Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sangita ChatterjeeYour feedback matters!
The fourth day of Diwali is celebrated as Annakut to thank God for his benevolence. Govardhan Puja is one of the primary rituals associated with this day. The legend behind this festival is centred around a hillock named Govardhan which Krishna lifted to shelter the people living there from torrential rains. Thus, it is celebrated by making small mounds of cow dung that symbolize the hillock and prayers to Lord Govardhan. Cow dung in India is not treated as mere excrement, but has a number of uses. Primary amongst them is the burning of dried cow dung cakes as fuel to cook food in rural households and provide heat. Cow dung is also an excellent fertilizer. In many places, cow dung is also added to mud bricks so as to strengthen the brick and prevent disintegration.
According to Ayurveda, cow dung is germicidal and has healing properties. To this effect, cow dung is mentioned a number of times in ancient Indian scriptures.
1. Cow dung’s antibacterial properties make it a good natural disinfectant. Using cow dung to disinfect an area involves coating the floor with a paste of fresh cow dung. This practice is followed in many rural households throughout India. Burning cakes of dried cow dung are also said to repel insects and mosquitoes.
2. Cow dung is also said to have mood enhancing properties. It contains bacteria named Mycobacterium vaccae which is responsible for activating neurons that produce serotonin. Seratonin is a neurotransmitter that contributes towards making a person feel happy.
3. Dried cow dung is also used to make disinfectant soaps. Some of the ayurvedic practitioners also use cow dung to treat skin ailments. However, you must keep in mind that cow dung does contain bacteria and hence should not be applied on skin that is cut or raw.
4. Even the ash produced by cow dung has beneficial uses. This ash when added to pond water is also said to balance the acidity in the water and regulate pH levels. Dry ash absorbs oil and fat and hence is also used as a cleaning agent.
Here are some other medicinal uses of cow dung:
1. According to some ancient scripts, cow dung ash can be used to strengthen gums and clean teeth.
2. Cow dung is an excellent disinfectant and mosquito repellent. This is the reason why the walls of the houses were coated with cow dung in the ancient times.
3. The cow dung can be used a body back in order to detoxify the body.
4. It is also said to be very helpful in preventing pimples.
5. Cow dung is also known to improve blood circulation.
6. It also helps in keeping the infections from spreading.
7. Ayurvedic medicines made out of cow dung also work wonders in treating indigestion problems.
However, if one chooses to use cow dung to treat an ailment or cleanse the body in any way, it should be done only under the supervision of an Ayurvedic doctor.
For a married couple, having a child is the next step to completing the family picture. However, for various reasons, some attributed to the male and some to the female, this picture remains incomplete.
Talking to a doctor is one of the best starting points. There could be deep-rooted causes for this issue, and homeopathy aims in treating the root cause and not just infertility. A good homeopath will ask you numerous questions to find out associated symptoms, family history, etc., and then arrive at a remedy that would work best for you. This is a highly customised therapy and so self-medication based on a friend or family member’s recommendation is best avoided.
Infertility in females is often caused by the following reasons:
- Irregular menstruation
- Hormonal imbalance
- Advancing age
- Emotional stress
- Excessive smoking
- Alcohol consumption
- Sexually transmitted diseases (Chlamydia, gonorrhoea)
- Structural abnormalities in the pelvic area including fibroids, pelvic adhesions, blocked fallopian tubes, etc.
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID)
- Thyroid disorders
With more and more women coming out in the open to discuss, researchers have started working towards identifying the problem and working towards the treatment. The success rate of homeopathy in treating infertility is also on the rise. As with any medical condition, homeopathy treats not just the problem or symptom at hand, but the person holistically. Read on to know some of the common homeopathic remedies, but make sure you have a detailed discussion with doctor to identify what would work best for you. Self-medication is best avoided.
- In women with reduced sexual drive, Agnus and Sepia are widely used. The vaginal is extremely dry which could be painful during sex. There is also a bearing down sensation of the uterus in these women.
- In women with reduced menstruation, Pulsatilla and Sepia are widely used. The periods are never on the expected date, and when they occur, the flow is quite scanty and suppressed. Pulsatilla is also used when ovarian cysts are present. Sepia is useful in women that are prone to miscarriages.
