Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SavitaYour feedback matters!
Hello, I am facing irregular periods because of pcos. I have heard that taking vitamin C for 3-4 days induces periods. please tell how much mg of vitamin c should I take to induce my late periods and suggest some weight loosing tips.
I am 36 years old and my pap test has gave" mild inflammatory smear" report. There is fowl smell in my vaginal fluids, I want to meet good gynecologic doc in Hyderabad. Please suggest a good lady doc.
Uterine fibroids, also referred to as uterine myomas) are non-cancerous tumors that grow within the muscle tissue of the uterus. As many as 20% to 50% women between the age group of 18 to 40 suffer from the condition, but not all cases warrant treatment.
It may be as tiny as a coin or it may grow to the size of a watermelon, making people think the lady is 6/7 months pregnant! There may be one big fibroid or several small ones.
Though the exact causes are not known, family history and hormonal imbalances are said to be the main causes for the same.
Types of Uterine Fibroids
The four types are:
- Subserosal Uterine Fibroids: Develops outside the uterus and continues to grow.
- Intramural Uterine Fibroids: The most common type that lead to pregnancy like tummy. They develop within the uterus wall and continue to expand.
- Submucosal Uterine Fibroids: Because these develop within the uterus lining, they are most likely to be the cause of heavy flow during periods.
- Pedunculated Uterine Fibroids: These grow on the inner or outer side of a small stalk connecting to the uterus.
- An enlarged uterus is the most common symptom. It is often mistaken for general weight gain or pregnancy.
- Prolonged and painful menstrual cycle, that is many times irregular.
- Urinary incontinence and constant urge to urinate.
- Pelvic pressure.
- Pressure on the bowels leading to constipation.
- Pain during intercourse.
If you find out that you have fibroids during an examination or if you visit a doctor with any of these symptoms, they will most likely ask for an ultrasound or Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) which will confirm the type of fibroid and the extent of your problem. Treatment includes non-invasive-focused ultrasound surgery.
Treatment with Homeopathy:
One of the best advantages of choosing Homeopathy is that it works without side effects. It addresses the issue rather than the symptom. A surgical procedure mentioned in general treatment does remove the fibroids but there is no guarantee that they won't grow back as the underlying issue of hormonal imbalance remains.
During a clinical study of the effects of Homeopathy on fibroids, 85% patients showed improvement and 48% people had complete fibroid removal.
Treatment: There are medicines in Homeopathy that can treat uterine fibroids, cervical fibroids and help maintain normal hormonal balance in females.
A healthy and physically fit body is a prerequisite of a happy life, thus it is important that we prevent our body from STDs. STDs are nothing, but those diseases that are usually invited by sexual intimacy or intercourse. Some of these diseases are even life threatening at times, and if you want to prevent them, then you have to adopt a few preventive measures.
Best preventive measures for preventing STDs:
- Using latex condoms: Latex condoms need to be used during sex every time, and these condoms are the safest of all condom varieties available in the market. Both pregnancy and STDs can be easily and efficiently prevented by means of these condoms, and this is the reason everybody is using the same. But you should have the knowledge of correct usage of these condoms.
- Keeping intimate areas clean: Do not ever forget to wash your genitals after or before making intercourse with your partner and this is needed for preventing sexual diseases. Sometimes, excessive lubrication during sexual intercourse brings infectious diseases and thus, your genitals get exposed to sexual diseases.
- Stop sharing items: Sharing undergarments or towels with your friends or close mates can be very much dangerous as you might develop STDs. Even if you have allowed somebody using these personal items of yours, you have to wash them carefully before using the same.
- Avoid multiple sex partners: Both the sex partners should be loyal to each other and should not make sex with multiple partners as that will invite STDs. Having sex with more than one partner can be quite dangerous as a result of which your genital organs get infected and this infection later on turns into serious sexual diseases that cannot be easily treated.
