Find numerous ENT Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Sashi KantYour feedback matters!
Tumor is at base of the tongue detected with cancer (carcinoma). CT scan finding- 1. homogeneously enhancing mass lesion is seen at posterior accept of tongue and extending into vallecula and measuring 3.3x2.9x2.3 c. M. The preepiglottic space and right lateral pharyngeal wall is involved. Possibly right sided genioglossus muscle. It is an T2N0M0 stage. Is it possible for surgery to remove the cancer as first step of treatment?
I have bleeding of nose from last three weeks and I suffer from pain in my nose suddenly starts. I used medicine but there is no benefit.
I am 58 years old male, height is 160 mm, weight is 67 kg. High pitch Snoring is my problem. Is any treatment to stop it?
I am suffering from allergy rhinitis from last 3 years but no medicine has cured m3 completely. I use nasal spray but it is of no use. Kindly prescribe me with women effective medicines.
I am 32 yrs old. I have sinus problem from last 3 yr. Before 2 year I operate it also. Can you tell me it is curable or not ?
Dear sir I am a patient of tinnitus. And spondyitus.Sometimes back pain.Taking calirol sache and excercise for back.Advice
Sinus problem Facing sinus problem sines 4 years I have consulted a doctor he suggested for an operation. So what I have to do now? Symptoms- when contact to air or when we eat sweet items its gets heavy and it will irritate me for 7-8 days so what do I do now?
I have a sore throat and my voice has changed from last 2 days. I also get dry cough which worsens the throat voice again. Please suggest some remedies. Thank You.
I am suffering with cold from 3 days and sore throat but now I have started throat pain also. Please suggest me some medicine to treat it.
From past 3 days I feel something stuck in my thorat / food pipe. After eating something I feel more as some is in its much irritating I take rabeprazole early in morning also. Consulted ent also told your throat is ok. please help what to do. According to me I thought its due to stomach acid or may b it could be something else.
My mother all tooths were plucked of 15 years back. She is 67 years old & is suffering from itching tongue, please dry mouth problem the taste buds on the inner side of the tongue have got swollen they appears reddish in colour. Its because of this problem that she is always bed ridden. I have consulted lots of doctors but there has been no out come as all tests prescribed by them for detection of disease were normal but the problem still persists. Kindly help & suggest some medicines which can make har feel better, she doesn' t feels like to eat the moth & tongue always remain dry the throat is itching.
The tonsils are soft tissue masses which are located at the back of your throat, usually at the pharynx. The tonsils are masses which are part of the lymphatic system that helps fight infections. However, tonsils can themselves become inflamed and cause a lot of pain. Tonsillectomy is a procedure to remove the tonsils and relieve pain.
Why is tonsillectomy performed?
A few decades back, tonsillectomy was a routine surgery performed to relieve any pain within the tonsils. This method of treatment however has changed over the past few decades as pain medications for inflammation have improved vastly. However, tonsillitis is still performed in many cases wherein it tends to cause acute problems. Some of the cases it is applicable in are:
- Chronic bad breath problems caused by recurrent inflammation of the tonsils
- Recurrent sore throats caused by tonsillitis
- It is also done along with dental surgery for correcting teeth with imperfect positioning
- Abscess formation in the mouth
- Upper airway being obstructed due to inflammation, thus causing difficulty with sleeping, snoring, or causing sleep apnea (irregular breathing during sleep)
- Ear infections being regularly caused by inflammation of the tonsils
Other reasons why it may be recommended
Tonsillectomy may be also be recommended when there are no indications of problems but tonsillitis and other infections keep cropping up too regularly. This affects children and can make them sick or keep them in pain regularly. Some of these other indications are mentioned below:
- Tonsil infections and inflammations happening too frequently within a year
- Tonsillitis is caused by bacterial infection wherein the antibiotics aren’t effective
- Formation of pus in the form of an abscess within or around the tonsils which keep forming even after repeated drainage or administering antibiotics
Possible complications and risks
Like any other form of surgery, tonsillectomy has certain risks associated with it as well. However, these are very rare. Some of these risks and complications are mentioned as follows –
- Swelling of the mouth: The tongue and the soft palate or the roof of the mouth may swell, resulting in breathing difficulties an few hours after the surgery.
- Infection: As is the case with any surgery, infections may occur in rare cases, which may require further treatment.
- Adverse reactions to anesthetics: Many patients exhibit an adverse reaction to anesthetics and may develop symptoms such as a headache, nausea, muscle soreness and frequent vomiting.
- Bleeding during surgery or healing: Although it is rare, bleeding during and after surgery has been reported after all sorts of procedures and it may occur with tonsillectomy as well. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ENT specialist.