- In women with excessive menstruation, Calcarea and Aletris are widely used. The periods happen before time, is too long with profuse bleeding. This excessive bleeding also causes anaemia, weakness, and fatigue. These women might also have frequent abortions.
- In women who have experienced a miscarriage in their third month earlier, with uterine and ovarian inflammation, Sabina is used.
- In women who are not able to retain sperms, Natrum carb is useful. There could be an offensive smelling vaginal discharge which is also very irritating and itching.
These are just some of the common remedies, but there are more, and each patient would require different therapy based on associated symptoms.
Recently me and my girlfriend had sex. It was protected and she even took contraceptive pills but she missed her periods which were dated to 28 feb nd she is feeling weakness nd vomiting. Is there any chance that she is pregnant .we both were virgins.
Hi this is kalpana. I am 29 years old. I am married. Still now I do not get period. I went a hospital but doctor said it's miracle uterus is not there. Any treatment is there. I need children's.
Am at 36.3 weeks pregnant but my 9 th scan shows that gestation week is 38.6 weeks. My baby weight is 3645gm .amniotic fluid level is lower than the limit AFI 8 cm. Can I expect early delivery bcz my due date is 5/10/2017 but now scan shows that 18/9/2017. Low level amniotic level make any problems? Weight of baby is 90% / large for date means?
I was taking krimson 35 ocp for last 6 months. I got my withdrawal bleeding regularly in plasbo week. I am asking is there any possibility of getting pregnant if I got my bleeding? Thank you.
I am 23 years old. I missed my period this month. I brought pregnancy kit. My result was positive. This is my first child. Can you please tell what to do now.
Hi Doctor, I'm providing information of my menstruation and ovulation dates of this year. Can you please guide me from which day I need to start trying, to get pregnant in this month. I am providing every month's 1st day of the periods and ovulation day from January to August. Below: "Periods on January 10th, ovulated on Jan 21st (assumed as per clear white discharge). Periods on Feb 9th, ovulated on 21stfeb, Periods on March 9th, ovulation date do not know. Periods on April 10th, ovulated on April 21st night and 22nd (Done sonography this month). Periods on May 8th, ovulated on May 19th. Periods on June 4th, ovulated on 15th night. Periods on July 1st, ovulated on July 12th (I felt, not sure). Periods on Aug 2nd, ovulated on Aug 12th (I felt, not sure) Again periods in Aug 29th. After observing the above information, I come to know my ovulation date is coming on 12th or 13th of my cycle. Can you please let me know from which day should I start trying and whether I should try to conceive upto day 16th of my cycle. Please help me regarding this. Thank you.
We had unprotected sex from my CD 8 to 12. The next day evening ie on CD 13, I found slight spotting on my tissue paper. We din have Intercourse then onwards. Three days I could find this slight blood traces on my tissue paper. Then it stopped. Today CD 18 afternoon again I found traces of blood on my tissue paper. Doctor I am scared. We are trying to conceive. Is there anything wrong with me?
My wife is diabetic from the time when she was pregnant. In spite of controlling food, exercise & medicine its is not getting under control. Please suggest how she should proceed in her diet & other activities.