- Avoiding unhealthy lifestyle: If you are exposed to excessive smoking, drugs and alcohol, then you might develop different kinds of STDs. Therefore, you are highly recommended to lead a completely healthy lifestyle so that a healthy sexual life can be enjoyed. You will never be able to have safe sex if you are so very addicted to alcohol, smoking and drugs.
- Have vaccination: Vaccination is now considered as one of the safest methods for preventing STDs. HPV vaccines are the popular, and the most recommended ones and thus, teenagers can take them before getting sexually active. Hepatitis-B vaccinations are also required for getting increased protection against serious sexual diseases, especially AIDS and others. HIV testing is also very much essential in this regard, and you should not avoid the same.
Related Tip: "6 Types of STDs You Need to Be Aware of"
Me and my gf had sex on 5th day of period. She had her last menstruation cycle on 16 january and before that she had her cycle on 17 december. The sex we had on 21 january was unprotected. And also till date she do not have any signs of pregnancy like vomiting and fainting. So is there any chance of getting pregnant? And if yes, what we can do to avoid pregnancy?
I am 19 years old I had protected sex on 18th of November to be at the safer side I took ipill on the same day. Later in the month of December I did not get my periods I consulted gynecologist she prescribed me to take regestrone for 5 days then I got my periods on 21st Jan again I missed my periods in the month of Feb she again prescribed me to take primolut n for 3 days and got my periods on 9th of march. I got scanning done, everything was normal I got bulky uterus in that later I got thyroid done even that was normal. Meanwhile its still in my mind that I can be pregnant Anything happens to me I relate it to pregnancy. Can I still be pregnant? Please help me out.
I delivered a baby through c-section. My baby is of three months. Can I do Alom vilom yoga? Please suggest any exercise or yoga to bring my tummy to normal size.
The Pap Smear Test or the Pap Test is a screening test for cervical cancer. This test helps in detecting the possible growth and presence of precancerous as well as cancerous cells within the cervix - the opening of the uterus. This test was named after the doctor who discovered its use when it comes to detecting the signs of the early onset of this kind of cancer.
Let us find out more about the Pap Smear Test:
- Reasons: The main reason behind getting a Pap Smear Test done on a regular basis is to rule out any risk or sign of cervical cancer. Also, it can help in detecting the 40 sexually transmitted viruses that may be lurking around in your system. It is a fact that genital warts are born from the presence of the Human Papillomavirus or HPV which can be of 100 different types - out of which 40 lead to STDs. These STDs can be the start point of cervical cancer.
- HPV and the Pap Smear test: The Pap Smear Test may not be able to detect the exact kind of virus, but it can easily detect any cellular growth and changes that may be caused due to the virus. This helps in homing on to the risk or the beginning of cancer. In case this is detected, then the treatment can start before the problem becomes too difficult to manage.
- Candidates: The perfect candidates for the Pap Smear Test include women who have crossed the age of 21 years or above. Also, women who have a weak immune system due to the presence of the HIV virus also need to get this test done regularly as they are prone to risk of contracting cancer and infections, more than others. Once a woman over 30 years of age has had three normal Pap Smear readings in a row, she can ask her doctor to schedule her for a Pap Smear Test once in five years.
- Preparation: To begin with, you must ensure that you are not menstruating on the day of the test, in which case it will have to be rescheduled. Avoid having sex at least a few nights before the test as well.
- Procedure: The procedure for the test is pretty quick, but a little uncomfortable. The doctor will ask you to lie down before putting your legs up in stirrups and then insert a speculum into the vagina so as to extract sample cells for testing. The scraping action may cause mild pain later.
Get in touch with your doctor about getting regular Pap Smears to rule out the possibility of cervical cancer.
