Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Saurabh Dani
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Saurabh DaniYour feedback matters!
Motherhood is a gift and though every woman understands this, only those who are infertile, really yearn for it. There are several reasons why some women aren’t able to conceive a baby naturally. One of the most common reasons is a blocked fallopian tube, in fact; almost 20% of female infertility cases are due to this cause. The good news, however, is that it is treatable.
Fallopian tubes are essentially two pipe like tubes surrounding the uterus that act as a transport mechanism between the sperm and the fertilised egg. If there is an obstruction in any of the tubes, the sperm won’t be able to reach the egg and hence forming an embryo will effectively be impossible.
There are several reasons why fallopian tubes may be blocked:
- Infection: Some of the most frequent cases that doctors witness on day to day basis is of blocked fallopian tubes that are caused due to an infection in the area. These could range from sexually transmitted diseases, including HIV.
- Pelvic inflammatory disease: This is an infection of the uterus (womb), ovaries and fallopian tubes, causing tissues to stick together, forming obstructions in your tubes. Severe cases may lead to pus filled abscesses developing in the ovaries and fallopian tubes.
- Endometriosis: A condition where parts of your uterus lining grow in other areas besides the uterus, such as fallopian tubes or ovaries.
- Hydrosalpinx: Formation of fluid inside the fallopian tubes is also known as distal tubal occlusion in medical terms. It can be treated through a surgical procedure called salpingectomy. Scar tissue, adhesions and damaged tube ends that may be caused through previous injury or surgery.
If you’re diagnosed with obstruction of fallopian tubes, don’t lose heart. Ask gynaecologist to recommend the right treatment protocol, that will help you to conceive soon. They will conduct a laparoscopy, which is a surgical procedure to look inside your pelvic area and at your fallopian tubes to suggest the necessary course of action. Some of the options may include the following:
- IVF: In vitro fertilisation is one of the most common procedures to help you conceive. It is a non-invasive technique which is safe and effective.
- Tubal surgery: Depending on the position and extent of the fallopian tube blockage, tubal procedures can be done using microsurgical techniques, wherein the blocked or infected portion of the tube is removed and the two healthy ends of the tube are then joined.
- Medication: In cases of infection, over-the-counter medication or hormones may be given to the patient.
Though being a mother is a wonderful feeling, do not consider yourself unfortunate if you can’t conceive. Think of it as an opportunity presented to you, to adopt a child and to make his or her life complete. Motherhood can come in all forms, so be ready to embrace it in any way.
I have a problem if white discharge n I feel wet while sitting on table at ma school time what can I do to get rid from this thing.
Sports injuries can happen to any person who engages in sporting activities. These affect full-time athletes as well as those who partake in sports and exercising on an occasional basis. Most sports injuries are acute and affect the muscles and skeletal system. Usually, they are not chronic unless caused by a grave accident or left untreated.
The most common types of injuries caused due to sports are as follows:
Treatment of sports injuries depends on a number of factors such as the type of injury, part of the body affected, the intensity of the pain, and the patient's age and medical history.
Accordingly, the most common ways of approaching the pain caused by sports injuries are:
- Immediate remedies: Several quick aid, home remedies are used to treat pain that is caused by minor injuries to muscles, such as sprains and strains. It involves alleviation of pain through rest, using ice packs and hot water bags, wearing supports and elastic compression bandages.
- Medication: Many medicines such as painkillers and anti-inflammatory pills, creams and sprays effectively reduce pain caused by sports injuries. In extreme cases, morphine and codeine are also prescribed.
- Physical therapy: A number of injuries can be treated and cured through certain exercise and workout routines. These aim at stretching and strengthening the affected area to provide pain relief through increased flexibility and muscle activity.
- Injections: Various substances and chemical compounds can be injected into the injured area which works on the affected ligaments, tendons, and cartilage to reduce inflammation and relieve pain.
- Surgical procedures: This is generally resorted to in case of damage to the skeleton in the form of broken bones and cracked ribs.
- Interventional Pain relieving procedures: These include regenerative or stem cell therapy, and neuromodulation techniques using radio frequency current. They may result in best results without any tissue cutting or damage. A pain specialist may be able to help you best in that case.
Devising the exact treatment method requires a thorough examination of the injury. Diagnosis can only be provided after taking into consideration the many factors that affect treatment. The method of treatment varies from case to case and consequently, the recovery time also differs.