1. तारपीन: कमर तक गुनगुने पानी में बैठे और पेडू (नाभि) पर सेक करने के बाद तारपीन के तेल की मालिश करने से मासिक-धर्म की पीड़ा नष्ट हो जाती है।
2. बबूल: लगभग 250 ग्राम बबूल की छाल को जौकूट यानी पीसकर 2 लीटर पानी में पकाकर काढ़ा बना लें। जब यह 500 मिलीलीटर की मात्रा में रह जाए तो योनि में पिचकारी देने से मासिक-धर्म जारी हो जाता है और उसकी पीड़ा भी शान्त हो जाती है।
3. कालीमिर्च: कालीमिर्च एक ग्राम, रीठे का चूर्ण 3 ग्राम दोनों को कूटकर जल के साथ सेवन करने से आर्तव (माहवारी) की पीड़ा (दर्द) नष्ट हो जाती है।
4. अजवायन: अजवायन, पोदीना, इलायची व सौंफ इन चारों का रस समान मात्रा में लेकर लगभग 50 ग्राम की मात्रा में मासिकस्राव के समय पीने से आर्तव (माहवारी) की पीड़ा नष्ट हो जाती है।
5. रीठा: मासिकस्राव के बाद वायु का प्रकोप होने से स्त्रियों का मस्तिष्क शून्य हो जाता है। आंखों के आगे अंधकार छा जाता है। दांतों की बत्तीसी भिड़ जाती है। इस समय रीठे को पानी में घिसकर झाग (फेन) बनाकर आंखों में अंजन लगाने से तुरन्त वायु का असर दूर होकर स्त्री स्वस्थ हो जाती है।
6. मूली: जब मासिक-धर्म खुलकर न आए तब ऐसी दशा में मूली के बीजों का चूर्ण 4-4 ग्राम की मात्रा में सुबह, दोपहर और शाम सेवन करें। यदि मासिक धर्म बंद हो गया हो, कई महीनों से नहीं आया हो तो मूली, सोया, मेथी और गाजर के बीजों को समान मात्रा में लेकर 4-4 ग्राम की मात्रा में खाकर ऊपर से ताजा पानी पीने से बंद मासिक धर्म खुलकर आता है। मासिक धर्म की कमी के कारण यदि मुंहासे निकलते हों तो प्रात:समय पत्तों सहित एक मूली रोजाना खाएं।
मूली रज (मासिक-धर्म) और वीर्य पुष्ट करती है। श्वेत प्रदर के रोग को दूर करने में भी यह सहायक है।
7. अदरक: मासिक-धर्म के कष्ट में सोंठ और पुराने गुड़ का काढ़ा बनाकर रोगी को पिलाना लाभकारी होता है। ध्यान रहे कि ठण्डे पानी और खट्टी चीजों से परहेज रखें।
8. मेथी: रजोनिवृति के रोग में मेथी को खाने से लाभ मिलता है।
9. गुड़हल: 6-12 ग्राम गुड़हल के फलों का चूर्ण कांजी के साथ दिन में 2 बार सेवन करने से मासिक-धर्म की परेशानी दूर हो जाती है।
10. केसर: लगभग 1 ग्राम का चौथा भाग केसर को दूध में मिलाकर दिन में 2 से 3 बार पीने से मासिक-धर्म के समय दर्द में आराम मिलता है।
11. भांग: मासिक-धर्म के आने से पहले पेट को शुद्ध कर देना चाहिए, फिर गांजा को दिन में 3 बार देते रहने पर माहवारी (मासिक-धर्म) के समय दर्द कम हो जाता है और मासिक-धर्म भी नियमित होने लगता है।
Do kidney stones cause sour burps? Do kidney stones effect menstrual cycle? Does it effect in delaying periods? please do help with your answers.
I am 21 years old female. I am having less blood percentage of 5. Is beetroot enough to increase blood percentage. What type of food should I add to increase blood percentage. Is medicines solv s my problem?
Junk food is nothing but junk with no nutritional value. While it undoubtedly is lip smacking, but costs us our health without we knowing we are falling into an unhealthy trap.
It is somehow wrong to say we don't know what it does to our health, but we just tend to ignore. The junk food that we prefer to eat contains lots of salt, fat and artificial chemicals and now a days, more and more processed foods are finding their way into our refrigerators as they can just be picked up and eaten anytime hunger pangs are felt.
Refined flour, white sugar, cheese, canned juices, frozen foods, cheese laden pizzas and breads are all yummy, but not something that is readily accepted and digested by your stomach. The most common problem they lead to is constipation as digestive organs find it increasingly difficult to digest them.
While it is advisable to stay away from junk foods or at least not have them very frequently, if its consumption has caused you constipation and you'are looking for ways to find relief, here are some quick ayurvedic remedies for you:
- Aloe vera: Besides acting as a remedy for minor burns and cuts, aloe vera gel also helps soothe your stomach. It functions as a natural laxative by making your stool softer. Moreover, it aids in protein digestion and makes the muscular structure of your intestines stronger, consequently providing relief from constipation. Have 2 tablespoons of aloe gel in morning by mixing it with your glass of fruit juice, or consume 1 cup of aloe vera juice.
- Castor oil: Castor oil is often referred to as a stimulant laxative and is a very useful remedy for constipation. Castor oil enables smooth movement and functioning of the intestines, making it easier for stool to pass. Drink 1 to 2 teaspoons of castor oil on an empty stomach. It takes about 8 hours to show its effect, so decide which time of the day will be suitable for you to consume it.
