Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Seema KelkarYour feedback matters!
Infertility is a medical condition which is characterised by problems in successful conception, even after prolonged and frequent unprotected sex amongst a couple. Infertility may occur due to problems with either the male, the female partner and in many cases both of them. This condition can cause much strife in a relationship not just within the individuals but also be a cause for social embarrassment. The causes of infertility could be-
Testicular injury or deformed testis,
Irregular menstrual periods,
Problems with erections,
Uterus is ill-shaped,
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome,
Pelvic inflammatory diseases caused by Sexually transmitted infections such as gonorrhea and Chlamydia,
Scanty sperm count,
Blockage of the fallopian tube.
Other lifestyle related reasons could be excessive alcohol consumption, aging, diabetes, obesity, high pressure and as a side effect of radiation therapy or other medications.
Ayurveda and Infertility-
According to Ayurvedic scriptures, infertility occurs when there is a deficiency of nutrients in the Shukra Dhatu of an individual. This might occur as a result of indigestion and excessive toxic content in the human body. This could be caused due to excessive consumption of spicy foods or if they have chronic stress or anxiety. The Ayurvedic remedies boost the nutrition of the Shukra Dhatu in order to boost fertility. The most potent Ayurvedic herbs which can cure infertility are as follows:
A prescribed consumption of the powder of dried banyan bark along with sugar might help to cure infertility.
The inclusion of cumin and turmeric powder in regulated dosages in your daily food might also help to facilitate fertility.
A consumption of the root of the herb Ashwagandha for 3 times a day has also been shown to be beneficial.
A daily consumption of the powder of Vanari Kalpa in warm milk might help in curing any problems related to the ejaculation of semen.
Consuming a mixture of the powder of Vrushya vati in warm milk, it might help to increase the sperm count.
The consumption of Ayurvedic preparation of phalasarpi (a mixture of the herbs Kustha, manjistha, Triphala, tagara, haldi etc.) might help to deal with the problems of infertility in women.
Yoga also has many effective asanas or poses which help boost both male and female fertility and thus may help in correcting infertility caused due to physical factors such as injuries or deformities.
Changes in lifestyle also have to be brought in such as quitting smoking, reducing alcohol consumption among others.
hello doctor. I had sex with my boyfreind on2 december2014 and I did test on 12may 2015. And its shows non reactive. My report says method used -immuno assay method. Material tri-dot. Am worried I have no syptoms am healthy. Please advise. Negative results does not exclude possibility of exposure or infection of hiv virus. What does this mean?
I go for ultra sound n report says G.A is 34 weeks 4 days with single loop of cord around neck. Is there any problem?
Hi If any women have release two mature agg, one of them fertilized, nd other is not. Then what happened?
I am not getting my period since last month. I didn't had any physical relationship, I am single. I get cramps, bloating anxiety, sweating. Pain in lower abdominal part.
A surgical procedure, in which a woman's uterus is removed is referred to as a hysterectomy. The need for this operation can arise due to various reasons, which include:
- Development of uterine fibroids that are painful and accompanied by bleeding and other associated symptoms
- Uterine prolapse, which is characterised by a shifting of the position of the uterus, wherein it enters the vaginal canal
- Ovarian cancer, cervical cancer or endometrial cancer
- Vaginal bleeding that cannot be characterised as normal
- Development of a condition, in which the uterus thickens and is known as adenomyosis
- Chronic pain in the pelvic region
In Ayurveda, the uterus is associated with the Pitta dosha (fire element), and is considered to be a storehouse of metabolic fire. In fact, this is the reason why after a hysterectomy is performed, a woman generally loses the zest for life along with her creativity and feels demotivated, depressed, sentimental or lethargic. But Ayurveda can help in regaining your vitality post hysterectomy. Here's how:
The role of Ayurveda in hysterectomy:
In Ayurveda, the greatest healer of hysterectomy is the herb Shatavari (asparagus racemosus). This herb is known to balance out the Pitta Dosha, which is associated with the uterus. Not only that, this herb, whose name roughly means "a woman who has a 100 husbands," is extremely vital in reducing stress and in increasing Ojas (or vitality). It also helps in building stamina and increasing strength post surgery, while helping in maintaining a normal hormonal balance. A woman will also experience an increase in her Sattva (or positivity) with the help of this herb.
However, just after surgery, a woman is advised to have arjuna and turmeric as they are enriched with healing properties. A combination of other herbs along with Shatavari can help in calming the mind and keep fluctuating emotions in check. These other herbs include saffron, aloe vera, calamus, gotu kola, bhringraj, and brahmi rasayana or jatamansi.
Plz muje bataye pregnancy rakhne ke liye ya khana chahiye or kya nahi khana chahiye pregnancy rakhne k liye kuch tips dijiye.
Hello doctor, I have had a missed abortion at 7 week 6 days have aborted the same by oral medicine as per the doctor suggestion am turning 30 in few days and my husband is 43 and we are not blood relatives. Its 6 years in the marriage I can't afford to loose a month also so can I conceive in the same cycle. .If I conceive will the pregnancy be affected from the medicine I have taken.
He has prostate 21g he is feeling good during time but night time he is feeling pain around the back what should he eat and drink and best medicine for to get rid of this pain.
Hi I am 20 years old. I regularly have my periods but I bleed very little during periods. I have a chronic pain in my lower abdomen and back. Please help me.
I am 26 year I got 5 hpt negative with regular periods and 2 hcg negative (value 0.1) till 5th month of expected pregnancy and no sign of pregnancy in lower abdomen u/s at 10 th week but my belly is coming out. Any chance of pregnancy. What to do.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and share!
I get a Curdy white discharge foul smelling n very frequent .there is no itching or burning but the discharge squeezes out frequent this is from 16 days my periods are regular..Please tell .
Here are top 6 nutrients that are a must for women of all ages.
1) Vitamin B12 - Women suffer from extreme fatigue as soon as they reach late 20s or mid-30s and vitamin B12 has proven to be extremely efficient in not only curbing the feeling of fatigue, but also in promoting swiftness and alertness in the body.
2) Vitamin D3 - Lack of vitamin D3 is detrimental for breast and ovarian cancers which plague a large number of women. This vitamin also builds immunity against certain autoimmune diseases and provides adequate strength to muscles, bones and teeth.
3) Iron - Adequate levels of iron in the body ensures that you never run out of energy and are always active. In addition, iron plays an important role in maintaining efficient functioning of the brain.
4) Vitamin B6 - Vitamin B6 mainly promotes the maintenance of a healthy and regular sleep pattern and protects against sleep-related disorders such as insomnia. It also helps in the correct regulation of your appetite while maintaining hormonal balance, thus protecting you from mood disorders.
5) Folate - Women who are expecting or have recently given birth certainly benefit a great deal from adequate consumption of folate. These women are highly vulnerable to a number of spinal and brain defects which are effectively prevented by the nutrient. It also helps to make the body highly resistant to colon and breast cancers.
6) Calcium - Calcium is like a wonder drug for all women as it solves a majority of problems which hinder their daily life. It plays an important role in maintaining a stable blood pressure and is extremely efficient in controlling certain noxious symptoms of PMS. It is important also to maintain their bone density as they age.
If you have any questions on women health, please click on 'Consult.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.