Find numerous Ayurvedas in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Seema S KhandwalaYour feedback matters!
Sir, I have gas problem. Sometime I feel a little sensation in my head but once I drink cold milk or I pass gas I feel relieved. Pl advise.
hair. I am 20 years old and even not any beard was growing in my face. Please tell me a solution for it sir.
Pain in uterus no period since 56 days hpt tests negative hair fall is there .last years I had a section and i'm breastfeeding an 18 month old baby .I have a kidney stone 6 mm and had slight urine infection as per a urine test report last month .I had also done a sonography last month it should a renal calculus 6 mm both ovaries uterus and stomach normal pls suggest some medication.
My wife is suffering from irregular period her age is 48 years from 4 years Dr. BD Verna has advised to take Mala d and ashokarishta, I want to know that period is restart after every 10 days latter in this case translate wil postponed or continue.
Please suggest me for increase hight. What I can do for. Now my age is 20 years. What is scope or not pleaSe tell me.
This green gourd may be bitter in taste, but is packed with so many benefits, people who use it swear by it. Whether it is diabetes or asthma, the green bitter gourd has helped in many ways. Read on to know some of the health benefits of this wonder gourd. Hope that makes you learn to relish it beyond its bitter taste.
- Weight management: 100 g of the vegetable contains just about 20 calories, and is one of the best low-calorie foods. Coupled with its other benefits (listed below), this should find its way to anyone wanting to improve overall health
- Diabetes: Karela has the chemical polypeptide-P which is also known as plant insulin. It works as insulin and helps in blood sugar control. A glass of bitter gourd juice is one of the most well-known and successful home remedies for diabetics.
- Rich in folate: Bitter gourds are rich in folates and one can get up to 20% of the recommended daily from about 100 g of this vegetable. Widely used in menstruating women and pregnancy to prevent anemia and blood iron levels. In pregnancy, it also helps reduce neural tube defects in the developing baby
- Loaded with antioxidants: Alpha and beta carotenes, xanthenes, and lutein. All these help in controlling the release of free radicals and reduce bodily inflammation. This is the most important reason for the development of diseases like diabetes, cancer, and premature ageing. Therefore, bitter gourd helps in preventing and/or prolonging the onset of these diseases. Another independent antioxidant is vitamin C, and about 100 g of karela provides more than 100% of daily required dose
- Good for digestion: Bitter gourd is widely used for its digestive properties. It improves mobility, relieves constipation, and reduces problems of indigestion
- Good for respiratory system: Respiratory benefits of bitter gourd include clearing up of sputum, improving breathing, and relief from cough. Widely used in asthma patients
- Blood purifier: It is an excellent blood purifier and juice consumed in the morning is one of the best ways to detox the body
Though still to be proven, karela is known to help HIV/AIDS patients, as they contain phytochemicals, which improve immunity and reduce overall infection and inflammation in the body
Methods of Use:
- Both the leaves and the bitter gourd per se can be consumed for their health benefits
- The juice is the most beneficial method, though it might take you some time to acquire this taste. Whether it is for weight loss or diabetes, this offers the best medicinal value
- Curries are usually prepared with karela in different styles depending on cooking preferences in that area
- It can also be baked, boiled, and fried.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I have pimples skin nd use many medicine but not any best for me tell. Me any cream which I will used.
Had regular periods for last 4-5 cycles. Had two miscarriages 4 months ago. We tried this time also and I missed my usual period. Today is day 33, but HPT showed negative twice on day 28 as well as today. I was on glycomet before and stopped it a month ago. Is glycomet the reason for regular period? Should I restart it? Or can I be pregnant?
I am suffering from teeth problem as per and mouth smell but I use daily tuthpest. please suggest me gd medicine.
I am a 40 years old male having Hypertension for the past 5 years I was taking Telma 40 morning and amlong 5 mg evening for the last three years a week ago my BP suddenly shot up to 190/100 I was feeling dizzy and my heart was pounding very fast this lasted for half and hour. The next day I got and ECG and 2D Echo done which was normal but the TMT test showed positive for induced ischemia. On the Doctor's advice I got a coronary angiogram done which showed mild coronary artery disease but no blocks there was slight plaque build up in the arteries the doctor changed my medicine to cilamet xl 10/50 to be taken morning and ecosprin av 20/75 to be taken in afternoon. It has been 3 days and I still get sudden panic attacks where I feel chill feeling on my hands and chest and feeling of irregular heart beat this last for about 15 minutes and subsides. The doctor has now added ZAPIZ 0.5 to be taken in evening. With this I am not feeling the panic/anxiety symptoms. What is wrong with me should I see a Neurologist or Psychiatrist? Is this sudden feeling of panic/anxiety attack due to cilamet xl?
My weight is 85kg and height 5.6" inches. I want to lose some weight. Can you pls suggest some healthy diet.
Dear sir, I Shailesh suffering from fever and dandruff problem and also I am a diabetic kindly suggest me. Thanks.
I have many pimples on my face & also shoulders & their black mark of pimple so please tell me how to reduce this mark at home products?
Many children all over the world are affected by urinary tract infections or UTIs that can be resolved with simple antibiotics, but might also lead to complications at times. Most often, kids under 2 years of age are affected by it, and either the bladder or the kidney might be infected leading to cystitis or pyelonephritis , in smaller children kidneys are presumed to be infected unless proved otherwise.