- Coconut Oil and Flaxseed: Coconut oil is a wonderful hydrating agent and eases stools. Flaxseeds help in the elimination of toxins, excess fat and cholesterol from the body. So in one tablespoon of coconut oil, add half a teaspoon of flaxseeds, chew well and eat this in morning.
- Baking Powder: Baking powder has an alkalizing effect and eases movement through the bowels. Add a teaspoon to 1/4 cup of warm water and drink it quickly for best results. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I am 30 years old female . My marital life completed 4 years. My problem is that between me and my husband the sexual communication is not good. Also he has health complaint . I am not getting pregnant. Also we attempted ivf one cycle. Its failed. Now my problem is as usual. So what I do now for getting pregnant now.
I am 21 year old women and I have recently married before 3 months. I have missed my periods for this month. My previous menstrual date is 7 January 2016 and it has end on 12 January 2016. I have done my pregnancy test twice this month. I got negative result. My question is I am pregnant? Why it is showing negative, almost it has passed 45, still I didn't have my periods. I am totally confused. Can you guide me in this?
Hi, I am 24 male, planning to get marry with my girlfriend (age- 35), I wanted to know whether she can be pregnant and give normal birth to child due to such age? However she gets her regular monthly periods, but blood count becomes low from 5th or 6th day of her monthly periods! Can she still be pregnant and have normal child delivery? What are the precautions we have to take and last age for normal delivery for woman? How many normal deliveries can she go through due to such age? Will there be any problem in sexual satisfaction in future due to high age difference? It will a great help in my life if I get all the answers!
Health Benefits of Watermelon
Watermelon is by far, one of the most powerful, body-healing fruits out there! The amazing health benefits of watermelon cover everything from your brain all the way to the cells in your feet. Some of the best watermelon I've had was from Costa Rica. The fruit there is incredible, and watermelon tasted about 80% better than the stuff you buy in stores in North America. Plus, they all contained seeds, which means none of them were GMO, hybrid, or tainted in any respect. If you want to eat some tasty fruit with me down there at the Live Love Fruit Rawjuvenation Retreat, you won't be disappointed. Raw foods, unlimited fruit and vegetables, fresh cracked coconut water, yoga, eco-adventures and so much more! The best time to indulge in this fresh, succulent, juicy melon, is summertime, when they are in season and deliver an array of nutrients, vitamin and minerals.
Watermelon is incredibly hydrating (up to 92% water!) and is naturally low-fat. Make this melon a part of your daily diet and you will reap amazing benefits that range from improving cardiovascular health to nourishing your eyes and revving up your immune system! Read below and see for yourself! Cardiovascular and Bone Health The lycopene in watermelon is especially important for our cardiovascular health and is now being recognized as an important factor in promoting bone health. Consuming large amounts of watermelon has also been correlated with improved cardiovascular function because it improves blood flow via vasodilation (relaxation of blood pressure). Dietary lycopene (from foods like watermelon or tomatoes) reduces oxidative stress which normally reduces the activity of osteoblasts and osteoclasts (the two major bone cells involved in the pathogenesis of osteoporosis) - this means stronger bones for those consuming lycopene-rich foods. Watermelon is also rich in potassium which helps to retain calcium in your body, resulting in stronger bones and joints. Reduces Body Fat The citrulline in watermelon has been shown to reduce the accumulation of fat in our fat cells. Citrulline is an amino acid which converts into arginine with help from the kidneys. When our bodies absorb citrulline it can take the step of converting into arginine if so required. Citrulline, when consumed, has the ability to (through a series of steps) block the activity of TNAP (tissue-nonspecific alkaline phosphatase) which makes our fat cells create less fat, and thus helps prevent over-accumulation of body fat. Anti-inflammatory and Antioxidant Support Watermelon is rich in phenolic compounds like flavonoids, carotenoids, and triterpenoids. The carotenoid lycopene in watermelon is particularly beneficial in reducing inflammation and neutralizing free radicals. The triterpenoid cucurbitacin E is also present in watermelon, which provides anti-inflammatory support by blocking activity of cyclo-oxygenase enzymes which normally lead to increased inflammatory support. Make sure you pick ripe watermelons, because they contain higher amounts of these beneficial phenolic compounds.