Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SavitaYour feedback matters!
I am 27 my periods are irregular more than 35 days from 5 months from when I am trying to conceive. My last period come on 6th july and ends on july 10th and at 18th July bleeding occurs which not heavy like periods bleeding. I take a test on 6th August but negative then I take meprate 10 mg twice a day for 5 days now the 5 days is complete to finish the tablet but period not come and today pregnancy test is negative. My pelvis and uterus ultrasound is normal. please suggest me medicine for period is come in 2 days. Plz, plz.
As I was pregnant of 2month I have done my abortion by taking tablets with the doctor from that time every month my period date changes and also I am not getting pregnant.
I am a breastfeeding mother of 9 month old. I have PCOs and looking to reduce weight. Can I drink detoxing Sassy Water while breastfeeding?
Contraceptive methods of birth control are usually quite successful. By these methods, you can enjoy your life without the worry of pregnancy. Modern technology has led to the formulation of avid techniques of contraception; some are temporary and the others permanent. However, no matter how well these methods work, almost all of them have got a variety of side effects on your body and health.
Here is a list of different modes of contraception and the side effects they may cause:
This long term method of birth control is an effective one. The side effects are:
- A surgery is required where rods are inserted under your skin. This might be risky surgery
- If you want to remove it, again another surgery has to be carried out
- An Infection may develop in the area where the thin rods are inserted
Intra Uterine Device
A device is fitted into the uterus, which does not cause pregnancy. An effective method with the following side effects:
- There is a risk of the device falling off
- This causes puncture in the uterus
- The device made of copper may lead to menstrual cramps and spotting
Depo Provera Hormonal Injection
This mode of contraception involves taking an injection, which restricts pregnancy for a period of three months. The side effects are:
- Gaining of extra weight, fatigue
- Decrease of bone density
- Menstrual bleeding along with spotting takes place
Birth Control Pills
Birth control pills are one of the most common and most effective ways of birth control or contraception. However, several side effects may be observed.
- Causes nausea, headaches and also blood clots in rare cases
- In case you use other prescribed medicines along with birth control pills, severe damage may be inflicted
This mode of contraception is very effective. It also helps in making menstrual periods of women much lighter and in continuity. The side effects are:
- May cause nausea and headache
- There is a vast increase in appetite
- There is a risk of blood clot formation.
A very successful mode of contraception where a diaphragm is inserted and fitted into the vagina. The negatives of this mode are:
- It may get out of place during sex and is likely to cause damage
- The process can be a mess
- Causes urinary infections
All modes of contraception irrespective of their effectiveness have got some side effects on your health. Hence, you must choose them wisely.
My wife had taken abortion pill on 1. That day pain was heavy and even the bleeding. But slowly its decreasing. But I am worried even its bleeding on 5 day. I just want to know is it normal or there is something to be worried Note-pain and bleeding is decreasing a bit daily.
I have desk job. My age is 21. My periods flow nowadays are become less. Earlier the period use to continue for 4 day. But now it is reduce to 2 days nd even the flow is less. Is it normal?
I have a burning sensation on the outer walls of my vagina. However, there is no sort of discharge or stinging pain while peeing otherwise. Also, there's no itching. What might be the reason? And what needs to be done?
Why it is paining during intercourse. And it in not first time to be in coitus .It having so many time. But every period of intercourse it paining when I used to do sex with my partner. Please suggest me why it is paining.
I had an operation of uterus removal last year because of the problem of heavy bleeding. Later it cause to several other problems (after operation. Like gradual weight gain. I do exercise but it causes muscles pain. And I have joint pain in my body. So I was unable to continue with the exercise. Other main cause is fatigue. I feel weakness in my body. I want to lose weight and I want a proper diet chart according to my age and my health condition.
I am 6 month pregnent Mujhe kya khana chahiye jisse me ek healthy baby ko janam du Or normal baby ho.
I am having sex with my wife from last 1 year n my wife is polyistic ovary n for that she has taken a treatment now done with all tests her egg is developing still she is not able to conceive.Please tell.
Hello wife ki first time mother ban ne ke sahi age ki limit kya hai? Aur kya first time sex se wo mother ban sakti hai? Aur Kis sex se mother banega yeah kaise pta chalega?
I had consulted the doctor and took semen test and was successful. My wife had also consulted a gynecologist and all the initial test were successful. But still my wife is not conceived. Please guide us that how my wife conceived.
Is it necessary to store some urine in urinary bladder. Before having the ultrasound for pregnancy test.
Pregnancy is that period of time in a woman's life when she is excited about giving birth to her baby. She is not only responsible to keep herself healthy, but her baby is also her responsibility. What she eats, how she lives and her daily routine will affect the baby. Thus, to have a healthy pregnancy it is necessary that you exercise regularly and eat well. You should also avoid those things that may hurt your baby.
Take care of what you eat:
During pregnancy it is important to get proper nutrition so that you and your baby are healthy. For slow and gradual weight gain, it is necessary to pay close attention to the folic acid, calcium and iron intake. However, if you are obese, then your weight gain regime will be different from others.
The diet during pregnancy should include:
- Intake of fruit and vegetables is important as they are good sources of vitamins, minerals and even fiber. They are good for digestion and also help in preventing constipation. Eat fresh fruits and vegetables daily.
- During pregnancy carbohydrates are also important as they act as an important source of energy. Different food items that are rich in carbohydrates are potatoes, bread, breakfast cereals, pasta, rice, noodles, millet, maize, oats, yams, sweet potatoes, and corn meal. It is better to eat whole grains and potato with the skin on as they are rich in fiber.
- Intake of protein is very important during pregnancy, and thus you should take lean meat, pulses, beans, nuts, fish, and eggs. All these items should be cooked well so that you do not face any problem in digestion during pregnancy.
- It is also necessary to eat dairy products like milk, cheese, butter and yoghurt during pregnancy. They are important because they contain the calcium and nutrients that are necessary for the growth of the baby.
What to avoid?
Just as you should eat certain food items to be healthy, there are certain foods that must be avoided to be fit and healthy. Avoid the following during pregnancy
- Drugs and alcohol
- Medicines that are not prescribed by your physician
- Smoking tobacco
- Fried and oily food
- Fishes those are rich in mercury like shark, tilefish, swordfish and those fishes that are caught in local waters are not considered safe.
- Too much intake of caffeine is also hazardous for a pregnant lady.
Thus, by following the above-mentioned diet tips you can keep your baby and yourself healthy. Always get advice from your physician for any decision that you take during pregnancy.