Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SangeethaYour feedback matters!
My baby is 11 months old I am giving bf n also buffalo milk I want to add some protein powder which I shud give?
My son is only 1.2 years old, abd he is suffering from cold issue. Can any doctor suggest me for best remedy? And please help me what kind of medicine I have to stock for emergency for kids?
My son age 1 year some time he is suffering from sudden congestion. Doctors giving it high antibiotics. What is the reason of sudden congestion (within 2 hours)? what is safe medication or safe antibiotics for him?
My son, 6 years, suffering from stomach pain, and his stomach becomes high temperature, and he is suffering from cold cough. Please suggest me. What should I do?
How to check that 1.5 month baby is taking complete breast feed. It was normal delivery of our baby. My wife is not satisfied after feeding the baby and mentally disturb due to this which is not good for both mother and baby. My wife says that after 2 hr breast feed baby still licking his tongue which means he is still hungry. My doc suggest that we can give Nan 1C milk to baby if mother feels that baby is still hungry. But my wife do not want to give external milk. She is very disturbed. Please help us.
You might think, as a parent, that if you behave strictly then your child will become well-behaved. But research and studies have shown that the opposite happens. Strict parenting leads to children who behave worse than others and they suffer from low self-esteem.
Some other reasons why being strict is harmful:
- Never learning self-regulation: Responsibility and self-discipline have to be learned by the children themselves. When you put harsh limits on them, they never learn self-regulation. If they think the limits don’t sound too harsh, they will learn to accept them. But the limits placed on them should never be controlling. If this happens, children see themselves as being controlled and no one enjoys being controlled.
- Instilling fear: If you are being authoritarian (parenting in which there are high demands and low sympathy) instead of empathetic, then your children will become scared of you. You are instilling the power of fear in them. This triggers a vicious chain of events. When you yell, they will yell as well.
- Anger and depression: Authoritarian parenting often leads to children believing a part of them is unacceptable. They feel that their parents would not understand. It makes them susceptible to anger management issues and depression.
- Blindly obeying those in power: Children raised up in strict households start thinking power is always right. They learn to obey blindly. This makes them vulnerable to peer pressure. They also never learn to take responsibility for their actions.
- Rebelling: Children tend to be angrier and become rebellious when they have strict parents. The need to break free and not conform to the non-empathetic limits that forces them to act out. They might even nurture thoughts about leaving home and running away.
- Lying: Strict parenting creates excellent liars. Children learn to lie when they are in trouble. They think lies will placate their parents and they can get away with anything.
- Damage to parent-child relationship: If you are strict and you don’t change your authoritarian ways, then it damages your relationship with your children. Natural empathy is lacking in strict parents. You don’t understand your child, and your child doesn’t feel like sharing their lives with you. It creates a divide between the parent and child. Children never quite get over this as they grow older. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I'm diagnosed with dangerous cyst after a routine radiological examination. How complicated it is? I have been advised a surgery to remove the same. What should I expect? I'm worried.
Hi Doctor, my kid 3years old now, from the time of birth till now he will cry a lot. We are unable to see this crying. For example if he want chocolate and if we deney to give he will start crying till he get that one, by crying a lot and then get tired and he will fall sleep. He will speak few words and just trying now to talk but most of the things he will not understand. How can I make him control and how to make him understand the things. please help me out. We met pediatric neurologist and then took EEG, MRI SCAN, every thing is normal. He is taking homeopathic medical, as he is having speech delayed which was suggested by home doctor.
How to enhance a boy aged 9 years to show interest in reading and writing. Shows more interest in computer games.
My 4 year old is not improving his height and weight. Inspire of having nutritious food like fruits, boiled veggies and egg. I have being using pediasure for almost a year but no change. Even we got checked him for any ailments like lead test, HB and all. All the reports are normal. What should I do? Please suggest.
My son suffering from chest congestion and throat infection And it occurs when season changes What do I do to increase the immunity and want to save him from recurrence of cold and cough.
My 2.5 years daughter weighs only 10.5 kgs, but she is active. She eats very less, even 1 roti she takes 1 hour to complete. (max she have 1 roti and small portion of other things like biscuit, chips, apple etc) As prescribed by doctor we are giving her Pediasure from last 3 months, but no positive results till datePlease suggest, how to increase her weight given she eats very less.
