Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Satish J PatilYour feedback matters!
How to cure bad smell from my sweat in underarms? I drink a lot of water but my sweat smell did not cure?
Dear sir. I am suffering due to premature ejaculation and I can not hold my penis even 1 mnts. Pls tell me about legam 60 pills. Is it work for premature ejaculation and how long I can make sex.
Hi. I am suresh I am 25 years old. I want to look for foreskin penis operation. I am suffer for fear about operation. What can I do. After foreskin penis operation how many days to take for recovery. Please support me.
I use to suffer from cough since along time. It never caused any problem but it creates irrigation. How can I get rid off it?
Hi, my son he is 18 months. He touched hot pan .effected area got reddish. I applied normal cream .later the effected area swelled with water. Could you please tell me what next I could have do? Can I apply any creams or first aid?
I have one son and my wife stomach is paining in last two months. My son is 2 year old. Please help me abt this.
My both ear is feeling heaviness & slight pain. Previously one year back my ear drum of left ear was little burst & doctor had advised me some antibiotic & chemrol ap tab. Doctor advised me also to take precaution to go water in ear & I continuously follow to cover with cotton during bath. Since last one year this has passed. Now, I hear low from left ear & it is also being heaviness in right ear & slightly pain also. I can not hear properly from left ear & it is spreading in right ear also. Please Suggest.
I love to eat banana and custard apple very much but somebody told me that while breastfeeding one should avoid this 2 fruits as it might bring congestion problem to infant.is it right or not.
Restless leg syndrome is a condition where the nervous supply to the lower legs (and sometimes hands) is affected. The person has a constant urge to move the legs due to the tingly sensation or the pins and needles sensation and so this condition is called as restless legs syndrome (RLS). It is almost never a standalone condition and is often associated with other nervous system conditions.
It is a progressive condition and aggravates with time. The patient may experience episodes of this disease. Most people might experience this problem at night due to which a lot of patients complain of disturbed sleep and restlessness while sleeping.
While there is no permanent solution to this condition, there are various home remedies and techniques which can help control the condition. Read on to know more.
- Trigger agents: Some people are able to identify triggers like caffeine or chocolate which induce the condition. The first step would then be to avoid using these, especially before sleeping.
- Exercise: Any form of exercise, which gives a good workout for the leg muscles is recommended. This could range from a 30-minute brisk walk to stretches depending on the person’s overall health status. This is known to induce a good sleep, reduce muscle tension and relax the mood. Choose yoga, gym, cycling, or any form which suits your overall health and schedule.
- Massages:Hot or cold massages, often used alternately, can help in relaxing the muscles. This also helps in reducing tension and improving overall sleep. The ideal time for the massage is the evening so that RLS does not affect during nighttime.
- Diet: A diet rich in vitamins and minerals can prove to be helpful. This is because proper muscle and nerve function requires various minerals like zinc, potassium, calcium, sodium, etc. Diet rich in these helps in improving muscle and nerve function and thereby control RLS.
- Sleep pattern: Sound sleep practices like having an early dinner, a quiet room free of digital media, optimal temperature, and relaxing ambience helps in a better sleep. This has shown to reduce the incidence of RLS and evidence of sound sleep.
- Medications: RLS can also cause mild to moderate pain in the affected legs, and so pain killers can be used once in a while if the pain is not bearable. These should be used only rarely and continued use can lead to stomach ulcers and bleeding. The above mentioned nonmedical methods should be tried before trying medications. Anticonvulsants have been used to control RLS if pain killers alone are not adequate. In more severe cases, antiparkinson drugs are used with great success. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurosurgeon.