Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Saurav SajanwalaYour feedback matters!
Dr. I'm using kozhilte skin whitening cream. If I stop tht cream my skin become more darker. Now what I want to maintain the color.
I am 19 year old male and have my face wrinkles, pimple and oily face since 2 years. please take me very well tips. My all face looking ugly.
Dear Sir/Madam I have some dark patches in my fingers. Its thick and darkening for 3-4 years, I have used fordurm but no positive result has been found yet. Please help or suggest for the same ranjit dey 9681633334.
I am a 21 year old boy. I am a late sleeper and late riser. That's why I have got dark circles in my eyes. How can I remove it?
My wife is very lean and her cheek is very lean how to improve her personality mainly cheek and one more problem is her lips is not smooth white in colour crack occur in her lips. How to improve smooth and reddish lips. Is there any health problem. Daily moisturizing with vaseline, ghee wat to do pls suggest me.
Hi doctor. I am 29 years old guy. I have skin disease. I had severe dandruff when I was 15. The dandruff particles fell on my face and my face became dark below eyes. My forehead and eye circle is normal but below lower eyes to throat my skin became dark. Apart from that small fuzzy acne on my nose and cheeks. If I press that I always get white colour solid substance coming out from that. And also I have shave allergy. Everytime I face burning sensation and lot of heat boils next day of shaving. I met bot allopathy and ayurveda doctors but no luck. Could anyone please suggest what to do next? thanks.
Jock itch can be defined as a fungal infection affecting the skin, especially around the inner thighs, genitals, buttocks or the groin region. Also called ‘tinea cruris’, this condition triggers irritation that results from the ring-shaped red rashes that primarily affect the warm and moist regions of one’s body. This condition majorly affects people who sweat excessively, such as athletes or even people who are over-weight. Although it is often bothersome and uncomfortable, jock itch doesn’t bring about severe complications for the affected individual. Jock itch can easily be cured by keeping the groin region dry and applying topical anti-fungal medications.
The main symptoms of Jym itch include itchy and painful rashes in the buttock, inner thigh or the groin region. The rash is usually tan, red or brown in color, slightly scaly and often formed at the edges.
Putting on damp, wet or unlaundered clothing, such as athletic supporter and very tight underwear or wearing them frequently.
Sharing towels that were used by a person suffering from the same condition.
Taking showers irregularly, especially after excessive sweating or exercising.
Living in hot and humid conditions.
Wearing tight clothing.
Immune system disorders.
Anti-fungal creams or lotions can help treat ringworm of the groin. Few examples are Miconazole, Econazole, Clotrimazole and Ketoconazole. These medications should be applied twice a day for about two to four weeks.
In case the eruptions start to ooze fluids or pus, antibiotics may be administered by the doctor.
Measures to prevent recurrence of tinea cruris include weight reduction (if obese), wearing less occlusive clothing, drying thoroughly after bathing, using topical antifungal powders, laundering contaminated clothing, and treating concomitant fungal infection of nail of feet, if present.
I am 18 years old Boy. I am not too much overweight but I am 86 kg right now And My Face looks normal but When I laugh It looks Too Much Ugly And My Body Shape looks too much Fat, Now I Passed my IT Diploma and Now I'll go to Engineering But After 8th Standard my Wright is Increasing day by Day Thank God Increase rate is too slow but After 8th I Gradually Stooped Playing outside, till 10th I used to Play Outside games Like Cricket, Running, Football, Kabaddi, Swimming, Even Gymnastics but Now It is Impossible to Do any of it I really want to go to Ground but Always I loose and Sweating is another Huge Problem When I go outside. My Face Becomes too much wet I Don't have any Breathing Problem or I Don't get Sweating by Running or Exercise but nowadays I can't go outside of AC or Fan for even a Single minute I want to be Strong Once again I used to Look Good and Healthy but Now I really Look Ugly and Weak I want to change it I want to make me Great again like I was I joined gym for 1 month but that was no use I did everything Yoga, Swimming and all But I can't even do that Once Even 2 kg Dumbbells make My Hand Pain I don't want this I want to be Strong Once again please And I got Hair loss Problem too yes I agree O ate lot of Bad food From. Street from Junk Food Pani Puri, Vada Paav, to Dominoes and Not a single work I feel that I lost everything And There is no way to be like before once again I even Hate My smile nowadays Because my eyes Looks So Small and Face too much big How I suppose to Be Great Once again? I really want to be like before as soon as possible what I suppose to do for make me Great again?
