Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sanjay SonalYour feedback matters!
Exposure to sun's rays allows the skin to absorb produce vitamin D in the body, however, overexposure to the same can wreak havoc on your skin. So the next time you are going out, consider the effects of sun overexposure on the skin and take precautions accordingly.
Over exposure to the sun's rays can fasten the ageing process in the body. It does this by damaging the fiber in the skin that makes the skin elastic, resulting in sagging skin. It also slows down the healing process of the skin, thus cuts and bruises take longer time to heal.
Following are the various ways in which the sun can cause real damage to your skin:
- It may lead to benign tumors on the skin
- It may decrease the immunity levels of the skin, thus increasing the risk of various diseases such as basal skin carcinoma (cancer of the cells lining the epidermal layer of the skin) and melanoma.
- It may cause wrinkles and fine lines on your skin
- It may cause discoloration of the skin, leading to spots on the skin
- You may also get affected by freckles on your skin
Over exposure to the sun's rays also increases the risk of skin cancer as it may lead to damage of the DNA present on the skin. This may lead to an unhindered growth of cells, resulting in skin cancer. Apart from this, sun exposure may also increase oiliness in the skin and lead to acne breakouts.
There are a number of measures you may adopt to reduce the harmful effects of sun rays on your skin; they are:
- Wear protective clothing when you step out in the sun. Prefer full sleeved clothes and full length trousers or skirts as they will prevent the skin from being overly exposed to the sun.
- Wear sunscreen with an SPF count of at least above 15 when you go out in the sun in order to protect the skin from the harmful ultraviolet radiations of the sun.
- Remember to moisturize your skin as sun exposure may cause the skin to turn dry and flaky.
- Don't save your umbrellas only for rainy days, use them to avoid direct exposure to the sun.
Hi I'm a male or boy my face or skin and all parts of body looks and also has become dark I roam in the sun bcoz of tht I do job so I roam in the sun from 9 to 4 and my face and other part of body sweat alot and also my face has become oily alot please tel me wat should I do to get clear and glowing fair skin on my face and other part of body please help me plz.
1. Keep baths and showers short.Use warm, not hot water, and a mild cleanser. Gently pat the skin dry.
2. Apply moisturizer after getting out of the bath or shower.Ointments and creams tend to be more effective than lotions.
3. Read ingredients on skin care products. Deodorant soaps, alcohol-based toners, and products that contain fragrance can irritate dry, sensitive skin.
4. Use a humidifier to add much-needed moisture to the air.
5. Wear soft fabrics that breathe, such as 100 percent cotton. If you want to wear wool and other rough fabrics, wear a soft fabric underneath.
6. Don’t skimp on hand washing, which can remove harmful bacteria and viruses. If you need to wash your hands frequently, hand sanitizers are a good alternative.
7. Apply hand cream after each hand washing. If more relief is needed, dab petroleum jelly on your hands before bed. If your hands are frequently immersed in water, wear waterproof gloves to help protect them.
I am a fair skin guy. My problem is that the skin on my buttocks cheek is darker from the rest of the body. Also the skin is not smooth. I felt quite embarrassed because of this. Is there any cure?
My husband travels a lot and has lot of heat boils in the face and it keeps re appearing. Also the dandruff doesn't go off. Please advise a remedy for the same.
Sir I have black dots on my face give some measures to cure it and give some measures to weight gain.
Coming to many Pimples in face and oil. Used lots of creams. Face washes Bt no changes. What can I do for better Skin.
Skinless lite cream is good for oily skin and iske fayda kia hoga and iske sath pimple to nahi hoge.
Hi I'm male or boys I have seen or heard people drinking lot type of shakes, smoothie, ice cream and lot type of dessert and they look or have fairer, clear and glowing skin how come they go to restaurants or hotels or lime normal cafe shop like McDonald's, star bucks and CCD and all and have or drink all this shakes, smoothies, and all dessert drinks and they look healthy and their face or skin looks fairer, clear, healthy and glowing is that true? Does drinking all this drinks or dessert makes our skin fairer, clear, healthy and glowing please tel me plz.
I am a fair skin toned 18 year old girl. Past one month I have depigmentation problems in my chin area. Can I use a BAN A TAN cream on my face. This cream worked for my knee depigmentation. Or please suggest some other creams.
I am an 18 years old female and have got under eye dark circles. I have tried every known remedies but of no use. Please suggest an under eye cream to sort out the problem or should I consult a doctor.
I am having skin infection on my lower back and both my elbows. Its been 4-5 months now. Need proper cure now.
Are your regular exercises and the strict diet proving futile on your quest for a tighter and a flatter tummy? You can consider getting an 'abdominoplasty' or 'tummy tuck' done. This cosmetic surgery helps in flattening your abdomen by taking off the extra skin and fat and tightening up the muscles in the walls of your abdomen.
1. The first step involves choosing a surgeon for consultation.
2. There are two types of ‘tummy tuck’ surgery, both carried out under general anesthesia. ‘Complete abdominoplasty’ whereby, your surgeon would dissect your abdomen from one hipbone to the other and then give an outline to your muscle, tissue and skin. ‘Mini or partial abdominoplasty’ are recommended for people whose fat deposits are underneath their naval region.
‘Complete Abdominoplasty’ involves making a big incision around the lower part of the tummy from one hip to another, making a second cut in order to free the belly of the tissue that surrounds that region, separating the skin from the walls around the abdomen, re-aligning the muscles in the abdomen, removing the supplementary skin and fat and then pulling forth the skin remains and stitching them too.
Partial Abdominoplasty requires making a large cut on the lower belly, separating the skin from your abdominal wall, cutting out the excess fat, removing the additional skin and holding the remaining part of the skin together and finally stitching it in place.
Time taken for the surgery
The surgery may stretch from one to about five hours. Or you can consult a surgeon online.
- You will have to cut down on the consumption of alcohol and especially smoking; smoking leads to more complication and slows down the healing process.
- It is recommended to have a well-balanced meal before the surgery.
- You may suffer from swelling and pain in the days after the surgery, for which your doctor would prescribe pain-killers.
- Regardless of the type of surgery conducted, the portion that was operated on would be stitched and bandaged. Therefore, it is very important to abide by the surgeon’s instructions about how you should take care of the dressing in the days to follow.