Find numerous Neurologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Neurologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. Sarosh Minoo KatrakYour feedback matters!
I am 23 years old. Sir mujhe 4 year se migrain hai har waqt headache rahta hai, bahut pain karta hai,what can I do.
My father is 74 years old and was diagnosed with acute stroke - RT thalamic Infarct, HTN, Hyperhomocysteine. He has complained of feeling akin to pin and needles in his left hand, there was swelling on his left cheek. He is all right now but what I would like to know a) though the Dr. has informed that it was a very mild stroke but at any time were there any chances of paralytic attack b) What is Cognistar 60 mg (IV) injection used for, Dr. has advised my father to get these injections once a day for five days, which we have done - but what I would like to know what are they used for I just wanted a second opinion.
Hello Doctor, My wife who is now 41 years old has a problem with constant headache and mild fever sometimes. I have consulted some doctors but they all give different reasons. Some say its migraine and some say its due to mental tension and a lifestyle which needs to be changed. Please advise.
Is it normal to marry a person who hvin medication of benign multiple sclerosis frm last 5 year, want to known what it is actually and its consequences.
When speaking with elders and before crowd my legs are becoming senseless and shivering vigorously. Please suggest.
Sir mera eeg test kiya to usme sleep disorder diagnosis hua meri body me tremors rahta hai or head me medcine ke bager mujhe neend nhi aati or neend aate waqt zatke mehsus hote hai or neend tooth jati hai please help kab tak medicine shuru rakhu.
Brain surgery involves several medical procedures, which incorporate fixing issues with the brain, including changes in the tissues of the brain, cerebrospinal fluid and brain blood flow. Brain surgery is quite a complicated method of surgery and the type of surgery to be conducted depends on the underlying conditions.
Reasons for Brain Surgery:
Brain surgery is performed for the correction of physical brain abnormalities. These abnormalities could occur because of diseases, birth defects and injuries. A brain surgery is required when the following conditions arise in the brain:
- Abnormal blood vessels
- Blood clots in the brain
- When the protective tissue or dura is damaged
- Due to nerve damage
- Parkinson's disease
- Any kind of pressure after an injury
- Skull fractures
- In case of stroke and tumors
A surgery may not be required for all the above mentioned conditions, but in case of many, a brain surgery is very important as the conditions may worsen health problems.
Types of brain surgeries:
- Craniotomy: During this open brain surgery, an incision is made in the scalp, and a hole is created in the skull, near the area, which is being treated. After this process is complete, the hole or bone flap is secured in its place using plates or wires.
- Biopsy: This form of brain surgery helps in the removal of a small amount of brain tissues or tumors. After removal, the tissues or tumors are examined under a microscope. The creation of a small incision and a hole in the skull is indicated as a part of this process.
- Minimally invasive endonasal endoscopic surgery: This form of brain surgery enables the removal or lesions and tumors via the nose and sinuses. Private parts of the brain can be accessed without creating an incision. An endoscope is utilized in the process which is used to examine tumors all across the brain.
- Minimally Invasive neuroendoscopy: This process is similar to the minimally invasive endonasal endoscopic surgery. This method also involves the use of an endoscope for removal of brain tumors. Small, dime sized holes may be made in the skull to access some brain parts.
Brain surgeries may be associated with several risks. They may be:
- Allergic reactions to anesthesia
- Blood clot formations
- Swelling of the brain
- A state of coma
- Impairment in speech, coordination and vision.
- Problems in memory
- Strokes and seizures
- Infections in the brain
A brain surgery is a serious and very complex surgery. There are different kinds of brain surgeries, which are conducted depending on the condition and severity of the disease. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurosurgeon.