Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SanjayYour feedback matters!
Did you know your earphones are making you deaf? Here's how.
Fact: Roughly 1.1 billion people worldwide within the age group of 12-35 have been found to be at an increased risk of developing hearing problems.
Listening to loud music on handheld devices using earphones has become a common trend among youngsters these days. You might find it very relaxing to plug in your earphones and escape into your own world of music, but you need to know that this can cause serious damage to your ears. The worst part: you won't realise your ears are being damaged until it's too late.
So, exactly how is loud music damaging your ears?
Continuous exposure to loud music from earphones or other sources results in a medical condition known as Noise-Induced Hearing Loss (NIHL), which can be associated with irreversible damage to the ears resulting in deafness.
When you hear loud music for a considerable amount of time every day it affects your hair cells (nerve cells responsible for sending sound signals to the brain) negatively, so that their ability to respond to sound decreases. If this keeps on happening for many months, eventually the hair cells are damaged beyond repair. These cells cannot be regenerated, making you permanently deaf.
How loud is too loud?
If your ears are exposed to sounds at 95, 100, 105, 110 and 115 dB (decibel, the unit used for measuring sound) for 4 hours, 2 hours, 1 hour, 30 minutes and 15 minutes each day respectively, your ears are at risk of getting severely damaged. Also, playing music at 120 dB or above can damage your ears instantly. You can have a realistic idea about the relation between decibels and sounds you commonly hear by referring to this list:
- 30 dB: soft whisper
- 75 dB: busy traffic
- 90 dB: noise of a motorcycle at 25 feet
- 100 dB: noise of a farm tractor
- 140 dB: jet plane taking off
Moreover, if you experience the following symptoms regularly, there's a high chance that you need to get your ears treated soon:
- A ringing sound in your ears when you are at a quiet place, which vanishes after a few minutes
- You need to raise the volume of TV or music to the fullest to hear it properly
- You have difficulty in hearing people talking at a distance of just 3 feet
How can you prevent the risk of hearing impairment?
When you're using earphones, keep the volume low. Also, using in-ear headsets or noise reduction/cancellation earphones also helps as it lets you hear the music distinctly at lower volumes by cutting out background noise.
CHECK: You need to lower the volume of your music if the person sitting or standing beside you can hear the sound coming out of your earphones.
Related Tip: Why Do You Get an EAR Discharge?
I had sex with my gf 10days before her periods but now she do not get her periods but I am sure I did not ejlaucted inside her periods date was 28 nd today it is 1 whats prblm wid her?
Hello My gynaecologist gave me perineum tablets for increase breast milk but I became unconscious for whole days after taken the tablets last three days ago, so I discontinued. But I am still feeling so restless some time even I am unable to feed my baby n sleeps whole day. please tell how many days will take to recover. please help me .
I not get period from last 62 day I am married living with husband. Checked pregnancy test before 15 days that time test was negative. What should I do? Pls help.
I have got itching in my vagina from last few months also I am getting white discharge coming out from vagina on and off n after fet minutes its become thick cheesy clots and after this itching starts in my vaginal area what is it what do I do is It harmful. Also I have frequent urination problem after evry 30 mnts pr 50 mnts I get urine pressure Sumtimez itz after 15-. 20 mnts could you please suggest it it harmful what do I do I am really so scared and worried so pls suggest me wt I do? Is there any possibilities to cure by taking natural food?
In today’s technology savvy and jet speed lifestyle, stress and tensions become part of our lives. However, you cannot afford to reflect all that stress on neither your looks nor your health. The world has become very materialistic and judgmental to comment about you just based on your looks. So it becomes important to maintain good looks and personality to maintain a good public image. In addition, your looks, personality and health are the key factors that let you keep in pace with your career, your family, your friends and other relationships.
However, when we talk about looks we cannot miss on the topic of health as they both go hand in hand. They are a kind of relationship, which has to be mutual. You cannot have either one of it alone. Because on one hand looks represent your outer persona the health takes over for your inner persona and if you are not healthy you do not look good and looking good without being healthy is also meaningless.
So both these things are inter related and inter dependent. Having good looks along with being healthy is important and for that, one has to be taking regular and diligent efforts. There is no short cut to looks and health and even if ones opt for taking the short cut then there should be preparation in the background to face problems in the long run.
What is the point of looking shortly beautiful and then regretting those moments for the rest of your life? So better, go for a plan take may take time to show results but those results to have long run benefits.
However, when we talk about looks we cannot miss on the topic of health as they both go hand in hand.
If you wish to look good by looking slim and trim and for that you go on fasts and start eating only protein products or if you opt for weight reducing pills then you my friend are ruining and exploiting your body.
Trying to reduce weight is good but the method for it matters even more. The basic things you need to do is cut down on oil, spices, foods with high calories and sugar.
Another thing that needs to be taken care of is a balanced and regular meal. You should have a meal with proper amount of carbohydrate, proteins, fats and vitamins and all these meals should be taken at proper intervals.
All you need is some more care and love for your looks as well as health.
My MC DATE IS 2nd of every months but from past one month my MC IS NOT CLEAR N NOW IS SECOND MONTH IS ALSO SAME WILL UH GUIDE US WHAT TO DO NEXT N M RECENTLY MARRIED GIRL.
I take ipill once in every month. Is it harmful for my health? If yes, what are the problems I may face for this?
Hi, alhua is my wife and we had unprotected sex while she was in her periods, she has stopped bleeding and it happened on 5th day unfortunately the protection didn't play it role properly, and so I'm worried about her getting pregnant, what should we do,
Hello, We are trying for baby. My wife's vagina remains dry. Hence doctor has advised to use conceive Gel from Vivo lifesciences. Is this gel sperm friendly or fertility friendly? Regards.
All of us lead extremely busy lives and amidst all this chaos, we tend to indulge in certain detrimental habits which drastically drain our physical and mental energy levels. So if you are constantly feeling down-and-out, make sure to steer clear from these seven troublesome habits.
1) Not drinking enough water - Loss of water is closely associated with thickening of blood which greatly decreases the rate of oxygen exchange, ultimately leading to low energy levels.
2) Using electronic devices at bedtime - According to research, exposure to any light-emitting technology at bedtime has an adverse effect on your sleep pattern and does not give adequate rest to the brain.
3) Iron-deficient diet - If your body lacks adequate amount of iron, you are bound to experience weakness, lack of concentration, sluggishness and mood variations. Make sure to include iron-rich products in your diet such as green leafy vegetables, eggs, red meat etc.
4) Entertaining negative thoughts - People who constantly focus on the negative aspects of life have been found to have lower energy levels than the ones with a positive outlook. Prolonged negative thinking can also spark early dementia.
5) Skipping breakfast - Breakfast is certainly the most important meal of the day. Your body burns calories even when you are sleeping and thus after you wake up from a long night’s sleep, it is the right time to refuel your body and fill it up with nutrients for the entire day. Therefore, do not miss your breakfast at any cost.
6) Excessive consumption of junk food - Regular consumption of food products rich in trans fats, refined sugar and starchy carbohydrates leads to a sudden rise in blood sugar which is followed by a sugar crash, eventually leading to extreme fatigue.
7) Living in a cluttered environment - Research has proved that working in a cluttered environment leads to reduced functioning of the brain and poor concentration. It is also known to hamper the information processing capability of the brain, leading to a feeling of lethargy and sluggishness.
If you have any further questions, ask me by clicking on 'consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media