Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Is watching porn and masturbating right for me?(I'm 16 years old. Does it cause any harm to my health or stamina and does it affect my concentration and cause distraction in studies? It wastes lot of my time and I feel a bit guilty after doing it. What should I do? Stop it completely (which is very hard for me) or continue it and do it once in 2-3 days?
My 5 years daughter is suffering from scabies as diagnosed by dermatologist, tried with gamma benzene hexachloride & centromere lotions as directed by doctors even after 15 days the symptoms have worsen kindly help.
Dr. My son is 5 year old. He has cough since Nov 2015. I had given antibiotics like amoxyclav and azithromycin and asthalin coriminic and cetrizine syp but no effect. All his blood test chest xray and afb test are normal. In chest xray he had mild cardiomegaly. Drs. Done echo whis is normal.In blood test his eosinophil are 11. Drs says he has allergy in blood and prescribe Montair 10 mg one tab in night for three months. Dr. My question is can I give 5 year old child Montelukast 10 mg or less dose like 5 mg montair. And can it is ok for three months.
My baby is 7 month old and still he does not take good sleep at night, he used to wakes up every 2 hr for feeding. We are giving lactogen 2. Pls advice.
Why it's important that your child's diet is calcium-rich
Calcium is an inevitable part of your child's diet. You cannot afford to skip it if you wish to maintain a healthy lifestyle for your child. It is recommended that children between the ages of 9 and 18 should get approximately 1300 milligrams of calcium every day. Calcium-rich diet is important for your child for a number of reasons.
- Calcium helps in building strong bones and teeth for your child.
- It is important in order to ensure proper functioning of your child's muscles and nerves.
- Calcium plays a vital role in the release of such hormones and enzymes in your child's body that convert the food he eats into energy.
- It is also helpful in causing the blood to clot whenever your child gets bruised.
- Since your child is continuously growing, a calcium-rich diet ensures an adequate supply of resources that help him to develop new bones that are healthy and strong.
- A calcium-rich diet is also essential as far as other bodily functions like muscle contraction, blood vessel constriction and relaxation are concerned.
What does lack of a calcium do to your child's body?
- Lack of calcium can cause bone diseases like osteoporosis in your girl child, thus exposing her to a greater risk of weakened bones and possibility of fractures.
- If your child is a young kid and his diet lacks calcium or vitamin d, which absorbs calcium, he is exposed to the threats of the bone-softening disease called rickets. It can cause in him bowing of the legs, muscle pain and poor growth.
- Bones are living tissues that change constantly, old bones keep getting replaced by newer ones and a calcium-rich diet aids this procedure. Therefore without an adequate supply of calcium, this process would borrow minerals from existing bones, thus weakening them and exposing them to increased risks of fracture.
- Lack of calcium also increases risks of cardiovascular diseases, damaged gums, high blood pressure, ovarian and breast cancer and several other infirmities in your child in his later years.
Hi sir, my son is 3 years old is victim of un-descended testicles can you suggest me up to what age surgery has to be done?
My baby is 5-1/2 months old. Some sound is coming from his breathing. He has no phelgm in chest. We have consulted child specialist He says that his breathing tube will expand as he grows more . He has checked his chest also But says that everything is normal. But sound is coming I do not know what to do. Please give opinion.
I have vaccinated my son with HIB vaccine and hepatitis A vaccine yesterday. Today morning he had fever. Is that vaccine causes fever or he had any virus infection?
Mam. Meri beti20month ki uski toilet tiet hoti h aur use dard bhi hota h. Use horlicks ya bornvitta pila skte h. Usko lactalose Avict ka pilaye tb tak thik tha phir use tite toilet ho rhi h kya kre. Please reply me.
1. Infant oral health exam, which includes risk assessment for caries in mother and child.
2. Preventive dental care including cleaning and flouride application as well as nutrition and diet recommendations.
3. Habit counselling like pacifier use and thumb sucking.
4. Early assessment and treatment for straightening teeth and correcting an improper bite.
5. Repair of tooth cavities or defects.
6. Management of gum diseases.
7. Care of dental injuries for examle-fractured, displaced or knocked out teeth.
My son is going to become 1 years old on 17oct. I gave him apple grinded in mixie, he was doing potty like apple which I gave him. So I stopped it. That time he was having motion problem for 4 months in his test report, shigella skin has been isolated. Now he is alright. Can I give him cooked apple now.
My baby is three months old. Recently she has got shaved and I found her head full of dandruff. Is it possible for such small baby to have dandruff. And does she needs to be treated?
My child date of birth is 09/09/2012, but yet he is not speking, rest growth is ok. Please suggest the treatment.
When do kids start losing their baby teeth?
Children will lose their first tooth around age 6. They’ll continue to lose 3–4 teeth per year until they have lost all 20 of their baby teeth by about age 12.
Which teeth fall out first?
Baby teeth usually fall out in the order they came in. The front bottom teeth are often the first to go. The last teeth to fall out are usually the big molars in the back of the mouth.
Does losing a tooth hurt?
Losing a tooth shouldn’t hurt very much. If it is very painful, it probably means that your child is trying to pull a tooth that’s not quite ready to come out. If the pain gets bad, you can put an over-the-counter, pain-relieving gel on the gum surrounding the tooth. Make sure it’s for children, and don’t use it too much or too often.
Should I pull a loose tooth?
The short answer is no. It can tear the gum tissue around the tooth and cause injury. Allow your child to gently wiggle their tooth. But tell them they should let a tooth fall out on its own.
What happens if my child swallows their tooth?
Nothing, really. Accidentally swallowing a tooth isn’t a big deal. It will simply pass through the body.
Will there be a lot of blood when my child loses their tooth?
There shouldn’t be very much blood at all. When there is a lot of blood, it is usually caused by forcing a tooth out before it is ready. To stop bleeding, have your child bite down on gauze, cotton ball or a clean cloth until the bleeding slows.
When do permanent teeth start to grow in?
Usually it takes a few weeks for the permanent tooth to begin to poke through. It will take a few months more for the tooth to fully grow in.
What to do when i see a permanent tooth erupting before the baby tooth has fallen out?
You need to visit your dentist and get a examination done for your child. In some cases it may be advisable to remove the baby tooth to make way for the permanent one.