Causes of UTIs
Though bacterial infections are the most common cause, viral or fungal infections might occur in some cases as well. Most UTI in infants are caused by structural abnormalities of urinary tract. Uncircumcised male infants or children with poor toilet habits, or female children with poor toilet hygiene are susceptible to this disease. Children suffering from a weak immune system might also be at a risk.
Symptoms and signs
Symptoms of UTI are very difficult to differentiate from any other illness in small kids under 2 years of age, symptoms include high fever, diarrhea vomiting, and dehydration. Basically any fever for which no cause is apparent must be evaluated for UTI. UTIs in older children beyond 5 years of age come with different signs including pain during urinating (dysuria), frequent urination, abnormal urge for urination, or bedwetting. Sometimes, fever, abdominal pain, blood in urine or vomiting might be signs as well.
Which doctor to consult?
In most cases, UTIs in children are treated by pediatricians, but if kidney function is troubled then a pediatric nephrologist needs to be contacted immediately. Pediatric Nephrologist to be consulted once the fever is over to look for cause of UTI.
- Tests carried out: To understand the underlying cause of the infection and any anatomical or functional risk factors, several examinations or tests are carried out. Vital signs like blood pressure, body temperature, and breathing rate are checked. The abdomen is palpated to find tenderness near the kidneys. Genital areas are also examined for signs of trauma, redness, discharge and such. Urine cultures are essential for diagnosing UTIs finally and this helps in assessing the antibiotic sensitivity profile too.
- Good to know: Right after an antibiotic is administered, UTI in children starts getting resolved. But recurrent UTIs might lead to urinary tract abnormalities like kidney malformation. Also note that UTI is not contagious, and cannot be passed on if children share a bath or if you sit on an infected toilet seat.
In most cases, UTIs respond well to oral antibiotics, though Pyelonephritis may require hospitalization and intravenous drip. Some studies are also carried out to check if the child is susceptible to renal scarring or kidney failure. These are as below:
- Renal ultrasound: Defines the location of the kidneys and their size and shape clearly.
- Voiding cysto-urethrogram: The bladder is filled with a dye through a catheter in this method. Then the catheter is removed to study if the bladder is getting emptied without any reflux or obstruction.
- Renal scan: To test the functioning of the kidneys and the risk of renal scarring, a bit of radioactive material is used.
- Intravenous pyelogram: Though rarely used, in this method, a dye is injected into the bloodstream and X-ray images are obtained.
- Maintaining proper hygiene: Girls should wipe from front to back and uncircumcised boys should be able to gently retract the foreskin to reveal the urethral opening.
- Complete voiding of bladder: Encourage kids to urinate every two to three hours, since they often ignore a full bladder to carry on playing.
- Consumption of fluids: Drink plenty of fluids and avoid constipation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pediatrician.
I am doing exercise in morning for 20 minutes and having honey with warm. Water but I am not able to follow diet plan and proper sleep because of my work. Load. I used to get sleep of 5 to 6 hours. So only exercise and honey water will. Work to loose weight or I have to give time for other things too?
I have problem of leucoria and I am getting very fat, even the breast part is increasing too much. I am not married and am of 23 years old. Kindly suggest some thing.
A broken bone or a fracture can be painful and it requires medical attention for the fracture to heal properly. Proper healing is necessary for the right alignment of the bone. A doctor chooses to either reduce or set the bone in terms of new alignment. The bone reduction can happen manually or surgically depending on the severity of the injury. A Surgical procedure known as the open reduction internal fixation is performed for serious fractures. It ensures that the all the broken pieces are fixed together and the injury can heal properly.
Post the fracture, the bone need to be immobilised for proper healing. This is generally achieved by imposing a cast. For fractures that are not severe in nature, a doctor might choose to impose a temporary cast so that simple motion can happen around the site of the injury. For serious fractures, a permanent cast is placed around the injury site. In the case of a shoulder injury, a patient is required to wear a sling so that the bones are immobilised.
Time Duration of a Therapy Session:
While the exact duration of physiotherapy can vary from individual to individual, it takes a minimum of 2-8 weeks for the fracture to completely heal. Certain fractures take more time to heal. The rate of healing also depends on the severity of the injury, pain threshold level of the patient, extent of work with the physiotherapist, the robustness of the physiotherapy program, extent of the injury of the soft tissue and certain other factors. Typically shoulder and neck injuries heal quicker than a fracture of the legs. The time duration of fracture healing also depends on the type of bone that has been affected.
Physiotherapy in a Hospital:
If the fracture happens in the ankle or leg, a physiotherapist might have to intervene in the hospital in order to teach patient about using assistive devices such as crutches and cane. Things that are taught during this time include using the device in order to climb stairs, right walking posture, getting into a car, taking the device off while sitting and such other techniques.
Physiotherapy at Home:
Physiotherapy can also happen from home if the doctor specifically instructs to do the same. This is typically done for people where the condition is too serious to go outside and get the physiotherapy done. Certain weight bearing restrictions are imposed around this time. The training remains the same as in the case with a hospital.
In the Clinic:
Once the patient becomes mobile enough, a doctor might suggest a patient go to a clinic to get the physiotherapy done. A physiotherapist evaluates certain things such as pain, range of motion, gait, flexibility etc. of the patient before suggesting a certain exercise plan. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a physiotherapist.