Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Seema Kelkar
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Seema KelkarYour feedback matters!
I had a sex with my boyfriend but we used condom and it was a safe sex. But there is a delay in my periods this month and every time I urinate I found a sticky discharge and also there is a very light brown spot I found on my panties. I have a mild headache also. Am I pregnant?
According to contemporary medical studies, loss of sexual desire is more common in women than in men. As many as 3 in 10 women have reduced or limited sexual interest in any kind of sexual activity. While the medical term for this problem is Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder (HSDD), it is generally understood as a loss of libido.
There are multiple factors that contribute to this problem including psychiatric or physical disorders, relationship issues, hormonal disorders etc. Let us look at the causes of this disorder at length:
1. Medical Disorders:
- There are conditions such as endometriosis, fibroids and thyroid disorders that may have a negative impact on the sexual drive of a woman.
- Certain medicines such as antidepressants, oral contraceptives, and medicines that lower blood pressure may also negatively impact the sexual drive in women.
2. Hormonal Disorders:
- Dryness of the vagina and pain during sexual intercourse may affect sexual drive both mentally and physically.
- After menopause, drop in the count of testosterone hormone also affects sexual drive which can result in loss of libido.
- With advancing age, the level of androgens decrease, and hence results in a lack of sexual desire.
3. Lifestyle Disorders:
- In some of the cases, lack of emotional support in a relationship plays a significant role in the loss of libido. Post baby 'coolness' may also act as a driving force for loss in libido.
- In today's era, changing lifestyle is drastically affecting our lives. Following an unhealthy lifestyle may result in increased weight that may affect self-image, and indirectly may also affect the sexual desire.
- Stress and job, family pressure and exhaustion may also influence sexual desire of a woman.
4. Psychological factors
- Increasing cases of depression, anxiety, frustration, stress is also an important cause of loss of libido in the contemporary society.
- After childbirth, new moms tend to suffer from lack of sleep, insufficient lubrication of the vagina and exhaustion, which may affect her sexual desire.
The first and foremost step towards dealing with it is to make your partner understand your problem. Then, it is important to consult a doctor to find out the underlying cause, thereafter, treatment of the cause can normalize the condition. Since there are multiple causes of the problem, there are different ways by which the loss of libido can be easily managed and treated. Some of them are discussed below:
- Treatment of Hormonal Disorders: The doctors will suitably treat problems like thyroids or recommend surgical treatment for fibroids to manage HSSD.
- Change in Medications: Since some of the medications are responsible for the lack of libido, the doctors will replace the medications to reverse this lack.
- Addressing the psychological factors: Your doctor will either arrange for suitable psychiatric sessions or ask your partner to coordinate mutually.
- Sex Therapy/Relationship Counseling or Testosterone Therapy: While sex therapy or relationship counseling brings back the interest by effectively counseling the individual, Testosterone therapy involves off-label usage of testosterone hormone since it is not recommended by FDA.
Proper treatment and consulting a medical expert can reverse this disorder efficiently. So, talk about the problem more openly to seek proper guidance and cure. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
I had sex with my girlfriend 4 to 5 days ago without condom/protection but we used pull out method to avoid pregnancy. Her period cycle is is not same every time, sometimes it is of 2 months sometimes it's of 1 and a half month likewise. Now is there any chance of getting pregnant if we have sex around 50 days after her last period. One more thing to note she had masturbated herself during those 50 days 2 to 3 times. So I think the ovum has already been released and perhaps in one period cycle only one ovum is possible to cum. Please tell me if it is possible that she can get pregnant since we had sex last 4 to 5 days ago. Because her menstruation cycle is not of same time period so it is difficult to know that she missed her periods or just the period is late as always. Also how many days after sex we can take pregnancy kit test. Like prega news or something.
Sir my parters last date was on 7 june, and we had unprotected sex yesterday 4 july, should I gave her contraceptive tablet, or is it safe because her periods date is close. please help as soon as possible with clear remarks.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and share!
What are all significant symptoms before pregnant? My menstrual is skipping nearly for a month. Are there any specific symptoms?
Agar period regular Na ho toh pregnant hone ka chances kam hota h kya? I mean to ask that can I be pregnant if I missed my period for 3 months.
2 moths passed I got married. We r using not any precaution bt still there is no conceive in my wife. I am 33 yrs. Wife is 25. What sud I do.
Modern Homoeopathy has newly introduced a scientifically advanced system of homoeopathy based on clinical practices which include some new concept of development along with a traditional system of homoeopathy.
Complete Cure: Modern homoeopathy completely recovers the diseases and patient as a whole in the physical, mental and holistic way in order to prevent relapse of diseases for rest of life which is very essential and important. Most importantly, Modern Homoeopathy allows treatment of multiple diseases with same medicines at the same time, along with the rest of existing treatment.
Easy: In Modern homoeopathy, we use different types of medicinal forms and scales like decimal potency, centimal potency, 50 millisimel potency, mother tinctures, biochemic medicines, patents etc.
In Modern Homeopathy, mode of medicinal intake is very easy which can be taken without any confusion under the guidance of an expert homoeopathic consultant. Modern Homeopathy does not believe in the traditional law of homoeopathy that while taking homoeopathic medicines, there should be a restriction of high smelling foods or any other such thing.
Safe: In modern homoeopathy, there are no side effects of medicines even after use of highly potentised medicinal selection as per requirement of response or stages of diseases. As we know that in 'homoeopathy potentisation process', the power or potency or quality of medicines will increase gradually and simultaneously its quantity of medicinal substance will be reduced, hence, chances of side effects are almost nil.
Fast: The most differential concept of modern homoeopathy is its fast treatment process which gives it tremendous difference from the old system of homoeopathy, because in modern homoeopathy as of now 4,000 new medicines are available and 0-50 lakh potency is available, which are scientifically proved and capable of curing any health disease without any side effects.
Cost-Effective: Modern Homoeopathy even after its multi-dimensional importance is very cost-effective in comparison to the rest of the other branches of medical science.