Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. SankeerthYour feedback matters!
I am pregnant and its my fifth month going on. I have desk work around for 7 hours. What precautions should I take and I have very back pain also.
My wife has irregular period cycles. Last 50 days she did not get periods. After 40 days v done pt but was negative. V had sex after thst without condom but v do not allow semen to inside. R there any chances of pregnancy now.
I had my periods few days back. They were irregular and happened for 2-3 days. Today, white liquid is coming out of my nipples and they are paining. Is it cancer?
Taken ipill in 72 hours on 4 the February after non penetration sex. I got light bleeding on 12th February ,I missed my periods on 16th February. I took pregnancy test on 23 February ,25 feb ,3 march, 10th March and 20 March and 25th Marchall shown negative results. Today I got my periods but it is very light bleeding on first day. Why this change in my periods?
Amenorrhea is a condition when a woman of childbearing age fails to menstruate. A woman normally menstruates every 23 to 35 days.The part of the brain called the hypothalamus regulates the menstrual cycle. The hypothalamus stimulates the pituitary gland. The pituitary gland lies just below the hypothalamus at the base of the brain.
There are two types of amenorrhea:
- Primary amenorrhea occurs when a woman has not had her first menstrual period (menarche) by age 15 or 16. This condition is also called delayed menarche. It is most often due to late puberty.This is fairly common in teenage girls who are very thin or very athletic. These young women are typically underweight.
- Secondary types of amenorrhea occurs when a woman has experienced menstrual periods, but stops menstruating for three or more consecutive months.
Secondary amenorrhea can be caused by:
- Pregnancy (the most common cause)
- Breast feeding
- Menopause, the normal age-related end of menstruation
- Emotional or physical stress
- Rapid weight loss
- Frequent strenuous exercise
- Hormonal birth control methods, including birth control pills, the patch and long acting progesterone.
- Polycystic ovary syndrome, a condition is associated with a tendency to be overweight, excessive body and facial hair and hormonal irregularities.
- Premature ovarian failure (menopause before age 40)
- Hysterectomy (surgical removal of the uterus)
- Abnormal production of certain hormones, such as testosterone, thyroid and cortisone.
- Tumors of the pituitary gland
Symptoms of Amenorrhea:
Hormone imbalances may cause amenorrhea together with:
- Excess body and facial hair
- Lowering of the voice
- Altered sex drive
- Breast milk secretions
- Weight gain
In order to diagnose your condition your doctor will ask you about:
- The date of your last menstrual period
- Whether you are sexually active
- Your birth control methods
- Your pregnancy history
- Your eating habits
- Rapid weight changes
- Obesity or extreme underweight
- Your typical monthly menstrual patterns
- The age when your mother entered menopause(In most cases it has been seen that, both mother and daughter will enter menopause at the same age)
- The amount of stress in your life and how you deal with it
- The types of medications you are taking
Treatment for amenorrhea:
The treatment for secondary amenorrhea varies depending on the underlying cause of your condition. Hormonal imbalances can be treated with supplemental or synthetic hormones. Your doctor may also want to remove ovarian cysts, scar tissue or uterine adhesions that are causing you to miss your menstrual periods.
Meri gf k periods ki date 3 h bt 11 k baad b uske periods nhi aaye. We did sex but forgot to use condom. But ending andar nhi kari. Kya fir b wo pregnant ho sakti h if yes den kya iss pregnancy ko tblt se roka jaa sakta h?
How can one stabilize hormones to treat PCOS condition naturally . Rather than supplement with hormones for regularizing menstrual periods at the age of 14.
I am 20 years old. My periods are late 6 days and I am having white stretchy discharge. I am worried.
Do it yourself (DIY) are the simple test and procedures that enables you to know the probability of getting a particular disease condition. You can say the test itself a life saving technique and act like a warning signal. In series of posts I will tell you how to test for a particular condition by your own.
1) DIY for cardiovascular disease
"Simple sit and reach test is a good predictor of arterial flexibility"
DIY test for stiff arteries:
A) sit on the floor with your leg straight
B) Your toes should point towards the ceiling
C) Bend from your hips, stretch your arm and try to touch the toes
D) Inability to perform the activity is an indicator that you may have stiff arteries which are the reason of many cardiovascular diseases
Mere breasts mei hmesha pain rhta hai or bhot heavy sa feel hota hai. Jb letne k baad uthti hu to bhot dard hota hai.
I had missed my periods for this month as my period date was 28th March, but I waited for couple of days till 1st April, but it didn't happen. Now I had taken contrapillkit tablets from today, please tell me will it work and in how many hours?
Hi I am 31 years old. I use to get frequent headaches for years and so I did MRI which showed mucosal thickening in the right maxillary sinus. But den I did not show this mri result to doctors. What does it mean and is there nythng to worry?
I have this tingling feeling in my private part every time I pee. All through the day I feel like I need to pee but when I go its hardly anything. I am also on my menstrual cycle now and this feeling has increased. There are quite a few clots in the blood too.
Hi. I just want to ask and im very worried at the moment. Ok, my first day of my last period was sept 5 and we had a contact of my husband last sept 15 using pull out method. Do you think it was safe? Pls answer my ques. I am very stressed out. Thanks.
Sir my wife period's come and 2nd day stop so what problem with him. And I am doing oral sex so that this is create problem in periods pls answer me.
What are the precautions taken for making normal delivery after first delivery as sisserian or other?
Adding giloy satva with prawal pishti, sitopaladi powder, chanderkala rasa etc and giving with different vehicles (e. G. Honey, gulkand, milk, water etc) have different kind of effects and are selected on the basis of condition and current symptoms.
Usual dose is 1/2 gm to 1 gm.
Very safe. No side effects.