Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SangeethaYour feedback matters!
Hello Doctors, My son born on 10th APR-2016 with 1.96 KG with PRE-TERM (34 Weeks 6 days) and currently he is with weight of 3.8 Kg but he is continuously taking the FORMULA MILK (Similac Advance 1) only because my wife is not getting the breast milk like very rarely she can get breast milk and she is trying to give parallel but we are really worrying because as we are seeing through out the day he is feeding with formula milk only. Please suggest is there any harm? And what to do this conditions since if he is having hungry he will cry lot and after formula milk feeding he is OK. And he is more active like hitting through his legs and hands and keep on looking the persons and laughing and responding if we tell some thing. Suggest please for the further way forward. Thanking you in advance!
My daughter is 9 months old. She is a poor eater. Her weight is 7 kg. And think she is not feeling hungry. So can we give some appetite. So got a cypon. When I see the reviews in Google, its mentioned that its not advisable. So can you please tell me wat to give to make her hungry and to eat.
My baby is 17 months old and had viral from past 10 days now its 3 days she feeling better nd no fever bt she is very uncomfortable nw pre viral she waz very active bt now she has no energy to do such activities. I am giving 1 boiled egg daily bt she is taking only white part of it nd curd I am giving. Rest she is on breastfeeding. She doesn't take anything. Plain water she is taking. She refuses to take juices or electral or any flavour drink. Please advise what to do fr bringing her energy back and also advice some good food options.
Sir mari beti 1 year ki honaaa wali h WO stand nhi ho paati koi prob to nhi h mari bdi beti 7 mhinaaa ki bjagna lgi thi aisaaa kyu. Or mari choti beti bht kamjor h PR WO khatiii bht h hr tym bhukiii hi rhti h.maiii kya kruu ab.
My two months old baby s spitting milk a lot after feed. Now a days he s spitting like curd type. Is it normal. After every feed im burping him. But also he s spitting like curd type. Kindly let me know is it normal? How to overcome wth these. Kindly advice.
My new born baby born on 29/3/17 at 6: 38 pm.He is crying a lot lot. Infact did cried from 1 am to 7 am today itself. Got slept by then. Just now waken up and started crying again. Please let Me know how to proceed ahead. Additionally he has gone for vaccination yesterday as well. BCG OPV, HEPATITIS B (1) and Haemo Infuenzae Type B.Can this be a cause of behind his crying or something else? Please help out and also gave tips as how to proceed ahead for feeding by Mother in proper manner.
My 5.5 month old has been passing green thick smelly stool since we started him on top feed - banana, dal water, rice paste, wheat paste etc. Is this normal? There is no apparent discomfort he is suffering from.
Dear sir, my daughter who is 5 years old does not eat food properly, her weight is good she is 24 kg, but I don't understand how to get rid of her diet.
Hi, my son's age is 1.5 yr. He was suffering from periodic fever (as per doctor) which was recurrent for 2 months and was coming every alternate week. Now he is ok but in the due course we have done some tests of cbc, crp, mp dual antigen and urine re & culture. Urine test is ok with a scanty bacteria shown. Blood test is ok hb is 12.6 and the other components are ok only the concern is that the rbc is a bit small. Doctor prescribed iron tonic for 6 months. My question is is this a concern for having rbc a bit small? as doctor said to keep in observation for sometime. My baby is active with no weight loss or growth hamper till date. Please advice. Thank you in advance for your help.
If you are experiencing a whizzing sound while you breathe or having difficulty in breathing, you are suffering from asthma. It is a medical condition characterized by paroxysmal wheezing respiration dyspnoea. There is no definite way to prevent asthma, but by following a step-by-step daily plan, you can prevent asthma attacks or keep them in check. Here are some important measures to follow to prevent asthma:
- You need to strictly follow your asthma action plan. The plan should be laid down after a detailed discussion with a doctor or healthcare team. All the medicines you require to prevent the asthma attacks will be written down for you.
- You should get vaccinated for pneumonia and influenza. This will prevent these conditions from triggering asthma attacks or flare-ups.
- You need to identify the asthma triggers and stay away from them. Several outdoors irritants and allergens from pollen to cold air can trigger asthma attacks.
