Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ayurvedas online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Saumyaranjan PandeyYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Doctor pandey has a good knowledge of ayurveda practice. His treatments for obesity was excellent. I have loose 20 kgs in 4 just months.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Saumyaranjan Pandey to be very helpful. Doctors answer is very comamdable...
My vagina has been itching. Not every time, but sometimes, like once or twice constant itching in a month. What could be he problem?
I have sex with my girlfriend unprotected in 28 August and I give her unwanted 72 with in one hour after sex. Her means recent stop when I sex. Her means date is 24 August. But after sex, five days later her means again start and continue three days and stop .but still she does not get means. Today 26 September but she doesn't get means. If there any chance of pregnancy. Please help me. I am very worried about this. 7 days ago she got a short bleeding which stay two hours. Please help me.
M having irregular periods from last 3-4 years I had taken krimson 35 for 2 years n after that I stopped taking medication. I have facing acne problem as well as hairutism. Wht CN I do to regulate my cycles.
I have sore throat and cough. I feel like something is falling in my throat and my nose is stuffed. While sleeping I have to keep my mouth open to breath. What should I take?
I am a young guy, I am jus 23 years old boy. But I have very low sex stamina, when I masturbate I ejaculate within 1-2 minutes, but when I doing sex, I ejaculate just within 2-3 seconds, when I put pennis inside the vagina, immediately I ejaculate. Its gery bad. I asked one time to Lybrate specialist, but they saying about natural health tips to increase sex stamina, but I physically fit person. I want fast treatment about this peblm, any medical treatment is there? To increase sex stamina, please tell me sir.
I walk for four to five hours daily and at night I suffered from severe back pain. Please suggest me some medicine. I need your help.
I feel fatigue during summers. Feel pain in my calf n heels. Don't feel like doing anything. My age is 29. What should I do to get rid off this?
I took contraceptive pill on 20th april, then I got periods after 4 days. And the period lasted for 5 days i. E 29th april. Then accidentally due to manufacturing defect in condom, it got torn and semen entered. When I immediately went to pee almost all semen dropped out, on 30th. April. Do I need to take an i-pill again. Pls tell me.
I have a desk job and my weight has been increased drastically in the past 1 year eventhough I have been following diet plans. kindly provide some suggestions.
A painful condition when vein around the rectum, anus swell into bigger size is known as hemorrhoids. Hemorrhoid or pile is quite painful. It can grow near external or inner portion of the anus. Sometimes an extra mass grows outside the anus, which is quite painful. A person suffering from this experiences extreme difficulty in passing stool. It not only is painful but also, blood releases through stool. Sometimes the pain is too severe to bear, and can bring tears even to the toughest guy. The major cause for hemorrhoids is irregular bowel movement or constipation. There are plenty of useful and effective home remedies. This article will deal with various aspects of
The major causes of this painful disease are difficulty in passing stool, pain during stool release, excess intake of oily and spicy food items, excess consumption of alcohol and other soft and hard drinks, improper functioning of liver, side effects of some strong medicine. Unhealthy lifestyle, stress, etc, are other causes of hemorrhoids.
Piles are quite painful and irritating. The major symptoms of piles or hemorrhoids are blood in stool, severe pain while passing stool, inflammation, pain around the anus, and constipation. Hemorrhoids are of two types internal and external hemorrhoids. The internal pile causes bleeding, while the external hemorrhoid is painful, but does not necessarily cause bleeding in stool. The mass grown inside the anus or around it causes severe pain in the anus. Next section will talk about the various home remedies used for the treatment of this painful disease.
Treatment for hemorrhoids
Hemorrhoids can be easily treated using herbal remedies. It does not need much of other medicines or any kind of surgery or treatment. The best ayurvedic medicine for treating pile/hemorrhoids is ayuh Medica's pile-ex forte capsule.
Take pile-ex forte, 2 capsules twice a day after meal for 10 to 45 days or as required.
Diet for hemorrhoids -
Some fruits and vegetables are recommended in hemorrhoids, they are as follows onion:
It may sound strange but it is true that onion is the most easily available and very effective in hemorrhoid. Onion stops the blood flow during the passage of stool. This can be taken 2-3 times a day at least for a month.
Karela (bitter gourd) juice:
Juice extracted from bitter gourd can be taken with buttermilk. This too is one of the best veg. For hemorrhoid.
Among fruits, banana, jambu fruit are considered as one of the best fruit for the treatment of hemorrhoids. In fact, it is said that jambu fruits or jamun are the permanent solutions for the treatment of hemorrhoids. Boil a ripe banana and mix it in a cup of milk. A hemorrhoids patient may take this 4-5 times a day. This gives fast relief from the painful hemorrhoids. Fruit and vegetable juice
Radish is considered as an effective home remedy, as it reduces the swelling around the anus and also relieves pain. The patient may take reddish juice 2-3 times a day. It is also found that white colored reddish paste soothes the swelling around the rectum.
Other fruits and vegetables, whose juice is considered as fast and instant relief from piles, are carrot, lemon, spinach, mint leaves, etc.
Ayurveda includes ahara (food) as one of the trayopasthambha, one of the three pillars to keep the body healthy. The term ahara stands for the healthy eating habits. The disciplined eating habit will nourishes and keep a person healthy, on the other hand undisciplined eating habit can lead to serious health issues.
Virudhahara (incompatible food) is the main output arising from the undisciplined eating habit.
It can be consider as one of the major thread for the new age diseases.
- Viruddha (incompatibility)
What is viruddha?
Those substances which cause the imbalance of doshas in the body but do not expel them out are known as viruddha and so they remain antagonistic to the dhatus. When foods with different qualities, heating or cooling properties and different post digestive effect are combined in one meal they suppress the digestive fire (agni) and lead to accumulation of toxins in our body.
Bad effect of viruddha:
The use of viruddha food will produce boils, swelling, toxicity, abscess, tumors, cancer, weakness, loss of vigor loss of strength, loss of memory, loss of sense perception and intellect. Also causes fever, hemorrhagic disorder, skin diseases, diabetes etc.
Avoiding the incompatible food combination from the food habit is the first line to prevent the bad effect arising from virudhahara. If a person already in the habit of taking foods which is incompatible, advised to reduce the quantity of such foods gradually from the diet rather than stopping it suddenly. Ayurveda explains the panchakarma (5 purificatory therapy - vamanam, virechanam, vasthi, nasyam and raktha mokshanam) as a real solution to expel out the toxins accumulated in the body.
- Viruddha ahara (incompatible food)
Milk with fish, horse gram, black gram, salt, sour things, bananas, meat, melons, curd, bread containing yeast, cherries
Meat of aquatic animals with honey, jaggery, sesame, milk, black gram, raddish, germinated grains
Lakucha with curd, jaggery, honey, ghee
Banana with curd, buttermilk, fish, meat, melons, curd, sour fruits, bread containing yeast, cherries
Leafy vegetables with butter
Melons with dairy, eggs, fried food, grains, starches, cheese
Equal quantity of honey and ghee
Equal quantity of honey and water
Beans with fruit, cheese, eggs, fish, milk, meat, yogurt
Eggs with fruit (especially melons), beans, cheese, fish, milk, meat, yogurt
Hot drinks with mangos, cheese, fish, meat, starch, yogurt
Lemon with cucumbers, milk, tomatoes, yogurt
Potato with melon, cucumber, dairy products
Radish with bananas, raisins, milk
Tapioca with fruit, especially banana, mango, beans, raisins, jiggery
Yogurt with fruit, cheese, eggs, fish, hot drinks, meat, milk, potato
Chilies are incompatible with, yogurt, milk, melon, cucumber
Yogurt is incompatible with milk, sour fruits, melons, hot drinks, meat, fish, mangos, cheese
Mangos are incompatible with yogurt, cheese, cucumbers
Corn is incompatible with dates, raisins, bananas
Pigeon meat prepared in mustard oil, honey after heating
Drink hot water immediately after honey intake, cold water immediately after ghee intake, immediate exposure of extreme hot to cold and vice versa, cold drinks put down the digestive fire especially when taken with the meals, intake of milk when the body is heat, intake of food immediately after physical work
- Ayurveda offers some advice concerning eating habits:
There should be at least 6-hours interval between the meals.
Do not drink water one hour before and one hour after eating. It is advisable to have like warm water along with the meal.
Do not eat many items in one meal.
Eat according to your own digestive capacity.
Do not mix fruits with your meal. Substitute one of the meals with fruits or eat them between the meals.
