rays, while SPF 100 blocks 99%. While it is a difference, it might not be enough to warrant the extra cost.
Do: Use sunscreen every day of the year - The sun's harmful rays persist in all seasons, whether it's summer or winter. Even on cloudy days, it's advisable to apply sunscreen to protect the skin as UV rays are still able to penetrate through thick covers of cloud, thereby harming your skin.
Do: Test a small amount of the product on yourself before application - Apply a small amount of sunscreen on your wrist first and check for allergic reactions if you're trying it for the first time or are switching over to a new brand.
In case it causes an allergic reaction, discontinue use at once and consult a dermatologist regarding, which sunscreen you should use.
Don't: Forget to reapply - Sunscreens rub off quite easily due to sweating or contact with water. Reapply as often as you can, ideally every 2 hours.Keep in mind that apart from the application of sunscreen, it is also necessary to keep the skin covered as much as possible to protect yourself against skin ailments caused by exposure to the sun.
Don't: Apply sunscreen only on the face - Make sure you apply it to every part of your body, especially the hands, forearms, thighs and ears, which are commonly exposed to the sun. Not only are these more prone to skin ageing, but the risk of melanoma (skin cancer) is also tremendously high in these portions of the body.
Day by day my neck is becoming blackish because it's short. What will I have to do so that it gets elongated and more brighter?
My hair is falling too much from past two months. I don't know why it is falling and also grey hair is too much. How regrow hair please suggest me natural home remedies. How to stop it from falling. Wht to care. I also used indulekha oil but no result. please tell me.
Hello Doctor! I'm 29 years old female. My hairs are in very bad condition. I'm suffering from split ends, roughness, baldness, hair breakage, hair fall, thin hairs, looking very bad. So, please suggest me that what should I do? Which shampoo should I use? I do oiling 3 times in a week and before sometime I was using Dove shampoo.
I have saviour hairfall which oil and shampoo I have to use depending upon my problems can you suggest me.
Hair is falling for some weeks, I have changed many anti-shampoos but none of them have any effect on dandruff so please Ans which medical shampoo should I use.
A patch of my hair is no more in my scalp around my forehead region. Previously I have this issue with my beard, but it got resolved naturally after 4 months. But this time it is almost 5 months, but there is no good sign.
I have very dense and thick hair on my overall body. I am very irritated fron this. And hair growth is very fast. Plzz suggest me some home remedy to cure them permanently or some treatment.
I am suffering from skin infection on my face like acne and pimples. It jst seems to b ugly and odd. So tell me how can I get over to it.
Acne Prone Skin is so hard to handle. I know how horrible dealing with acne can be. You don’t feel like going out or being seen, and you’ve probably tried every possible remedy. When it comes to our faces, we don’t rely on just anyone to tell us what our skin needs to get that ever-elusive glow.
The best route to complexion perfection is to get to know your skin type. If you don’t know your skin type, you won’t be able to properly care for your face
Are the dark spots, scars, acne marks and the uneven skin tone making you feel too embarrassed to interact with people in your peer group?
Tired of using cosmetic products to cover those dark spots?
Do not worry; we have come up with a list of home remedies that can help you to remove these dark spots quickly.
This skin type is characterized by a lack of oil and often renders skin flaky, thin and with some redness. Skin that feels tight after you wash it can also indicate dry skin.
Vaginal Yeast Infection: Causes, Symptoms & Natural Tips to cure
Deeply cleansing oily skin sounds like a great strategy but harsh cleansers can strip skin of its protective barrier, leaving it vulnerable to bacteria.
And soap has a higher pH than your skin, which can over-dry skin and cause oil production to go into overdrive—which you definitely don’t need.
Factors Influence growth of Acne
- Hormonal changes related to puberty, menstrual periods, pregnancy, birth control pills, or stress,
- Friction caused by leaning on or rubbing the skin, pressure from backpacks, or tight collars,
- Environmental irritants such as pollution and high humidity,
- Squeezing or picking at blemishes, hard scrubbing of the skin,
- Greasy or oily cosmetic and hair products
- Certain drugs (such as steroids, testosterone, estrogen, and phenytoin)
Acne scars look bad and often interfere with your bright looks, as they make you feel embarrassed and unfresh. You use more makeup to cover them or avoid going out in order to hide them. However, instead of hiding your face or the scars, you may try these treatment options to remove the scars instead and feel brighter and better.
- Chemical peels: This method involves the application of a chemical peel on the skin. The acid in it removes the superficial skin layer to improve the appearance of the scar. This works well on lighter scars, and a licensed medical practitioner, nurse or cosmetologist can do this procedure.
- Dermabrasion and Microdermabrasion: This technique involves using a high speed brush on the skin to polish the portion of the scar and make that part of the skin even, so that the scar looks lighter. If your skin doctor feels that you don't need serious dermabrasion, then he may use a microdermabrasion where small crystals are sprayed onto the skin surface to remove the skin cells over the scar and improve appearance.
- Fillers: Fillers are used on the skin which gets depressed due to the acne or scars. There are some binding materials like collagen or Hyaluronic acid, which can be injected through an injection, and this keeps the skin smooth, scar free and elevated for some time after which the injection has to be repeated. This has to be a continuous treatment until your skin starts to appear normal again.
- Retinoid creams: The retinoid creams are especially beneficial on scars if applied patiently for a prolonged period. These creams come with little side effects like burning, drying or peeling of the skin, but over a medium to long term application, all scars do get removed.
- Laser treatment: A combination of a few types of laser treatments or just one type depending on the acne stage or redness is used. This smoothens the skin and removes the acne scars by removing skin cells from the area.
- Punch Excisions and Skin grafting: This is a surgical technique. The acne scar can be removed by cutting a portion of the skin, and removing it. Normally, this procedure is combined with skin grafting, where the hole created by the acne is filled up either through stitches, or through grafting of the skin. This is actually the most invasive process to remove scars and only done when you have a serious, permanent and stubborn scar which can't be effectively removed by other techniques.