- You have to monitor your breathing. By recognising the warning signs of an attack like wheezing, slight coughing or shortness of breath, you can prevent an asthma attack. You need to measure and record your peak airflow regularly using a home peak flow meter.
- By acting quickly, you can identify a fatal attack and prevent it from occurring. When the peak flow measurement decreases, you need to take your medicines immediately and abstain from any activity which may have triggered the attack.
- You need to keep taking your prescribed medicines, even if your asthma symptoms have improved. You should not change your medication schedule without consulting a doctor. It is recommended that you to bring along the medicines you take at your doctor’s appointment as he will be able to tell whether you are taking them right.
- If you use your quick relief inhaler a lot, the asthma is not under control. You need to visit your doctor as soon as possible and he/she will make some modifications to your treatment.
- For prevention of asthma, you should use allergy proof pillow covers and mattresses. You must wash your bedding every week in hot water to eliminate dust mites. You may use a dehumidifier for reducing excess moisture to prevent mold.
- Do not allow your pets in the bedroom and on the furniture. Pet dander is a common trigger of asthma and it cannot be avoided by people who own pets.
- You can also fit an air filtration system in your home. It will help in the elimination of asthma triggers such as pollen, dust mites and other allergens.
Many doctors suggest immunotherapy for asthma prevention in the form of allergy shots. Immunotherapy aims at altering a person’s immune response by making it less sensitive to asthma triggers.
My 10 years daughter cries too much, she doesnt says anything if she is having any problem, only cries, please tell what to do?
My baby girl is 3 month old and she is green potty, I was test with SRL and having some infection it was at lest 1 month counseling with doctor is going on. Please suggest what should I do and will impact my baby.
My child is 2 year 10 month, he still speaks two letter words only and is unable to form sentence. Though he says 1-10 ,abcd phonetic, colours name, however I noticed that he says few words in backwards spell. Like Paani, he says pain, for sheep he says peesh, for okay he says KO .I keep correcting him. Also I found that unknowgly he pronounce the correct word but if I ask what is this he says in backwards direction. This is not with all words only few words spl which include "pa" in it.
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated?
My baby hardly takes food. She keeps on crying whenever the food is brought near her. At present she is on solids like cerelac and dia mix. She also has hard stools. She drinks a lot of water. As new parents we are worried.
Parents are always concerned about their child's physical health, but often ignore their mental health. Along with physical well-being, your child's mental well-being is also equally important.
The following are eight tips to improve your child's mental well-being:
- Adequate sleep: Sufficient amount of sleep is required for a child to stay mentally fit. Parents often engage their children with various classes and activities and compromise on their sleeping hours. This in turn affects the child's mental state. Therefore, as a parent, you must take care not to compromise on your child's sleeping hours.
- Allowing them to play: Nowadays, children are overburdened with studies and other learning activities. They do not get to play quite often. But as a parent, you must take care of your child's schedule, so that he/she can have proper playtime too. Playing involves physical activity as well as creativity in certain cases. This helps to improve mental health.
- Learning to share and care: You must take care to inculcate in your child the values of sharing and caring. These little things can also help improve your child's mental health. Learning how to share with others and caring for others will help them to stay happy.
- Regular exercise: Encouraging your child to regularly exercise will not only help improve his/her physical health, but also mental health. It will also help them to reduce stress and maintain a good mood as well.
- Listen to them: Parents often ignore when children are speaking on less important matters; may be about a new friend or a strict teacher in school. But as a parent, you must take out some time from your daily schedule to listen out to their stories. Listening to them attentively will make them feel important, increase their confidence and hence, improve their mental well-being.
- Encourage them to make friends: Encouraging your child to make new friends will help them to socialize better. They will feel confident about themselves and also open up. This can boost up their mental well-being.
- Good nourishment: Proper nourishment is not only essential for being physically fit, but also mentally fit. Good nourishment will help them stay healthy physically and increase their energy levels. This in turn will positively affect their mental health.
- Make them feel safe: Children need to feel safe in order to stay mentally fit. Try and spend some time with them every day. As a parent, always make your children realize that you are right beside them. Listen to their problems and help them find solutions to solve those instead of scolding them. Help them to relax and feel secure to stay mentally fit.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a the doctor and ask a free question.