Find numerous Occupational Therapists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Occupational Therapists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Occupational Therapists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Speech Therapy Treatment
Sensory Integration Therapy
Occupational Therapy Treatment
Control Program Occupational Health - Pcmso
Minor Ot Service Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. SantoshYour feedback matters!
When I wake up in morning I feel my joints little pain my age is 24. What's the reason my weight is 82 height 5'7.
I am having pain in my left elbow for the last 2- 3 months. Whenever I bend or stretch my hand it pains a lot.
I am 22 years old. I got my left toe hurt last week when a gas filled LPG cylinder slipped from my hand and it's base fell on the phalanges of the thumb toe of my left foot. Now there is no pain but after the toe injury my left thigh swell. Then next day my left arm started paining and then the pain travelled to my left portion of the neck. It is like when I am moving I feel fine but when I make no movements it pains like there is no blood flowing in those parts. I feel numb and I could not even sleep properly for past week because it always is paining in my left portion of body. I felt my left part cold as compared to my right one last night. Please advice what is happening.
Hello, I am 28 year old. Nowadays I suffering from pain in my legs and I felt after a long sitting problem in blood circulation.
I have pain in my right side shoulder, what type of exercise I have to perform for getting relaxed from this?
Hello Doctor now few days ago I have an accident my hand crack and I go to my nearest hospital they treated me very good. Now my pain starts again.
I am 83 years old male with shoulder pain of few months duration. What can be the cause and how can it be treated?
Hi, I have pain in my left hip and inner side of thigh less at rest and increasing on activity from past 8 months. Have got MRI done 5 months back and also 2 nd MRI one month back. Report's are normal. But discomfort continue. Have tried physiotherapy and acupuncture not much help from. Kindly advice.
I am facing the fingers pain around nails, what is the reason behind this. Suggest any cream or tables.
The shoulder is one of the most important joints in the body that uses a ball and socket to join the arm to the rest of the body. Any pain can make it difficult to carry out motion in a comfortable manner. The shoulder consists of the long arm bone called the humerus, the collarbone or the clavicle, as well as the shoulder blade called the scapula. A layer of cartilage provides essential padding to the bones in this area and its two main joints. There are a number of issues that can cause shoulder pain. Let us get to know the six most common ones.
- Rotator Cuff Injury: This is the most common cause of shoulder pain and it occurs when the four muscles or the tendons are injured. These muscles and tendons usually control the movement of the arm. This injury can involve strains and tears which may also be caused by constant lifting of heavy objects.
- Rotator Cuff Tendonitis: This condition affects the tendons and muscles that help in moving the arm freely. This usually happens due to inflammation in the tendons. It is commonly experienced by patients who are actively involved in sports and other heavy physical pursuits in their line of work.
- Frozen Shoulder: This is a debilitating condition that restricts the free movement of the arm and is also known as adhesive capsulitis. When the shoulder tissues become too thick, it leads to the growth of scar tissue that hinders proper movement and causes pain.
- Osteoarthritis: Osteoarthritis is a condition that comes as part of aging bones that also become hollow and brittle over the passage of time, which leads to joint and bone pains in various parts of the body. It is a degenerative disease that is caused due to prolonged wear and tear as well as other factors including family history and sports injury.
- Bursitis: This condition is known to affect the fluid filled sacs that lie in between the joints. These are known as bursae. When the bursae suffers from swelling, the effect usually shows up as pain in the joints.
- Tendon Sheath Inflammation: The fibrous tissue that connects the bones and the muscles is called a tendon. The presence of the tendon makes it possible to pursue activities like running, jumping, lifting, gripping and more. It is protected by a sheath known as synovium, which also lubricates the same. Any injury or tear to this sheath can cause shoulder pain.
Acute and persistent pain that does not abate and gets even worse should be treated with immediate medical intervention.
Related Tip: "What Does Neck and Shoulder Pain Indicate?"