There should be at least 4 hours between the last meal and going to bed.
Sleeping in day time especially immediately after a meal is harmful.
A short walk after a meal helps digestion.
Do not eat when you are worried or depressed.
Do not eat if you are not hungry.
Eat in a clean and pleasant environment.
Do not read a newspaper or watch the tv while eating
Do not eat too fast or too slow
- Taste and food: according to ayurveda there are six basic tastes: sweet, sour, salty, pungent, bitter and astringent. They are composed of the five principal elements.
1) water and earth - sweet taste.
2) earth and fire - sour taste.
3) water and fire - salty taste.
4) fire and air - pungent taste.
5) air and ether - bitter taste.
6) air and earth - astringent taste.
Tastes not only influence digestion, but they also have a profound influence on our doshas. A basic principle in ayurveda is similar increases similar.
1) sweet taste is composed of water and earth element. It increases kapha dosha which is composed of the same elements, but reduces vata and pitta dosha. Sweet foods are bread, rice, milk, sugar and most of the fruits. They are necessary for every constitutional type, but in excess they increase kapha and lead to overweight, increase of the mucus secretion in the nose and sinuses, increase of the mucus in the lungs, create e feeling of
Heaviness, laziness and causes diabetes.
2) sour taste is composed of the elements fire and earth. Sour foods are mostly beneficial for vata dosha. Small quantity may be used by kapha and a very small by pitta dosha. Sour foods are citrus fruits, yogurt, vinegar, cheese, all foods produced by fermentation. Used in moderation they stimulate appetite and salivation, improve digestion and refresh one's mind. Used in excess they cause thirst, burning sensation, indigestion and may help progression of different diseases.
3) salty foods are used in small quantities by all types, but are mostly beneficial for vata and increase pitta and kapha. Salty foods are sea salt, rock salt, kelp. Salty taste has laxative effect, reduces spasms in the colon, supports the electrolyte balance, stimulates salivation, improves the taste of foods and helps digestion and elimination. Used in excess it may disturb the balance of pitta and kapha. It causes hypertension, deterioration of heart conditions, skin diseases and causes early formation of wrinkles.
4) pungent taste is mostly beneficial for kapha, may be used in small amounts by vata and in very small quantity by pitta dosha. Pungent foods are many varieties of peppers, onion, radishes, garlic and ginger. They improve digestion, clean the sinuses, stimulate nasal and eye secretion. Excessive use may cause burning sensation, thirst, ulcer, skin diseases, diarrhea and insomnia.
5) bitter taste is good for all doshas in small quantities. It is mostly beneficial for pitta dosha. Bitter foods are coffee, aloe, curcuma, salads. Bitter improves the taste of foods in combination with other tastes. It is considered antitoxic. It cleans the body and the liver from toxins. It relieves the burning sensations and itching in skin diseases, reduces the fever and improves digestion. It has a drying potency and causes reduction of the adipose tissue. Excessive use is not recommendable. It causes dryness of the skin, weight reduction and sexual disturbances.
6) astringent taste should be used in pharmaceutical quantities. It may be used by all doshas in small amounts, but pitta and kapha a little bit more than vata dosha. Astringent are pomegranates, beans, cherries and foods rich of tannins. Astringent is constricting, reduces secretions, helps wound healing and reduces bleeding. Excessive use may cause
Dryness in throat and mouth, constipation, gas, weight loss.
- Advise according to dosha
People with vata dominant constitution should avoid bitter, pungent and astringent foods. Good for them are sweet, salty and sour foods. Light, dry and cold foods are not recommendable. It is good if everything is cooked, warm, with oil because vata dosha is light and dry.
People with pita dominant constitution should avoid sour, salty and pungent foods like citrus fruits and pickles. Beneficial for them are sweet, bitter and astringent foods. They must not be warm and with a lot of oil, but only with a small amount of sunflower oil or ghee.
People with kapha dominant constitution should avoid sweet, sour and salty foods. Beneficial for them are bitter, pungent and astringent foods. They have to be warm, with only a small amount of oil, mainly sunflower or corn oil.
We hope that this article will improve your eating style and health too.
Keep enjoy healthy eating:)
It's here! summer! a time for picnics, swimming, beaches and lots of sunshine. So what can you do to make sure that you have a healthier summer? Ayurveda recognizes that the patterns found in nature can also be found within our bodies. We are constantly interacting with nature and as the seasons change so do our bodies. That means what you were doing in the winter and spring, may not be what your body need in the summer.
