Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Satya PrakashYour feedback matters!
I am19 years old male, I started having chest pain after I smoked 20 cigarettes in a span of 5 hours about a week ago, After that I started having upper back, lung pain when I lied down sometimes or after smoking. Now I'm just experiencing chest pain in the muscles above the ribcage when I smoke or touch or press those muscles. I have never experienced such conditions before, I had my echo test done a couple of years back before I started smoking, everything was fine then.
Hello Doctors, I couldn't concentrate on my work for last 15 days due to head pressure and fogginess. Slightly neck stiffness & tickling in upper arm. My physician suggested me Renal & lipid profile test. Later other doctor suggested me spinal x-ray, B12 and vitamin D test. The report details as below: Total Lipid profile Triglyceride 245 (<200 mg/dl GPO-PAP) VLDL 49 (5-35 mg/dl Calculated) Slightly high Renal Profile - Ok Vitamin B12 level (serum, CMIA) Observed value - 156 Unit pg/ml Biological Ref - 187-883 25 Hydroxy (OH) Vit D (serum, CMIA) Observed value - 9.30 ng/ml Biological Ref - deficiency < 10 Insufficiency - 10-30 Sufficiency 30-100 Cervical X-ray Slightly straight in top and bottom My Doctor suggested exercise and plus huge deficiency of vitamin b12 and D of the root cause. Prescribed: Vitcofol injection, D- Rise 60000 U, gemcal 500/0.25 mcgm. Please let me know your expert suggestion. How to overcomes Vitamin B12 & D deficiency. And diet chart. Any help would be highly appreciated. About me- 40 year male, Software Developer in IT sector, Mild psoriasis taking homeopathy medicine of Doctor Batra for last 2 years. Weight - 70 kg Height 5'10' Thank you.
My chest xray scan report came that I have granuloma I want to know what is granuloma and how it can be cured.
Hi I am 35 now. As I had mild cardiac arrest in this weak what are the preventive measure should be taken to live Long?
My age is 80 yrs. My Blood Pressure is 145-150/70. I am taking amlopres tablet 2.5 mg. Daily. Pl. Advise.
I have my BP 160/120, Taking OLVANCE-20 one Tab every morning, sometimes filling shoulder and chest pain.
Hi my husband was suffered from heart attack in 2000 due to not taking suitable treatment at that and now from last 16 years he is eating medicines regularly three time in a day. Now medicine start showing side effects like weakening of food pipe etc. Now what we do to reduce side effects.
I m 31 year old and I m facing a problem that their is an infection in my feeding pipe so I feel always pain in my chest to mouth and after too many treatment it is not resolved.
My husband have bad cholesterol more than it should be and good cholesterol lesser than it should be what are the food/ deity he should follow to increase good cholesterol and reduce bad one.
Hello sir, I am 38year old, my problem is, cholesterol level is 208, tryglycerydses 215.0, vldl, cholesterol is 43.0 what should I follow, please Suggest me.?
Hi I'm a 35 year old female. I'm a diabetic patient. I read from Lybrate that lady's finger can reduce blood sugar level to an extent. But I heard that having lady's finger will increase the cholesterol level. Is that true?
Hello sir I am Galib I am suffering from pain in chest when I sleep lat view. Tell me please what should I do.
I am 36 years old my sugar levels are 160-190 before food and 240 after food. Bp is normal, I am 140kgs, I do smoke and drink, so I am not taking any medicine but want to control my sugar levels by diet. Pleases suggest.
Cardiomyopathy includes diseases involving the heart muscle. These diseases have various causes, types, symptoms and modes of treatment.
The heart muscle gets enlarged, thick or rigid. In several cases, the heart muscle tissue is replaced with a scar tissue. As this condition worsens, the heart gets weaker and the ability to pump blood is disrupted, which can cause heart failure or irregular beating of the heart. The weakened state of the heart can lead to valvar diseases.
The different types of cardiomyopathy are:
- Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy: This is a common form and affects people of all ages. Men and women are affected equally. This condition arises due to the enlargement and thickening of the heart muscle. The ventricles, the septum and the lower heart chamber usually thicken, which causes obstruction in pumping of blood by the heart. This disease also causes stiffness in the ventricles, and cellular changes in the tissue.
- Dilated Cardiomyopathy: This form of cardiomyopathy develops due to the enlargement and weakening of the ventricles. The issue arises from the left ventricle and develops over time. It may even affect the right ventricle. More effort is put in by the heart muscles for pumping blood and slowly the heart is unable to pump blood effectively. This condition may lead to heart failure, valve diseases or blood clots in the heart.
- Restrictive Cardiomyopathy: This disease occurs due to the stiffening of the ventricles, without thickening of the walls of the heart. The ventricles are not allowed to relax and do not receive a sufficient volume of blood supply. This condition causes heart failure and valvar problems over time.
- Arrhythmogenic Right Ventricular Dysplasia: This rare form of cardiomyopathy occurs when fat or fibrous tissues replace the muscle tissue of the right ventricle. This causes arrhythmias and disruption in the electrical signals of the heart. It generally affects teens and may cause cardiac arrest in athletes.
- Unclassified Cardiomyopathy: Some types of cardiomyopathy of this category include left ventricular non compaction where the ventricles develop trabeculations. Takotsubo cardiomyopathy is another disease where immense stress causes failure of the heart muscles.
Treatment: Many cases of cardiomyopathy come and go away on their own. Treatment for other cases depends on the severity and symptoms. The major treatment methods are:
Lifestyle changes meant for a healthier heart.
- Nonsurgical methods.
- Surgery and implants
Modes of surgery for treatment of cardiomyopathy include:
- Septal myectomy
- Heart transplant
Implant devices such as Cardiac resynchronization therapy (CRT) device, Implantable cardioverter defibrillator (ICD), Left ventricular assist device and pacemakers are fitted into the heart for better performance.
Cardiomyopathy can be of many different types, each arising from different situations and conditions. The mode of treatment depends on the severity of the complication or on the basis of symptoms.