Nowadays no pimples will comes on my face due to my diet maintenance but marks and pores remain in my face. Lot of small and big pores is on cheeks so please give some idea to control of it.
My skin iz darker comparing to my friends, I have consulted some doctors in my city but unfortunately their creams dsnt worked properly for brightening my skin. Is there any cream which is best for skin brightening?
Helo as I have already mention in my previous post that I am facing pitta dosha issue very badly. My whole body face red rashes and red pimples with itching I became very frustrated with this issue, please give me any good suggestions.
I have black spots on my face I have been using spots removal cream but it does not work. So can you please suggest me what should I use?
I am 22 years old, I have pimples on my face since last 4 years and it's painful to me, and I want a healthy skin and very Fair color I am Fair. Thank you sir.
Acne vulgaris is a skin disease that causes pimples. It begins in the skin’s oil glands.
Oil travels onto the surface of the skin via a canal called the hair follicle. Pimples pop up when the hair, oil and cells in the follicle form a plug, which clogs the pore. This allows for the bacteria that normally live on the skin to grow and multiply in the clogged pore and when your body’s defense system attacks these bacteria, the area gets inflamed resulting in an unsightly pimple.
Most pimples are found on the face, neck, back, chest, and shoulders and just about anyone can get these zits. No one knows exactly what causes acne in adults. Contrary to what you may have heard, pimples are not caused by dirty skin, but dirt may aggravate acne and so does stress.
Types of acne
Acne can be two types:
- White heads - If the clogged follicle stays beneath the skin and you get a whitish zit, it’s called a white head.
- Black heads - If the plugged follicle reaches the skin surface, you get a blackish bump called a black head. The blackness is because the sebum or oil darkens on the skin’s surface due to exposure to air.
Who is susceptible?
- Anyone can get pimples, but people who are undergoing hormonal changes like adolescents and pregnant women are more susceptible. An increase in levels of certain hormones during puberty can cause the skin oil cells to enlarge and make more oil.
- Adult women become predisposed when they stop taking the contraceptive pill or begin taking it, as this causes a hormonal see-saw too.
- Studies suggest that you can also inherit a tendency to have acne. So genes play a role.
- Certain drugs can cause acne.
- Oily cosmetics can clog pores, leading to acne.
Prevention of Acne
There is no sure way to prevent acne, but try these measures to prevent severe breakouts –
- Wash your face often if you have oily skin.
- Try oil-free cosmetics. Choose products labeled ‘noncomedogenic’, which do not promote the formation of closed pores.
- Always wash after exercising because sweat can clog your skin pores and make your existing acne worse.
- Remember to wash your face and other areas prone to acne as soon as possible, especially after cooking hot, greasy food.
- If you use stuff like hair sprays or styling gels, make sure that you keep them away from your face as much as possible as these products contain oils that can make acne worse. Always try to use water-based products if you are prone to acne.
- If you get acne on your chest or back, avoid wearing tight clothes as these can rub against the acne and cause irritation.
- Never try to pop or squeeze a zit as this can push infected skin and pus deeper into your skin, which can lead to more swelling and redness.
- Wash hair often if you have an oily or dandruff-prone scalp.
Treatment of acne
- It usually takes time to find a product that works for your skin. Over-the-counter (OTC) products come in different strengths. The ingredient that works for most people is benzoyl peroxide. Another ingredient, salicylic acid, is also very effective as it helps to dry up pimples.
- It's best to seek a dermatologist's advice if you find OTC products aren't working for you. He or she will prescribe special gels, creams or pills to fight stubborn acne.