To understand what happens to your body during the summertime, you must first understand the characteristics of the pitta dosha, which is the dominant ayurvedic dosha (please read vata- pitta -kapha the three bio-energies notes from our page) in the summer. Pitta is the dosha responsible for transformation and is associated with our digestion, assimilation, and metabolism. And just like the sun, pitta radiates lots of heat and energy. The heat is associated with a good healthy metabolism and a good appetite. But when it goes out of balance pitta people tend to get overheated. This can make you feel easily irritated and angered as well as make you vulnerable to inflammatory conditions, food allergies, and skin rashes, especially with too much sun exposure.
The pitta dosha has specific qualities such as hot, oily, sharp, spreading and liquid. These qualities are manifested as specific physical characteristics in pitta individuals who are in balance. Hot represents a strong, healthy appetite. Oil can be seen as soft, supple skin. Sharpness manifests as a strong intellect and an active mind that is able to solve problems and stay organized. Spreading can be seen as the desire to create and be involved in many projects, which is why pitta people are often popular with others. Liquid is an aspect of pitta which allows for easy transportation, and that is why pitta individuals often tend to sweat easily and have multiple bowel movements a day.
So how does this tie into summer balance? summer is usually the hottest time of the year with the sun being the closest to the earth. This increases the pitta within us all. But if your pitta was already out of balance, you will have tendency to have more health problems during the summer. The first signs of excess pitta that I typically notice in myself are more irritability and greater skin sensitivity to the sun. In the summer time, pitta individuals may start becoming more aggressive, break out in rashes, have worsening heartburn or stomach pain, catch a 'summer' cold, suffer from worsening allergies, get heat stroke, and get more headaches as the weather gets warmer. But just because you have too much pitta doesn't mean you can't enjoy the summer. You just need to take some healthy precautions to prevent your pitta from getting out of balance
The key to keeping pitta balanced in the summer is easy - just chill out! here are few easy ways to keep your pitta nice and cool.
1. Spend less time in the sun. Avoid doing hard work during the hours between 10 am and 3 pm, which is when the sun is the hottest. When you go outdoors, keep your head covered and drink lots of fluids.
2. Avoid hot foods, spicy and fermented oil. Diet is the most powerful way to keep pitta cool. During the summer avoid foods that increase the heat in your body such as chilies, vinegar, oily foods, fried foods, fermented foods, salt, cheese and sour foods. In place of these items, eat foods that have a cooling effect on your body such as sweet, watery fruits like melons and mangoes and green leafy vegetables.
3. Try rose-petal preserves. They're a wonderful, tasty treat that will help you cool down your heart and mind. You can spread them on bread or just eat them straight.
4. Get a coconut-oil massage. It'll help to draw out excess heat from your body. Just rub coconut oil over your body and let it absorb for 5 minutes before your shower. You can also rub it on your feet at night especially if your feet start to burn at bedtime.
5. Have some fun! pitta individuals can sometimes get too serious and caught up in their head. Do your best to balance hard work with some relaxation time with family and friends.
6. Go for a swim. Swimming is the best exercise in the summer. The cool water balances out the excess heat inside your body.
7. Make my favorite summer drink! try freshly squeezed watermelon and cucumber juice with a hint of rose water.
8. Yoga - do sheetli or sheetkari pranayam and this wil have a cooling effect on the body.
9. Topical remedies for soothe sunburn -
- Apply aloe vera cream. Or if you have access to an aloe vera plant lightly rub a piece o the plant (after cutting it, open and taking out gel) on the sun burn area.
- Coconut oil is effective for soothing the sun burn skin.
- Apply tikta ghrita topically.
- Take gauze pad dip into cool cow milk and apply it directly to the sun burn area. If you have no milk available, use a cloth and dip in cool water, but milk is better.
- Pulverize some lettuce and apply the pulp directly on the sun burn area.
- Make a paste of sandalwood and turmeric by mixing equal amount of these herbs with a little cool water. Apply gently to the sunburn area it will have a cooling effect.
You have a great opportunity to be in harmony with nature by learning to balance your lifestyle, diet and activities with each season. This helps you to understand yourself better year round and keep you feeling great all the time.
Have a great summer!