Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Satish M NaikYour feedback matters!
I am 62 years old from last four years I can not have even little spice food, on physical inspection by Dr. my tongue is ok, my vitamin b12 is also within permissible range, I am diabetic from last 12 years take medicine regularly what should I do so that I can eat normal spice food.
Bad breath is a condition that is also known as Halitosis in medical terms. It is mostly caused by the sulphur producing bacteria that lurk around beneath the surface of the tongue. This is what produces the foul odour. These bacteria grow with the help of protein that gets deposited in your mouth, and may develop even faster when there is poor oral hygiene at play. The causes of this protein deposit may include food debris, bleeding, mucus blood, infection and disease in the gums or oral tissues.
So how can you naturally combat this bad breath problem? Read on!
- Oral Care Products: Your very first step should be to change your oral hygiene products like toothpastes and mouthwashes in order to bring in products that are specifically used for fighting bad breath and the related causes or problems. Brushing and flossing at least twice a day, or even after every meal is an absolute necessity that one must not compromise on.
- Fibre Rich Food: It is important to have plenty of fibre rich food as this helps in preventing bad breath or Halitosis since the fibre content is known to flush toxins out effectively.
- Junk and Processed Food: Food that has too much of sugar or artificial sweeteners and food that is packaged and processed with artificial flavourings and emulsifiers, can be bad for the digestive system in general. This kind of food also tends to create bad breath and should be avoided in case you are already suffering from this condition.
- Medication: it may come as a surprise to you that there are certain medicines like antidepressants and diuretics that can lead to side effects like drying of the mouth, which in turn can cause a problem of bad breath. So, it would be recommended to steer clear of this kind of medication for a while until the bad breath problem abates.
- Tea: Drinking green and black tea can be beneficial for people suffering from this condition as both these types of tea happen to contain substances known as polyphenols that can help in fighting oral bacteria and sulphur compounds. Apart from this, one must also drink plenty of water in order to keep the mouth fresh and to help the digestion work in a better.
- Dentures and Braces: If you happen to be wearing dentures and braces, then you may want to clean these regularly and maintain good oral hygiene so that you do not suffer from bad breath.
Bad breath can be a confidence killer and one should get it checked in case it is a persistent and prolonged problem.
I can not open month properly because I chewing tobacco now I quit chewing but it can not be cured what shall I do?
I have yellow teeth I have used many whitening tooth paste but there's no result worth it please suggest some other remedies to withened my teeth.
Hello doctor my name is kuhu sinha I am 24 year old unmarried girl I have yellowness in my teeth last year what should I do please tell me doctor.
Hi I have 2, 3 ulcers (chala) in my mouth for 1 week I am taking one becosules capsule daily in the morning but it is not getting reduced I am drinking lot of water, lassi, etc etc Still ulcer is getting big What should I do? Should I take 2 capsules or anything else?
My teeth are continuously becoming yellowish in color as water of my living area contains more than enough fluoride wht to do.
My teeth are little bit front. I took treatment from doctor he kept clip also after one year he removed that clip. Now am feeling little bit better but also am not satisfied. Now teeth are went inside but am feeling that my gums are little bit front. So what should I do now.
My colleague's son reported tooth ache. Pathology tests revealed cancer. He is nonsmoker and do not use alcohol. He died at 47 last week. Why his health worsened? Is it due to poor food habits?
Your friends mean well when they tell you to put aspirin on your sore gums. But don’t listen to this old wives’ tale. Never put aspirin directly on your gums. Yes, it might provide some temporary relief. But aspirin is a highly caustic chemical, and it is irritating to the gum tissue. It could cause a fairly serious acid burn.