Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Savla Nilesh AmrutlalYour feedback matters!
My baby born on 27th July, today is the 6th day, still baby is in nicu, the baby breath supported by ventilator. First three days was in machine support. Then they have reduced now 50%. I'm confused totally. My baby weight is 2 kg. 33 weeks completed. I don't know when will my baby come to my hand? My breast milk production also started. The baby was taken by cesarian. Kindly give the solution for my problem.
My daughter is 6 years old and for last 1 week she is having one big boil on her left forehead and in some parts of head along with lower part of left eye having boils and swelling. We are cleaning it with warm water and twice we are putting Himalaya eye drops twice a day. But the boil is in puss formation on her forehead. Please suggest medical reason and cure. Could it be because she ate mangoes during this summer month or probably because of excessive rising temperature of this summer?
Good morning Dr. My son is 7 years old. He eat properly but very lazy. How to get away his laziness.
Hello doctor. My baby is of 10 days now. And still there is no breast milk formed. Pls suggest as I don't want to keep him on powdered milk. This is my first pregnancy. Pls suggest how can I increase the flow of the milk.
My daughter has the habit of sucking the fingers. What can I do to get rid of that habit. Because of that her teeth been come out. Please help me doctors. She is 3 years of old.
I am 21 years old. I have 6 months baby. I give breast milk. Minimum and maximum How many years I have to give breast milk? Please tell me.
Why it's important that your child's diet is calcium-rich
Calcium is an inevitable part of your child's diet. You cannot afford to skip it if you wish to maintain a healthy lifestyle for your child. It is recommended that children between the ages of 9 and 18 should get approximately 1300 milligrams of calcium every day. Calcium-rich diet is important for your child for a number of reasons.
- calcium helps in building strong bones and teeth for your child.
- it is important in order to ensure proper functioning of your child's muscles and nerves.
- calcium plays a vital role in the release of such hormones and enzymes in your child's body that convert the food he eats into energy.
- it is also helpful in causing the blood to clot whenever your child gets bruised.
- since your child is continuously growing, a calcium-rich diet ensures an adequate supply of resources that help him to develop new bones that are healthy and strong.
- a calcium-rich diet is also essential as far as other bodily functions like muscle contraction, blood vessel constriction and relaxation are concerned.
What does lack of a calcium do to your child's body?
- lack of calcium can cause bone diseases like osteoporosis in your girl child, thus exposing her to a greater risk of weakened bones and possibility of fractures.
- if your child is a young kid and his diet lacks calcium or vitamin d, which absorbs calcium, he is exposed to the threats of the bone-softening disease called rickets. It can cause in him bowing of the legs, muscle pain and poor growth.
- bones are living tissues that change constantly, old bones keep getting replaced by newer ones and a calcium-rich diet aids this procedure. Therefore without an adequate supply of calcium, this process would borrow minerals from existing bones, thus weakening them and exposing them to increased risks of fracture.
- lack of calcium also increases risks of cardiovascular diseases, damaged gums, high blood pressure, ovarian and breast cancer and several other infirmities in your child in his later years.
My daughter is 2 and a half year old. She is having viral fever and is vomiting, mostly at night. Should emigo be given to child of that age? If yes what would be the dosage and frequency?
Hi, my son is 11 year old and his hight 134 CM and weight 25.50 Kg. Please advice how we can increase his hight. Please suggest some calcium or proteins medicine for his growth.
My 9 months daughter is teething. I want to know any homeopathic medicine for her. I am giving her calcium and vitamin supplements. please also suggest calcarea phos can be given to her. If so how much tabs be given.
My kid is 7 months old now and I wish to nurse him at least for 6 more months. I feel there is a reduction in milk quantity. Started taking Galact granules 2 months back but did not find it boost the milk supply. Please suggest diet to increase milk supply.
Uterine fibroids are tumors that grow in a woman's womb (uterus). These growths are not cancer (benign).
Uterine fibroids are common. As many as 1 in 5 women may have fibroids during their childbearing years. Half of all women have fibroids by age 50.
Fibroids are rare in women under age 20. They are more common in African-Americans than Caucasians.
No one knows exactly what causes fibroids. They are thought to be caused by:
Hormones in the body
Genes (may run in families)
Fibroids can be so tiny that you need a microscope to see them. They can also grow very large. They may fill the entire uterus and may weigh several pounds. Although it is possible for just one fibroid to develop, usually there are more than one.
Fibroids can grow:
In the muscle wall of the uterus (myometrial)
Just under the surface of the uterine lining (submucosal)
Just under the outside lining of the uterus (subserosal)
On a long stalk on the outside the uterus or inside the uterus (pedunculated)
Common symptoms of uterine fibroids are:
Bleeding between periods
Heavy bleeding during your period, sometimes with blood clots
Periods that may last longer than normal
Needing to urinate more often
Pelvic cramping or pain with periods
Feeling fullness or pressure in your lower belly
Pain during intercourse
Often, you can have fibroids and not have any symptoms. Your health care provider may find them during a physical exam or other test. Fibroids often shrink and cause no symptoms in women who have gone through menopause. A recent study also showed that some small fibroids shrink in premenopausal women.
EXAMS AND TEST
Your health care provider will perform a pelvic exam. This may show that you have a change in the shape of your womb.
Fibroids aren't always easy to diagnose. Being obese may make fibroids harder to detect. Your doctor may do these tests to look for fibroids:
Ultrasound uses sound waves to create a picture of the uterus
MRI uses powerful magnets and radio waves to create a picture
Saline infusion sonogram (hysterosonography): Saline is injected into the uterus to make it easier to see the uterus using ultrasound
Hysteroscopy uses a long, thin tube inserted into through the vagina and into the uterus to examine the inside of the uterus
If you have unusual bleeding, your doctor may do one of these procedures:
A small piece of the lining of the uterus is removed and checked for cancer (endometrial biopsy)
The doctor inserts a small tube through a small cut in your belly to look inside your pelvis (laparoscopy)
Fraxinus Americana,Aurum mur Nat,sepia,Helonias,thuja,medorrhinum,Carcinosin