Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. Sangita BeriyaYour feedback matters!
My average penis size after erection 4.6 inch which is less than average size of normal person. Kindly suggest how it happen and what is the treatment for this to get about minimum 5 inch.
Sir I am 17 year old suffering from fever from last two days and have backpain I so. Also. What should I do?
Am 19 years old female, Tel me the solution to come out from the headache plzzzz suggest me am suffer a lot and my father also have same problem plzzzz suggest.
I'm suffering with regular constipation. Because of this my weight is increasing day by day. I'm also not able to do exercise because when I do exercise it cause constipation. Please suggest what to do ?
I can't reach full erect state. I always end up at partially erect penis I mean in fully excited state the curvature of penis becomes convex but I end up where the curvature is between plane and concave Please help.
Hello, please plz help. Actually, I am taking patanjali giloy vati twice a day after meal since 1 month. Then I noticed, when I go for fresh early morning then I see small quantity of blood with stool most of the time. Is anything serious? Why this blood is coming with stool? Giloy should not be harmful? please plz suggest.
If I sex my wife n remove sperms out of vagina than will it will make her pregnant or will it create any issue?
My friend has a problem of itching several times a day all over his body. What should he do to cure it?
Sir in the winter time easily I have common cold and it remain 10-15 day easily it does not improve by any medicine. please sugest me.
My mom is suffering from coughing. Almost 20 days. But not relief. .she is 55 years old. She take cough syrup. (grilinctus)
I am 62 years male. I am diabatic. I am taking medecine for last 5 years. It is glimaday and metaday. Now for last 15 days sugar level on fasting is 200 and pp is 260. Please advice.
You may develop a form of diabetes during pregnancy, which is known as gestational diabetes. The condition usually goes away after childbirth. During pregnancy, hormonal changes within the body may cause the blood sugar level to rise. This condition affects the developing fetus as well, as the baby receives nutrients from your blood. The baby may store the extra sugar as fat and may grow unusually large.
How gestational diabetes affects the baby
Owing to the abnormally large size, the baby may be at risk of facing several complications, if you have gestational diabetes. Your baby may be affected in the following ways:
1. There may be injuries during birth due to the large size.
2. Low blood sugar level and mineral level during birth.
3. Jaundice, which is a condition which turns the skin to yellow.
4. The baby may be born prematurely.
5. Breathing problems which are temporary.
6. The baby will be at a higher risk of obesity later in life.
How gestational diabetes affects the mother
The chances of several pregnancy complications get enhanced due to gestational diabetes. The possible risks are as follows:
1. Chances of undergoing a C-section
2. Chances of miscarriage
3. High blood pressure.
4. Pre-term birth
5. After giving birth, the mother has high chances of developing type 2 diabetes.
How to manage gestational diabetes?
You can follow several tips and must undergo lifestyle changes for keeping your diabetes in control. These include the following:
1. You should have a healthy diet with reduced amount of carbohydrates as they cause the sugar level to increase. You must abstain from high sugar food items.
2. Regular physical exercise is essential for the management of sugar levels. You should work out for at least 30 minutes every day.
3. Regular health check-ups are very important, especially for your baby after birth. These may include ultrasounds and nonstress tests.
4. Prescribed medication such as insulin and several others help in the management of blood sugar levels.
5. You must observe your blood sugar level properly. You should take a blood sugar test many times a day.
6. You should always watch your symptoms for any sign of blood sugar during pregnancy.
In case you are diagnosed with gestational diabetes, you must consult a doctor immediately. Managing this condition at an early stage will prevent your baby from being affected in several ways. The condition can be successfully managed and majority of women with gestational diabetes have regular vaginal births and produce healthy babies.