Hi, My age is 28 years. Ht 5" 4. Wt 70 kg. We are trying for pregnancy since 1 yr. My husbands reports are all normal. I am having pcos. But my periods are very regular. I am using medicine for partial seizure since 1 yr.(oxetol 300 mg twice daily.) and I am using metformin 500 mg thrice daily since 5 months. But I am not getting pregnancy. please help me out madam. I am getting very depressed. I have not used any contraceptive pills still now. Y insulin levels are also normal.
I had my period on the 10th of June and it's about 28 to 30 days cycle, can you please tell me when are the fertile days for planning to get pregnant?
Hello mine 8 month is going to be completed and I have taken stiches in 4 month but now it's paining me a lot . Why?
Hello sir/mam, I am 26 years old women, From last few days I am feeling some kind of irritation in my vagina and I urge to pee more frequently then before and when I go to pee I only release 3,4 drops out of my body, please suggest me what to do ,any home remedy or should I go to doctor?
If my wife is pregnant 20 days and I do not want that child what should I do in that case? Is there any tablet or medicine that can cause abortion? If yes will you prescribe me that medicine.
My sister in law have 5 month baby. After 1 month of delivery her left leg got swell. We were checked up to doctor and he suggest us for colour doppler. After checking the report he said mamta facing problem of DVT (Deep Vein Thomsis). At first they start Tab name Acitrom (2mg to 16 Mg) but INR ratio still stable between 1.50 to 1.80 we changed the Doctor last month and he start tab name WARF (2mg to 8 mg). Mamta's last INR ratio is 1.50 dated 15.04. 16. Please suggest us what should we do?
Hy I had sex after periods on 8th day than I took I pill before week bt now im getting brown coloured liquid with white discharged liquid not like periods bt when urinate nd clean vagina that point of time I get since last 2 days ANd I gt boils on vagina before I shaved than I guess its nt a major prb ill b in periods.
A healthy and nutritious breakfast can make a good morning even better. Myths and misconceptions are galore when it comes to a healthy breakfast. Many of the lip smacking breakfasts come with zero nutritional value, but they look so tempting that we fall for such delicacies. A healthy breakfast is not always healthy. Some of the assumed healthy and nutritious foodstuff can do your health more harm than good. Thus, one needs to get their facts right before zeroing upon a particular breakfast.
- French toast - a perfect toast to unhealthy life: Ideally, a healthy breakfast should give you energy and keep you fit and active throughout the day. French toast is anything, but healthy and nutritious. It has negligible nutritional value. With this breakfast, all those rigorous exercises will prove to be futile. Some people go a step further. They team this already unhealthy breakfast with French fries and sausages. This palatable breakfast can give your waistline nightmares, not to forget the associated health complications. Bread toast with boiled or scrambled eggs is a much healthier and nutritious alternative.
- Cake and pastry - the sweet devil: Cakes and pastries for breakfast are sure to throw your health in jeopardy. Pastries and cakes are both simple carbohydrates. When taken in, these are immediately broken down to glucose. An elevated glucose level often results in an abnormal rise in insulin level. This can lead to serious health problems, with diabetes and obesity being the most common complications. There will inflammation affecting the whole body. Your skin will be the worst affected. It will lose its radiance and appear wrinkled and saggy.
- Donut for breakfast - a complete evil: It is the best way to welcome the unwanted calories and fats into your body. Donuts mostly contain trans- fats that can result in serious healthy complications. You will feel lethargic throughout the day. Obesity and donuts are like two faces of the same coin.
- The sugary juice - a road to obesity: For some people, the breakfast is incomplete without fruit juices. While fruit juices appear as a good, healthy option, the facts are just the opposite. Freshly prepared juices can still be accepted, but the packaged fruit juices are a big no. The packaged juices are loaded with sugar that can never do your health any good. Whole fruit is a much better and recommended option for your health.
- Bagels - a big no: When loaded with cream or cheese are no longer considered healthy. Flavoured yoghurts are equally unhealthy and should be avoided. Before going for packaged cereals, the nutritional contents should be well read and understood.
Your health is important. The sooner you realise this, the better it is. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.