My baby always start crying at night 9pm to 2 am daily what will be the problem and she is only 6 month old tell the solution.
Hi doctor Please tell me what food can breast feeding mother avoid. And can she drink coconut water? She is breast feeding to 14 days old baby so please suggest some food for their health.
Hello, My child is 4 months old. Since he was almost one month old. His problem of cold and cough continues. I give him steam and nebulise him the saline solution. Almost every week. But he is still having that buzz buzz sound when he breathes. Dnt know if it could be problematic to have cold and cough continued for so long. I have been giving him oil massage everyday. But too worried. please help me what to do Thanks
Good evening. My daughter 5 years old has a high temperature like 39,2-39,7 for 4 days already. Nurafen and Paracetamol help for a while and temperature drops after intake for 2-3 hours and then comes back. Also her nose blocked (she breaths with hew mouth open during her sleep) but not running. No other symptoms. What are possible diagnosis? For how long can I proceed with Nurafen and Paracetamol? What vital signs should I monitor and when I should run to the hospital?
Bed Wetting is a phenomenon in which a child urinates, involuntarily, on bed when fast asleep at night.
A. The Secret Problem
A child gains bladder control at night, but it varies with age. After attaining the age of five, 15% of the children continue bed wetting and after the age of 10, only 5% are found to be still bed wetting. The incidences of bed wetting in boys are twice as compared to girls. Bed wetting can often lead to extreme embarrassment and social awkwardness for the parents. For parents to deal with such inevitable child problems, they must know the causes that lead to bed wetting.
B. The Bedwetting Gene
Your own DNA may be the chief contributor to your child’s bed wetting; research states that in 75 percent of the cases, this problem is found to be hereditary. However, parents should deal with this problem with sensibility and sensitivity, so as not to alienate their children in any way.
- Delayed Bladder Maturation: In such cases, the communication between the bladder and the brain is delayed.
- Lower Anti-Diuretic Hormone (ADH): Inadequate secretion of such hormones causes the kidneys to produce lesser urine during the day, thus increasing chances of bed wetting at night.
- Deep Sleeping: With deep sleeping, the brain fails to get the signal that the bladder may be full.
- Constipation: With constipation, the problem is that there may be uncontrolled contraction of bladder due to the bowels being full all the time.
When is it a concern?
There is nothing wrong with bedwetting during childhood, especially when the child is less than 2 years of age. However, it might be a concern if the child happens to gain bladder control at night but the condition relapses. Also, if psychological stress happens to be at the root of the child’s bedwetting, it could be considered to be a cause for concern.
Homeopathic treatment for bedwetting in children
Homeopathy is a very effective natural treatment for enuresis. The homeopathic remedies for bedwetting are perfectly safe. These natural homeopathic remedies do not have any side effects at all. Safety of the medicines is a major issue when you are to give any medicine to your child. Therefore it is of utmost importance that the medicines should be completely safe. Homeopathic remedies are known to be perfectly safe and have been tried by millions of patients all over the world over the last 2 centuries.
5 Best Homeopathic medicines for bedwetting in children
Homeopathy has been found to be very successful in treating bedwetting. The aim of Homeopathy is to strengthen the nervous system of the body. This allows the child to gain control over the urinary bladder. The same child who had been urinating in the bed for years is able to keep the bed dry within a matter of a couple of weeks. Homeopathy offers the best way of treating bedwetting. The embarrassment of the child as well as the parents vanishes quickly like magic. Here are the 5 best homeopathic medicines for bedwetting that help in working this magic-
- Acid Phos
It is important to mention here that the above mentioned 5 best homeopathic medicines for bedwetting are by no means the only medicines for bedwetting. There are many other medicines that are also used to cure enuresis. The exact selection of the right medicine depends upon the detailed symptoms of each individual patient. So, it always recommended to consult a specialized homeopath before going for any medication.
- Ensure that your child urinates right before hitting the bed.
- Limit your child’s fluid intake after having a thorough discussion with the doctor.
- Set an alarm for the child to wake up and go to the toilet in the middle of the night.
- Bladder stretching exercises increase the bladder’s capacity and thus the quantum of urine that can be held by the child’s bladder.
- Medications, as would be prescribed by a pediatrician.
- Use a plastic sheet over the bed.
- And finally, don’t panic. Usually, the problem resolves on its own.